Camp Goff
-
watched Goff's pro day - he is terrific. You have to balance his experience, etc, with
Wentz's ruggeder? build, and much better, imho, downfield throws with zip on the ball.
They said vs Oregon, Goff as a freshman, got pulled from the game in the rain. who cares, he's a freshman.
and also said... that Goff had a tough time again, something like 15 of 40, in the wind and rain, again,
in Oregon. Of course, he wasn't playing with a terrific cast of other players around him to match up with
Oregon.
Goff has serious moxie. I'll be impressed with either one - I just think I'd give the edge to Wentz. He has more zip on
long throws, and at the combine, he was accurate like crazy throughout. We'll see at his pro day next week, I think it was.
But saying that Wentz is less talented is baloney. They have different "A+...s", that's all.
Goff did have a few throws, that when he really goes to zing it, a few wobbled... big deal, right? Nope.
Interesting to watch Wentz's pro day, and Lynch's pro day, and compare all three after watching them in a row.
And Pep put gatorade or water on the ball at the end of practice, and asked Goff to throw five more.
That is just funny. Goff zinged the ball, no problem. lol
-
Couple more tidbits for the Goff doubters....
Silver, the NFL Network commentator, who was at the Pro Day, commented on Goff's pocket presence. Said it was as good as he has ever seen at the college level. Put it on par with Brady's and Rogers' pocket presence. Said that he asked Brady and Rogers whether their presence was learned or if they always had "it". Both said the latter. Asked if they thought it could be taught, they said they did not think so.
Mayock said if he had to pick a QB to be his 2016 starter, it's Goff. Despite Wentz playing in a "Pro System", taking snaps from under center, blah, blah, blah.... he takes Goff... the QB who has shown the ability to read 3 and 4 progressions deep. (Yet somehow Wentz is still atop his QB board.)
McShay reported from ProDay on NFL Insiders that the word he has gotten is that while both Wentz and Goff have impressed pro personnel with their football IQ, it is Goff that has really blown them away with his game mastery at the white board. His quick grasp of a novel package concept... his ability to absorb, explain and extrapolate upon the information just fed him has astonished the pros.
I prefer the guy who is already there. Not the guy who still has a ways to go... no matter how promising he looks on his journey.
And as far as leadership... was easy to the respect and regard his teammates held for Goff. It was all over their casual interactions in the weight room where measurements were done before they took the field.
-
Breaking pictures of Goff's hands from pro day. https://ummyummyfood.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/img_1025.jpg
Bugles.... I remember those...
All right... Pro Day is in the books.
Commentators giving Goff high marks for his script being loaded with many, high difficulty throws.... many more than the average Pro day. Script totaled just shy of 70 throws.
After the script our Pep Hamilton came out with a water bottle and doused the ball for about another half dozen throws of Pep's choice. Undoubtedly a preview of a private workout yet to come. One wobbler was produced, but others were nice, tight throws.
Nice performance by Jared "Big Hands" Goff...
Bugles.... I remember those...
All right... Pro Day is in the books.
Commentators giving Goff high marks for his script being loaded with many, high difficulty throws.... many more than the average Pro day. Script totaled just shy of 70 throws.
After the script our Pep Hamilton came out with a water bottle and doused the ball for about another half dozen throws of Pep's choice. Undoubtedly a preview of a private workout yet to come. One wobbler was produced, but others were nice, tight throws.
Nice performance by Jared "Big Hands" Goff...
But did he wear shoulder pads, have an ex-president show up, or have Drake's music playing?
-
Couple more tidbits for the Goff doubters....
Silver, the NFL Network commentator, who was at the Pro Day, commented on Goff's pocket presence. Said it was as good as he has ever seen at the college level. Put it on par with Brady's and Rogers' pocket presence. Said that he asked Brady and Rogers whether their presence was learned or if they always had "it". Both said the latter. Asked if they thought it could be taught, they said they did not think so.
Mayock said if he had to pick a QB to be his 2016 starter, it's Goff. Despite Wentz playing in a "Pro System", taking snaps from under center, blah, blah, blah.... he takes Goff... the QB who has shown the ability to read 3 and 4 progressions deep. (Yet somehow Wentz is still atop his QB board.)
McShay reported from ProDay on NFL Insiders that the word he has gotten is that while both Wentz and Goff have impressed pro personnel with their football IQ, it is Goff that has really blown them away with his game mastery at the white board. His quick grasp of a novel package concept... his ability to absorb, explain and extrapolate upon the information just fed him has astonished the pros.
I prefer the guy who is already there. Not the guy who still has a ways to go... no matter how promising he looks on his journey.
And as far as leadership... was easy to the respect and regard his teammates held for Goff. It was all over their casual interactions in the weight room where measurements were done before they took the field.
Couple more tidbits for the Goff doubters....
Silver, the NFL Network commentator, who was at the Pro Day, commented on Goff's pocket presence. Said it was as good as he has ever seen at the college level. Put it on par with Brady's and Rogers' pocket presence. Said that he asked Brady and Rogers whether their presence was learned or if they always had "it". Both said the latter. Asked if they thought it could be taught, they said they did not think so.
Mayock said if he had to pick a QB to be his 2016 starter, it's Goff. Despite Wentz playing in a "Pro System", taking snaps from under center, blah, blah, blah.... he takes Goff... the QB who has shown the ability to read 3 and 4 progressions deep. (Yet somehow Wentz is still atop his QB board.)
McShay reported from ProDay on NFL Insiders that the word he has gotten is that while both Wentz and Goff have impressed pro personnel with their football IQ, it is Goff that has really blown them away with his game mastery at the white board. His quick grasp of a novel package concept... his ability to absorb, explain and extrapolate upon the information just fed him has astonished the pros.
I prefer the guy who is already there. Not the guy who still has a ways to go... no matter how promising he looks on his journey.
And as far as leadership... was easy to the respect and regard his teammates held for Goff. It was all over their casual interactions in the weight room where measurements were done before they took the field.
You have this strange urge to divide people that I really don't understand. Have said from day 1 that I like and would appreciate both of these quarterbacks, but I prefer Wentz and graded him slightly higher. I don't doubt that Jared Goff is a good prospect.
-
Bugles.... I remember those...
All right... Pro Day is in the books.
Commentators giving Goff high marks for his script being loaded with many, high difficulty throws.... many more than the average Pro day. Script totaled just shy of 70 throws.
After the script our Pep Hamilton came out with a water bottle and doused the ball for about another half dozen throws of Pep's choice. Undoubtedly a preview of a private workout yet to come. One wobbler was produced, but others were nice, tight throws.
Nice performance by Jared "Big Hands" Goff...
But did he wear shoulder pads, have an ex-president show up, or have Drake's music playing?
-
No... and those were all pluses...
One other Mayock musing from today:
This draft's Goff/ Wentz pair will end up as good or better than 2015's Wilson/ Mariota.
Definitely a change in the narrative from "no Top 5 QB" just a couple months ago. Not Mayock specifically, but all the Twitter GMs and "scouts" who were and probably still are saying that.
Browns need their future, and they have two choices.
-
Couple more tidbits for the Goff doubters....
Silver, the NFL Network commentator, who was at the Pro Day, commented on Goff's pocket presence. Said it was as good as he has ever seen at the college level. Put it on par with Brady's and Rogers' pocket presence. Said that he asked Brady and Rogers whether their presence was learned or if they always had "it". Both said the latter. Asked if they thought it could be taught, they said they did not think so.
Mayock said if he had to pick a QB to be his 2016 starter, it's Goff. Despite Wentz playing in a "Pro System", taking snaps from under center, blah, blah, blah.... he takes Goff... the QB who has shown the ability to read 3 and 4 progressions deep. (Yet somehow Wentz is still atop his QB board.)
McShay reported from ProDay on NFL Insiders that the word he has gotten is that while both Wentz and Goff have impressed pro personnel with their football IQ, it is Goff that has really blown them away with his game mastery at the white board. His quick grasp of a novel package concept... his ability to absorb, explain and extrapolate upon the information just fed him has astonished the pros.
I prefer the guy who is already there. Not the guy who still has a ways to go... no matter how promising he looks on his journey.
And as far as leadership... was easy to the respect and regard his teammates held for Goff. It was all over their casual interactions in the weight room where measurements were done before they took the field.
You have this strange urge to divide people that I really don't understand. Have said from day 1 that I like and would appreciate both of these quarterbacks, but I prefer Wentz and graded him slightly higher. I don't doubt that Jared Goff is a good prospect.
You have this strange urge to divide people that I really don't understand. Have said from day 1 that I like and would appreciate both of these quarterbacks, but I prefer Wentz and graded him slightly higher. I don't doubt that Jared Goff is a good prospect.
If I saw them as close, then I would not try to draw out distinctions...
I do not see them as close.
-
No... and those were all pluses...
One other Mayock musing from today:
This draft's Goff/ Wentz pair will end up as good or better than 2015's Wilson/ Mariota.
Definitely a change in the narrative from "no Top 5 QB" just a couple months ago. Not Mayock specifically, but all the Twitter GMs and "scouts" who were and probably still are saying that.
Browns need their future, and they have two choices.
Definitely a change in the narrative from "no Top 5 QB" just a couple months ago. Not Mayock specifically, but all the Twitter GMs and "scouts" who were and probably still are saying that.
Browns need their future, and they have two choices.
There we continue to agree...
Just replaying today's NFL Insiders and for the first time I heard conversation about the demand going up for these 2 QBs. Even heard speculation of them going 1-2 for the first time due to demand generated by teams in the 2nd half of the first round, driving actions by teams within striking distance of trading for #1.
-
You have this strange urge to divide people that I really don't understand. Have said from day 1 that I like and would appreciate both of these quarterbacks, but I prefer Wentz and graded him slightly higher. I don't doubt that Jared Goff is a good prospect.
If I saw them as close, then I would not try to draw out distinctions...
I do not see them as close.
-
Then you're about the only one, then.
I can live with that...
-
Sorry, cal... as of now he is...Tour
*************************************
In the area of experience, sure. But athleticism? Nope. Wentz is very much more athletic. Athleticism
is quite a talent, and to a degree, that isn't a coaching thing. You watch Wentz reinterate a complex play that
Mariuchi sp? drew on the board, then spun the white board backwards, and Wentz asked if it was his turn,
Mariuchi smiled and said "nope..." and asked him a bunch of questions. And when it was Wentz's turn, he
adeptly reiterated the complex play and had him really smiling at how excellent he did. Both Goff and Wentz
are very intelligent, Bernie Kosar smart, maybe. Sure, if you had to start your rookie from the gitgo, you would
probably pick Goff. But having Mccown as the starter for a half yr?, until he gets banged up, you could insert
Wentz in there, and he may keep that job and run with it. But at the pro day, Mayock? was talking that Goff
didn't have the strength on the deep throws, that Wentz has, and that could make a difference in bad weather
Cleveland plays in, and brought up the two Oregon games Goff struggled in.
The talents are different - I don't see Goff "more talented"..inferring across the board. Neither did Mayock.
Goff has a lot more experience at the helm, and showed a lot of fight in him, when he didn't have an all star
competitive cast around him.
I'll be delighted with either one - it's up to Hue. But in this division...I'd go with Wentz, since Mccown is quite
capable of playing, and showing a brilliant Wentz the ropes for a while. We'll see !
-
Then you're about the only one, then.
I can live with that...
-
Be strong in your convictions. If Wentz blows the big one and Goff becomes the next Brady, you'll be able to say "I told you so".
Although I don't see that happening whatsoever...
And when that day comes, Tour will pack his bent billiard pipe and smoke it, with an ever-so twinkle in his eye.
-
:lol:
:lol:
:lol:
:lol:
:lol: -
Then you're about the only one, then.
One of two
-
Be strong in your convictions. If Wentz blows the big one and Goff becomes the next Brady, you'll be able to say "I told you so".
Although I don't see that happening whatsoever...
I am fortified by your words...
And when that day comes, Tour will pack his bent billiard pipe and smoke it, with an ever-so twinkle in his eye.
lol.... no pipe, but by then Cubans should be easy to come by...
One of two
'bout time you showed up, mi compadre'...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

