Skip to content

Camp Goff

The Browns Board
515 46 16.1k
  • Two different guys mock drafts on CBS Sports

    Both have Wentz going #2

    one has Goff going 7th and the other has Goff going 15th

  • http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2016/02/01/bob-sturms-draft-profile-series-californias-jared-goff-highest-ceiling-qb-group

    Pretty good, of course he's talking about Goff for Dallas, but some pretty good content there that's pretty consistent with what others have said.

    I like this piece though:

    Goff is an exceptional talent who is the youngest of the three, the shortest of the three, and the lightest of the three. That said, it can easily be argued that he is also the most accomplished of the three, has played the highest level of competition of the three, and has the best mental understanding of the position of the three.
  • http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2016/02/01/bob-sturms-draft-profile-series-californias-jared-goff-highest-ceiling-qb-group

    Pretty good, of course he's talking about Goff for Dallas, but some pretty good content there that's pretty consistent with what others have said.

    I like this piece though:

    Goff is an exceptional talent who is the youngest of the three, the shortest of the three, and the lightest of the three. That said, it can easily be argued that he is also the most accomplished of the three, has played the highest level of competition of the three, and has the best mental understanding of the position of the three.

    @bbedward said:

    http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2016/02/01/bob-sturms-draft-profile-series-californias-jared-goff-highest-ceiling-qb-group

    Pretty good, of course he's talking about Goff for Dallas, but some pretty good content there that's pretty consistent with what others have said.

    I like this piece though:

    Shortest of the three would be a concern if he weren't 6'4". Lightest...yeah, 215lbs is a bit light for a QB of that size. Even Mingo can approach 240.

  • @bbedward said:

    http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2016/02/01/bob-sturms-draft-profile-series-californias-jared-goff-highest-ceiling-qb-group

    Pretty good, of course he's talking about Goff for Dallas, but some pretty good content there that's pretty consistent with what others have said.

    I like this piece though:

    Shortest of the three would be a concern if he weren't 6'4". Lightest...yeah, 215lbs is a bit light for a QB of that size. Even Mingo can approach 240.

    @gftchris said:

    Shortest of the three would be a concern if he weren't 6'4". Lightest...yeah, 215lbs is a bit light for a QB of that size. Even Mingo can approach 240.

    Yea the height is irrelevant, the size hasn't been an issue for him and he had a sieve for an OL. Getting into an NFL conditioning program will likely do him quite a bit of good.

    I value the mental understanding more than 20 pounds though.

  • lmao....all these threads and discussions are ridiculous. Nobody has a clue which of these three guys(if any, or if all?) will become excellent starters in the nfl. None are in the automatic bust category, and certainly none are in the "he's definately going to be a sure thing" category......

    I couldn't give two shits who gets 'hot' in pre-draft meetings and workouts and whatnot. If we pick one of these guys, we'll just have to see what we get after they play a bit. Would I like the guy we pick to be peyton manning? Sure....but I'm sure as hell not getting my hopes up.

  • Ah... blissful ignorance...

  • Ah... blissful ignorance...

    @tour2ma said:

    Ah... blissful ignorance...

    What do you mean? Tacosman has time and again displayed his outstanding football mind.

  • @bbedward said:

    ... Goff can drop the ball in on fades better than ... anybody on this roster)...

    No argument, but we tried so few, it is hard to know.

    @gftchris said:

    Highlight reels can be good also - if someone's highlight reel shows major flaws, you don't really need to watch the rest of the game tape so much.

    Highlight reels are called highlight reels for a reason.

    @bbedward said:

    Calhoun, Nassib, Spence there's a ton of options that could help our pass rush in the 2nd round.

    In my mind's eye Spence looks so good in Kruger's old role...

    @tour2ma said:

    In my mind's eye Spence looks so good in Kruger's old role...

    Problem being that Spence will not be there by the time we take our 2nd pick. My bet is somewhere between 9 and 16.

  • @tour2ma said:

    In my mind's eye Spence looks so good in Kruger's old role...

    Problem being that Spence will not be there by the time we take our 2nd pick. My bet is somewhere between 9 and 16.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Problem being that Spence will not be there by the time we take our 2nd pick. My bet is somewhere between 9 and 16.

    Certainly his Senior Bowl showing has set that kind of rise in motion.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Problem being that Spence will not be there by the time we take our 2nd pick. My bet is somewhere between 9 and 16.

    Certainly his Senior Bowl showing has set that kind of rise in motion.

    @tour2ma said:

    Certainly his Senior Bowl showing has set that kind of rise in motion.

    Yep-but look who WalterFootball now has us taking in the 2nd after Wentz @ #2 overall. Hopefully he doesn't hang around with JM. 😆

    brownsb_logo.gif Cleveland Browns: Germain Ifedi, OT/G, Texas A&M TexasAM_logo.gif

    "Negotiations between the Browns and Mitchell Schwartz have not gone well, so if he leaves via free agency, the Browns will obviously need to find a new right tackle to block for their new quarterback."

  • Well at least JM did not poison the TAMU well...

    But let's not forget... this is Camp Goff.

    The best part of Camp Goff?

    Why... the Goff Course of course...

  • @the-gipper said:

    See the red for which round they think these players should go in. Not a first round talent in the bunch.

    At least you have a source now, but it's still early and some of their connections seem to think Goff will emerge as #1 after he gets to meeting with teams.

    But it's only one, everybody else grades them out as first round talents so far.

    @bbedward said:

    At least you have a source now, but it's still early and some of their connections seem to think Goff will emerge as #1 after he gets to meeting with teams.

    But it's only one, everybody else grades them out as first round talents so far.

    Well, I had several sources.....most of which were verbal after hearing them on TV/Radio.

    I mean, did you think I was making this shit up?

    And note.....these guys make the disclaimer that this is where they evaluate their talent in relation to the rest of the pool of players in the draft....not where they think they will be drafted.

    So....all along, as I said, because they are QBs these second round rated talents will still probably go high in round 1.

  • Ah... blissful ignorance...

    @tour2ma said:

    Ah... blissful ignorance...

    If you are talking about Tacosman's statement, I happen to think he is right.

    NO ONE has a clue if any or which one of these QBs will be an outstanding QB.

    After all.....most people had Weeden a low 1st or 2d rounder.

    No one had Russell Wilson up there that year.

    And of course there is obviously the Tom Brady example. And on the opposite extreme the Jamarcus Russell example.

    You know nothing Jon Snow.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Ah... blissful ignorance...

    What do you mean? Tacosman has time and again displayed his outstanding football mind.

    @gftchris said:

    What do you mean? Tacosman has time and again displayed his outstanding football mind.

    Just because i've been right every damn time on every damn thing since I've come in here doesn't mean I know everything......and I'm not afraid to admit it. I have no idea if goff, lynch, or wentz will be a good nfl starter or a crappy journeyman.....what I do know is that if anyone tells you they know, they are FOS. None are cant miss prospects, and none are sure thing duds.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Ah... blissful ignorance...

    If you are talking about Tacosman's statement, I happen to think he is right.

    NO ONE has a clue if any or which one of these QBs will be an outstanding QB.

    After all.....most people had Weeden a low 1st or 2d rounder.

    No one had Russell Wilson up there that year.

    And of course there is obviously the Tom Brady example. And on the opposite extreme the Jamarcus Russell example.

    You know nothing Jon Snow.

    @the-gipper said:

    If you are talking about Tacosman's statement, I happen to think he is right.

    NO ONE has a clue if any or which one of these QBs will be an outstanding QB.

    After all.....most people had Weeden a low 1st or 2d rounder.

    No one had Russell Wilson up there that year.

    And of course there is obviously the Tom Brady example. And on the opposite extreme the Jamarcus Russell example.

    You know nothing Jon Snow.

    well just because Jamarcus was #1 overall doesn't mean there was a consensus he would be excellent. Sometimes a guy can go #1 overall and there be very little certainty over what his nfl career will be like. Cam newton was another such guy who went the other way of course...

  • @gftchris said:

    What do you mean? Tacosman has time and again displayed his outstanding football mind.

    Just because i've been right every damn time on every damn thing since I've come in here doesn't mean I know everything......and I'm not afraid to admit it. I have no idea if goff, lynch, or wentz will be a good nfl starter or a crappy journeyman.....what I do know is that if anyone tells you they know, they are FOS. None are cant miss prospects, and none are sure thing duds.

    @tacosman said:

    i've been right every damn time on every damn thing since I've come in here

    large.jpg

    No but seriously Tacosman there's no such thing as a guarantee in the NFL draft. That's the reason everybody does a whole plethora of evaluation and scouting through tape, interviews, workouts to figure out the best guy - even a sure fire thing can go south.

    @the-gipper said:

    Well, I had several sources.....most of which were verbal after hearing them on TV/Radio.

    I mean, did you think I was making this shit up?

    And note.....these guys make the disclaimer that this is where they evaluate their talent in relation to the rest of the pool of players in the draft....not where they think they will be drafted.

    So....all along, as I said, because they are QBs these second round rated talents will still probably go high in round 1.

    Those optimum scouting guys seem to think Goff will rise though, and pretty much everybody else disagrees with them on how they rank Lynch and also the overall ranking - most have Goff/Wentz graded as first round talent overall by all positions, not based on projected draft position.

  • @the-gipper said:

    If you are talking about Tacosman's statement, I happen to think he is right.

    NO ONE has a clue if any or which one of these QBs will be an outstanding QB.

    After all.....most people had Weeden a low 1st or 2d rounder.

    No one had Russell Wilson up there that year.

    And of course there is obviously the Tom Brady example. And on the opposite extreme the Jamarcus Russell example.

    You know nothing Jon Snow.

    well just because Jamarcus was #1 overall doesn't mean there was a consensus he would be excellent. Sometimes a guy can go #1 overall and there be very little certainty over what his nfl career will be like. Cam newton was another such guy who went the other way of course...

    @tacosman said:

    Cam newton was another such guy who went the other way of course...

    Newton has been winning football games since HS. At his size & a few 2 years of thumping's at Carolina he has found his way. It's accepting coaching, film room & Team Game. He has worked for everything this game is giving him & more including time well spent with children in our community. But yes he can be a hot dog!! Out of the 3. Wentz maybe fun to watch with emotion & Goff has that Silent Assassin look 🥷..

  • Has anyone actually watched Goff throw a deep ball? Interested to hear your takes on his 25+ throws, especially seam and deep middle.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Ah... blissful ignorance...

    If you are talking about Tacosman's statement, I happen to think he is right.

    NO ONE has a clue if any or which one of these QBs will be an outstanding QB.

    After all.....most people had Weeden a low 1st or 2d rounder.

    No one had Russell Wilson up there that year.

    And of course there is obviously the Tom Brady example. And on the opposite extreme the Jamarcus Russell example.

    You know nothing Jon Snow.

    @the-gipper said:

    If you are talking about Tacosman's statement, I happen to think he is right.

    NO ONE has a clue if any or which one of these QBs will be an outstanding QB.

    After all.....most people had Weeden a low 1st or 2d rounder.

    No one had Russell Wilson up there that year.

    And of course there is obviously the Tom Brady example. And on the opposite extreme the Jamarcus Russell example.

    You know nothing Jon Snow.

    The comment concerned TacoCabana clearly relishing his ignorance with an overreliance on "no one can predict" (which ironically happens to be a prediction). If you are eager to share that stance, then I'll gladly lump you in with him.

    Myself... I prefer to argue my own opinion based upon my own observations. Doesn't mean I will be right in any particular case, but overall I like my odds.

    I may know nothing, but at least I'm working to fill the void.

    @tacosman said:

    Just because i've been right every damn time on every damn thing since I've come in here doesn't mean I know everything......and I'm not afraid to admit it.

    One... do I have to drag out your introductory posts on Manziel again?

    Two... do you realize how your opening undermines everything that follows?

    My money is still on you being a trolling alt...

  • Has anyone actually watched Goff throw a deep ball? Interested to hear your takes on his 25+ throws, especially seam and deep middle.

    @mike-h said:

    Has anyone actually watched Goff throw a deep ball? Interested to hear your takes on his 25+ throws, especially seam and deep middle.

    I'll be happy to note those throws going forward, Mike. One of my notes from the 2015 USC game was, "Nice 30-yd touch pass."

    In tape so far have been some nice deep crosses (posts), but don't recall many seams.

    I do recall several sideline fly routes. He seems to have a tendency to overthrow them if he misses.