Camp Lynch
-
Interesting first point. In that you have assumed that starting points are not relative to the coach but to the prospect. You have to ask yourself what is worse of the two having no experience or having the wrong experience. Unlearning to Relearn is more difficult than just learningcorrectly in the first place. Having to retrain goff for example is going to be more difficult than retraining lynch for example.
Goff in his current form would be a turnover machine for the browns he LOVES to throw the ball deep and does so with only moderate accuracy and arm. Wentz has also showed trouble in his deep ball/sidelines.
Not that lynch has an amazing deep ball but he hasnt thrown a deep INT this year.
We can all agree that any of these top 3 guys will likely be better than billy right?
VesnaKociper said:
I have had the pleasure of seeing the kid play. I would love to see him as a Brown, because it would turn this shit hole of a really fucking weird football team into a Browns town. Plus, I think the kid can play.
Lynch will be looked at as closely as the other two Tom.
Not that lynch has an amazing deep ball but he hasnt thrown a deep INT this year.
We can all agree that any of these top 3 guys will likely be better than billy right?
Lynch hasn't thrown a deep int- because go look at his passing tree. He doesn't throw deep much. The vast majority of his passes are dinks and dunks.
As far as being better than Manziel- So is Connor Shaw.
-
i do like connor >.<
-
-
most highlight plays are deep to intermediate. And also lets not forget the nfl is dominated by quick short passing
-
I see it as Carson=Lynch as far as prospect type and style. Goff doesn't look to be a fit for our team unfortunately. So either one though i prefer lynch (he did throw 7 td in one half afterall). Let me be clear that i see each of these prospects as having a good career
I see it as Carson=Lynch as far as prospect type and style. Goff doesn't look to be a fit for our team unfortunately. So either one though i prefer lynch (he did throw 7 td in one half afterall). Let me be clear that i see each of these prospects as having a good career
Why is that? He's a closer comparison to Dalton than either Lynch or Wentz.
-
I dont see it. I've watched alot of the games from the 3 top doods and goff really compares to a less mobile/less accurate rodgers. Best comparison i think would be Kelly Holcomb
-
Point taken on taking "your system" into account. Certainly if the evals are close that'd be a tie-breaker, but the best candidates can adapt to systems as well.
I don't buy the athleticism argument for Wentz, let alone Lynch. I just think they run more and more is not necessarily better... or in this case more athletic. Goff is simply less prone to bailing on a pocket in no small part due to his mesmerizing ability to slide within one.
If they run 40's at the Combine I'd look for Wentz in the 4.7's, Goff 4.8's and Lynch >4.9. If they run 3-cone and/or shuttles I think it'll be close between Wentz and Goff with Lynch well off their pace.
Holcomb? Ummm... no. We simply have to agree to disagree, but it's been interesting.
-
That's true alot actually relies on the combine and pro days and as those get finished we will have a more accurate picture of our draft prospects
-
Too much weight is put on the combine and pro days. Esp if your a QB. A tenth of a second faster or how good you throw to uncovered receivers should not decide anything. Lets pick a guy based upon how he's played in games. Usually those are the guys who end playing well in the NFL too.
-
Certainly too much can be placed upon Combine (and Pro days), but I find the Combine especially useful for two things...
1. Confirming what I think I see in tape... or not. If not, then I can look again.
2. Sifting through the lesser known players for prospects whose tape I might otherwise never get around to seeing.
-
Toward the end of the regular college season Lynch was considered the cream of the crop.....so certainly he should be in the conversation with the other QBs.....if QB were to be the way the Browns go.
Toward the end of the regular college season Lynch was considered the cream of the crop.....so certainly he should be in the conversation with the other QBs.....if QB were to be the way the Browns go.
That was more in the middle of the season.
-
Well the early part of the season hr was a relatively unknown prospect outside of nfl scouting circles. So good start good middle and discouting a record tying 7 TD in one half game he had a poorer end. Bare in mind stats wise he did 3700 yds 66% comp and a TD:INT ratio of 28/4 in 2015. His biggest problem is the offens he played in is not as applicable to the NFL. He definitely deserves to be in the same conversation as goff and wentz at 2.
-
I've been off Lynch for a long time, but he does in a purely draft stock way remind me of Teddy B. The dude was fairly widely considered the top QB prospect until one admittedly terrible game against Auburn. I think he slides for sure, how far is another question. I could see a lot of the above average teams with aging QB's taking a shot on him.
-
I love reading about all of the physical abilities and measurements, and I think those things really do matter to some extent. But what really gets me excited about a potential QB is their mental prowess. I don't know a thing about Lynch's grades, test scores, or anything, so I can't comment on that part of his game. From what little I've read about Carson Wentz, he's a very smart dude with something like a 4.0 in college (I believe I read that, could be wrong). A 4.0 in college is pretty tough to do, regardless of your major. You could be an under water basket weaving student, and getting a 4.0 is still tough to do. The fact that Wentz has a 4.0, has the stupid size and huge hands, and appears to be well liked...well...he's my guy at this early moment.
I believe I read that Goff was a film room junkie and a bright kid as well. And just because I read it, doesn't make it true, but internet articles are all I have to go on right now, LOL. At this point, I want Wentz as my first choice, but I'd be just about as happy with Goff. I'm completely stoked about having the second pick, and assuming we don't trade back, we're essentially guaranteed to get one of the two best QB prospects in the country. No, the QB crop isn't as talented as other years, but we have a savvy veteran on our roster. A veteran that enjoys working with young QB's, and a guy that is a helluva role model. I love the fact that we don't have to throw our rookie QB in for the first game. And who knows, maybe our rookie out performs McCown and starts anyways!
Lynch scares me for some reason, and I can't really tell you why. It's early February, and lots can/will change in the coming months. So it's very possible that Lynch could sky rocket and end up being our guy.
-
I'm just not seeing it with Lynch in the same way I am with Goff. Haven't looked at Wentz yet but it's harder to evaluate at that level, so not really prepared to comment so much.
-
I love reading about all of the physical abilities and measurements, and I think those things really do matter to some extent. But what really gets me excited about a potential QB is their mental prowess. I don't know a thing about Lynch's grades, test scores, or anything, so I can't comment on that part of his game. From what little I've read about Carson Wentz, he's a very smart dude with something like a 4.0 in college (I believe I read that, could be wrong). A 4.0 in college is pretty tough to do, regardless of your major. You could be an under water basket weaving student, and getting a 4.0 is still tough to do. The fact that Wentz has a 4.0, has the stupid size and huge hands, and appears to be well liked...well...he's my guy at this early moment.
I believe I read that Goff was a film room junkie and a bright kid as well. And just because I read it, doesn't make it true, but internet articles are all I have to go on right now, LOL. At this point, I want Wentz as my first choice, but I'd be just about as happy with Goff. I'm completely stoked about having the second pick, and assuming we don't trade back, we're essentially guaranteed to get one of the two best QB prospects in the country. No, the QB crop isn't as talented as other years, but we have a savvy veteran on our roster. A veteran that enjoys working with young QB's, and a guy that is a helluva role model. I love the fact that we don't have to throw our rookie QB in for the first game. And who knows, maybe our rookie out performs McCown and starts anyways!
Lynch scares me for some reason, and I can't really tell you why. It's early February, and lots can/will change in the coming months. So it's very possible that Lynch could sky rocket and end up being our guy.
Lynch scares me for some reason, and I can't really tell you why.
= 
maybe?? anyone?? dead ringer if you ask me.
-
Toward the end of the regular college season Lynch was considered the cream of the crop.....so certainly he should be in the conversation with the other QBs.....if QB were to be the way the Browns go.
That was more in the middle of the season.
That was more in the middle of the season.
Three quarter poll?
The question is.....who will do best down the stretch. So many opinions change when no actual games are ever being played.
-
That was more in the middle of the season.
Three quarter poll?
The question is.....who will do best down the stretch. So many opinions change when no actual games are ever being played.
Three quarter poll?
The question is.....who will do best down the stretch. So many opinions change when no actual games are ever being played.
But many are being replayed and watched more closely.
-
Certainly too much can be placed upon Combine (and Pro days), but I find the Combine especially useful for two things...
1. Confirming what I think I see in tape... or not. If not, then I can look again.
2. Sifting through the lesser known players for prospects whose tape I might otherwise never get around to seeing.
Certainly too much can be placed upon Combine (and Pro days), but I find the Combine especially useful for two things...
1. Confirming what I think I see in tape... or not. If not, then I can look again.
2. Sifting through the lesser known players for prospects whose tape I might otherwise never get around to seeing.
Byron Jones last year an excellent example-just under the radar until he broke a world record in the standing broad jump at the combine. Un f'n real!.
His combine bumped him from middle rounds to Cowboys 1st rounder.
-
Certainly too much can be placed upon Combine (and Pro days), but I find the Combine especially useful for two things...
1. Confirming what I think I see in tape... or not. If not, then I can look again.
2. Sifting through the lesser known players for prospects whose tape I might otherwise never get around to seeing.
Byron Jones last year an excellent example-just under the radar until he broke a world record in the standing broad jump at the combine. Un f'n real!.
His combine bumped him from middle rounds to Cowboys 1st rounder.
Byron Jones last year an excellent example-just under the radar until he broke a world record in the standing broad jump at the combine. Un f'n real!.
His combine bumped him from middle rounds to Cowboys 1st rounder.
And how has he done this year?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login