Skip to content

Camp Lynch

The Browns Board
117 29 4.6k
  • Lynch's stock has fallen, primarily due to Wentz's rise, but he's still in the Round 1 conversation.

  • I agree wentz has yhe advantage of playing a pro style offense but not as much competition as lynch has had also not near as much experience

  • I agree wentz has yhe advantage of playing a pro style offense but not as much competition as lynch has had also not near as much experience

    @cainedesoulis said:

    I agree wentz has yhe advantage of playing a pro style offense but not as much competition as lynch has had also not near as much experience

    Went plays a *lot* of read option, out of shotgun a lot, and a strangely high amount of the time it's on a reverse. He'll do that a lot less in the pros, I feel.

  • Lynch attended a Super Bowl party with the Haslam's Saturday. The Browns are going after a quarterback and are already looking. Mudfly is spot on about wasting another first round pick with so many needs. Farmer's two drafts set us back with no QB, wide recievers

    And it's going to take a few years to reboot. I'm with Mudfly on this. We need an edge rusher, OT, wide receiver, running back, lineman, and a franchise quarterback in a year where the QB's are underwhelming.

    Can we find a diamond in the rough? Brady, Kaepernick or Russell Wilson? Can we get a free agent? Or groom a too skinny Goff, Lynch or Wentz?

    Hue Jackson has his work cut out for him that's for sure.

  • Had to assume the connection between haslam and lynch both being from tenn.

  • Lynch attended a Super Bowl party with the Haslam's Saturday. The Browns are going after a quarterback and are already looking. Mudfly is spot on about wasting another first round pick with so many needs. Farmer's two drafts set us back with no QB, wide recievers

    And it's going to take a few years to reboot. I'm with Mudfly on this. We need an edge rusher, OT, wide receiver, running back, lineman, and a franchise quarterback in a year where the QB's are underwhelming.

    Can we find a diamond in the rough? Brady, Kaepernick or Russell Wilson? Can we get a free agent? Or groom a too skinny Goff, Lynch or Wentz?

    Hue Jackson has his work cut out for him that's for sure.

    @opal312 said:

    Lynch attended a Super Bowl party with the Haslam's Saturday. The Browns are going after a quarterback and are already looking. Mudfly is spot on about wasting another first round pick with so many needs. Farmer's two drafts set us back with no QB, wide recievers

    And it's going to take a few years to reboot. I'm with Mudfly on this. We need an edge rusher, OT, wide receiver, running back, lineman, and a franchise quarterback in a year where the QB's are underwhelming.

    Can we find a diamond in the rough? Brady, Kaepernick or Russell Wilson? Can we get a free agent? Or groom a too skinny Goff, Lynch or Wentz?

    Hue Jackson has his work cut out for him that's for sure.

    Edge rusher: obvious choice: Bosa

    WR: Josh Gordon plus a draft pick

    RB: We have Crowell, Duke Johnson....we just need them to be what they can be (plus...late round choice)

    QB? How about Connor Cook?

    Lineman: are you talking OL or DL?

  • I meant DL but what do I know! Farmer messed us up so of course I Want wide receivers. I'm going to keep my mouth shut until free agency in case we lose Schwartz and Mack, Gipson.

  • Is it more likely that the browns trade down and pick up lynch in the top 10 rather than at number 2?

  • Is it more likely that the browns trade down and pick up lynch in the top 10 rather than at number 2?

    @cainedesoulis said:

    Is it more likely that the browns trade down and pick up lynch in the top 10 rather than at number 2?

    It's unlikely anyone picks Lynch up in the top ten.

    But, I can't see us trading back and still taking a qb. If they think there is *the* QB to have, they won't hesitate to take him.

  • @cainedesoulis said:

    Is it more likely that the browns trade down and pick up lynch in the top 10 rather than at number 2?

    It's unlikely anyone picks Lynch up in the top ten.

    But, I can't see us trading back and still taking a qb. If they think there is *the* QB to have, they won't hesitate to take him.

    @gftchris said:

    It's unlikely anyone picks Lynch up in the top ten.

    But, I can't see us trading back and still taking a qb. If they think there is *the* QB to have, they won't hesitate to take him.

    Im with you on both counts....and have said this before.....if "the guy" is there, you take him....period.

    But, this year, if he's not....Id prefer they just pass on taking their "project" in the 2nd or 3rd, cause we need so many players.....just tap the best overall players with the first 3 or 4 picks, then grab your project QB later.....

    Cause pick #32 might as well be pick #22 and I dont want to burn another late first round pick on a Weeden, Quinn or Manziel...we cant afford to keep doing that...

  • @gftchris said:

    It's unlikely anyone picks Lynch up in the top ten.

    But, I can't see us trading back and still taking a qb. If they think there is *the* QB to have, they won't hesitate to take him.

    Im with you on both counts....and have said this before.....if "the guy" is there, you take him....period.

    But, this year, if he's not....Id prefer they just pass on taking their "project" in the 2nd or 3rd, cause we need so many players.....just tap the best overall players with the first 3 or 4 picks, then grab your project QB later.....

    Cause pick #32 might as well be pick #22 and I dont want to burn another late first round pick on a Weeden, Quinn or Manziel...we cant afford to keep doing that...

    @mudfly said:

    Im with you on both counts....and have said this before.....if "the guy" is there, you take him....period.

    But, this year, if he's not....Id prefer they just pass on taking their "project" in the 2nd or 3rd, cause we need so many players.....just tap the best overall players with the first 3 or 4 picks, then grab your project QB later.....

    Cause pick #32 might as well be pick #22 and I dont want to burn another late first round pick on a Weeden, Quinn or Manziel...we cant afford to keep doing that...

    I agree. Get the guy or bust. I wouldn't want to see them take a flyer on a shaky QB prospect with a 2nd or 3rd rounder just because. If their guy is there they need to get him, but otherwise I'd rather not draft a QB at all.

  • @cainedesoulis said:

    Is it more likely that the browns trade down and pick up lynch in the top 10 rather than at number 2?

    It's unlikely anyone picks Lynch up in the top ten.

    But, I can't see us trading back and still taking a qb. If they think there is *the* QB to have, they won't hesitate to take him.

    @gftchris said:

    It's unlikely anyone picks Lynch up in the top ten.

    But, I can't see us trading back and still taking a qb. If they think there is *the* QB to have, they won't hesitate to take him.

    Agreed entirely.

    And I'll add that even though I'm in Camp Goff and feel very confident there, if the FO doesn't draft a QB I trust them enough to figure it's because the right guy isn't in this draft.

  • I believe lynch has the talent and the physical gifts to be selected as the number 2 overall pick by the browns. Goff lacks even modest arm strength to be blunt. Carson Wentz and Lynch I believe are the type of QB the browns are looking for. That being said we can pretty much rule out Goff. Lynch had one of the most effective deep balls in CFB last year has shown constant improvement his whole college career. I've watched every video of each of the top 3 on draftbreakdown and i can honestly say lynch outperforms wentz on tape. not to say Goff doesn't look like a fine QB but in my observation he looked a bit "weak" to put it lightly. Really soft player. Fantastic! with a clean pocket but can react poorly when pressured. when goff is asked to rely on his arm is when he is at his worst. But with proper strength training and probably a year maybe two on the bench he could be a great QB. Biggest concern with Wentz over lynch is Wentz has a history of injury to his throwing arm which is concerning.

    A stellar perfomance from Lynch in the Combine and a good pro day and we could easily see him as the next QB for the Browns|

    To be completely honest this draft is shaping to have 3 QB selected in the top 15. From a supposed "weak" QB class. Food for thought

  • I believe lynch has the talent and the physical gifts to be selected as the number 2 overall pick by the browns. Goff lacks even modest arm strength to be blunt. Carson Wentz and Lynch I believe are the type of QB the browns are looking for. That being said we can pretty much rule out Goff. Lynch had one of the most effective deep balls in CFB last year has shown constant improvement his whole college career. I've watched every video of each of the top 3 on draftbreakdown and i can honestly say lynch outperforms wentz on tape. not to say Goff doesn't look like a fine QB but in my observation he looked a bit "weak" to put it lightly. Really soft player. Fantastic! with a clean pocket but can react poorly when pressured. when goff is asked to rely on his arm is when he is at his worst. But with proper strength training and probably a year maybe two on the bench he could be a great QB. Biggest concern with Wentz over lynch is Wentz has a history of injury to his throwing arm which is concerning.

    A stellar perfomance from Lynch in the Combine and a good pro day and we could easily see him as the next QB for the Browns|

    To be completely honest this draft is shaping to have 3 QB selected in the top 15. From a supposed "weak" QB class. Food for thought

    @cainedesoulis said:

    I believe lynch has the talent and the physical gifts to be selected as the number 2 overall pick by the browns. Goff lacks even modest arm strength to be blunt. Carson Wentz and Lynch I believe are the type of QB the browns are looking for. That being said we can pretty much rule out Goff. Lynch had one of the most effective deep balls in CFB last year has shown constant improvement his whole college career. I've watched every video of each of the top 3 on draftbreakdown and i can honestly say lynch outperforms wentz on tape. not to say Goff doesn't look like a fine QB but in my observation he looked a bit "weak" to put it lightly. Really soft player. Fantastic! with a clean pocket but can react poorly when pressured. when goff is asked to rely on his arm is when he is at his worst. But with proper strength training and probably a year maybe two on the bench he could be a great QB. Biggest concern with Wentz over lynch is Wentz has a history of injury to his throwing arm which is concerning.

    A stellar perfomance from Lynch in the Combine and a good pro day and we could easily see him as the next QB for the Browns|

    To be completely honest this draft is shaping to have 3 QB selected in the top 15. From a supposed "weak" QB class. Food for thought

    Yes, I have said, these QBs will be overdrafted. This could be a Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert Christian Ponder kind of year.

  • Never say never... anyone still playing FirstPick has seen a shift in the game's Top Ten action.

    There are scenarios where the competition among teams who have franchise QBs on their roster get in competition for top position players. Someone wins, takes a player and the previous bidders for another position compete for the next pick. Some team misses, but has a close #2 at the position taken and is now afraid they'll miss both their guys. Should one of the latter gain the next pick, then suddenly you have a budding run on a position.

    And the beat goes on...

    The above opens a path to moving back a few spots and still getting "our QB"... whomever, it may be. The above is certainly helped by having two or more QBs rated equally, a situation I do not see, but understand may be the case.

  • Never say never... anyone still playing FirstPick has seen a shift in the game's Top Ten action.

    There are scenarios where the competition among teams who have franchise QBs on their roster get in competition for top position players. Someone wins, takes a player and the previous bidders for another position compete for the next pick. Some team misses, but has a close #2 at the position taken and is now afraid they'll miss both their guys. Should one of the latter gain the next pick, then suddenly you have a budding run on a position.

    And the beat goes on...

    The above opens a path to moving back a few spots and still getting "our QB"... whomever, it may be. The above is certainly helped by having two or more QBs rated equally, a situation I do not see, but understand may be the case.

    @tour2ma said:

    Never say never... anyone still playing FirstPick has seen a shift in the game's Top Ten action.

    What I see are the QB's dropping like crazy....have been able to tap one of the Top 3 in the second round almost every time.....

  • but one of the top 3 may not be "the" qb

  • correct....or possibly ......none of em are.....might be why they're dropping....

  • or fan perception and hype is guiding mock drafts rather that talent evaluation...ya know...

  • Positions ebb and flow...

    Won't see meaningful movement for about two more weeks. Even then the QB movement will be dictated more by other position players' performances than the QBs.