Skip to content

Camp Lynch

The Browns Board
117 29 4.6k
  • Never say never... anyone still playing FirstPick has seen a shift in the game's Top Ten action.

    There are scenarios where the competition among teams who have franchise QBs on their roster get in competition for top position players. Someone wins, takes a player and the previous bidders for another position compete for the next pick. Some team misses, but has a close #2 at the position taken and is now afraid they'll miss both their guys. Should one of the latter gain the next pick, then suddenly you have a budding run on a position.

    And the beat goes on...

    The above opens a path to moving back a few spots and still getting "our QB"... whomever, it may be. The above is certainly helped by having two or more QBs rated equally, a situation I do not see, but understand may be the case.

    @tour2ma said:

    Never say never... anyone still playing FirstPick has seen a shift in the game's Top Ten action.

    What I see are the QB's dropping like crazy....have been able to tap one of the Top 3 in the second round almost every time.....

  • but one of the top 3 may not be "the" qb

  • correct....or possibly ......none of em are.....might be why they're dropping....

  • or fan perception and hype is guiding mock drafts rather that talent evaluation...ya know...

  • Positions ebb and flow...

    Won't see meaningful movement for about two more weeks. Even then the QB movement will be dictated more by other position players' performances than the QBs.

  • or fan perception and hype is guiding mock drafts rather that talent evaluation...ya know...

    @cainedesoulis said:

    or fan perception and hype is guiding mock drafts rather that talent evaluation...ya know...

    Thats a good possibility too.......after all, it is fans playing the game....

  • Agreed with very little, Em, thinking less of Lynch than you did every step of the way.

    And then you grade him as a 4th Round prospect? I did chuckle...

  • Welp we have moved back in the draft and picking lynch is a pretty clear possibility so i thought i would bring this topic back to the first page. With number 8 or 32 the browns could very well have the qb of the future. I would love to see us take him at 32 but most experts have him going in the early to mid 1st. If we want him we wont be missing out on too much to take him at 8. Especially considering we have future picks to build with including multiple 1st rounders. Not as huge of a risk to take a prototype QB.

    Our coach/team has met with lynch more than the other qb prospects anyway so could be a tell.

    Personally i thought wentz == lynch in terms of development time anyway so again this is a pretty low risk pick.

  • VesnaKociper said:

    Well, one thing is for certain, if the Browns take Lynch at #8, Sashi was in Camp Ghoolie all along.

    Camp Ghoolie? Can I find that on this website?

    http://www.purenudism.net/Nudist_Clubs_Resorts/USA/Tennessee/TN.html

  • Sashi plays the accordion?

  • Finally watched Paxton's Gruden last nite... Pleasant guy, but something just was "off".

    • Overlooked that he played in a Steeler uniform as a kid... easier for me than some here.
    • Bugged me more that he did not know the scores of big games Memphis had won. I can remember my best rounds of golf on my home course and , for lack of a better term, most memorable rounds on famous courses like St Andrews, virtually shot for shot... and most of those were 20 or so years ago.
    • Was a little goofy, but every QB was to some degree this season... except maybe Cardale. For the most part the younger QBs were more nervous... maturity factor maybe tempering their nerves and reaction to Chuckie. He did relax as episode unrolled.

    Then it hit me... intensity... fire... I just did not sense it. I just did not see it.

    Then there was the outside work. Unlike even Cardale when Gruden asked for quicker, Paxton simply could not get quicker. And unlike some (Wheezy) it was not his release, that is not bad for a tall QB. It's actually fairly compact. It's his feet and shoulders and getting his arm into throwing position. They can't do "quick". Game tape review just now confirmed this. Pro DBs are going to jump routes on him big time. There are some signs of him processing a defense, but not that many and not that fast.

    I can see why Ghoulie likes PL... game tape is Derek Carr revisited. Memphis' offense seemed very reminiscent of Fresno St.'s. But Derek had the quickness to bring his game to the Pros. He can snap to position to throw to a secondary WR. On the few occasions I saw Paxton revert to a 2nd, he tended to launch from wherever his platform was pointed at the time and accuracy suffered. Mostly this was on the move masking the problem, but it's there.

    I saw one snap early vs. Memphis when he sat in a clean pocket in the middle of the field bouncing on his toes. Unfortunately he threw short to the near hash without resetting just that little bit, maybe 15 degrees tops, and ended up throwing behind his open TE.

    In summary I see a guy with no twitch (as in quick) or itch (as in to be great at the next level).

    So there it is... my take.

    Let me have it Ghoulie...

  • VesnaKociper said:

    Well, one thing is for certain, if the Browns take Lynch at #8, Sashi was in Camp Ghoolie all along.

    If the Browns take Lynch- I'll buy you a beer- but you're going to have to drive to Nashville to collect on it. 🙂

    Personally, as of today, The Hoorta is in Camp Elliot- but if he's off the board, I'm in camp BPA. Fer sure, I'll be parked in front of the Big Screen with a large quantity of wine and munchies Thursday.

    I'm not in favor of any further trade-downs unless Sashi gets a truly stupid offer from another team like the Eagles just gifted us.

  • I've always thought that Paxton Lynch was better than Wentz. But I like Goff far more than either of them.

    I'm sure it's a combination of Ghoulie's ranting, some favourable game tape, a couple of articles, the Browns recent QB history AND my disappointment at being out of the Goff sweepstakes... But I find I'm coming around on Lynch.

    I will say that if the Browns somehow end up with Lynch (whether it be at eight or otherwise), I have enough confidence in this coaching staff and their decision to draft him.

    Thursday can't come soon enough.

  • I keep hearing that the Browns like Connor Cook, but who knows how true that is. There's a good chance that Lynch isn't available past the top 20, and if a team really likes him, he could be gone even earlier. You just never know when it comes to QB.

  • I keep hearing that the Browns like Connor Cook, but who knows how true that is. There's a good chance that Lynch isn't available past the top 20, and if a team really likes him, he could be gone even earlier. You just never know when it comes to QB.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I keep hearing that the Browns like Connor Cook, but who knows how true that is. There's a good chance that Lynch isn't available past the top 20, and if a team really likes him, he could be gone even earlier. You just never know when it comes to QB.

    I hear Cook could be a choice at #32...if he is there.

  • I would not mind Lynch in the 2nd or 3rd round but I have to many other prospects ahead of Lynch to pick him in the first round. He has good potential but needs more work before he will be ready. At least RGIII will not feel threatened if we take Lynch later because RGIII will expect us to sit Lynch for at least a year.

  • Well the other two top prospects have a dedicated camp 🙂. Lynch is an accurate passer with TONS of athleticism prototypical size for the afc north. With an impressive early season performance and a high TD to INT ratio. It is my opinion that goff/wentz/lynch all have strength and weaknesses and lynch is as fine a candidate as any.

    @cainedesoulis said:

    Well the other two top prospects have a dedicated camp 🙂. Lynch is an accurate passer with TONS of athleticism prototypical size for the afc north. With an impressive early season performance and a high TD to INT ratio. It is my opinion that goff/wentz/lynch all have strength and weaknesses and lynch is as fine a candidate as any.

    Can you believe that anyone wanted Paxton Lynch? I told you guys all along that he wasn't going to be very good.

  • @cainedesoulis said:

    Well the other two top prospects have a dedicated camp 🙂. Lynch is an accurate passer with TONS of athleticism prototypical size for the afc north. With an impressive early season performance and a high TD to INT ratio. It is my opinion that goff/wentz/lynch all have strength and weaknesses and lynch is as fine a candidate as any.

    Can you believe that anyone wanted Paxton Lynch? I told you guys all along that he wasn't going to be very good.

    @ghoolie said:

    Can you believe that anyone wanted Paxton Lynch? I told you guys all along that he wasn't going to be very good.

    Yeah, he was about as good as that other guy the Broncos cut- Chad Kelly. But at least the Broncos didn't spend a first round pick on Chad.  😁