Benjamin 'close' to signing a new contract
-
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/02/browns_travis_benjamin_agent_i.html
"I'm optimistic that something will get something done in the near future,'' Butler. "We've been in contact with the organization here in the last couple of weeks and we're still trying to figure out how we can get this thing done where both sides agree to a fair offer. But Cleveland has made strides in terms of getting him back in a Browns uniform.''
Seems like maybe he's valued more highly by Huey Jackson and the Harvard three than he was by Ray "don't like that new-fangled passing game" Farmer.
-
I stuck up for Ray Farmer but in hindsight, I have no idea what he was trying to achieve
-
I stuck up for Ray Farmer but in hindsight, I have no idea what he was trying to achieve
I stuck up for Ray Farmer but in hindsight, I have no idea what he was trying to achieve
What killed Farmer, apart from any infighting/texting, was his inability to make the big time investments pay off. We have some really promising pieces in place, the likes of Bitonio, Johnson, Orchard, Cooper, Shelton, Meder, Crowell, Kirksey, Williams, and others that were all brought in by him, but in terms of big free agent signings, Dansby has been solid, Whitner worse than Ward (who wanted to stay but is now in the SB), Bowe is catastrophic, Rob Housler - remember him? - was brought in for decent money and promptly left. Draft picks - Gilbert and Manziel won't likely be on the team in 2016, Shelton has been OK and hopefully will improve but hardly set the world alight, Erving looked pretty disastrous. Bitonio is his highest pick that looks like he could be very good, and from six round one or two picks, that's not good enough.
-
It seems conclusive he had no choice re Manziel but fine make sure you give him the chance to succeed. He gave a short QB even shorter receivers and he couldn't see any of them. Off field problems would have ruined it anyway but the point still stands
Both Gilbert and Erving are incredibly raw (being polite) and were taken in the first. Just gave us no chance
-
It seems conclusive he had no choice re Manziel but fine make sure you give him the chance to succeed. He gave a short QB even shorter receivers and he couldn't see any of them. Off field problems would have ruined it anyway but the point still stands
Both Gilbert and Erving are incredibly raw (being polite) and were taken in the first. Just gave us no chance
It seems conclusive he had no choice re Manziel but fine make sure you give him the chance to succeed. He gave a short QB even shorter receivers and he couldn't see any of them. Off field problems would have ruined it anyway but the point still stands
Both Gilbert and Erving are incredibly raw (being polite) and were taken in the first. Just gave us no chance
And he couldn't see that part of the reason Manziel succeeded in college was because he had a WR with a huge catch radius. It would seem obvious that you would try to create an environment for your supposed franchise QB that borrows some things from what he succeeded with in college.
-
It seems conclusive he had no choice re Manziel but fine make sure you give him the chance to succeed. He gave a short QB even shorter receivers and he couldn't see any of them. Off field problems would have ruined it anyway but the point still stands
Both Gilbert and Erving are incredibly raw (being polite) and were taken in the first. Just gave us no chance
And he couldn't see that part of the reason Manziel succeeded in college was because he had a WR with a huge catch radius. It would seem obvious that you would try to create an environment for your supposed franchise QB that borrows some things from what he succeeded with in college.
And he couldn't see that part of the reason Manziel succeeded in college was because he had a WR with a huge catch radius. It would seem obvious that you would try to create an environment for your supposed franchise QB that borrows some things from what he succeeded with in college.
Butt, butt, butt ................Bowe and Mayle it in.

-
Travis Benjamin is a nice piece of the puzzle, but unfortunately...he will fit better if we have a certain other piece. It's infuriating just how much we need Josh Gordon. I know people will disagree with me, but to have a guy like Gordon...man...
-
Travis Benjamin is a nice piece of the puzzle, but unfortunately...he will fit better if we have a certain other piece. It's infuriating just how much we need Josh Gordon. I know people will disagree with me, but to have a guy like Gordon...man...
Travis Benjamin is a nice piece of the puzzle, but unfortunately...he will fit better if we have a certain other piece. It's infuriating just how much we need Josh Gordon. I know people will disagree with me, but to have a guy like Gordon...man...
Who could possibly disagree with that?
He was busted after Week 17, for having booze on an airplane... WITH A COACH. He's not a pariah.
-
I agree whole heartedly! Why would you draft a small quarterback and not draft Mike Evans or Kelvin Benjamin type receiver? And drafting Vincent Mayle was really really stupid! I believe they drafted Erving for the day Alex Mack decides to leave. Justin Gilbert was Pettine's "Boy". Maybe Gilbert will change with a new coach?
Thanks Ray, you stubborn horses ass!
-
Manziel was good in college because he was in college. Receivers are the most overrated players on the field. The Panthers will probably win the Super Bowl and no one seems to care that their best wide receiver is Ted Ginn Jr. Almost every year the champions win with QB play and defense. We have neither and we still have people complaining about receivers? Do you people pay attention to what happens in the NFL or do you just watch your diabetic neighbor play madden?
Remember that one time Bellicheck drafted a receiver in the first round? Yeah, neither does anyone else.
-
Agree...
Also true? Mike Evans is more than just a tall WR who pushes off everytime... which is how I think I mistakenly characterized him prior to his draft.
-
Agree...
Also true? Mike Evans is more than just a tall WR who pushes off everytime... which is how I think I mistakenly characterized him prior to his draft.
Agree...
Also true? Mike Evans is more than just a tall WR who pushes off everytime... which is how I think I mistakenly characterized him prior to his draft.
I wouldn't have argued with that. Refs around here let both sides get away with murder on the boundaries. That said, Evans has some tremendous tools.
-
Agree...
Also true? Mike Evans is more than just a tall WR who pushes off everytime... which is how I think I mistakenly characterized him prior to his draft.
I wouldn't have argued with that. Refs around here let both sides get away with murder on the boundaries. That said, Evans has some tremendous tools.
I wouldn't have argued with that. Refs around here let both sides get away with murder on the boundaries. That said, Evans has some tremendous tools.
Does that include the one that threw to him in Texas?
-
It did, but obviously it no longer does.
-
Mike Evans certainly pushes off more than most, but if they don't call it...LOL. Evans also has more infuriating drops than just about anybody on the planet. Still, he's a viable threat, and will probably only get more dangerous. You know who else pushes off? Kelvin Benjamin for the Panthers. I know he was hurt this season (geez...think about the Panthers with HIM healthy), but in his early years, he had about 5 touchdowns called back in college for pushing off, LOL. However, he learned how to do it "legally" and he blossomed. What do Evans and Kelvin have in common? SIZE, SIZE, and more SIZE.
-
It did, but obviously it no longer does.
I just wanted to make a joke about JFF being a massive tool.
-
It did, but obviously it no longer does.
I just wanted to make a joke about JFF being a massive tool.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login