Skip to content

Camp Cook

The Browns Board
268 35 6.2k
  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    So if none of these are official, I'll just choose to believe the NFL endorsed opinion rather than any cut rate third party opinion out there.

    Good to know we're in agreement.

    So....if the Browns have the #2 pick....and Bosa and Buckner are both available....who would you take?

    @the-gipper said:

    So....if the Browns have the #2 pick....and Bosa and Buckner are both available....who would you take?

    Myles Jack...🙂

  • guess I've gotta break my own rule and argue with Gip.... Jesus.

    its hilarious that you ask for multiple sources from people when your "source" was "there was a guy who said something once in the not so recent past, and I blindly agree without doing any independent player evaluation."

    I've gotta respect your dogged, Skip Bayless style approach, but here's the thing, Gip. Your personal worth isn't directly tied to being 100% correct on your first take. You don't have to be Skip Bayless and make paper thin arguments and excuses which back up your initial claim. You're a human being, you are valuable, no one will think less of you for abandoning a shaky, out-dated, borderline re-tarded argument... Of course you never will. You will reply to this post and interject your snarky little responses in a contrasting color and continue to tell the world that Tim Tebow, Brandon Weeden and Johnny Manziel are destined for greatness and that Lebron James isn't Very good. Cheers.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    So if none of these are official, I'll just choose to believe the NFL endorsed opinion rather than any cut rate third party opinion out there.

    Good to know we're in agreement.

    So....if the Browns have the #2 pick....and Bosa and Buckner are both available....who would you take?

    @the-gipper said:

    So....if the Browns have the #2 pick....and Bosa and Buckner are both available....who would you take?

    Carson Wentz.

  • @the-gipper said:

    So....if the Browns have the #2 pick....and Bosa and Buckner are both available....who would you take?

    Myles Jack...🙂

    @mudfly said:

    Myles Jack... 🙂

    If he plays anything like Von Miller, you may be onto something there. 😁 Does he have 4.4 speed?

  • @tour2ma said:

    Guten Morgan...

    I agree... you are incapable of discerning a difference.

    Not with this group of QBs. No. I don't think there are vast differences in the talent among the first group and the latter group.

    Actually you are arguing "closest", but let's set that aside.

    Fine....Bosa is the closest thing to a sure thing.....not a closer thing. Happy now?

    How do you compare Bosa's chances in a 3-4 vs. a 4-3?

    I don't think it matters. He is a football player. He will tackle people and rush the passer from whichever system he plays in. I said he reminds me of Howie Long, who played DE in the 3-4. He was considered the ultimate 3-4 DE. Ray Horton runs the 3-4 I believe. Bosa may have played in the 4-3 in college....but he moved all over the place.

    He would do fine in whatever.

    @the-gipper said:

    How do you compare Bosa's chances in a 3-4 vs. a 4-3?

    I don't think it matters. He is a football player. He will tackle people and rush the passer from whichever system he plays in. I said he reminds me of Howie Long, who played DE in the 3-4. He was considered the ultimate 3-4 DE. Ray Horton runs the 3-4 I believe. Bosa may have played in the 4-3 in college....but he moved all over the place.

    He would do fine in whatever.

    Sure...

    @roycerolls said:

    guess I've gotta break my own rule and argue with Gip.... Jesus.

    lol... thanks for playing our game...

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    So if none of these are official, I'll just choose to believe the NFL endorsed opinion rather than any cut rate third party opinion out there.

    Good to know we're in agreement.

    So....if the Browns have the #2 pick....and Bosa and Buckner are both available....who would you take?

    @the-gipper said:

    So....if the Browns have the #2 pick....and Bosa and Buckner are both available....who would you take?

    I went to Jared...

  • went-jared-racoon-ring-wedding-jard-dogs
  • @mudfly said:

    Myles Jack... 🙂

    If he plays anything like Von Miller, you may be onto something there. 😁 Does he have 4.4 speed?

    @texasag1969 said:

    If he plays anything like Von Miller, you may be onto something there. 😁 Does he have 4.4 speed?

    Im not sure what his 40 time is, but I can say that he's fast enough......Im bailing on the combine BS this year and paying attention to production only...

    He can play everywhere and did play running back(quite well) and also safety. so as a LB the speed is plenty good enough....and has a real nose for the ball and is a sure tackler, which is all I need.....

    Here's afreshman game tape....you decide....

    http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Myles+Jack+&&view=detail&mid=03F4770954965C39D60E03F4770954965C39D60E&FORM=VRDGAR

    and another...

    http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Myles+Jack+&&view=detail&mid=2368A6AB6D98ADE54FC92368A6AB6D98ADE54FC9&FORM=VRDGAR

  • How about Braxton Miller, I mean he went to Ohio State

  • His own teammates decided that he wasn't worthy of being a Captain. That says volumes.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    His own teammates decided that he wasn't worthy of being a Captain. That says volumes.

    He's Bo Callahan.

  • How about Braxton Miller, I mean he went to Ohio State

    @baconhound said:

    How about Braxton Miller, I mean he went to Ohio State

    he's a WR.

  • Trade down 😍

  • Trade down 😍

    @mike-h said:

    Trade down 😍

    53815394.jpg

  • @texasag1969 said:

    If he plays anything like Von Miller, you may be onto something there. 😁 Does he have 4.4 speed?

    Im not sure what his 40 time is, but I can say that he's fast enough......Im bailing on the combine BS this year and paying attention to production only...

    He can play everywhere and did play running back(quite well) and also safety. so as a LB the speed is plenty good enough....and has a real nose for the ball and is a sure tackler, which is all I need.....

    Here's afreshman game tape....you decide....

    http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Myles+Jack+&&view=detail&mid=03F4770954965C39D60E03F4770954965C39D60E&FORM=VRDGAR

    and another...

    http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Myles+Jack+&&view=detail&mid=2368A6AB6D98ADE54FC92368A6AB6D98ADE54FC9&FORM=VRDGAR

    @mudfly said:

    Im not sure what his 40 time is, but I can say that he's fast enough......Im bailing on the combine BS this year and paying attention to production only...

    He can play everywhere and did play running back(quite well) and also safety. so as a LB the speed is plenty good enough....and has a real nose for the ball and is a sure tackler, which is all I need.....

    Here's afreshman game tape....you decide....

    http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Myles+Jack+&&view=detail&mid=03F4770954965C39D60E03F4770954965C39D60E&FORM=VRDGAR

    and another...

    http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Myles+Jack+&&view=detail&mid=2368A6AB6D98ADE54FC92368A6AB6D98ADE54FC9&FORM=VRDGAR

    His speed approaches Millers but I would not be surprised if he is used as a SS. Not sure he is quite big enough to take on NFL OT's, but he's fast and is a sure tackler in the open field. Has good cover skills too. Why do I think a bigger version of "Jack Tatum" when I watch those highlights?

  • Justin Cook 2017

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Cook is an interesting choice, and I love the fact that we'd be able to spend the second pick on another impact player. Perhaps Bosa, Ramsey, or even trade down (a LITTLE). There are no perfect candidates this year, and anybody can pick apart one of these QB's if given an opportunity. I like the offense that Cook ran in college, and I believe he has potential. I'd be interested in knowing how our scout and talent gurus have the QB's evaluated when the draft comes. Obviously we'll never get that information, but it'd sure be cool.

    I think there will be lots of information on these guys. But, again, here is my basic point: you can get a good QB in rounds 2 and 3.....in some years the better QBs came out of those rounds:

    2012...Wilson, Foles, Cousins......better than all others except Luck

    2011....Dalton, Kaepernick....but than others except Cam.

    There is no Luck/Newton in this draft.

    @the-gipper said:

    I think there will be lots of information on these guys. But, again, here is my basic point: you can get a good QB in rounds 2 and 3.....in some years the better QBs came out of those rounds:

    2012...Wilson, Foles, Cousins......better than all others except Luck

    2011....Dalton, Kaepernick....but than others except Cam.

    There is no Luck/Newton in this draft.

    But there could be a Kosar.

    @roycerolls said:

    Gipper read a fortune cookie Last 4th of July that said there would be no first round QBs this year. He then decided that since QB isn't a very important position that the Browns might as well take the 5th QB prospect on the board. if there's anything that every QB the Browns drafted after Couch has taught us it's that the bargain bin is the best place to find a franchise signal caller.

    Yup, since Frye and McCoy worked out so well

    @the-gipper said:

    Again, yes they will be drafted in the first round.....or should I say overdrafted.

    All I am saying is that with our #2 pick.....we would be reaching mightily to take a QB there. If we had the #10-15 pick, it may not be so bad.

    But we need #2 talent with our #2 pick.

    We don't need the QB equivalent of Trent Richardson.

    So you're already calling Goff, Wentz and Lynch busts.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I'm looking at the rankings on NFL.com that clearly have DeForest Buckner rated as a better DE prospect than Bosa. Further, Bosa is far from the #1 overall prospect - he's more like the 7th. I happen to trust the NFL official board moreso than the CBS - considering as these guys are getting drafted to play in the NFL and not CBS.

    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/tracker?icampaign=draft-sub_nav_bar-drafteventpage-tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-grade/dt-by-position-input:s

    I may be an OSU homer, but I'm not in love with Bosa. Let me refresh Gips memory about another OSU DL that had the "can't miss superstar" tag. Big Daddy Dan Wilkinson.

    @mudfly said:

    Myles Jack... 🙂

    Yup, rated higher than Bosa- and at a position of dire need.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    If he plays anything like Von Miller, you may be onto something there. 😁 Does he have 4.4 speed?

    Im not sure what his 40 time is, but I can say that he's fast enough......Im bailing on the combine BS this year and paying attention to production only...

    He can play everywhere and did play running back(quite well) and also safety. so as a LB the speed is plenty good enough....and has a real nose for the ball and is a sure tackler, which is all I need.....

    Here's afreshman game tape....you decide....

    http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Myles+Jack+&&view=detail&mid=03F4770954965C39D60E03F4770954965C39D60E&FORM=VRDGAR

    and another...

    http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Myles+Jack+&&view=detail&mid=2368A6AB6D98ADE54FC92368A6AB6D98ADE54FC9&FORM=VRDGAR

    @mudfly said:

    Im not sure what his 40 time is, but I can say that he's fast enough......Im bailing on the combine BS this year and paying attention to production only...

    Bailing on the Combine? WTF?

    Jack will roll in the 4.5's. I think he will kill in the 3-cone and shuttle drills.

    @texasag1969 said:

    His speed approaches Millers but I would not be surprised if he is used as a SS. Not sure he is quite big enough to take on NFL OT's, but he's fast and is a sure tackler in the open field. Has good cover skills too. Why do I think a bigger version of "Jack Tatum" when I watch those highlights?

    His size is an issue. I can still find weights anywhere from 230 to 245 for him. So I am eager to see what shows at the Combine.

    In any case I don't see a 3-4 OLB. I think he might pull off a 4-3, new breed OLB.

  • The real problem with this thread is that bosa is a waste at number 2. Cook has a really sharp arm...sometimes... and thats kinda been his problem all along

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    His own teammates decided that he wasn't worthy of being a Captain. That says volumes.

    He's Bo Callahan.

    @mark-o said:

    He's Bo Callahan.

    That's the guy I was thinking of! Draft day, no friends, good production - Cook.

  • @mudfly said:

    Im not sure what his 40 time is, but I can say that he's fast enough......Im bailing on the combine BS this year and paying attention to production only...

    Bailing on the Combine? WTF?

    Jack will roll in the 4.5's. I think he will kill in the 3-cone and shuttle drills.

    @texasag1969 said:

    His speed approaches Millers but I would not be surprised if he is used as a SS. Not sure he is quite big enough to take on NFL OT's, but he's fast and is a sure tackler in the open field. Has good cover skills too. Why do I think a bigger version of "Jack Tatum" when I watch those highlights?

    His size is an issue. I can still find weights anywhere from 230 to 245 for him. So I am eager to see what shows at the Combine.

    In any case I don't see a 3-4 OLB. I think he might pull off a 4-3, new breed OLB.

    @tour2ma said:

    Bailing on the Combine? WTF?

    Jack will roll in the 4.5's. I think he will kill in the 3-cone and shuttle drills.

    His size is an issue. I can still find weights anywhere from 230 to 245 for him. So I am eager to see what shows at the Combine.

    In any case I don't see a 3-4 OLB. I think he might pull off a 4-3, new breed OLB.

    I think we'll see a lot more of the 'mobile' 3-4 OLB with great speed and weight around 240-250, who can rush the passer and cover the 'freak' college basketball playing tight ends that are 6'7", also run a 4.5 and weigh 250lbs. Think Mingo, only, you know, good.