Skip to content

Camp Cardale

The Browns Board
83 28 3.1k
  • @texasag1969 said:

    Well our latest FO would be putting all their eggs in the QB basket. Hasn't worked yet and frankly I just don't see the QB in this draft. If they take one I certainly hope I'm 100% wrong.

    I would trust that if anyone can evaluate and develop a QB it would be Jackson. If we pick someone up in free agency or skip picking a QB in the first, we will know how he feels about this class of QBs haha.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    I would trust that if anyone can evaluate and develop a QB it would be Jackson. If we pick someone up in free agency or skip picking a QB in the first, we will know how he feels about this class of QBs haha.

    Not necessarily... I think that for us to spend our #2 on a QB, there's going to have to be unanimous agreement that one QB is not only the best QB prospect, but that he is a high-probability prospect. Sashi is going to have to hear this from Hue, Scouting and Analytics... not just "I can live with QB X being the choice."

    First time out they are all going to be in the same boat because it is the boat they wanted to be in.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    I would trust that if anyone can evaluate and develop a QB it would be Jackson. If we pick someone up in free agency or skip picking a QB in the first, we will know how he feels about this class of QBs haha.

    Not necessarily... I think that for us to spend our #2 on a QB, there's going to have to be unanimous agreement that one QB is not only the best QB prospect, but that he is a high-probability prospect. Sashi is going to have to hear this from Hue, Scouting and Analytics... not just "I can live with QB X being the choice."

    First time out they are all going to be in the same boat because it is the boat they wanted to be in.

    @tour2ma said:

    Not necessarily... I think that for us to spend our #2 on a QB, there's going to have to be unanimous agreement that one QB is not only the best QB prospect, but that he is a high-probability prospect. Sashi is going to have to hear this from Hue, Scouting and Analytics... not just "I can live with QB X being the choice."

    First time out they are all going to be in the same boat because it is the boat they wanted to be in.

    Eh we will just wait till the 3rd and get Goff....

  • I'm still on the cardale bandwagon. I want him for the browns and I think he has all the tools in his box to succeed given time to mature. He's got the size, he's got the strength, he can run if he needs to and at his size he's probably not one hit from blowing out a knee. He's got some big game experience and that's not bad. Yeah his second season wasn't all sunshine and rainbows but he still never lost. Sometimes you've gotta take a chance on a guy who's got all the tools rather than take a chance on a guy who doesn't.

  • I'm still on the cardale bandwagon. I want him for the browns and I think he has all the tools in his box to succeed given time to mature. He's got the size, he's got the strength, he can run if he needs to and at his size he's probably not one hit from blowing out a knee. He's got some big game experience and that's not bad. Yeah his second season wasn't all sunshine and rainbows but he still never lost. Sometimes you've gotta take a chance on a guy who's got all the tools rather than take a chance on a guy who doesn't.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I'm still on the cardale bandwagon. I want him for the browns and I think he has all the tools in his box to succeed given time to mature. He's got the size, he's got the strength, he can run if he needs to and at his size he's probably not one hit from blowing out a knee. He's got some big game experience and that's not bad. Yeah his second season wasn't all sunshine and rainbows but he still never lost. Sometimes you've gotta take a chance on a guy who's got all the tools rather than take a chance on a guy who doesn't.

    I tend to agree but I would worry that the browns will have a quick reach for the ripcord if it doesn't happen quickly.

    WSS

  • I don't think Cardale has the resume to be taken in the first 3 rounds. I'd expect him to be around in the 5th at which point I'd scoop him up and have him sit behind Goff.

  • I don't think Cardale has the resume to be taken in the first 3 rounds. I'd expect him to be around in the 5th at which point I'd scoop him up and have him sit behind Goff.

    @roycerolls said:

    I don't think Cardale has the resume to be taken in the first 3 rounds. I'd expect him to be around in the 5th at which point I'd scoop him up and have him sit behind Goff.

    Yes, I just met I thought he has the right tools.

    WSS

  • I don't think Cardale has the resume to be taken in the first 3 rounds. I'd expect him to be around in the 5th at which point I'd scoop him up and have him sit behind Goff.

    @roycerolls said:

    I don't think Cardale has the resume to be taken in the first 3 rounds. I'd expect him to be around in the 5th at which point I'd scoop him up and have him sit behind Goff.

    I definitely wouldn't be opposed to this.

  • I believe analytics will show that two QBs in one draft is the new stupid...

  • I believe analytics will show that two QBs in one draft is the new stupid...

    @tour2ma said:

    I believe analytics will show that two QBs in one draft is the new stupid...

    Oh I think that's probably very true except maybe in a rare occasion.

    Still I'm going to have to sit in front of the TV watching the Browns win a playoff game before I take football analytics seriously. Sorry Sashi no disrespect intended but...

    WSS 😉

  • ... and he needed a good day.

    Hammie pull makes me wonder how serious his prep for the Combine was.

  • And ... traded for a conditional 7th rounder.

    Zombo

    --Next year he is washing Kessler's car in Berea lot.

  • And ... traded for a conditional 7th rounder.

    Zombo

    --Next year he is washing Kessler's car in Berea lot.

    Zombo said:

    And ... traded for a conditional 7th rounder.

    Zombo

    --Next year he is washing Kessler's car in Berea lot.

    Traded to who? The Browns? Really? Oh, I see....the Chargers.

  • And ... traded for a conditional 7th rounder.

    Zombo

    --Next year he is washing Kessler's car in Berea lot.

    Zombo said:

    And ... traded for a conditional 7th rounder.

    Zombo

    --Next year he is washing Kessler's car in Berea lot.

    We pick him up if he gets cut. ?

  • Another example of staying in college too long. If dude would have left after OSU won the title game.I honestly believe he would have been the 3rd QB off the board after Winston and Mariota in a incredibly poor draft class (only 7 QBs were drafted) and probably late 2nd/early 3rd as opposed to the 4th round in a much deeper draft. The book isn't closed but that's a huge what if.

  • Another example of staying in college too long. If dude would have left after OSU won the title game.I honestly believe he would have been the 3rd QB off the board after Winston and Mariota in a incredibly poor draft class (only 7 QBs were drafted) and probably late 2nd/early 3rd as opposed to the 4th round in a much deeper draft. The book isn't closed but that's a huge what if.

    @jrb12711 said:

    Another example of staying in college too long. If dude would have left after OSU won the title game.I honestly believe he would have been the 3rd QB off the board after Winston and Mariota in a incredibly poor draft class (only 7 QBs were drafted) and probably late 2nd/early 3rd as opposed to the 4th round in a much deeper draft. The book isn't closed but that's a huge what if.

    How would that have helped him perform in the pros?

  • It wouldn't... but it would have helped his wallet.

    Have to admire the kid for betting on himself, but man... he was never going to be hotter.

  • Looking back at some of the evals is fun.

  • Zombo said:

    And ... traded for a conditional 7th rounder.

    Zombo

    --Next year he is washing Kessler's car in Berea lot.

    We pick him up if he gets cut. ?

    @hoorta said:

    We pick him up if he gets cut.

    Sashi ain't no garbage collector.

    Wouldn't cut Kevin Hogan to make the room.

    Zombo

  • He should have played more school