Skip to content

Camp Bosa

The Browns Board
99 20 2.6k
  • @gftchris said:

    Also, watching the film on Bosa (draftbreakdown), what jumps out isn't much from Bosa, but Joshua Perry, always seems to be there to make a play.

    oh pls, go back to camp goff or wherever you came from!!!

    Perry standing out over Bosa, puhhhhleesssseeeee. Obvious troll is obvious.

    @clevfan4life said:

    oh pls, go back to camp goff or wherever you came from!!!

    Perry standing out over Bosa, puhhhhleesssseeeee. Obvious troll is obvious.

    Lo, not trying to bash Bosa, he got consistent penetration, basically as expected. I was surprised by Perry, is all.

  • @mudfly said:

    Id like Bosa a lot better if he didnt slam Cleveland and call it a piss hole or whatever it was....much prefer someone who wants to be here and not just biding his time till Free Agency.....

    I don't really care about that. He is just repeating stupid shit that he may have heard somewhere. His reflection is probably about the state of the Browns.

    You and I both know that as an exciting city, Cleveland has it all over boring Columbus. He just doesn't know that yet. He would once he got here.

    @the-gipper said:

    I don't really care about that. His reflection is probably about the state of the Browns.

    Well, it was actually a direct stab at the city, not the Browns.....

    @flyin-j said:

    He said it on a twitter rant 2 years ago, has since said hed love to play for the Browns.

    Well, of course he's changed his tune....it's draft time....gotta say the right things to get elected....

    @wargograw said:

    Where?

    Oh, it's pretty well known that he said it...no question....it was all over the web for a while.....the exact quote was "Cleveland is a run down dirty hole of a city"....

    And guys, to be clear, Im not saying dont draft him because he said it.....Im just saying I wish he hadnt, cause for me, taking it back doent change it and I found it to be directly offensive to me and my town.....and Id prefer a player who wants to be here or, at least, has enough class not to speak out like that.....emphasis on "prefer"....

    Remember how everyone freaked out last year when DeVonte Parkers mom said stuff?....or Bridgewater?....this is the same thing(but worse)

    @gftchris said:

    Lo, not trying to bash Bosa, he got consistent penetration, basically as expected. I was surprised by Perry, is all.

    I like Perry too....always around the ball and...maybe? better than Lee.....

  • There are guys in football who rush as good as Bosa, maybe even run defend as good as Bosa although I think he's been shown to be definitively the best run defender at his position in all of college football............but what I know for a fact is that no one does both like him. He's complete. And why I like his rush style so much is that he doesn't fag his way around the corner, like Kruger does. He attacks the outside shoulder and he carves down the edge. You don't have to run a 4'4 around the 3 point line when you can power edge rush like that. And what that does most importantly is limit the space the QB can step up to. Ideally you have a guy like that on one side and a more speed guy on the other to run down a nimble QB should he decide to spill out instead of up. Roethlisberger has destroyed the Browns for years because we get no inside pressure and our edges get dog walked high....he steps up...spills out to his right.....and finds someone 50 yds downfield. I'm so got damn sick and tired of seeing him do that. I'm so got damn sick and tired of our DC's not addressing that problem.

    Cincy doesn't have that problem with their 4-3 because those are big fuckin mooks on the line that don't easily get pushed wide. Of course there's always still some room to step up but they've got very good MLB"s that tend to close very quickly. And who don't particularly care for Roethlisberger, that always helps.

  • If you guys paid attention, did you see how active Carolina's DE's are in run defense? Even fucking Allen who's always been primarily a rusher...he's now buckling down and properly holding guys off him and then diving into the play. It makes a difference if a RB has to slough off a big DE on his way through the hole....even just a fraction of a second holdup is all that's needed for these LB'ers these days who all are closing with 4'4-4'5 speed. But if the RB gets through without anyone laying a finger on him, like here in Cleveland.....it makes the LB's job more difficult.

    It used to be the edges just had to make sure the run play was funneled inside....but that's not enough anymore. OL's are too athletic these days and get to the 2nd level much faster so the LB's get held up on their way to the hole. That's the problem with our run defense....evne when our edges funnel the runs inside, our LB'ers are just way too slow and often hadn't made the right call on which gap to fill. Talent issue scheme issue...some combination of both I dunno. I just know what i'm seeing out of the best defense's in the NFL and it's guys like Miller and Ware if you're running a 3-4.

  • Accoriding to Cleveland.coms Ari Wasserman, Bosa was asked about the chance of playing for the Browns.

    Whoever picks at No. 1, if I am lucky enough to go there, Id be happy. It could be anywhere, Id be happy to go. To get to stay in Ohio and get to have the same fan base Im sure it would be awesome, just to grow my brand in Ohio.

    @flyin-j said:

    (Bosa on possiilibty of playing in Clevelnad)

    "Whoever picks at No. 1, if I am lucky enough to go there, Id be happy. It could be anywhere, Id be happy to go. To get to stay in Ohio and get to have the same fan base Im sure it would be awesome, just to grow my brand in Ohio."

    @flyin-j said:

    Its a plus for me. Means hes motivated!

    Well.... if cultivating one's brand is a coin flip situation, then we are due...

  • i'm kind of digging the shrug life.....

  • @the-gipper said:

    I don't really care about that. His reflection is probably about the state of the Browns.

    Well, it was actually a direct stab at the city, not the Browns.....

    @flyin-j said:

    He said it on a twitter rant 2 years ago, has since said hed love to play for the Browns.

    Well, of course he's changed his tune....it's draft time....gotta say the right things to get elected....

    @wargograw said:

    Where?

    Oh, it's pretty well known that he said it...no question....it was all over the web for a while.....the exact quote was "Cleveland is a run down dirty hole of a city"....

    And guys, to be clear, Im not saying dont draft him because he said it.....Im just saying I wish he hadnt, cause for me, taking it back doent change it and I found it to be directly offensive to me and my town.....and Id prefer a player who wants to be here or, at least, has enough class not to speak out like that.....emphasis on "prefer"....

    Remember how everyone freaked out last year when DeVonte Parkers mom said stuff?....or Bridgewater?....this is the same thing(but worse)

    @gftchris said:

    Lo, not trying to bash Bosa, he got consistent penetration, basically as expected. I was surprised by Perry, is all.

    I like Perry too....always around the ball and...maybe? better than Lee.....

    @mudfly said:

    Well, it was actually a direct stab at the city, not the Browns.....

    Well, of course he's changed his tune....it's draft time....gotta say the right things to get elected....

    Oh, it's pretty well known that he said it...no question....it was all over the web for a while.....the exact quote was "Cleveland is a run down dirty hole of a city"....

    And guys, to be clear, Im not saying dont draft him because he said it.....Im just saying I wish he hadnt, cause for me, taking it back doent change it and I found it to be directly offensive to me and my town.....and Id prefer a player who wants to be here or, at least, has enough class not to speak out like that.....emphasis on "prefer"....

    Remember how everyone freaked out last year when DeVonte Parkers mom said stuff?....or Bridgewater?....this is the same thing(but worse)

    I like Perry too....always around the ball and...maybe? better than Lee.....

    I was referring to the other part of the post I quoted. "Has since said hed love to play for the Browns."

  • As far as cleveland being a dump you got to consider the kids in his early twenties. Compare Cleveland to Columbus and Columbus is a much younger more sprawling city, and much less slum area. Lots and lots more bars and restaurants catering to a young crowd.

    I'm sure he gives a fuck about Severance Hall, the Cleveland Orchestra or the Museum of Art...

    WSS

  • As far as cleveland being a dump you got to consider the kids in his early twenties. Compare Cleveland to Columbus and Columbus is a much younger more sprawling city, and much less slum area. Lots and lots more bars and restaurants catering to a young crowd.

    I'm sure he gives a fuck about Severance Hall, the Cleveland Orchestra or the Museum of Art...

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    As far as cleveland being a dump you got to consider the kids in his early twenties. Compare Cleveland to Columbus and Columbus is a much younger more sprawling city, and much less slum area. Lots and lots more bars and restaurants catering to a young crowd.

    I'm sure he gives a fuck about Severance Hall, the Cleveland Orchestra or the Museum of Art...

    WSS

    If the city itself was that big of an issue, Miami would have 20 championships. What the fuck is there to do in Denver or CAR? Are they that attractive?
  • Denver = Weed & Skiing?

    Carolina = ...?

  • As far as cleveland being a dump you got to consider the kids in his early twenties. Compare Cleveland to Columbus and Columbus is a much younger more sprawling city, and much less slum area. Lots and lots more bars and restaurants catering to a young crowd.

    I'm sure he gives a fuck about Severance Hall, the Cleveland Orchestra or the Museum of Art...

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    As far as cleveland being a dump you got to consider the kids in his early twenties. Compare Cleveland to Columbus and Columbus is a much younger more sprawling city, and much less slum area. Lots and lots more bars and restaurants catering to a young crowd.

    I'm sure he gives a fuck about Severance Hall, the Cleveland Orchestra or the Museum of Art...

    WSS

    Well, OK, perhaps the only life he has been exposed to is the High street college bar scene. (btw, Columbus has its share of slums)

    And fyi.....I went to college in Cleveland (law school) and I sure as hell found all the bars I needed to cater to that crowd. And you certainly know from your experience how it used to be. Cleveland had a great young bar scene.

    I don't know if that is still true....as I am no longer young and no longer in school.

    But then....he won't be that either. He will be a professional...and he will have to act like a professional....and perhaps he will become a married/family man before too long and his priorities will change vastly and quickly.

  • @westside-steve said:

    As far as cleveland being a dump you got to consider the kids in his early twenties. Compare Cleveland to Columbus and Columbus is a much younger more sprawling city, and much less slum area. Lots and lots more bars and restaurants catering to a young crowd.

    I'm sure he gives a fuck about Severance Hall, the Cleveland Orchestra or the Museum of Art...

    WSS

    If the city itself was that big of an issue, Miami would have 20 championships. What the fuck is there to do in Denver or CAR? Are they that attractive?

    @comeonman said:

    If the city itself was that big of an issue, Miami would have 20 championships. What the fuck is there to do in Denver or CAR? Are they that attractive?

    Regardless of what you believe, it still is at least somewhat of an issue.

    If everything else were equal, there wouldn't be many who'd choose Cleveland over, say, Miami. Even if it's 1% of a factor, it's still a factor.

  • @westside-steve said:

    As far as cleveland being a dump you got to consider the kids in his early twenties. Compare Cleveland to Columbus and Columbus is a much younger more sprawling city, and much less slum area. Lots and lots more bars and restaurants catering to a young crowd.

    I'm sure he gives a fuck about Severance Hall, the Cleveland Orchestra or the Museum of Art...

    WSS

    If the city itself was that big of an issue, Miami would have 20 championships. What the fuck is there to do in Denver or CAR? Are they that attractive?

    @comeonman said:

    If the city itself was that big of an issue, Miami would have 20 championships. What the fuck is there to do in Denver or CAR? Are they that attractive?

    If slums were an issue he sure would stay away from Miami then.

    Charlotte is like Columbus: bland, but based on a nouveau economy.

  • I hope the last thing our first round pick is worried about is the bar scene.....

  • @comeonman said:

    If the city itself was that big of an issue, Miami would have 20 championships. What the fuck is there to do in Denver or CAR? Are they that attractive?

    Regardless of what you believe, it still is at least somewhat of an issue.

    If everything else were equal, there wouldn't be many who'd choose Cleveland over, say, Miami. Even if it's 1% of a factor, it's still a factor.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Regardless of what you believe, it still is at least somewhat of an issue.

    If everything else were equal, there wouldn't be many who'd choose Cleveland over, say, Miami. Even if it's 1% of a factor, it's still a factor.

    Well, here is the deal......he will go where he is drafted. He doesn't have the choice really.

    How does he like country music....because to me, 80% says he winds up in Nashville with the Tits. I hope not, but I expect it.

  • I hope the last thing our first round pick is worried about is the bar scene.....

    @mudfly said:

    I hope the last thing our first round pick is worried about is the bar scene.....

    Yea, I think we need someone who will not act like a drunken fool. (even if he is one)

  • I hope the last thing our first round pick is worried about is the bar scene.....

    @mudfly said:

    I hope the last thing our first round pick is worried about is the bar scene.....

    kind of a good point.

  • I hope the last thing our first round pick is worried about is the bar scene.....

    @mudfly said:

    I hope the last thing our first round pick is worried about is the bar scene.....

    Yes but the point being made was that he said that Cleveland was a dump or something like that.

    I just pointed out that to a 20-something millionaire Columbus would probably be more fun. Not that Cleveland is barren.

    And of course he will play where he gets drafted. He might emulate Joe Thomas and want to be a soul mate of the city and the team. He might be Alex Mack who couldn't give shit number one.

    WSS

  • Denver = Weed & Skiing?

    Carolina = ...?

    @gftchris said:

    Denver = Weed & Skiing?

    Mountain hiking (I have been on 95% of the trails in Rocky Mountain National Park), casinos in Blackhawk, Boulder women, big time fishing & hunting and best damn mountain scenery anywhere. And last but not least, a real Superbowl winner. HA! 😆

  • @mudfly said:

    I hope the last thing our first round pick is worried about is the bar scene.....

    Yes but the point being made was that he said that Cleveland was a dump or something like that.

    I just pointed out that to a 20-something millionaire Columbus would probably be more fun. Not that Cleveland is barren.

    And of course he will play where he gets drafted. He might emulate Joe Thomas and want to be a soul mate of the city and the team. He might be Alex Mack who couldn't give shit number one.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Yes but the point being made was that he said that Cleveland was a dump or something like that.

    I just pointed out that to a 20-something millionaire Columbus would probably be more fun. Not that Cleveland is barren.

    And of course he will play where he gets drafted. He might emulate Joe Thomas and want to be a soul mate of the city and the team. He might be Alex Mack who couldn't give shit number one.

    WSS

    The one good thing is that his brother will be playing here in Ohio for the next few years, so he'll at least have that connection, which I think he'd like.....and even with the comment, for some reason I can see him adapting better than Mack did and starting to feel it if things go well for him......after all, we can create some electricity at Browns stadium, even with a shitty team.....and if he turns out to be a great #1 pick, he will be like a god here.....