Skip to content

2016 Draft Steals and Busts

The Browns Board
22 12 1.4k
  • Who are this years steals and busts in the draft ?

    Steals

    Deion Jones ... LB.... LSU

    Aaron Burbridge....WR... Michigan State

    Jordan Jenkins LB ....Georgia

    Kevin Byard ...S....Middle Tennessee

    Busts

    The Quarterbacks ( Goff, Wentz and Lynch)

    De'Runnya Wilson ...WR ...Miss St

  • I don't think you can rate them until after the draft. If the steals go higher then they are no longer steals. If the QB's go late 1st or later, how can you say they were a bust?

  • I am just rating them on their projection where they are set to be taken .....

  • Cyrus Jones steal numerous uno. If Chris Jones, Mississippi State DT, is a day 3 pick as I've seen him projected as, then he's a huge steal.

    Why do you think De'Runnya will bust? He's pretty good and isn't projected to go high.

  • Kenny Clark looks like he'll be a steal, even in the 25-40 range. He's one of those guys for the other thread that jumps out when scouting other guys.

  • I am just rating them on their projection where they are set to be taken .....

    @darren15 said:

    I am just rating them on their projection where they are set to be taken .....

    OK-I'll play. If Elliot drops out of the first on draft day, he automatically qualifies as a steal. Same for Ragland. Alex Collins and Hunter Henry are steals in the 3rd.

  • Im seeing Scooby Wright being projected as a mid round pick and I think this kid is gonna be a star....my kind of LB for sure.....

  • Im seeing Scooby Wright being projected as a mid round pick and I think this kid is gonna be a star....my kind of LB for sure.....

    @mudfly said:

    Im seeing Scooby Wright being projected as a mid round pick and I think this kid is gonna be a star....my kind of LB for sure.....

    I see he's from Arizona and their 3-3-5 scheme; in the nfl he'd obviously be in a 3-4 or 4-3; in making that transition, in your opinion, how would Scooby Doo?

    Yes, I did that much research for that pathetic a joke.

  • Ha!....thats a long road 😉 .....but to answer your question, I think he'll do fine anywhere....he's a pure football player.....

    Mind numbing stats from 2014(was hurt most of 2015, but returned to play, so should be ok physically.....

    164 tackles.....34 tackles for loss......15 sacks.....against Pac 12 level competition....

    Best game....UCLA.....19 tackles...4.5 for loss.....3 sacks.....

    http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/scooby-wright-1/gamelog/2014/

    Plays like a mad dog in a meat market.....😉

  • So far from what I have seen...

    Busts in order from biggest... only offense as of now...

    • OT Stanley (ND) - a top ten talent? Where?
    • RB Henry (BAMA) - sorry, Ag, but limited ability to adjust path won't mix well with NFL speed/power.
    • WR Miller (OSU) - sorry, homers... just don't see the skill emerging from this Rnd 2/3(?) raw talent.
    • QB Hackenberg (PSU) - expectations aren't that high, but neither is his ceiling.
    • C Ryan Kelly (BAMA) - May not bust, but will disappoint... overrated...
    Steals... many of my "steals" are zooming up the board...
    • OLB Spence (OSU/EKY) - has risen to top 15 on some boards and is still a steal... best edge rusher in the Draft.
    • C/OG Martin (ND) - early Day 2 plug and play future Pro bowler...
    • DT Rankins (Lou) - going to make some team picking Day 2 Day 1 a helluva 3-4 DE... Sr. Bowl fast riser.
    • DT Washington (OSU) - going to make some team picking Day 2 a helluva 3-4 DE
    • RB Williams (ARK) - hard running little big man likely going in the 3rd
    • CB Jackson III (UH) - tall athletic kid I think will click coming out of Rnd 3.
    • CB Burns (KSU) - fast and feisty Day 3 kid who if invited had shot at winning the Combine 40.
    • QB Prescott (MSU) - my darkhorse has to be a steal by definition... with the right team and given time just maybe...
  • Mud-drafttek has Scooby rated at #36 overall.

  • Mud-drafttek has Scooby rated at #36 overall.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Mud-drafttek has Scooby rated at #36 overall.

    Thats sounds more like it....I've seen him all over the place(in games too)....so he doesnt seem to have the universal respect as a lot of the top prospects....though #36 is very believable to me....my guess is that he starts moving up on more boards.....

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Mud-drafttek has Scooby rated at #36 overall.

    Thats sounds more like it....I've seen him all over the place(in games too)....so he doesnt seem to have the universal respect as a lot of the top prospects....though #36 is very believable to me....my guess is that he starts moving up on more boards.....

    @mudfly said:

    Thats sounds more like it....I've seen him all over the place(in games too)....so he doesnt seem to have the universal respect as a lot of the top prospects....though #36 is very believable to me....my guess is that he starts moving up on more boards.....

    Scooby has been my dude for a long while now (not a shameless one-up, just agreeing). He reminds me A LOT of Chris Borland (hopefully minus the retirement thing), a guy who just plays the game correctly and well whenever he's on the field. I've been well known to fall in love with the guys who get the tags of "he does everything good but nothing excellent" because those guys more often than not turn into good football players.

    Man, if we could get our QB, the best available OLB/DE prospect, and Scooby in that order I would be a happy dude.

  • Ha!....thats a long road 😉 .....but to answer your question, I think he'll do fine anywhere....he's a pure football player.....

    Mind numbing stats from 2014(was hurt most of 2015, but returned to play, so should be ok physically.....

    164 tackles.....34 tackles for loss......15 sacks.....against Pac 12 level competition....

    Best game....UCLA.....19 tackles...4.5 for loss.....3 sacks.....

    http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/scooby-wright-1/gamelog/2014/

    Plays like a mad dog in a meat market.....😉

    @mudfly said:

    Ha!....thats a long road 😉 .....but to answer your question, I think he'll do fine anywhere....he's a pure football player.....

    Mind numbing stats from 2014(was hurt most of 2015, but returned to play, so should be ok physically.....

    164 tackles.....34 tackles for loss......15 sacks.....against Pac 12 level competition....

    Best game....UCLA.....19 tackles...4.5 for loss.....3 sacks.....

    http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/scooby-wright-1/gamelog/2014/

    Plays like a mad dog in a meat market..... 😉

    Kuechly--6'3" 240lbs. Scooby-6'1" 246lbs. Kuechly 2nd season as MLB @BC (ACC)- 183 tackles (Scooby 164) 110 solo (Scooby 99) Sacks 2 for -6 yrds. (Scooby 15 for - 71 yrds.) your on to something here in 2nd or 3rd 🙂 Injuries include foot sprain & left knee MRI showed no damage but played only 3 games in 2015 with 23 tackles & 2 more sacks. Well worth a serious medical & off field background check..

  • So far from what I have seen...

    Busts in order from biggest... only offense as of now...

    • OT Stanley (ND) - a top ten talent? Where?
    • RB Henry (BAMA) - sorry, Ag, but limited ability to adjust path won't mix well with NFL speed/power.
    • WR Miller (OSU) - sorry, homers... just don't see the skill emerging from this Rnd 2/3(?) raw talent.
    • QB Hackenberg (PSU) - expectations aren't that high, but neither is his ceiling.
    • C Ryan Kelly (BAMA) - May not bust, but will disappoint... overrated...
    Steals... many of my "steals" are zooming up the board...
    • OLB Spence (OSU/EKY) - has risen to top 15 on some boards and is still a steal... best edge rusher in the Draft.
    • C/OG Martin (ND) - early Day 2 plug and play future Pro bowler...
    • DT Rankins (Lou) - going to make some team picking Day 2 Day 1 a helluva 3-4 DE... Sr. Bowl fast riser.
    • DT Washington (OSU) - going to make some team picking Day 2 a helluva 3-4 DE
    • RB Williams (ARK) - hard running little big man likely going in the 3rd
    • CB Jackson III (UH) - tall athletic kid I think will click coming out of Rnd 3.
    • CB Burns (KSU) - fast and feisty Day 3 kid who if invited had shot at winning the Combine 40.
    • QB Prescott (MSU) - my darkhorse has to be a steal by definition... with the right team and given time just maybe...

    @tour2ma said:

    Steals...

    • RB Williams (ARK) - hard running little big man likely going in the 3rd

    I was just catching up on Williams story... Missed entire 4th year due to a foot injury he suffered in August.

    As a Jr. in 13 games he posted 1190 yds rushing with 5.6 YPC and 12 TDs.

    As a Soph. in 12 games posted 900 and a 6.0.

    Nice blend of power and moves.

    Big week for this kid...

  • How has Spence been off of the field?

  • @tour2ma said:

    Steals...

    • RB Williams (ARK) - hard running little big man likely going in the 3rd

    I was just catching up on Williams story... Missed entire 4th year due to a foot injury he suffered in August.

    As a Jr. in 13 games he posted 1190 yds rushing with 5.6 YPC and 12 TDs.

    As a Soph. in 12 games posted 900 and a 6.0.

    Nice blend of power and moves.

    Big week for this kid...

    @tour2ma said:

    I was just catching up on Williams story... Missed entire 4th year due to a foot injury he suffered in August.

    As a Jr. in 13 games he posted 1190 yds rushing with 5.6 YPC and 12 TDs.

    As a Soph. in 12 games posted 900 and a 6.0.

    Nice blend of power and moves.

    Big week for this kid...

    Big guy who can run? Can he play D?

  • How has Spence been off of the field?

    @mld-woody said:

    How has Spence been off of the field?

    No issues at Eastern KY that I know of...

  • Call me in 2020 in order to make a proper judgment on the question of this thread.

  • So far from what I have seen...

    Busts in order from biggest... only offense as of now...

    • OT Stanley (ND) - a top ten talent? Where?
    • RB Henry (BAMA) - sorry, Ag, but limited ability to adjust path won't mix well with NFL speed/power.
    • WR Miller (OSU) - sorry, homers... just don't see the skill emerging from this Rnd 2/3(?) raw talent.
    • QB Hackenberg (PSU) - expectations aren't that high, but neither is his ceiling.
    • C Ryan Kelly (BAMA) - May not bust, but will disappoint... overrated...
    Steals... many of my "steals" are zooming up the board...
    • OLB Spence (OSU/EKY) - has risen to top 15 on some boards and is still a steal... best edge rusher in the Draft.
    • C/OG Martin (ND) - early Day 2 plug and play future Pro bowler...
    • DT Rankins (Lou) - going to make some team picking Day 2 Day 1 a helluva 3-4 DE... Sr. Bowl fast riser.
    • DT Washington (OSU) - going to make some team picking Day 2 a helluva 3-4 DE
    • RB Williams (ARK) - hard running little big man likely going in the 3rd
    • CB Jackson III (UH) - tall athletic kid I think will click coming out of Rnd 3.
    • CB Burns (KSU) - fast and feisty Day 3 kid who if invited had shot at winning the Combine 40.
    • QB Prescott (MSU) - my darkhorse has to be a steal by definition... with the right team and given time just maybe...

    I agree on Dak.

    @tour2ma said:

    So far from what I have seen...

    Busts in order from biggest... only offense as of now...

    • OT Stanley (ND) - a top ten talent? Where?
    • RB Henry (BAMA) - sorry, Ag, but limited ability to adjust path won't mix well with NFL speed/power.
    • WR Miller (OSU) - sorry, homers... just don't see the skill emerging from this Rnd 2/3(?) raw talent.
    • QB Hackenberg (PSU) - expectations aren't that high, but neither is his ceiling.
    • C Ryan Kelly (BAMA) - May not bust, but will disappoint... overrated...
    Steals... many of my "steals" are zooming up the board...
    • OLB Spence (OSU/EKY) - has risen to top 15 on some boards and is still a steal... best edge rusher in the Draft.
    • C/OG Martin (ND) - early Day 2 plug and play future Pro bowler...
    • DT Rankins (Lou) - going to make some team picking Day 2 Day 1 a helluva 3-4 DE... Sr. Bowl fast riser.
    • DT Washington (OSU) - going to make some team picking Day 2 a helluva 3-4 DE
    • RB Williams (ARK) - hard running little big man likely going in the 3rd
    • CB Jackson III (UH) - tall athletic kid I think will click coming out of Rnd 3.
    • CB Burns (KSU) - fast and feisty Day 3 kid who if invited had shot at winning the Combine 40.
    • QB Prescott (MSU) - my darkhorse has to be a steal by definition... with the right team and given time just maybe...

    I agree on Dak. I think he will be a very good pro QB. He is a leader, sees the field, has a good arm, and can hurt a team with his legs. I have a feeling he is going to be legit. Mississippi St has never been at the top of the SEC. In terms of a Big 10 team, they might be like Indiana as far as league history. When he took over Miss. St. started to win and were ranked high. I don't mean win on any given day. I mean they could beat anybody in a legit way.