Skip to content

Security or Privacy?

Political Discussion
47 12 994
  • @erie-dawg said:

    Am I the only one who can see a small correlation between this and the 2nd amendment?

    Maybe - explain?

    @gftchris said:

    Maybe - explain?

    It seems that our freedoms are getting reduced seemingly daily. Sorta like felling a tree with an ax. Start off with a tiny hack into a phone, no big deal right? The people relax for a bit and then another swing another small chip comes off.
  • Apple has the right thought, however if they refuse to play ball and the fbi develops their own method for cracking the devices thered going to be a lot more privacy issues

  • He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security"

  • The problem is that the government already has world class hackers working for them and if you think they're not already working behind the scenes on this technology you're crazy

  • Better to do it above board. With apole at least you could feel pretty sure they'd do it with some conscience.

  • Better to do it above board. With apole at least you could feel pretty sure they'd do it with some conscience.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Better to do it above board. With apole at least you could feel pretty sure they'd do it with some conscience.

    Ha.

    I doubt they give a damn if Cal is screwing a groundhog with AIDS in front of his Satanist cult meeting. Unless they can use that info to sell him some stuff. Some of these guys and their privacy make me laugh especially when they give every detail of their stupid fucking lives to Facebook at amazon.com.

    ๐Ÿ™‚

    WSS

  • Maybe apple could install a firmware that disables the passcode delay and phone wiping after X tries - I'm not sure how it's programmed but if it's in the firmware then they could do that which would let the FBI brute force it.

    I imagine there's no special firmware that would just let you get through it - I'm imagining the pass code set by the user probably acts as a private key (at least I believe on android it does). They have to figure out the pass code regardless, and they can't brute force it because after you try too many times it wipes the phone.

    That's my guess anyway, but if apple could install a firmware like that then there'd still be the problem of the FBI taking everybody's phone to apple to do that. There's only like 10,000 possible combinations I imagine a brute force would work pretty quickly.

    If you can just get through encrypted data without the private key then the encryption algorithm is worthless.

  • I just put a hex on your guitar and microphone, turkeylips.

    groundhog... ??? ๐Ÿ˜ก

  • I just put a hex on your guitar and microphone, turkeylips.

    groundhog... ??? ๐Ÿ˜ก

    @calfoxwc said:

    I just put a hex on your guitar and microphone, turkeylips.

    groundhog... ??? ๐Ÿ˜ก

    Wait wait wait. I don't for a minute think that you would have sex with a groundhog just saying that if you did Apple wouldn't care.

    ๐Ÿ˜‰

    WSS

  • Just stay with the old flip phone.....that's my creed. Facebook is for females anyway.

  • Just stay with the old flip phone.....that's my creed. Facebook is for females anyway.

    "One said:

    Just stay with the old flip phone.....that's my creed. Facebook is for females anyway.

    Like Caitlin Jenner says if you don't think I'm a real woman you can suck my dick.

    WSS

  • "One said:

    Just stay with the old flip phone.....that's my creed. Facebook is for females anyway.

    Like Caitlin Jenner says if you don't think I'm a real woman you can suck my dick.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Like Caitlin Jenner says if you don't think I'm a real woman you can suck my dick.

    WSS

    No thanks that's a job for Steeler fans.
  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    Better to do it above board. With apole at least you could feel pretty sure they'd do it with some conscience.

    Ha.

    I doubt they give a damn if Cal is screwing a groundhog with AIDS in front of his Satanist cult meeting. Unless they can use that info to sell him some stuff. Some of these guys and their privacy make me laugh especially when they give every detail of their stupid fucking lives to Facebook at amazon.com.

    ๐Ÿ™‚

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Ha.

    I doubt they give a damn if Cal is screwing a groundhog with AIDS in front of his Satanist cult meeting...

    Wow. I wonder how many more weeks of winter that means...

  • @calfoxwc said:

    wait, I think it's a false choice.

    terrorists/legit connections-suspects should have zero privacy.

    Every other American must have privacy.

    Seems sensible - but if I recall correctly you were not particularly pleased with people being put on the terrorist watch list, no? So who determines if someone is worthy of watching?

    This is a tough call. Once a key is brought into existence, then the encryption is compromised... and intrusion by our government will be the least of our (or at least my) worries.

    @gftchris said:

    So who determines if someone is worthy of watching?

    Combination of visas and Ouija Board results...

    One Post From the Truth said:

    Just stay with the old flip phone...

    lol... I resemble that remark. Still rocking my old LG flippy...

  • @westside-steve said:

    Ha.

    I doubt they give a damn if Cal is screwing a groundhog with AIDS in front of his Satanist cult meeting...

    Wow. I wonder how many more weeks of winter that means...

    @jbluhm86 said:

    Wow. I wonder how many more weeks of winter that means...

    4 yrs unless it's two terms then it's 8.
  • I hope the two aren't mutually exclusive.

  • I can picture it now: Cal gently petting that groundhog while softly whispering reassurances to it that "winter is, indeed, coming".

    ๐Ÿ™‚

  • Now, I my plan is to definately get Jblue and Steve out to our farm for

    a day of groundhog skeet......

  • My friend I'll enjoy the visit and bring some diet frostie, but will have no part have any cruelty to groundhogs.

    WSS

  • Now, I my plan is to definately get Jblue and Steve out to our farm for

    a day of groundhog skeet......

    @calfoxwc said:

    Now, I my plan is to definately get Jblue and Steve out to our farm for

    a day of groundhog skeet......

    Is that groundhog "skeet skeet skeet skeet"?