Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Jim Brown Statue

Jim Brown Statue

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
36 Posts 17 Posters 1.6k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • flyingfooldoug flyingfooldougF One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 4k Posts
    • 728 Reputation
    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #1

    It is long overdue but the Browns are erecting a statue to Jim Brown at the stadium this year. With his NFL record, all I can say is GREAT!

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • miktoxic miktoxicM
      • 13k Posts
      • 1k Reputation
      miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
      #2

      sorta like the OJ statue in his own front yard in the opening episode of cali v. oj simpson?

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • BaconHound B One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 5k Posts
        • 306 Reputation
        B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Quite possibly the greatest football player ever and OG domestic violence scumbag, Browns erect statue, sounds about right.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • flyingfooldoug flyingfooldougF One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 4k Posts
          • 728 Reputation
          flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
          #4

          I thought he paid his debt to society. He also beat up a car and paid for that. Assholes!

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Osiris OsirisO Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 2k Posts
            • 125 Reputation
            OsirisO Osiris wrote on last edited by
            #5

            I'm fine with a Jim Brown statue. They ought to be putting up a Paul Brown statue first, though.

            "I said, 'I need someone who's going to want to get on the roller coaster with me knowing that it's not always going to be fun,'" -Paul DePodesta
            gftChrisG Tour2maT 2 Replies Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • OsirisO Osiris

              I'm fine with a Jim Brown statue. They ought to be putting up a Paul Brown statue first, though.

              gftChris gftChrisG
              • 13k Posts
              • 428 Reputation
              gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @osiris said:

              I'm fine with a Jim Brown statue. They ought to be putting up a Paul Brown statue first, though.

              And an art modell effigy, once per year.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • OsirisO Osiris

                I'm fine with a Jim Brown statue. They ought to be putting up a Paul Brown statue first, though.

                Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                • 30k Posts
                • 6k Reputation
                Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @osiris said:

                They ought to be putting up a Paul Brown statue first, though.

                Not after the way Paul moved the Browns to Cincinnati!

                "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Browns_Fucking_Rule Browns_Fucking_RuleB
                  • 127 Posts
                  • 9 Reputation
                  Browns_Fucking_RuleB Browns_Fucking_Rule wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  I like that they are putting this statue up for Jim... I think its the right thing to do. I also agree with putting a Paul Brown statue up. Every year this comes up and it wont go away unit its done.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • gumby73 gumby73G Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 11k Posts
                    • 4k Reputation
                    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    Jim Brown. The guy that is still ranked like 9th in rushing yards in like 50 years of the NFL? Enough said.. Get him a island too..

                    Browns & Buffett: Got to go fishin, Down to rock bottom again, with just a few Friends Team Brotherhood-"It's not about You,Me or I. It's about building We"..Hue Jackson
                    MudflyM 1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • gumby73G gumby73

                      Jim Brown. The guy that is still ranked like 9th in rushing yards in like 50 years of the NFL? Enough said.. Get him a island too..

                      Mudfly MudflyM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 7k Posts
                      • 1k Reputation
                      MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @gumby73 said:

                      Jim Brown. The guy that is still ranked like 9th in rushing yards in like 50 years of the NFL? Enough said.. Get him a island too..

                      And still the only player to average over 100 ypg....ever.....

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • jrb12711 jrb12711J Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 5k Posts
                        • 1k Reputation
                        jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        I'm just not sure I can get past what Jim Brown did in his past. I get a lot of charges were dismissed, but that's the same as saying Bill Cosby never assaulted women because he was never convicted. We rip Ray Rice and Big Ben for actions they weren't charged for but Jim Brown gets a pass and that's just dumb. To go to the level of putting up a statue is really dubious to me and something that just doesn't need to be done.

                        DieHardBrownsFanD flyingfooldougF 2 Replies Last reply
                        👍
                        Quote Reply
                        • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                          • 64k Posts
                          • 8k Reputation
                          C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          I'd donate to build a statue of LEROY KELLY.

                          and I'd donate to tear down a statue of domestic/racial bigotry of the past.

                          Never believed in Jim Brown as a human being off the field.

                          Too bad this bs ignores how excellent Leroy Kelly is

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • jrb12711J jrb12711

                            I'm just not sure I can get past what Jim Brown did in his past. I get a lot of charges were dismissed, but that's the same as saying Bill Cosby never assaulted women because he was never convicted. We rip Ray Rice and Big Ben for actions they weren't charged for but Jim Brown gets a pass and that's just dumb. To go to the level of putting up a statue is really dubious to me and something that just doesn't need to be done.

                            DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                            • 28k Posts
                            • 6k Reputation
                            DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @jrb12711 said:

                            I'm just not sure I can get past what Jim Brown did in his past. I get a lot of charges were dismissed, but that's the same as saying Bill Cosby never assaulted women because he was never convicted. We rip Ray Rice and Big Ben for actions they weren't charged for but Jim Brown gets a pass and that's just dumb. To go to the level of putting up a statue is really dubious to me and something that just doesn't need to be done.

                            30 year old 'memories' I don't buy.

                            "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • Zombo Z
                              • 8k Posts
                              • 0 Reputation
                              Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              Get a set, people, Washington and Jefferson had slaves and they have National Monuments.

                              This guy is the the greatest FOOTBALL PLAYER of all time, he's done bad things, he's done good things, but he's a once in a lifetime talent and he's ours.

                              Babe Ruth

                              Jim Brown

                              Michael Jordan

                              Wayne Gretzky

                              There is only four of them. And the one that played the most popular sport in the USA was ours.

                              He threw a model off a balcony ... alledgedly ..

                              And it was a one-story balcony. Who hasn't done that?

                              Some windshields were broken, some charges never stuck, and lots of kids grew up in a better environment thanks to Jim Brown.

                              Whatever. He's Babe Ruth.

                              New York slobbers all over his hot dog eating, fat ass, sexist, pure white records.

                              Cleveland wants to apologize because Brown misbehaved 50 years ago. Grow up. No one can stop him, no one ever could, cant wait to get my picture taken in front of the statue.

                              Z

                              The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • jrb12711J jrb12711

                                I'm just not sure I can get past what Jim Brown did in his past. I get a lot of charges were dismissed, but that's the same as saying Bill Cosby never assaulted women because he was never convicted. We rip Ray Rice and Big Ben for actions they weren't charged for but Jim Brown gets a pass and that's just dumb. To go to the level of putting up a statue is really dubious to me and something that just doesn't need to be done.

                                flyingfooldoug flyingfooldougF One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 4k Posts
                                • 728 Reputation
                                flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @jrb12711 said:

                                I'm just not sure I can get past what Jim Brown did in his past. I get a lot of charges were dismissed, but that's the same as saying Bill Cosby never assaulted women because he was never convicted. We rip Ray Rice and Big Ben for actions they weren't charged for but Jim Brown gets a pass and that's just dumb. To go to the level of putting up a statue is really dubious to me and something that just doesn't need to be done.

                                When you try to judge yesteryears events according to today's moral values...it don't work. Dames used to get slapped in the movies all the time and it WAS accepted in the community. Not today tho. And to add too Zs post. Read about Ty Cobb and then get self righteous.

                                jrb12711J 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug

                                  @jrb12711 said:

                                  I'm just not sure I can get past what Jim Brown did in his past. I get a lot of charges were dismissed, but that's the same as saying Bill Cosby never assaulted women because he was never convicted. We rip Ray Rice and Big Ben for actions they weren't charged for but Jim Brown gets a pass and that's just dumb. To go to the level of putting up a statue is really dubious to me and something that just doesn't need to be done.

                                  When you try to judge yesteryears events according to today's moral values...it don't work. Dames used to get slapped in the movies all the time and it WAS accepted in the community. Not today tho. And to add too Zs post. Read about Ty Cobb and then get self righteous.

                                  jrb12711 jrb12711J Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                  • 5k Posts
                                  • 1k Reputation
                                  jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @flyingfooldoug said:

                                  When you try to judge yesteryears events according to today's moral values...it don't work. Dames used to get slapped in the movies all the time and it WAS accepted in the community. Not today tho. And to add too Zs post. Read about Ty Cobb and then get self righteous.

                                  You are literally justifying a man beating up a woman because he played football well, both of you are. We joke and have a good time around here but that's honestly just deplorable. If it's being self-righteous to not support a woman-beater, than call me a self-righteous asshole I suppose. Time doesn't make that okay.

                                  B 1 Reply Last reply
                                  👍
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                                    • 64k Posts
                                    • 8k Reputation
                                    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    I'm not saying Jim Brown is a dirtbag now. But his past

                                    is just that, and I'll never respect him as much as Leroy Kelly.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • flyingfooldoug flyingfooldougF One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                      • 4k Posts
                                      • 728 Reputation
                                      flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      I don't justify what he did. The era does tho. History! learn it, love it, live it.

                                      jrb12711J 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug

                                        I don't justify what he did. The era does tho. History! learn it, love it, live it.

                                        jrb12711 jrb12711J Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                        • 5k Posts
                                        • 1k Reputation
                                        jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @flyingfooldoug said:

                                        I don't justify what he did. The era does tho. History! learn it, love it, live it.

                                        No, it doesn't. Maybe where ever the fuck you're from it was okay to hit women, but where I was raised in Ohio it sure as shit wasn't. In fact, my grandfather told me at 84 years old that if I ever laid a wrong hand on my wife he'd personally beat the crap out of me. He has a story about a neighbor who was a wife beater who was in a coma after the neighborhood took care of it. It was never "historically okay" to beat defenseless women, so saying it's part of Jim Brown's era as an excuse is honestly just sobering that people see it that way.

                                        flyingfooldougF 1 Reply Last reply
                                        👍
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • jrb12711J jrb12711

                                          @flyingfooldoug said:

                                          I don't justify what he did. The era does tho. History! learn it, love it, live it.

                                          No, it doesn't. Maybe where ever the fuck you're from it was okay to hit women, but where I was raised in Ohio it sure as shit wasn't. In fact, my grandfather told me at 84 years old that if I ever laid a wrong hand on my wife he'd personally beat the crap out of me. He has a story about a neighbor who was a wife beater who was in a coma after the neighborhood took care of it. It was never "historically okay" to beat defenseless women, so saying it's part of Jim Brown's era as an excuse is honestly just sobering that people see it that way.

                                          flyingfooldoug flyingfooldougF One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                          • 4k Posts
                                          • 728 Reputation
                                          flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @jrb12711 said:

                                          No, it doesn't. Maybe where ever the fuck you're from it was okay to hit women, but where I was raised in Ohio it sure as shit wasn't. In fact, my grandfather told me at 84 years old that if I ever laid a wrong hand on my wife he'd personally beat the crap out of me. He has a story about a neighbor who was a wife beater who was in a coma after the neighborhood took care of it. It was never "historically okay" to beat defenseless women, so saying it's part of Jim Brown's era as an excuse is honestly just sobering that people see it that way.

                                          Nope it wasn't alright then. You're right about that. That is why he was investigated and charged. And he atoned acording to those times. Now to repunish him is whats called double jeopardy. He didn't kill and did his time.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate