Skip to content

Abortion Laws

Political Discussion
66 12 1.7k
  • The primary purpose of the laws that exist is to shame women into backing out of an abortion. The closure of clinics is shameful, and in blatant disregard for the majority opinions of medical professionals.

  • I like John Oliver but unfortunately like John Stewart while the message is correct it has ZERO chance of penetrating the bubble. This forum is a great indicator of what our society has become. The outspoken minority screams at the top of their lungs how liberalism and socialism are destroying this country while the power brokers do just enough moralizing to keep the middle/lower class, religious, voter happy.

  • The democrats mantra about abortion used to be safe, legal and rare but that has devolved into abortion at any time for any reason.

  • The democrats mantra about abortion used to be safe, legal and rare but that has devolved into abortion at any time for any reason.

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    The democrats mantra about abortion used to be safe, legal and rare but that has devolved into abortion at any time for any reason.

    I don't think you watched the video.

  • I don't think you are being serious about the dem's matra.

    Obamao has always favored total complete any time abortion, including pba.

    and many dems are.

  • Just saying Cal the democrats public statements had been for years that abortion should be safe, legal and rare but it has devolved now into what they wanted all along abortions at any time for any reason.

    Democrats Push Envelope on Abortion, Drop Insistence That It Be Rare

    Democrats voiced their unequivocal support for abortion rights at the party’s convention in Charlotte, a sharp departure from two decades of modulating their views on the issue with the phrase “safe, legal, and rare.”

    The word “rare” was sliced out of the party platform as Democrats embraced “safe and legal” abortion as an integral part of women’s health..

    http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/09/15/democrats-push-envelope-on-abortion-drop-insistence-that-it-be-rare.html

  • Thanks for proving my point fellas

  • @oldbrownsfan said:

    The democrats mantra about abortion used to be safe, legal and rare but that has devolved into abortion at any time for any reason.

    I don't think you watched the video.

    @baconhound said:

    I don't think you watched the video.

    Of course he didn't, John Oliver told him not to

  • I don't think you are being serious about the dem's matra.

    Obamao has always favored total complete any time abortion, including pba.

    and many dems are.

    @calfoxwc said:

    I don't think you are being serious about the dem's matra.

    Obamao has always favored total complete any time abortion, including pba.

    and many dems are.

    Prove this?

  • @calfoxwc said:

    I don't think you are being serious about the dem's matra.

    Obamao has always favored total complete any time abortion, including pba.

    and many dems are.

    Prove this?

    @mld-woody said:

    Prove this?

    Stop being so emotional and resorting to facts when cal's only trying to bring level headed outrage.

  • I think there is a whole lot of evidence to make the claim that Obama is the most pro abortion president we have ever had. I don't want to get into dueling google searches but just a quick google search on Obama being the most pro abortion president brings up huge amounts of articles to support that claim.

  • unbelievable that birthing centers aren't required to have hospital admitting privileges. Off the top of my head I know a lot of people that have had potentially serious health issues regarding the pregnancy. Giving birth is far more dangerous for a woman than an abortion unless it's a very late term abortion

  • unbelievable that birthing centers aren't required to have hospital admitting privileges. Off the top of my head I know a lot of people that have had potentially serious health issues regarding the pregnancy. Giving birth is far more dangerous for a woman than an abortion unless it's a very late term abortion

    @clevfan4life said:

    unbelievable that birthing centers aren't required to have hospital admitting privileges. Off the top of my head I know a lot of people that have had potentially serious health issues regarding the pregnancy. Giving birth is far more dangerous for a woman than an abortion unless it's a very late term abortion

    Well it's a lot riskier if you are the baby...

    😮

    WSS

  • unbelievable that birthing centers aren't required to have hospital admitting privileges. Off the top of my head I know a lot of people that have had potentially serious health issues regarding the pregnancy. Giving birth is far more dangerous for a woman than an abortion unless it's a very late term abortion

    @clevfan4life said:

    unbelievable that birthing centers aren't required to have hospital admitting privileges. Off the top of my head I know a lot of people that have had potentially serious health issues regarding the pregnancy. Giving birth is far more dangerous for a woman than an abortion unless it's a very late term abortion

    Well, women have been giving birth since the beginning.

  • they've also been having abortions too for a very long time, we don't need to discuss those details. In any case, if something goes wrong...which it often does...why on earth would you not want birthing centers to have admitting rights? And you realize that if something goes wrong with the mother the baby usually doesn't make it, right?

  • or it comes out hideously deformed.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    unbelievable that birthing centers aren't required to have hospital admitting privileges. Off the top of my head I know a lot of people that have had potentially serious health issues regarding the pregnancy. Giving birth is far more dangerous for a woman than an abortion unless it's a very late term abortion

    Well, women have been giving birth since the beginning.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Well, women have been giving birth since the beginning.

    And until relatively recently had a good chance of dying in the process.

  • but that was ok, they're just baby chattle anyway.