Skip to content

Can Bosa actually play OLB'er?

The Browns Board
164 26 6.3k
  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by

    I'm happy with what we have at DL though, i'm not thinking that's as big a need as our edges. Our edges are horrible. If I have to watch Kruger, Mingo and Soloman get their pads turned by TE's next year and Bosa is off somewhere being rated as one of the highest rookie run stoppers in the game like Mack was....i'm not kidding i'm taking some off from football. I won't fan for any other team but i'll take a break from the game overall till Cleveland figures out how to stop the run. Cant watch it anymore. Can't watch little turds run for 150 and jump in our stands. Won't be part of that anymore.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    Watched more tape on Bosa this week. I'm a believer. Much better than Buckner. If we get Osweiler and Bosa (provided Hue really believes in the former), I'll be very happy. Of course, that's assuming he can be a fit with Horton, which the jury is still out on, as Mudfly states.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc

    there is no way to figure that Bosa could be any kind of dramatic impact player

    for the Browns.

    Even if he's better than Kruger, that isn't any dramatic impact, and that impact is

    what I expect from a first round draft pick.

    It's qb. No freakin way Bosa.

    Here's part of the why:

    Ogbah is #1 in production. The difference in skill level between Bosa and Ogbah

    is insignificant compared to the huge difference in skill level between Goff/Wentz... and the

    rest of the qb's.

    You let Ogbah, for instance, fall past Caroline, and into the pick at 32.

    http://www.catscratchreader.com/2016/2/29/11130962/2016-nfl-draft-potential-panther-emmanuel-ogbah

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    I like Ogbah, but he simply doesn't play against anyone. Cody Whitehair and Spencer Drango, that's about it. And that evaluation is contingent on them lining up on the same side. I'd be ok with taking him, but I don't think he's as good as Bosa.

    I'm surprised no one has mentioned Jonathan Bullard out of Florida. He was the best interior DL in the SEC last year.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by

    If Bosa's half as good a run defender in his 1st year in the NFL as he was in college, bet your ahole he'll make an impact. I don't think people really understand that this kid isn't just a pass rusher. I wouldn't be that high on him if he wasn't good against the run. Good god imagine a defensive front with Bosa and Johnson/Long/Wiliams as the edges.

    I also just realized that we could have Long, Johnson as our DE's. Get it?

  • J joedawg69 wrote on last edited by

    I don't care what position we pick so long as we stop reaching and go for the BPA. I do agree that Bosa is a reach at 2 although I do feel that there may be some other prospects that would not be a reach at 2 like at OT, DT, QB but most the others are trade backs to a later spot in the first round if possible. If we just build our team with the best players possible we should be alright.

  • I don't care what position we pick so long as we stop reaching and go for the BPA. I do agree that Bosa is a reach at 2 although I do feel that there may be some other prospects that would not be a reach at 2 like at OT, DT, QB but most the others are trade backs to a later spot in the first round if possible. If we just build our team with the best players possible we should be alright.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @joedawg69 said:

    I don't care what position we pick so long as we stop reaching and go for the BPA. I do agree that Bosa is a reach at 2 although I do feel that there may be some other prospects that would not be a reach at 2 like at OT, DT, QB but most the others are trade backs to a later spot in the first round if possible. If we just build our team with the best players possible we should be alright.

    Why would he be a reach at #2 when many if not most evaluations put him as the #1 available talent in the draft? I documented this elsewhere.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    all of those defensive players will be gone by 32 sooooo. And Bosa is the best one of them. I would have been happy with Smith though too cause we are desperately in need of a stud LB'er as we are in need of an edge rusher/protector.

    I agree that our Defensive position(s) of greatest need will be gone by 32, but there will still be high quality D available.

    Personally I am hoping for Rankings... a DT that looks like an impact 3-4 DE to me.

    R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by RoyceRolls

    @tour2ma said:

    I agree that our Defensive position(s) of greatest need will be gone by 32, but there will still be high quality D available.

    Personally I am hoping for Rankings... a DT that looks like an impact 3-4 DE to me.

    #2 Jared Goff

    #32 Sheldon Rankins

    that'd be just about perfect for the first-ish round. I don't see Rankins lasting until 32, but it would be titties.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    Sorry, but the way I see it, Bosa is very good, but also very overrated.

    The hype that he compares to J.J. Watt is nonsense.

    Here's one article about Bosa's weaknesses:

    http://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/nfl/2016/2/25/11059596/2016-nfl-draft-profile-joey-bosa-ohio-state-defensive-end-breakdown#fpstate=amp_viewer

  • stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by

    thank you cali

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by

    i'm gonna let this new FO give it a shot. i'm tired of falling in love with some of these rookies with all the claims of greatness just to see them shit the bed.

    and the bosa love from clevfan4life is teetering on a PoG stalker level, code red.

    geez......

  • @brownsnmopar said:

    Ok...just to play the devils advocate game....with the #2 pick in the 2016 NFL draft the Cleveland Browns select DE Joey Bosa....now how does the Bosa pick dictate the rest of our draft...I really want opinions...thanks for playing!!! GO BROWNS

    If that happens, then it would be apparent that the new regime firmly believes in BPA, so it would be impossible to predict the other picks. I'm sure a QB would be a pick somewhere, but who knows when that would be.

    R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by

    @d-bone said:

    If that happens, then it would be apparent that the new regime firmly believes in BPA, so it would be impossible to predict the other picks. I'm sure a QB would be a pick somewhere, but who knows when that would be.

    if the Browns traded down to 6 and drafted Joey Bosa it would be apparent that the new regime firmly believes in BPA.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    but it isn't "bpa".... it's clearly, in Hue's own words... "bpafb".....

    "best player available for the Browns"

  • but it isn't "bpa".... it's clearly, in Hue's own words... "bpafb".....

    "best player available for the Browns"

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    but it isn't "bpa".... it's clearly, in Hue's own words... "bpafb".....

    "best player available for the Browns"

    That's EXACTLY what Hue said, "The best available player for the Browns"...To me, that doesn't necessarily mean bpa as rated by others.

    I look for QB at #2.

    Mike

  • Sorry, but the way I see it, Bosa is very good, but also very overrated.

    The hype that he compares to J.J. Watt is nonsense.

    Here's one article about Bosa's weaknesses:

    http://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/nfl/2016/2/25/11059596/2016-nfl-draft-profile-joey-bosa-ohio-state-defensive-end-breakdown#fpstate=amp_viewer

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    Sorry, but the way I see it, Bosa is very good, but also very overrated.

    The hype that he compares to J.J. Watt is nonsense.

    Here's one article about Bosa's weaknesses:

    http://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/nfl/2016/2/25/11059596/2016-nfl-draft-profile-joey-bosa-ohio-state-defensive-end-breakdown#fpstate=amp_viewer

    Again....you know more than all the professional talent evaluators combined?

    Whether or not he should be compared to Watt is one thing.....but he is rated the #1 best player in this draft by a vast majority (or a vast plurality) of scouts.

  • but it isn't "bpa".... it's clearly, in Hue's own words... "bpafb".....

    "best player available for the Browns"

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    but it isn't "bpa".... it's clearly, in Hue's own words... "bpafb".....

    "best player available for the Browns"

    Fair enough....and that is why I say that you can't go by mock drafts to determine who may be the best player available. A team could be so desperate for a player at one position that they will overreach for a player to fill that position....and not get the best player they could have gotten. This may be where the Browns are at QB. You only hope that by passing up the bpa.....that the bpa for your team is not the bbpa. Biggest bust player available.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Sorry, but the way I see it, Bosa is very good, but also very overrated.

    The hype that he compares to J.J. Watt is nonsense.

    Here's one article about Bosa's weaknesses:

    http://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/nfl/2016/2/25/11059596/2016-nfl-draft-profile-joey-bosa-ohio-state-defensive-end-breakdown#fpstate=amp_viewer

    Again....you know more than all the professional talent evaluators combined?

    Whether or not he should be compared to Watt is one thing.....but he is rated the #1 best player in this draft by a vast majority (or a vast plurality) of scouts.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Again....you know more than all the professional talent evaluators combined?

    Whether or not he should be compared to Watt is one thing.....but he is rated the #1 best player in this draft by a vast majority (or a vast plurality) of scouts.

    If this was ever right, which is debatable (but has already been debated ad nauseum), the Combine has changed things.

  • i'm gonna let this new FO give it a shot. i'm tired of falling in love with some of these rookies with all the claims of greatness just to see them shit the bed.

    and the bosa love from clevfan4life is teetering on a PoG stalker level, code red.

    geez......

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by

    @miktoxic said:

    i'm gonna let this new FO give it a shot. i'm tired of falling in love with some of these rookies with all the claims of greatness just to see them shit the bed.

    and the bosa love from clevfan4life is teetering on a PoG stalker level, code red.

    geez......

    How many times have I said that there was a group of 3 or 4 players, obviously including Bosa, that I want at that #2 pick instead of a QB that we're gonna cut in two years? Jesus titty fucking Christ. I'm on record as stating I wouldn't mind Tunsil. I'm on record sayng that if we signed Williams, Long or Johnson we can look at other options with that first pick instead of D line. Obviously I think Bosa's the best player I the draft, I think that's not up for discussion. His run defense fundamentals are unmatched in anybody I've seen come out of college in my lifetime. His edge play, to me, is exactly how the Panthers DE's play...so yeah obviously i'm very high on him. But we also need a captain LB'er. Would have been fine with Jaylyn before he got hurt. We just need to stop the run "RIGHT FUCKING NOW". It doesn't matter who our QB is if scrub nobs are routinely running for 150 yds and jumping in our stands. This is unacceptable not just from a game standpoint, but to the whole fucking franchise. Cleveland becomes known as the place you can jump in their stands and they'll help you down so you don't tweak a knee or nothin.

    Fuck try that in Cincy, see what Vontaze does. He might not start a fight right then and there, but he actually might.....but for sure you don't wanna be anywhere near him in the next pile cause you're gonna get bad touched under there. We need to build that in Cleveland "right fucking now" I don't care how we do it or who we do it with.

    Am I clear now?

  • @the-gipper said:

    Again....you know more than all the professional talent evaluators combined?

    Whether or not he should be compared to Watt is one thing.....but he is rated the #1 best player in this draft by a vast majority (or a vast plurality) of scouts.

    If this was ever right, which is debatable (but has already been debated ad nauseum), the Combine has changed things.

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    If this was ever right, which is debatable (but has already been debated ad nauseum), the Combine has changed things.

    but Bosa had a great combine. In fact the headlines were that he did everything they thought he would do and solidified his projection as #1 BPA. In fact he did something I wasn't expecting, which was nail the cover drills. Hence why I changed my opinion about whether he can play OLB'er in a 3-4. He can....strong side. Just like how Belichick used Vrabel and now Ninkovich in his 3-4. Good god if Bosa went to NE Belichick would make him one of the greatest players to ever play the game I suspect.

  • @miktoxic said:

    i'm gonna let this new FO give it a shot. i'm tired of falling in love with some of these rookies with all the claims of greatness just to see them shit the bed.

    and the bosa love from clevfan4life is teetering on a PoG stalker level, code red.

    geez......

    How many times have I said that there was a group of 3 or 4 players, obviously including Bosa, that I want at that #2 pick instead of a QB that we're gonna cut in two years? Jesus titty fucking Christ. I'm on record as stating I wouldn't mind Tunsil. I'm on record sayng that if we signed Williams, Long or Johnson we can look at other options with that first pick instead of D line. Obviously I think Bosa's the best player I the draft, I think that's not up for discussion. His run defense fundamentals are unmatched in anybody I've seen come out of college in my lifetime. His edge play, to me, is exactly how the Panthers DE's play...so yeah obviously i'm very high on him. But we also need a captain LB'er. Would have been fine with Jaylyn before he got hurt. We just need to stop the run "RIGHT FUCKING NOW". It doesn't matter who our QB is if scrub nobs are routinely running for 150 yds and jumping in our stands. This is unacceptable not just from a game standpoint, but to the whole fucking franchise. Cleveland becomes known as the place you can jump in their stands and they'll help you down so you don't tweak a knee or nothin.

    Fuck try that in Cincy, see what Vontaze does. He might not start a fight right then and there, but he actually might.....but for sure you don't wanna be anywhere near him in the next pile cause you're gonna get bad touched under there. We need to build that in Cleveland "right fucking now" I don't care how we do it or who we do it with.

    Am I clear now?

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma

    @clevfan4life said:

    Am I clear now?

    Crystal...

    Just one more question... if Pvt. Santiago was scheduled to leave on the first flight out of GITMO, why wasn't he packed?