Can Bosa actually play OLB'er?
-
If Bosa's half as good a run defender in his 1st year in the NFL as he was in college, bet your ahole he'll make an impact. I don't think people really understand that this kid isn't just a pass rusher. I wouldn't be that high on him if he wasn't good against the run. Good god imagine a defensive front with Bosa and Johnson/Long/Wiliams as the edges.
I also just realized that we could have Long, Johnson as our DE's. Get it?
-
I don't care what position we pick so long as we stop reaching and go for the BPA. I do agree that Bosa is a reach at 2 although I do feel that there may be some other prospects that would not be a reach at 2 like at OT, DT, QB but most the others are trade backs to a later spot in the first round if possible. If we just build our team with the best players possible we should be alright.
-
I don't care what position we pick so long as we stop reaching and go for the BPA. I do agree that Bosa is a reach at 2 although I do feel that there may be some other prospects that would not be a reach at 2 like at OT, DT, QB but most the others are trade backs to a later spot in the first round if possible. If we just build our team with the best players possible we should be alright.
I don't care what position we pick so long as we stop reaching and go for the BPA. I do agree that Bosa is a reach at 2 although I do feel that there may be some other prospects that would not be a reach at 2 like at OT, DT, QB but most the others are trade backs to a later spot in the first round if possible. If we just build our team with the best players possible we should be alright.
Why would he be a reach at #2 when many if not most evaluations put him as the #1 available talent in the draft? I documented this elsewhere.
-
all of those defensive players will be gone by 32 sooooo. And Bosa is the best one of them. I would have been happy with Smith though too cause we are desperately in need of a stud LB'er as we are in need of an edge rusher/protector.
I agree that our Defensive position(s) of greatest need will be gone by 32, but there will still be high quality D available.
Personally I am hoping for Rankings... a DT that looks like an impact 3-4 DE to me.
#2 Jared GoffI agree that our Defensive position(s) of greatest need will be gone by 32, but there will still be high quality D available.
Personally I am hoping for Rankings... a DT that looks like an impact 3-4 DE to me.
#32 Sheldon Rankins
that'd be just about perfect for the first-ish round. I don't see Rankins lasting until 32, but it would be titties.
-
Sorry, but the way I see it, Bosa is very good, but also very overrated.
The hype that he compares to J.J. Watt is nonsense.
Here's one article about Bosa's weaknesses:
-
thank you cali
-
i'm gonna let this new FO give it a shot. i'm tired of falling in love with some of these rookies with all the claims of greatness just to see them shit the bed.
and the bosa love from clevfan4life is teetering on a PoG stalker level, code red.
geez......
-
Ok...just to play the devils advocate game....with the #2 pick in the 2016 NFL draft the Cleveland Browns select DE Joey Bosa....now how does the Bosa pick dictate the rest of our draft...I really want opinions...thanks for playing!!! GO BROWNS
If that happens, then it would be apparent that the new regime firmly believes in BPA, so it would be impossible to predict the other picks. I'm sure a QB would be a pick somewhere, but who knows when that would be.
If that happens, then it would be apparent that the new regime firmly believes in BPA, so it would be impossible to predict the other picks. I'm sure a QB would be a pick somewhere, but who knows when that would be.
if the Browns traded down to 6 and drafted Joey Bosa it would be apparent that the new regime firmly believes in BPA.
-
but it isn't "bpa".... it's clearly, in Hue's own words... "bpafb".....
"best player available for the Browns"
-
but it isn't "bpa".... it's clearly, in Hue's own words... "bpafb".....
"best player available for the Browns"
-
Sorry, but the way I see it, Bosa is very good, but also very overrated.
The hype that he compares to J.J. Watt is nonsense.
Here's one article about Bosa's weaknesses:
Sorry, but the way I see it, Bosa is very good, but also very overrated.
The hype that he compares to J.J. Watt is nonsense.
Here's one article about Bosa's weaknesses:
Again....you know more than all the professional talent evaluators combined?
Whether or not he should be compared to Watt is one thing.....but he is rated the #1 best player in this draft by a vast majority (or a vast plurality) of scouts.
-
but it isn't "bpa".... it's clearly, in Hue's own words... "bpafb".....
"best player available for the Browns"
but it isn't "bpa".... it's clearly, in Hue's own words... "bpafb".....
"best player available for the Browns"
Fair enough....and that is why I say that you can't go by mock drafts to determine who may be the best player available. A team could be so desperate for a player at one position that they will overreach for a player to fill that position....and not get the best player they could have gotten. This may be where the Browns are at QB. You only hope that by passing up the bpa.....that the bpa for your team is not the bbpa. Biggest bust player available.
-
Sorry, but the way I see it, Bosa is very good, but also very overrated.
The hype that he compares to J.J. Watt is nonsense.
Here's one article about Bosa's weaknesses:
Again....you know more than all the professional talent evaluators combined?
Whether or not he should be compared to Watt is one thing.....but he is rated the #1 best player in this draft by a vast majority (or a vast plurality) of scouts.
Again....you know more than all the professional talent evaluators combined?
Whether or not he should be compared to Watt is one thing.....but he is rated the #1 best player in this draft by a vast majority (or a vast plurality) of scouts.
If this was ever right, which is debatable (but has already been debated ad nauseum), the Combine has changed things.
-
i'm gonna let this new FO give it a shot. i'm tired of falling in love with some of these rookies with all the claims of greatness just to see them shit the bed.
and the bosa love from clevfan4life is teetering on a PoG stalker level, code red.
geez......
i'm gonna let this new FO give it a shot. i'm tired of falling in love with some of these rookies with all the claims of greatness just to see them shit the bed.
and the bosa love from clevfan4life is teetering on a PoG stalker level, code red.
geez......
How many times have I said that there was a group of 3 or 4 players, obviously including Bosa, that I want at that #2 pick instead of a QB that we're gonna cut in two years? Jesus titty fucking Christ. I'm on record as stating I wouldn't mind Tunsil. I'm on record sayng that if we signed Williams, Long or Johnson we can look at other options with that first pick instead of D line. Obviously I think Bosa's the best player I the draft, I think that's not up for discussion. His run defense fundamentals are unmatched in anybody I've seen come out of college in my lifetime. His edge play, to me, is exactly how the Panthers DE's play...so yeah obviously i'm very high on him. But we also need a captain LB'er. Would have been fine with Jaylyn before he got hurt. We just need to stop the run "RIGHT FUCKING NOW". It doesn't matter who our QB is if scrub nobs are routinely running for 150 yds and jumping in our stands. This is unacceptable not just from a game standpoint, but to the whole fucking franchise. Cleveland becomes known as the place you can jump in their stands and they'll help you down so you don't tweak a knee or nothin.
Fuck try that in Cincy, see what Vontaze does. He might not start a fight right then and there, but he actually might.....but for sure you don't wanna be anywhere near him in the next pile cause you're gonna get bad touched under there. We need to build that in Cleveland "right fucking now" I don't care how we do it or who we do it with.
Am I clear now?
-
Again....you know more than all the professional talent evaluators combined?
Whether or not he should be compared to Watt is one thing.....but he is rated the #1 best player in this draft by a vast majority (or a vast plurality) of scouts.
If this was ever right, which is debatable (but has already been debated ad nauseum), the Combine has changed things.
If this was ever right, which is debatable (but has already been debated ad nauseum), the Combine has changed things.
but Bosa had a great combine. In fact the headlines were that he did everything they thought he would do and solidified his projection as #1 BPA. In fact he did something I wasn't expecting, which was nail the cover drills. Hence why I changed my opinion about whether he can play OLB'er in a 3-4. He can....strong side. Just like how Belichick used Vrabel and now Ninkovich in his 3-4. Good god if Bosa went to NE Belichick would make him one of the greatest players to ever play the game I suspect.
-
i'm gonna let this new FO give it a shot. i'm tired of falling in love with some of these rookies with all the claims of greatness just to see them shit the bed.
and the bosa love from clevfan4life is teetering on a PoG stalker level, code red.
geez......
How many times have I said that there was a group of 3 or 4 players, obviously including Bosa, that I want at that #2 pick instead of a QB that we're gonna cut in two years? Jesus titty fucking Christ. I'm on record as stating I wouldn't mind Tunsil. I'm on record sayng that if we signed Williams, Long or Johnson we can look at other options with that first pick instead of D line. Obviously I think Bosa's the best player I the draft, I think that's not up for discussion. His run defense fundamentals are unmatched in anybody I've seen come out of college in my lifetime. His edge play, to me, is exactly how the Panthers DE's play...so yeah obviously i'm very high on him. But we also need a captain LB'er. Would have been fine with Jaylyn before he got hurt. We just need to stop the run "RIGHT FUCKING NOW". It doesn't matter who our QB is if scrub nobs are routinely running for 150 yds and jumping in our stands. This is unacceptable not just from a game standpoint, but to the whole fucking franchise. Cleveland becomes known as the place you can jump in their stands and they'll help you down so you don't tweak a knee or nothin.
Fuck try that in Cincy, see what Vontaze does. He might not start a fight right then and there, but he actually might.....but for sure you don't wanna be anywhere near him in the next pile cause you're gonna get bad touched under there. We need to build that in Cleveland "right fucking now" I don't care how we do it or who we do it with.
Am I clear now?
Am I clear now?
Crystal...
Just one more question... if Pvt. Santiago was scheduled to leave on the first flight out of GITMO, why wasn't he packed?
-
Am I clear now?
Crystal...
Just one more question... if Pvt. Santiago was scheduled to leave on the first flight out of GITMO, why wasn't he packed?
-
-
Again....you know more than all the professional talent evaluators combined?
Whether or not he should be compared to Watt is one thing.....but he is rated the #1 best player in this draft by a vast majority (or a vast plurality) of scouts.
If this was ever right, which is debatable (but has already been debated ad nauseum), the Combine has changed things.
If this was ever right, which is debatable (but has already been debated ad nauseum), the Combine has changed things.
Prove it. The thing you just posted elsewhere post combine still had him at least #2.
-
well, we can all rest comfortably knowing that Clowney was the #1 overall and (presumably) the best prospect EVER at DE just 2 years ago....similar to Courtney Brown.....there are no guarantees on anything the pundits say....
This is a weak draft class and most of the "top" guys would be middling picks in most other years....feels a lot like 2013
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better đź’—
Register Login