Can Bosa actually play OLB'er?
-
but it isn't "bpa".... it's clearly, in Hue's own words... "bpafb".....
"best player available for the Browns"
-
but it isn't "bpa".... it's clearly, in Hue's own words... "bpafb".....
"best player available for the Browns"
-
Sorry, but the way I see it, Bosa is very good, but also very overrated.
The hype that he compares to J.J. Watt is nonsense.
Here's one article about Bosa's weaknesses:
Sorry, but the way I see it, Bosa is very good, but also very overrated.
The hype that he compares to J.J. Watt is nonsense.
Here's one article about Bosa's weaknesses:
Again....you know more than all the professional talent evaluators combined?
Whether or not he should be compared to Watt is one thing.....but he is rated the #1 best player in this draft by a vast majority (or a vast plurality) of scouts.
-
but it isn't "bpa".... it's clearly, in Hue's own words... "bpafb".....
"best player available for the Browns"
but it isn't "bpa".... it's clearly, in Hue's own words... "bpafb".....
"best player available for the Browns"
Fair enough....and that is why I say that you can't go by mock drafts to determine who may be the best player available. A team could be so desperate for a player at one position that they will overreach for a player to fill that position....and not get the best player they could have gotten. This may be where the Browns are at QB. You only hope that by passing up the bpa.....that the bpa for your team is not the bbpa. Biggest bust player available.
-
Sorry, but the way I see it, Bosa is very good, but also very overrated.
The hype that he compares to J.J. Watt is nonsense.
Here's one article about Bosa's weaknesses:
Again....you know more than all the professional talent evaluators combined?
Whether or not he should be compared to Watt is one thing.....but he is rated the #1 best player in this draft by a vast majority (or a vast plurality) of scouts.
Again....you know more than all the professional talent evaluators combined?
Whether or not he should be compared to Watt is one thing.....but he is rated the #1 best player in this draft by a vast majority (or a vast plurality) of scouts.
If this was ever right, which is debatable (but has already been debated ad nauseum), the Combine has changed things.
-
i'm gonna let this new FO give it a shot. i'm tired of falling in love with some of these rookies with all the claims of greatness just to see them shit the bed.
and the bosa love from clevfan4life is teetering on a PoG stalker level, code red.
geez......
i'm gonna let this new FO give it a shot. i'm tired of falling in love with some of these rookies with all the claims of greatness just to see them shit the bed.
and the bosa love from clevfan4life is teetering on a PoG stalker level, code red.
geez......
How many times have I said that there was a group of 3 or 4 players, obviously including Bosa, that I want at that #2 pick instead of a QB that we're gonna cut in two years? Jesus titty fucking Christ. I'm on record as stating I wouldn't mind Tunsil. I'm on record sayng that if we signed Williams, Long or Johnson we can look at other options with that first pick instead of D line. Obviously I think Bosa's the best player I the draft, I think that's not up for discussion. His run defense fundamentals are unmatched in anybody I've seen come out of college in my lifetime. His edge play, to me, is exactly how the Panthers DE's play...so yeah obviously i'm very high on him. But we also need a captain LB'er. Would have been fine with Jaylyn before he got hurt. We just need to stop the run "RIGHT FUCKING NOW". It doesn't matter who our QB is if scrub nobs are routinely running for 150 yds and jumping in our stands. This is unacceptable not just from a game standpoint, but to the whole fucking franchise. Cleveland becomes known as the place you can jump in their stands and they'll help you down so you don't tweak a knee or nothin.
Fuck try that in Cincy, see what Vontaze does. He might not start a fight right then and there, but he actually might.....but for sure you don't wanna be anywhere near him in the next pile cause you're gonna get bad touched under there. We need to build that in Cleveland "right fucking now" I don't care how we do it or who we do it with.
Am I clear now?
-
Again....you know more than all the professional talent evaluators combined?
Whether or not he should be compared to Watt is one thing.....but he is rated the #1 best player in this draft by a vast majority (or a vast plurality) of scouts.
If this was ever right, which is debatable (but has already been debated ad nauseum), the Combine has changed things.
If this was ever right, which is debatable (but has already been debated ad nauseum), the Combine has changed things.
but Bosa had a great combine. In fact the headlines were that he did everything they thought he would do and solidified his projection as #1 BPA. In fact he did something I wasn't expecting, which was nail the cover drills. Hence why I changed my opinion about whether he can play OLB'er in a 3-4. He can....strong side. Just like how Belichick used Vrabel and now Ninkovich in his 3-4. Good god if Bosa went to NE Belichick would make him one of the greatest players to ever play the game I suspect.
-
i'm gonna let this new FO give it a shot. i'm tired of falling in love with some of these rookies with all the claims of greatness just to see them shit the bed.
and the bosa love from clevfan4life is teetering on a PoG stalker level, code red.
geez......
How many times have I said that there was a group of 3 or 4 players, obviously including Bosa, that I want at that #2 pick instead of a QB that we're gonna cut in two years? Jesus titty fucking Christ. I'm on record as stating I wouldn't mind Tunsil. I'm on record sayng that if we signed Williams, Long or Johnson we can look at other options with that first pick instead of D line. Obviously I think Bosa's the best player I the draft, I think that's not up for discussion. His run defense fundamentals are unmatched in anybody I've seen come out of college in my lifetime. His edge play, to me, is exactly how the Panthers DE's play...so yeah obviously i'm very high on him. But we also need a captain LB'er. Would have been fine with Jaylyn before he got hurt. We just need to stop the run "RIGHT FUCKING NOW". It doesn't matter who our QB is if scrub nobs are routinely running for 150 yds and jumping in our stands. This is unacceptable not just from a game standpoint, but to the whole fucking franchise. Cleveland becomes known as the place you can jump in their stands and they'll help you down so you don't tweak a knee or nothin.
Fuck try that in Cincy, see what Vontaze does. He might not start a fight right then and there, but he actually might.....but for sure you don't wanna be anywhere near him in the next pile cause you're gonna get bad touched under there. We need to build that in Cleveland "right fucking now" I don't care how we do it or who we do it with.
Am I clear now?
Am I clear now?
Crystal...
Just one more question... if Pvt. Santiago was scheduled to leave on the first flight out of GITMO, why wasn't he packed?
-
Am I clear now?
Crystal...
Just one more question... if Pvt. Santiago was scheduled to leave on the first flight out of GITMO, why wasn't he packed?
-
-
Again....you know more than all the professional talent evaluators combined?
Whether or not he should be compared to Watt is one thing.....but he is rated the #1 best player in this draft by a vast majority (or a vast plurality) of scouts.
If this was ever right, which is debatable (but has already been debated ad nauseum), the Combine has changed things.
If this was ever right, which is debatable (but has already been debated ad nauseum), the Combine has changed things.
Prove it. The thing you just posted elsewhere post combine still had him at least #2.
-
well, we can all rest comfortably knowing that Clowney was the #1 overall and (presumably) the best prospect EVER at DE just 2 years ago....similar to Courtney Brown.....there are no guarantees on anything the pundits say....
This is a weak draft class and most of the "top" guys would be middling picks in most other years....feels a lot like 2013
-
well, we can all rest comfortably knowing that Clowney was the #1 overall and (presumably) the best prospect EVER at DE just 2 years ago....similar to Courtney Brown.....there are no guarantees on anything the pundits say....
This is a weak draft class and most of the "top" guys would be middling picks in most other years....feels a lot like 2013
well, we can all rest comfortably knowing that Clowney was the #1 overall and (presumably) the best prospect EVER at DE just 2 years ago....similar to Courtney Brown.....there are no guarantees on anything the pundits say....
This is a weak draft class and most of the "top" guys would be middling picks in most other years....feels a lot like 2013
Particularly at the QB spot?

-
well, we can all rest comfortably knowing that Clowney was the #1 overall and (presumably) the best prospect EVER at DE just 2 years ago....similar to Courtney Brown.....there are no guarantees on anything the pundits say....
This is a weak draft class and most of the "top" guys would be middling picks in most other years....feels a lot like 2013
Particularly at the QB spot?

Particularly at the QB spot?

yeah....Im laying low on the whole QB thing.....rating them is not in my knowledge comfort zone.....
Though, Id say that I dont see a stand out there.....just people debating which one is best and whether they are even worth a high pick....
And all that uncertainty makes me nervous...
-
well, we can all rest comfortably knowing that Clowney was the #1 overall and (presumably) the best prospect EVER at DE just 2 years ago....similar to Courtney Brown.....there are no guarantees on anything the pundits say....
This is a weak draft class and most of the "top" guys would be middling picks in most other years....feels a lot like 2013
well, we can all rest comfortably knowing that Clowney was the #1 overall and (presumably) the best prospect EVER at DE just 2 years ago....similar to Courtney Brown.....there are no guarantees on anything the pundits say....
This is a weak draft class and most of the "top" guys would be middling picks in most other years....feels a lot like 2013
Clowney though got one of those weird knee injuries that in effect are worse than ACL's. One of my buddies had this and for some reason ACL's you can now come back from 100%, but what Clowney has even though at first it doesn't seem so bad, you almost never get 100% back. My buddy explained me this awhile back but I forget the how and why. But suffice to say we'll never see what Clowney could have been.
That being said, I would take Bosa over Clowney every time. Yeah Clowneys faster but so what? Bosa carves a better edge and has way better run defense, Clowneys big smash on that poor RB notwithstanding. Bosa is way better at dealing with OL. Clowney was always one of those guys that was a master at keeping OL's hands off of him. But in the NFL the schemes are so much more next level that if you have an edge who has trouble when OL and big blocking TE's grab a hold of him, OC's will exploit that. THey will force the edge player into a position where if he dives and evades the play will break long. Look at what offenses do with their TE's to our guys, ie Kruger. Can't have that. Can't have an edge player that an offense can take out with one lousy TE. Fuck that.
-
Yeah...I dont know what his injury was.....though I know he had that micro fracture procedure, which doesnt always work so well....
Honestly, I was never a fan.....good physical specimen, but in my mind, not a baller mentally....and the way everyone went all goo goo over him after the combine was absurd....
-
Yeah...I dont know what his injury was.....though I know he had that micro fracture procedure, which doesnt always work so well....
Honestly, I was never a fan.....good physical specimen, but in my mind, not a baller mentally....and the way everyone went all goo goo over him after the combine was absurd....
Yeah...I dont know what his injury was.....though I know he had that micro fracture procedure, which doesnt always work so well....
Honestly, I was never a fan.....good physical specimen, but in my mind, not a baller mentally....and the way everyone went all goo goo over him after the combine was absurd....
right, because of that 40 time. Which is precisely why I wouldn't give a shit if Bosa ran a 5.0. I've seen the space he covers from the edge and it's more than adequate. If you're expecting your DE/OLB'ers to chase down a RB from behind in the NFL, than you've got shit 2nd and 3rd level defenders. And what's all that speed matter when D line players are always moving hunched over and low so they can stop and cut and retain some leverage? Testing defensive linemans 40 times is worthless, utterly. How much space they cover with football leverage is "all" that matters.
-
-
Sorry, but the way I see it, Bosa is very good, but also very overrated.
The hype that he compares to J.J. Watt is nonsense.
Here's one article about Bosa's weaknesses:
Again....you know more than all the professional talent evaluators combined?
Whether or not he should be compared to Watt is one thing.....but he is rated the #1 best player in this draft by a vast majority (or a vast plurality) of scouts.
Whether or not he should be compared to Watt is one thing.....but (Bosa) is rated the #1 best player in this draft by a vast majority (or a vast plurality) of scouts.
Prove it. The thing you just posted elsewhere post combine still had him at least #2.
So #2 is the same as #1 now?
And "the thing" is the Play the Draft board that is primarily based on Mocks... which you have previously said are not BPA lists.
Kiper just dropped Bosa to 6th on his Big Board IIRC... I believe McShay dropped him as well.
Draft Scout just dropped him to 3rd...
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/top750.php?draftyear=2016&sortby=rateall&order=ASC
-
Ha!....right....remember all the talk about Sheltons slow 40 time.....as if he's gonna run more than 3 steps in any direction....
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login