Can Bosa actually play OLB'er?
-
well, we can all rest comfortably knowing that Clowney was the #1 overall and (presumably) the best prospect EVER at DE just 2 years ago....similar to Courtney Brown.....there are no guarantees on anything the pundits say....
This is a weak draft class and most of the "top" guys would be middling picks in most other years....feels a lot like 2013
well, we can all rest comfortably knowing that Clowney was the #1 overall and (presumably) the best prospect EVER at DE just 2 years ago....similar to Courtney Brown.....there are no guarantees on anything the pundits say....
This is a weak draft class and most of the "top" guys would be middling picks in most other years....feels a lot like 2013
Clowney though got one of those weird knee injuries that in effect are worse than ACL's. One of my buddies had this and for some reason ACL's you can now come back from 100%, but what Clowney has even though at first it doesn't seem so bad, you almost never get 100% back. My buddy explained me this awhile back but I forget the how and why. But suffice to say we'll never see what Clowney could have been.
That being said, I would take Bosa over Clowney every time. Yeah Clowneys faster but so what? Bosa carves a better edge and has way better run defense, Clowneys big smash on that poor RB notwithstanding. Bosa is way better at dealing with OL. Clowney was always one of those guys that was a master at keeping OL's hands off of him. But in the NFL the schemes are so much more next level that if you have an edge who has trouble when OL and big blocking TE's grab a hold of him, OC's will exploit that. THey will force the edge player into a position where if he dives and evades the play will break long. Look at what offenses do with their TE's to our guys, ie Kruger. Can't have that. Can't have an edge player that an offense can take out with one lousy TE. Fuck that.
-
Yeah...I dont know what his injury was.....though I know he had that micro fracture procedure, which doesnt always work so well....
Honestly, I was never a fan.....good physical specimen, but in my mind, not a baller mentally....and the way everyone went all goo goo over him after the combine was absurd....
-
Yeah...I dont know what his injury was.....though I know he had that micro fracture procedure, which doesnt always work so well....
Honestly, I was never a fan.....good physical specimen, but in my mind, not a baller mentally....and the way everyone went all goo goo over him after the combine was absurd....
Yeah...I dont know what his injury was.....though I know he had that micro fracture procedure, which doesnt always work so well....
Honestly, I was never a fan.....good physical specimen, but in my mind, not a baller mentally....and the way everyone went all goo goo over him after the combine was absurd....
right, because of that 40 time. Which is precisely why I wouldn't give a shit if Bosa ran a 5.0. I've seen the space he covers from the edge and it's more than adequate. If you're expecting your DE/OLB'ers to chase down a RB from behind in the NFL, than you've got shit 2nd and 3rd level defenders. And what's all that speed matter when D line players are always moving hunched over and low so they can stop and cut and retain some leverage? Testing defensive linemans 40 times is worthless, utterly. How much space they cover with football leverage is "all" that matters.
-
-
Sorry, but the way I see it, Bosa is very good, but also very overrated.
The hype that he compares to J.J. Watt is nonsense.
Here's one article about Bosa's weaknesses:
Again....you know more than all the professional talent evaluators combined?
Whether or not he should be compared to Watt is one thing.....but he is rated the #1 best player in this draft by a vast majority (or a vast plurality) of scouts.
Whether or not he should be compared to Watt is one thing.....but (Bosa) is rated the #1 best player in this draft by a vast majority (or a vast plurality) of scouts.
Prove it. The thing you just posted elsewhere post combine still had him at least #2.
So #2 is the same as #1 now?
And "the thing" is the Play the Draft board that is primarily based on Mocks... which you have previously said are not BPA lists.
Kiper just dropped Bosa to 6th on his Big Board IIRC... I believe McShay dropped him as well.
Draft Scout just dropped him to 3rd...
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/top750.php?draftyear=2016&sortby=rateall&order=ASC
-
Ha!....right....remember all the talk about Sheltons slow 40 time.....as if he's gonna run more than 3 steps in any direction....
-
-
Whether or not he should be compared to Watt is one thing.....but (Bosa) is rated the #1 best player in this draft by a vast majority (or a vast plurality) of scouts.
Prove it. The thing you just posted elsewhere post combine still had him at least #2.
So #2 is the same as #1 now?
And "the thing" is the Play the Draft board that is primarily based on Mocks... which you have previously said are not BPA lists.
Kiper just dropped Bosa to 6th on his Big Board IIRC... I believe McShay dropped him as well.
Draft Scout just dropped him to 3rd...
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/top750.php?draftyear=2016&sortby=rateall&order=ASC
So #2 is the same as #1 now?
I said that he was #1 on many or most lists. It was always a back and forth between he and Tunsil for the #1 spot.
And "the thing" is the Play the Draft board that is primarily based on Mocks... which you have previously said are not BPA lists.
OK, whatever....it was still a source you cited.
Kiper just dropped Bosa to 6th on his Big Board IIRC... I believe McShay dropped him as well.
Links......?
Draft Scout just dropped him to 3rd...
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/top750.php?draftyear=2016&sortby=rateall&order=ASC
Did they drop him....or is that just where they have had him.
Point ultimately being.....he is still by far considered a better prospect than the QBs....who are far more questionable. And the Browns do need an edge rusher.
-
If I had to pick the best pure player in the draft....Id go with J. Ramsey.....and, if you're considering who's behind them(at the same position), then he stands out even more.....
IE....if you pass on him, there is no close second.....but most other positions, the talent is much closer from 1 to 2 to 3....etc...
So....Pass on a Bosa and there is Buckner and a long line of 'A' quality DE's and DT's that are right there.....Goff and Wentz are close, miss one and pick the other......Lb's are weak as a group, but there's still a couple near the top(Lee & Jack).....etc etc etc...
-
If I had to pick the best pure player in the draft....Id go with J. Ramsey.....and, if you're considering who's behind them(at the same position), then he stands out even more.....
IE....if you pass on him, there is no close second.....but most other positions, the talent is much closer from 1 to 2 to 3....etc...
So....Pass on a Bosa and there is Buckner and a long line of 'A' quality DE's and DT's that are right there.....Goff and Wentz are close, miss one and pick the other......Lb's are weak as a group, but there's still a couple near the top(Lee & Jack).....etc etc etc...
If I had to pick the best pure player in the draft....Id go with J. Ramsey.....and, if you're considering who's behind them(at the same position), then he stands out even more.....
IE....if you pass on him, there is no close second.....but most other positions, the talent is much closer from 1 to 2 to 3....etc...
So....Pass on a Bosa and there is Buckner and a long line of 'A' quality DE's and DT's that are right there.....Goff and Wentz are close, miss one and pick the other......Lb's are weak as a group, but there's still a couple near the top(Lee & Jack).....etc etc etc...
Well, that may not be because Ramsey is oh so much better, but because behind him at that position there is a dearth of talent.
-
I think hes that special....lots of positions that are weak, but Ramsey is an elite talent and isnt ranked #1 on a lot of boards just because there aren't others like him....
Here's those links you requested....(and these are the first 6 I opened and not hand picked)
http://www.nfldraftgeek.com/2016nfldraftrankings.html
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000624732/article/ranking-top-50-prospects-for-2016-nfl-draft
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2016/all
-
Again....you know more than all the professional talent evaluators combined?
Whether or not he should be compared to Watt is one thing.....but he is rated the #1 best player in this draft by a vast majority (or a vast plurality) of scouts. Gipper
**********************************************
No, but I will have my own opinion, without your permission, eh?
What fun is it to parrot the "experts"?
Professional talent evaluators have made plenty of mistakes over the years...
I also read a ton of stuff, Gip.
-
Again....you know more than all the professional talent evaluators combined?
Whether or not he should be compared to Watt is one thing.....but he is rated the #1 best player in this draft by a vast majority (or a vast plurality) of scouts. Gipper
**********************************************
No, but I will have my own opinion, without your permission, eh?
What fun is it to parrot the "experts"?
Professional talent evaluators have made plenty of mistakes over the years...
I also read a ton of stuff, Gip.
-
lol.... but I'm wondering if Joey's 40 raised some question marks...
Tell you what... I'll come back to that.
lol.... but I'm wondering if Joey's 40 raised some question marks...
Tell you what... I'll come back to that.
For anyone that puts stock into 40 times for defensive line... sure.
Top 5 broad jump, 1.96 10 yard split, took home tops 3 cone drill and 20 yard shuttle. Indicate he's got some explosiveness to his step.
edit: Everyone keeps saying Ryan Kerrigan. That's just because they see a white guy playing LE.
I see a Michael Bennett clone, save for the skin color.
-
lol.... but I'm wondering if Joey's 40 raised some question marks...
Tell you what... I'll come back to that.
For anyone that puts stock into 40 times for defensive line... sure.
Top 5 broad jump, 1.96 10 yard split, took home tops 3 cone drill and 20 yard shuttle. Indicate he's got some explosiveness to his step.
edit: Everyone keeps saying Ryan Kerrigan. That's just because they see a white guy playing LE.
I see a Michael Bennett clone, save for the skin color.
For anyone that puts stock into 40 times for defensive line... sure.
Top 5 broad jump, 1.96 10 yard split, took home tops 3 cone drill and 20 yard shuttle. Indicate he's got some explosiveness to his step.
edit: Everyone keeps saying Ryan Kerrigan. That's just because they see a white guy playing LE.
I see a Michael Bennett clone, save for the skin color.
Bosa will end up being far stronger and more explosive around the edge than Kerrigan.
-
lol.... but I'm wondering if Joey's 40 raised some question marks...
Tell you what... I'll come back to that.
For anyone that puts stock into 40 times for defensive line... sure.
Top 5 broad jump, 1.96 10 yard split, took home tops 3 cone drill and 20 yard shuttle. Indicate he's got some explosiveness to his step.
edit: Everyone keeps saying Ryan Kerrigan. That's just because they see a white guy playing LE.
I see a Michael Bennett clone, save for the skin color.
For anyone that puts stock into 40 times for defensive line... sure.
Top 5 broad jump, 1.96 10 yard split, took home tops 3 cone drill and 20 yard shuttle. Indicate he's got some explosiveness to his step.
edit: Everyone keeps saying Ryan Kerrigan. That's just because they see a white guy playing LE.
I see a Michael Bennett clone, save for the skin color.
OSU Michael Bennett or Seahawks Michael Bennett?
If it's the Seahawks he did not exactly wow anyone at the combine and signed as an undrafted FA. Only later would they discover what a great pro he has turned out to be.
-
lol.... but I'm wondering if Joey's 40 raised some question marks...
Tell you what... I'll come back to that.
For anyone that puts stock into 40 times for defensive line... sure.
Top 5 broad jump, 1.96 10 yard split, took home tops 3 cone drill and 20 yard shuttle. Indicate he's got some explosiveness to his step.
edit: Everyone keeps saying Ryan Kerrigan. That's just because they see a white guy playing LE.
I see a Michael Bennett clone, save for the skin color.
For anyone that puts stock into 40 times for defensive line... sure.
Top 5 broad jump, 1.96 10 yard split, took home tops 3 cone drill and 20 yard shuttle. Indicate he's got some explosiveness to his step.
Couple things...
- Again... Combine numbers are just useful in confirming what the tape showed.
- It's not where someone places in their draft class that matters; it's the actual numbers.
Of Joey's numbers his sub-7 3-cone was most impressive to me. Very nice agility for a man of his length let alone weight. But his shuttle, bench reps and broad were all OK.
Fortunately for you his 10-yd split was not 1.96., but 1.68 (Semi-dyslexic?) and 1.68 is very good.
His vertical was a sub-standard 32". It failed to confirm his "burst". Combined with his 40 time it sent his evaluators back to their tape.
-
For anyone that puts stock into 40 times for defensive line... sure.
Top 5 broad jump, 1.96 10 yard split, took home tops 3 cone drill and 20 yard shuttle. Indicate he's got some explosiveness to his step.
Couple things...
- Again... Combine numbers are just useful in confirming what the tape showed.
- It's not where someone places in their draft class that matters; it's the actual numbers.
Of Joey's numbers his sub-7 3-cone was most impressive to me. Very nice agility for a man of his length let alone weight. But his shuttle, bench reps and broad were all OK.
Fortunately for you his 10-yd split was not 1.96., but 1.68 (Semi-dyslexic?) and 1.68 is very good.
His vertical was a sub-standard 32". It failed to confirm his "burst". Combined with his 40 time it sent his evaluators back to their tape.
Couple things...
- Again... Combine numbers are just useful in confirming what the tape showed.
- It's not where someone places in their draft class that matters; it's the actual numbers.
Of Joey's numbers his sub-7 3-cone was most impressive to me. Very nice agility for a man of his length let alone weight. But his shuttle, bench reps and broad were all OK.
Fortunately for you his 10-yd split was not 1.96., but 1.68 (Semi-dyslexic?) and 1.68 is very good.
His vertical was a sub-standard 32". It failed to confirm his "burst". Combined with his 40 time it sent his evaluators back to their tape.
Michael Bennett had a overall 5.13 40 and 31" vertical. Combine cannot necessarily show "talent". Only the Seahawks took a flyer on him because his brother was an athletic NFL TE and near clone.
-
Sorry, but the way I see it, Bosa is very good, but also very overrated.
The hype that he compares to J.J. Watt is nonsense.
Here's one article about Bosa's weaknesses:
Again....you know more than all the professional talent evaluators combined?
Whether or not he should be compared to Watt is one thing.....but he is rated the #1 best player in this draft by a vast majority (or a vast plurality) of scouts.
Again....you know more than all the professional talent evaluators combined?
Whether or not he should be compared to Watt is one thing.....but he is rated the #1 best player in this draft by a vast majority (or a vast plurality) of scouts.
Once again, this is not true.
-
Again....you know more than all the professional talent evaluators combined?
Whether or not he should be compared to Watt is one thing.....but he is rated the #1 best player in this draft by a vast majority (or a vast plurality) of scouts.
Once again, this is not true.
Once again, this is not true.
How's that brick wall tasting?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login