Can Bosa actually play OLB'er?
-
Again....you know more than all the professional talent evaluators combined?
Whether or not he should be compared to Watt is one thing.....but he is rated the #1 best player in this draft by a vast majority (or a vast plurality) of scouts. Gipper
**********************************************
No, but I will have my own opinion, without your permission, eh?
What fun is it to parrot the "experts"?
Professional talent evaluators have made plenty of mistakes over the years...
I also read a ton of stuff, Gip.
-
Again....you know more than all the professional talent evaluators combined?
Whether or not he should be compared to Watt is one thing.....but he is rated the #1 best player in this draft by a vast majority (or a vast plurality) of scouts. Gipper
**********************************************
No, but I will have my own opinion, without your permission, eh?
What fun is it to parrot the "experts"?
Professional talent evaluators have made plenty of mistakes over the years...
I also read a ton of stuff, Gip.
-
lol.... but I'm wondering if Joey's 40 raised some question marks...
Tell you what... I'll come back to that.
lol.... but I'm wondering if Joey's 40 raised some question marks...
Tell you what... I'll come back to that.
For anyone that puts stock into 40 times for defensive line... sure.
Top 5 broad jump, 1.96 10 yard split, took home tops 3 cone drill and 20 yard shuttle. Indicate he's got some explosiveness to his step.
edit: Everyone keeps saying Ryan Kerrigan. That's just because they see a white guy playing LE.
I see a Michael Bennett clone, save for the skin color.
-
lol.... but I'm wondering if Joey's 40 raised some question marks...
Tell you what... I'll come back to that.
For anyone that puts stock into 40 times for defensive line... sure.
Top 5 broad jump, 1.96 10 yard split, took home tops 3 cone drill and 20 yard shuttle. Indicate he's got some explosiveness to his step.
edit: Everyone keeps saying Ryan Kerrigan. That's just because they see a white guy playing LE.
I see a Michael Bennett clone, save for the skin color.
For anyone that puts stock into 40 times for defensive line... sure.
Top 5 broad jump, 1.96 10 yard split, took home tops 3 cone drill and 20 yard shuttle. Indicate he's got some explosiveness to his step.
edit: Everyone keeps saying Ryan Kerrigan. That's just because they see a white guy playing LE.
I see a Michael Bennett clone, save for the skin color.
Bosa will end up being far stronger and more explosive around the edge than Kerrigan.
-
lol.... but I'm wondering if Joey's 40 raised some question marks...
Tell you what... I'll come back to that.
For anyone that puts stock into 40 times for defensive line... sure.
Top 5 broad jump, 1.96 10 yard split, took home tops 3 cone drill and 20 yard shuttle. Indicate he's got some explosiveness to his step.
edit: Everyone keeps saying Ryan Kerrigan. That's just because they see a white guy playing LE.
I see a Michael Bennett clone, save for the skin color.
For anyone that puts stock into 40 times for defensive line... sure.
Top 5 broad jump, 1.96 10 yard split, took home tops 3 cone drill and 20 yard shuttle. Indicate he's got some explosiveness to his step.
edit: Everyone keeps saying Ryan Kerrigan. That's just because they see a white guy playing LE.
I see a Michael Bennett clone, save for the skin color.
OSU Michael Bennett or Seahawks Michael Bennett?
If it's the Seahawks he did not exactly wow anyone at the combine and signed as an undrafted FA. Only later would they discover what a great pro he has turned out to be.
-
lol.... but I'm wondering if Joey's 40 raised some question marks...
Tell you what... I'll come back to that.
For anyone that puts stock into 40 times for defensive line... sure.
Top 5 broad jump, 1.96 10 yard split, took home tops 3 cone drill and 20 yard shuttle. Indicate he's got some explosiveness to his step.
edit: Everyone keeps saying Ryan Kerrigan. That's just because they see a white guy playing LE.
I see a Michael Bennett clone, save for the skin color.
For anyone that puts stock into 40 times for defensive line... sure.
Top 5 broad jump, 1.96 10 yard split, took home tops 3 cone drill and 20 yard shuttle. Indicate he's got some explosiveness to his step.
Couple things...
- Again... Combine numbers are just useful in confirming what the tape showed.
- It's not where someone places in their draft class that matters; it's the actual numbers.
Of Joey's numbers his sub-7 3-cone was most impressive to me. Very nice agility for a man of his length let alone weight. But his shuttle, bench reps and broad were all OK.
Fortunately for you his 10-yd split was not 1.96., but 1.68 (Semi-dyslexic?) and 1.68 is very good.
His vertical was a sub-standard 32". It failed to confirm his "burst". Combined with his 40 time it sent his evaluators back to their tape.
-
For anyone that puts stock into 40 times for defensive line... sure.
Top 5 broad jump, 1.96 10 yard split, took home tops 3 cone drill and 20 yard shuttle. Indicate he's got some explosiveness to his step.
Couple things...
- Again... Combine numbers are just useful in confirming what the tape showed.
- It's not where someone places in their draft class that matters; it's the actual numbers.
Of Joey's numbers his sub-7 3-cone was most impressive to me. Very nice agility for a man of his length let alone weight. But his shuttle, bench reps and broad were all OK.
Fortunately for you his 10-yd split was not 1.96., but 1.68 (Semi-dyslexic?) and 1.68 is very good.
His vertical was a sub-standard 32". It failed to confirm his "burst". Combined with his 40 time it sent his evaluators back to their tape.
Couple things...
- Again... Combine numbers are just useful in confirming what the tape showed.
- It's not where someone places in their draft class that matters; it's the actual numbers.
Of Joey's numbers his sub-7 3-cone was most impressive to me. Very nice agility for a man of his length let alone weight. But his shuttle, bench reps and broad were all OK.
Fortunately for you his 10-yd split was not 1.96., but 1.68 (Semi-dyslexic?) and 1.68 is very good.
His vertical was a sub-standard 32". It failed to confirm his "burst". Combined with his 40 time it sent his evaluators back to their tape.
Michael Bennett had a overall 5.13 40 and 31" vertical. Combine cannot necessarily show "talent". Only the Seahawks took a flyer on him because his brother was an athletic NFL TE and near clone.
-
Sorry, but the way I see it, Bosa is very good, but also very overrated.
The hype that he compares to J.J. Watt is nonsense.
Here's one article about Bosa's weaknesses:
Again....you know more than all the professional talent evaluators combined?
Whether or not he should be compared to Watt is one thing.....but he is rated the #1 best player in this draft by a vast majority (or a vast plurality) of scouts.
Again....you know more than all the professional talent evaluators combined?
Whether or not he should be compared to Watt is one thing.....but he is rated the #1 best player in this draft by a vast majority (or a vast plurality) of scouts.
Once again, this is not true.
-
Again....you know more than all the professional talent evaluators combined?
Whether or not he should be compared to Watt is one thing.....but he is rated the #1 best player in this draft by a vast majority (or a vast plurality) of scouts.
Once again, this is not true.
Once again, this is not true.
How's that brick wall tasting?
-
Once again, this is not true.
How's that brick wall tasting?
-
Hey if Ramsey played up at the line i'd be all about it. But for him to have an impact in the run game he'd be sacrificing other aspects. Bosa is still the best front 7 guy in the draft. He's by far the best run stopper. Am I honking on run stopping........damn fucking right. But hey if y'all cool with fresh nobs jumping into our stands, oh well.
-
Hey if Ramsey played up at the line i'd be all about it. But for him to have an impact in the run game he'd be sacrificing other aspects. Bosa is still the best front 7 guy in the draft. He's by far the best run stopper. Am I honking on run stopping........damn fucking right. But hey if y'all cool with fresh nobs jumping into our stands, oh well.
Bosa is still the best front 7 guy in the draft. He's by far the best run stopper.
Or maybe buckner, or jack, depending on who you listen to.
-
Bosa is still the best front 7 guy in the draft. He's by far the best run stopper.
Or maybe buckner, or jack, depending on who you listen to.
-
Buckner is rising fast.....right there with Bosa.....and, honestly, much better suited for a 3-4 D....
I wouldn't be upset with Buckner but he's not as polished as Bosa. He didn't look as explosive as Bosa at combine. But he's also heavier so ur right he's more of a 5 tech guy. Thing is we need edges more than another inside lineman. We need people that can stick a pulling guard or tackle at the point, then get off that block to help in the play. This is what sets Bosa apart from Buckner. Bosa in my eyes plays more like the DE's from Carolina and Cincy. Very strong active guys that do more than just funnel the play towards the LB'ers. It used to be that's all you asked of edges but you can't anymore. They have to rip off of a blocker. We have edges that can't get of TE blocks. So that's why i'm still leaning Bosa. Jack is a good OLB'er no question, but Bosa will produce sooner than Jack for what the Browns need.
Bosa's gonna have to learn though that in the NFL you have to play with speed and leverage Lots of guys didn't make the transition, like Werner, too well. Werner played like a stone gargoyle at Fl state, but he lost that field leverage making the transition to the pro's.
-
So #2 is the same as #1 now?
I said that he was #1 on many or most lists. It was always a back and forth between he and Tunsil for the #1 spot.
And "the thing" is the Play the Draft board that is primarily based on Mocks... which you have previously said are not BPA lists.
OK, whatever....it was still a source you cited.
Kiper just dropped Bosa to 6th on his Big Board IIRC... I believe McShay dropped him as well.
Links......?
Draft Scout just dropped him to 3rd...
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/top750.php?draftyear=2016&sortby=rateall&order=ASC
Did they drop him....or is that just where they have had him.
Point ultimately being.....he is still by far considered a better prospect than the QBs....who are far more questionable. And the Browns do need an edge rusher.
Did they drop him....or is that just where they have had him.
Point ultimately being.....he is still by far considered a better prospect than the QBs....who are far more questionable. And the Browns do need an edge rusher.
Dropped... he was #2 behind Tunsil prior to the Combine.
Point being you are not looking at recent data... check the links Mud supplied.
Here's those links you requested....(and these are the first 6 I opened and not hand picked)
http://www.nfldraftgeek.com/2016nfldraftrankings.html
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000624732/article/ranking-top-50-prospects-for-2016-nfl-draft
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2016/all
Thanks for the assist...
-
That analysis of Buckner that said his pad level gets too high and he gets "crushed" by angle blocks, that's exactly what I saw in his tape....so i'm not blowing it out my ass when I said Buckner's got more work ahead of him than Bosa. I can't project years out, I jus know Bosa's fundy's are there "now".
-
That analysis of Buckner that said his pad level gets too high and he gets "crushed" by angle blocks, that's exactly what I saw in his tape....so i'm not blowing it out my ass when I said Buckner's got more work ahead of him than Bosa. I can't project years out, I jus know Bosa's fundy's are there "now".
That analysis of Buckner that said his pad level gets too high and he gets "crushed" by angle blocks, that's exactly what I saw in his tape....so i'm not blowing it out my ass when I said Buckner's got more work ahead of him than Bosa. I can't project years out, I jus know Bosa's fundy's are there "now".
I may have to sue for royalties. I feel my Goff v Wentz argument has been sullied by DE name substitution.
-
For anyone that puts stock into 40 times for defensive line... sure.
Top 5 broad jump, 1.96 10 yard split, took home tops 3 cone drill and 20 yard shuttle. Indicate he's got some explosiveness to his step.
Couple things...
- Again... Combine numbers are just useful in confirming what the tape showed.
- It's not where someone places in their draft class that matters; it's the actual numbers.
Of Joey's numbers his sub-7 3-cone was most impressive to me. Very nice agility for a man of his length let alone weight. But his shuttle, bench reps and broad were all OK.
Fortunately for you his 10-yd split was not 1.96., but 1.68 (Semi-dyslexic?) and 1.68 is very good.
His vertical was a sub-standard 32". It failed to confirm his "burst". Combined with his 40 time it sent his evaluators back to their tape.
Couple things...
- Again... Combine numbers are just useful in confirming what the tape showed.
- It's not where someone places in their draft class that matters; it's the actual numbers.
Fortunately for you his 10-yd split was not 1.96., but 1.68 (Semi-dyslexic?) and 1.68 is very good.
His vertical was a sub-standard 32". It failed to confirm his "burst". Combined with his 40 time it sent his evaluators back to their tape.
Thanks for the correction on the split -
Typing from my phone and I'm not sure how I messed that up. I wish I had more time to sit
down, better articulate my responses and invest some time in the board again. But it's busy season for me, sadly.
-
Once again, this is not true.
How's that brick wall tasting?
-
If anyone is stubborn enough (outside the political section) to unite everyone against their ignorance it is he.Tastes like victory.
I like the united front on this board to make one singular poster realize Bosa isn't the top prospect. Feel like we haven't been this united in a long time...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login