Can Bosa actually play OLB'er?
-
Bortles and Mariota were not considered projects to the likes of the kids this year. I mean c'mon people were talking about trading up for Mariota, not just the Browns. I mean comparing these guys to Mariota is simply...I dunno....Mariota played in the national championship. Yeah he had some cuts against him, mainly his size....but nobody reputable was saying Mariota is potentially even a 3rd rounder like some people are saying some of the qb's this year are that people are thinking about reaching on.
But fine, you all want a dude who's gonna sit all next year and have to compete for the spot in year two...fine. Can't wait to watch 3rd string RB's compete for rusher of the week against our defense than do absolutely shit the rest of the year. Can't wait. No really I can't wait. I simply cannot wait for the season to begin so I can sit and watch our defense get rolled just like these guys have the last 3 years. Cause it's all gonna change this year right? This is the year we stop the run right fella's? Can't wait to buy my Carson Wentz or Jared Goff jersey either. Gonna look sweet sporting a bench rider for two years and then he's gone in year 3. Can't wait. No really I can't wait.
-
Again, who is suggesting that Goff or Wentz is a third rounder? I see also it's been downgraded from second to third round.
-
Wentz played in and WON two national championships! Mariotta LOST the only one he played in.....
Wentz may sit some next year so what! The point is this is a deeeeeep DL/LB draft! We neeeeed a QB
And #2 is where we can get one that's AFC north worthy. Unless you want Hackensack or Jones or.....
Choose another LOSER in rd 3or 4 to ride the bench for at least two years or more
-
We aren't taking Bosa at #2
CLE still hasn't provided sources for his claims.
If you think a QB is "the guy", who cares when you take him?
-
Is Blake Bortles in this draft? If so I might stand corrected but people pretty much said Bortles might take a year or two but that he was NFL ready from day one. Same with Mariota. NOBODY is saying that about either of these guys. The combine reporters made it abundantly clear that these guys were being way over reached on.
"Bortles is not the best quarterback in this draft class. He's not nearly as ready to step in and play from day one "
"As Bortles continues to develop his field vision and anticipation, he could turn into a good starter in the NFL. Thus, Bortles would be better off sitting behind a veteran to start out his rookie year. "
http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2014bbortles.php#dMVXcBGuum657DdO.99
"Mariota needs development, so it may not benefit him to start immediately."
http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2015mmariota.php#fyCFz4DoicDcoPib.99
"Mariota is a project, more so than a regular draft prospect."
I'm sure there are more, but I'm at work so only have a few minutes. Literally every article I've read has Goff and Wentz going minimum top-10 (again, apart from OutlierDiggy).
I'm sure there are more, but I'm at work so only have a few minutes. Literally every article I've read has Goff and Wentz going minimum top-10 (again, apart from OutlierDiggy).
Yup... you, I and others have been putting these facts in front of Cleve, Gipper and others for weeks... hasn't gotten through yet.
Why expect it to now?
-
Who (apart from EmDiggy for some reason) is saying that? Because I'm yet to read anything like that.
Yeah it'd suck if we had a Blake Bortles type of player on our hands. I'd hate it so much if we drafted a guy and he took a whole year to develop in to a franchise level QB. That would be terrible, I don't know how I'd cope. You're right, let's pick a DL at 2 in one of the deepest DL drafts in living memory.

all of those defensive players will be gone by 32 sooooo. And Bosa is the best one of them. I would have been happy with Smith though too cause we are desperately in need of a stud LB'er as we are in need of an edge rusher/protector.
all of those defensive players will be gone by 32
No, they won't.
We will get one of them at 32, and possibly at 65 [TEN has the 1st pick of rd3].
If Schwartz leaves, 65 probably will be a replacement RT, but otherwise both day2 picks will be front-7 players. And they'll both be good.
-
Again, who is suggesting that Goff or Wentz is a third rounder? I see also it's been downgraded from second to third round.
-
well I guess the upside to taking a QB at 2 is that it guarantees a high pick next year. Whatever. At this point i'm so used to this it's like a broken record. In 2-3 years people around the league will be furnishing a new list of players that the Browns could have had instead of the players that are bouncing around the league and it's more laughingstock. This has been going on for 15+ years why stop it now?
-
well I guess the upside to taking a QB at 2 is that it guarantees a high pick next year. Whatever. At this point i'm so used to this it's like a broken record. In 2-3 years people around the league will be furnishing a new list of players that the Browns could have had instead of the players that are bouncing around the league and it's more laughingstock. This has been going on for 15+ years why stop it now?
well I guess the upside to taking a QB at 2 is that it guarantees a high pick next year. Whatever. At this point i'm so used to this it's like a broken record. In 2-3 years people around the league will be furnishing a new list of players that the Browns could have had instead of the players that are bouncing around the league and it's more laughingstock. This has been going on for 15+ years why stop it now?
Remind me, when did we last take a QB at 2? Or top 5? Top 10?
-
well I guess the upside to taking a QB at 2 is that it guarantees a high pick next year. Whatever. At this point i'm so used to this it's like a broken record. In 2-3 years people around the league will be furnishing a new list of players that the Browns could have had instead of the players that are bouncing around the league and it's more laughingstock. This has been going on for 15+ years why stop it now?
Remind me, when did we last take a QB at 2? Or top 5? Top 10?
Remind me, when did we last take a QB at 2? Or top 5? Top 10?
It's the project nature of the picks. It's cool though, I like watching 3rd string RB's run for 150 on us. I mean why change right? Let's take another QB that won't beat out Austin Davis for the backup role this year. I mean lets. All in here.
-
Where is ole Gipper?
-
Remind me, when did we last take a QB at 2? Or top 5? Top 10?
It's the project nature of the picks. It's cool though, I like watching 3rd string RB's run for 150 on us. I mean why change right? Let's take another QB that won't beat out Austin Davis for the backup role this year. I mean lets. All in here.
It's the project nature of the picks. It's cool though, I like watching 3rd string RB's run for 150 on us. I mean why change right? Let's take another QB that won't beat out Austin Davis for the backup role this year. I mean lets. All in here.
Who is saying these QBs are 3rd round grades (or whatever you said before)?
-
Is Blake Bortles in this draft? If so I might stand corrected but people pretty much said Bortles might take a year or two but that he was NFL ready from day one. Same with Mariota. NOBODY is saying that about either of these guys. The combine reporters made it abundantly clear that these guys were being way over reached on.
"Bortles is not the best quarterback in this draft class. He's not nearly as ready to step in and play from day one "
"As Bortles continues to develop his field vision and anticipation, he could turn into a good starter in the NFL. Thus, Bortles would be better off sitting behind a veteran to start out his rookie year. "
http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2014bbortles.php#dMVXcBGuum657DdO.99
"Mariota needs development, so it may not benefit him to start immediately."
http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2015mmariota.php#fyCFz4DoicDcoPib.99
"Mariota is a project, more so than a regular draft prospect."
I'm sure there are more, but I'm at work so only have a few minutes. Literally every article I've read has Goff and Wentz going minimum top-10 (again, apart from OutlierDiggy).
I'm sure there are more, but I'm at work so only have a few minutes. Literally every article I've read has Goff and Wentz going minimum top-10 (again, apart from OutlierDiggy).
Yes....Every mock draft that I've seen has that. No one is dropping these guys out of the top 10. Bosa is not a LB. He's a 4-3 Defensive End and I'm sure he'll be very good in the NFL. But as they all say...you either have your franchise QB or you're still looking for him. There's no inbetween.
-
I know i'm just trolling here, but damn does anyone else cpt shovel pass the 2nd here?
-
FFS, we're finally in a position, after years of being 'just good enough to not be able to draft the top QB' where we can actually have our pick of QBs, and people want to waste that, based on what, a good DE? Sure, Bosa will probably be pro-bowl level or there abouts, but ask JJ Watt how being an elite DE on a team with no QB works out. MVP level play out of him gets his team maybe to 9-7, MVP level play from a QB get their team to the playoffs.
chris, our pick of QB's in a draft class where people are blatantly stating all of these guys are 2nd round talent. C'mon dude ffs. You want to waste the first pick on a guy who might not be much better than JM. Sorry i'm not into it. Not when our defense is SHIT!! I'm tired of watching our defense give up 150yds a game. Way more tired of that than our QB play which imo isn't our biggest deficiency. The QB's we have aren't going to win us a SB but ffs would this team make a deep playoff run with Tom Brady as our QB? NO!!! And I know that cause we saw in the playoffs what Tom Brady looked like when his protection broke down. Which would be a weekly situation for him here in Cleveland.
Find a relatively recent article by a legitimate talking head that says these are 2nd round guys.chris, our pick of QB's in a draft class where people are blatantly stating all of these guys are 2nd round talent. C'mon dude ffs. You want to waste the first pick on a guy who might not be much better than JM. Sorry i'm not into it. Not when our defense is SHIT!! I'm tired of watching our defense give up 150yds a game. Way more tired of that than our QB play which imo isn't our biggest deficiency. The QB's we have aren't going to win us a SB but ffs would this team make a deep playoff run with Tom Brady as our QB? NO!!! And I know that cause we saw in the playoffs what Tom Brady looked like when his protection broke down. Which would be a weekly situation for him here in Cleveland.
Once again, both Goff and Wentz have almost the EXACT same profile grades as Winston and Mariota.
Jesus, people are so incapable of taking on any new information it's insane.
Also I'm not sure how taking Bosa would boost our QB'a protection. Is he playing OL too?
-
The amount of wrong you are on almost every point in this thread is hilarious.
-
Who (apart from EmDiggy for some reason) is saying that? Because I'm yet to read anything like that.
Yeah it'd suck if we had a Blake Bortles type of player on our hands. I'd hate it so much if we drafted a guy and he took a whole year to develop in to a franchise level QB. That would be terrible, I don't know how I'd cope. You're right, let's pick a DL at 2 in one of the deepest DL drafts in living memory.

all of those defensive players will be gone by 32 sooooo. And Bosa is the best one of them. I would have been happy with Smith though too cause we are desperately in need of a stud LB'er as we are in need of an edge rusher/protector.
all of those defensive players will be gone by 32 sooooo. And Bosa is the best one of them. I would have been happy with Smith though too cause we are desperately in need of a stud LB'er as we are in need of an edge rusher/protector.
I agree that our Defensive position(s) of greatest need will be gone by 32, but there will still be high quality D available.
Personally I am hoping for Rankings... a DT that looks like an impact 3-4 DE to me.
-
all of those defensive players will be gone by 32 sooooo. And Bosa is the best one of them. I would have been happy with Smith though too cause we are desperately in need of a stud LB'er as we are in need of an edge rusher/protector.
I agree that our Defensive position(s) of greatest need will be gone by 32, but there will still be high quality D available.
Personally I am hoping for Rankings... a DT that looks like an impact 3-4 DE to me.
I agree that our Defensive position(s) of greatest need will be gone by 32, but there will still be high quality D available.
Personally I am hoping for Rankings... a DT that looks like an impact 3-4 DE to me.
i'm not saying we can't get some "decent' talent at 32, but from all the projections i've seen alot of teams need front seven players so the top 15 or so defensive players will very likely be off the board by 32. Not saying we can't find a nice piece at 32 but he will need some time. The guys that will produce and shore up our run defense right now, will likely by gone by 32. Do the Browns have a history of developing defensive players like, for instance...the Steelers? I wish to god we developed a program that could take raw talent like Harrison and turn him into a top 5 or better player at his position.
-
The amount of wrong you are on almost every point in this thread is hilarious.
The amount of wrong you are on almost every point in this thread is hilarious.
aren't you a ginger too? makes sense now.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login