Can Bosa actually play OLB'er?
-
Remind me, when did we last take a QB at 2? Or top 5? Top 10?
It's the project nature of the picks. It's cool though, I like watching 3rd string RB's run for 150 on us. I mean why change right? Let's take another QB that won't beat out Austin Davis for the backup role this year. I mean lets. All in here.
It's the project nature of the picks. It's cool though, I like watching 3rd string RB's run for 150 on us. I mean why change right? Let's take another QB that won't beat out Austin Davis for the backup role this year. I mean lets. All in here.
Who is saying these QBs are 3rd round grades (or whatever you said before)?
-
Is Blake Bortles in this draft? If so I might stand corrected but people pretty much said Bortles might take a year or two but that he was NFL ready from day one. Same with Mariota. NOBODY is saying that about either of these guys. The combine reporters made it abundantly clear that these guys were being way over reached on.
"Bortles is not the best quarterback in this draft class. He's not nearly as ready to step in and play from day one "
"As Bortles continues to develop his field vision and anticipation, he could turn into a good starter in the NFL. Thus, Bortles would be better off sitting behind a veteran to start out his rookie year. "
http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2014bbortles.php#dMVXcBGuum657DdO.99
"Mariota needs development, so it may not benefit him to start immediately."
http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2015mmariota.php#fyCFz4DoicDcoPib.99
"Mariota is a project, more so than a regular draft prospect."
I'm sure there are more, but I'm at work so only have a few minutes. Literally every article I've read has Goff and Wentz going minimum top-10 (again, apart from OutlierDiggy).
I'm sure there are more, but I'm at work so only have a few minutes. Literally every article I've read has Goff and Wentz going minimum top-10 (again, apart from OutlierDiggy).
Yes....Every mock draft that I've seen has that. No one is dropping these guys out of the top 10. Bosa is not a LB. He's a 4-3 Defensive End and I'm sure he'll be very good in the NFL. But as they all say...you either have your franchise QB or you're still looking for him. There's no inbetween.
-
I know i'm just trolling here, but damn does anyone else cpt shovel pass the 2nd here?
-
FFS, we're finally in a position, after years of being 'just good enough to not be able to draft the top QB' where we can actually have our pick of QBs, and people want to waste that, based on what, a good DE? Sure, Bosa will probably be pro-bowl level or there abouts, but ask JJ Watt how being an elite DE on a team with no QB works out. MVP level play out of him gets his team maybe to 9-7, MVP level play from a QB get their team to the playoffs.
chris, our pick of QB's in a draft class where people are blatantly stating all of these guys are 2nd round talent. C'mon dude ffs. You want to waste the first pick on a guy who might not be much better than JM. Sorry i'm not into it. Not when our defense is SHIT!! I'm tired of watching our defense give up 150yds a game. Way more tired of that than our QB play which imo isn't our biggest deficiency. The QB's we have aren't going to win us a SB but ffs would this team make a deep playoff run with Tom Brady as our QB? NO!!! And I know that cause we saw in the playoffs what Tom Brady looked like when his protection broke down. Which would be a weekly situation for him here in Cleveland.
Find a relatively recent article by a legitimate talking head that says these are 2nd round guys.chris, our pick of QB's in a draft class where people are blatantly stating all of these guys are 2nd round talent. C'mon dude ffs. You want to waste the first pick on a guy who might not be much better than JM. Sorry i'm not into it. Not when our defense is SHIT!! I'm tired of watching our defense give up 150yds a game. Way more tired of that than our QB play which imo isn't our biggest deficiency. The QB's we have aren't going to win us a SB but ffs would this team make a deep playoff run with Tom Brady as our QB? NO!!! And I know that cause we saw in the playoffs what Tom Brady looked like when his protection broke down. Which would be a weekly situation for him here in Cleveland.
Once again, both Goff and Wentz have almost the EXACT same profile grades as Winston and Mariota.
Jesus, people are so incapable of taking on any new information it's insane.
Also I'm not sure how taking Bosa would boost our QB'a protection. Is he playing OL too?
-
The amount of wrong you are on almost every point in this thread is hilarious.
-
Who (apart from EmDiggy for some reason) is saying that? Because I'm yet to read anything like that.
Yeah it'd suck if we had a Blake Bortles type of player on our hands. I'd hate it so much if we drafted a guy and he took a whole year to develop in to a franchise level QB. That would be terrible, I don't know how I'd cope. You're right, let's pick a DL at 2 in one of the deepest DL drafts in living memory.

all of those defensive players will be gone by 32 sooooo. And Bosa is the best one of them. I would have been happy with Smith though too cause we are desperately in need of a stud LB'er as we are in need of an edge rusher/protector.
all of those defensive players will be gone by 32 sooooo. And Bosa is the best one of them. I would have been happy with Smith though too cause we are desperately in need of a stud LB'er as we are in need of an edge rusher/protector.
I agree that our Defensive position(s) of greatest need will be gone by 32, but there will still be high quality D available.
Personally I am hoping for Rankings... a DT that looks like an impact 3-4 DE to me.
-
all of those defensive players will be gone by 32 sooooo. And Bosa is the best one of them. I would have been happy with Smith though too cause we are desperately in need of a stud LB'er as we are in need of an edge rusher/protector.
I agree that our Defensive position(s) of greatest need will be gone by 32, but there will still be high quality D available.
Personally I am hoping for Rankings... a DT that looks like an impact 3-4 DE to me.
I agree that our Defensive position(s) of greatest need will be gone by 32, but there will still be high quality D available.
Personally I am hoping for Rankings... a DT that looks like an impact 3-4 DE to me.
i'm not saying we can't get some "decent' talent at 32, but from all the projections i've seen alot of teams need front seven players so the top 15 or so defensive players will very likely be off the board by 32. Not saying we can't find a nice piece at 32 but he will need some time. The guys that will produce and shore up our run defense right now, will likely by gone by 32. Do the Browns have a history of developing defensive players like, for instance...the Steelers? I wish to god we developed a program that could take raw talent like Harrison and turn him into a top 5 or better player at his position.
-
The amount of wrong you are on almost every point in this thread is hilarious.
The amount of wrong you are on almost every point in this thread is hilarious.
aren't you a ginger too? makes sense now.
-
I agree that our Defensive position(s) of greatest need will be gone by 32, but there will still be high quality D available.
Personally I am hoping for Rankings... a DT that looks like an impact 3-4 DE to me.
i'm not saying we can't get some "decent' talent at 32, but from all the projections i've seen alot of teams need front seven players so the top 15 or so defensive players will very likely be off the board by 32. Not saying we can't find a nice piece at 32 but he will need some time. The guys that will produce and shore up our run defense right now, will likely by gone by 32. Do the Browns have a history of developing defensive players like, for instance...the Steelers? I wish to god we developed a program that could take raw talent like Harrison and turn him into a top 5 or better player at his position.
i'm not saying we can't get some "decent' talent at 32, but from all the projections i've seen alot of teams need front seven players so the top 15 or so defensive players will very likely be off the board by 32. Not saying we can't find a nice piece at 32 but he will need some time. The guys that will produce and shore up our run defense right now, will likely by gone by 32. Do the Browns have a history of developing defensive players like, for instance...the Steelers? I wish to god we developed a program that could take raw talent like Harrison and turn him into a top 5 or better player at his position.
We don't have a recent history of developing anything... at least not anything positive. That will take staff continuity.
But as for this coming season... I think Rankins has plug in potential and would contribute Game 1. What I do not expect is that his contribution will translate into a significant increase in our 2016 record... a trap I think many fall into... over and over... and over...
-
The amount of wrong you are on almost every point in this thread is hilarious.
aren't you a ginger too? makes sense now.
aren't you a ginger too? makes sense now.
Look, another wrong thing you said. It's getting hard to keep track.
-
bosa is as smart as a bag of hair.
hey, i'm a OSU homer too, but when you got #2 and you need a QB there should be no doubt about the move. AND you're talking about a HC who is a QB guy so.............
say goodbye to 'joey bag o' donuts bosa'.
-
we'll be so stupid not to take him if he's there at #2. Looking at his pad drills he's as strong and explosive as these 290lb guys and drops back like a LB'er in coverage. That kind of versatility is freakish. He's only going to get stronger and faster too. He's the consensus best edge rusher in the draft now. Couple that with what we've seen him do in run defense and he's a no brainer. If we're keeping all our guys from last year than really we can afford to basically make him added depth for a year and then we should be comfortable getting rid of some guys (kruger) the following year.
I know we need a QB but if we're gonna project a guy wait till the 32. And if we get Kaepernick, please anybody stop with the notion of taking a QB with the 2nd pick. If you think we still need to pass on defensive player, with our shit defense, at #2 when we have Kaepernick on staff.....I question what you know of football. Forget about a single guy, ie Bosa....we just need to draft defense. We need to build a young defense and stop signing these over the hill overpaid jagoffs looking for their last big paychecks on work they did for other teams. We just can't do this anymore.
FFS, we're finally in a position, after years of being 'just good enough to not be able to draft the top QB' where we can actually have our pick of QBs, and people want to waste that, based on what, a good DE? Sure, Bosa will probably be pro-bowl level or there abouts, but ask JJ Watt how being an elite DE on a team with no QB works out. MVP level play out of him gets his team maybe to 9-7, MVP level play from a QB get their team to the playoffs.
FFS, we're finally in a position, after years of being 'just good enough to not be able to draft the top QB' where we can actually have our pick of QBs, and people want to waste that, based on what, a good DE? Sure, Bosa will probably be pro-bowl level or there abouts, but ask JJ Watt how being an elite DE on a team with no QB works out. MVP level play out of him gets his team maybe to 9-7, MVP level play from a QB get their team to the playoffs.
Problem: No QB in this draft can likely be anywhere near an automatic Pro Bowl level player.
It is all potential, for sure.....but what we need is the player with the best potential......not just a guy because we have need at that position.
-
To be clear, this isn't an EJ Manuel/Geno Smith kind of year and if you think it is, well, you're wrong.
-
Wentz played in and WON two national championships! Mariotta LOST the only one he played in.....
Wentz may sit some next year so what! The point is this is a deeeeeep DL/LB draft! We neeeeed a QB
And #2 is where we can get one that's AFC north worthy. Unless you want Hackensack or Jones or.....
Choose another LOSER in rd 3or 4 to ride the bench for at least two years or more
Wentz played in and WON two national championships! Mariotta LOST the only one he played in.....
Wentz may sit some next year so what! The point is this is a deeeeeep DL/LB draft! We neeeeed a QB
And #2 is where we can get one that's AFC north worthy. Unless you want Hackensack or Jones or.....
Choose another LOSER in rd 3or 4 to ride the bench for at least two years or more
(Hint: Hackenberg and Jones may actually prove out to be better pros than Wentz/Goff....it could happen)
-
I'm sure there are more, but I'm at work so only have a few minutes. Literally every article I've read has Goff and Wentz going minimum top-10 (again, apart from OutlierDiggy).
Yup... you, I and others have been putting these facts in front of Cleve, Gipper and others for weeks... hasn't gotten through yet.
Why expect it to now?
Yup... you, I and others have been putting these facts in front of Cleve, Gipper and others for weeks... hasn't gotten through yet.
Why expect it to now?
You have absolutely NO facts to "put out" that can prove anything. So EmDiggy....a guy that actually played football....and guy that analyses football for a living agrees with me that these guys are overreached.
NOTHING will be proved about these guys until a few years from now......they could turn out to be the next best thing to the Eli/Rivers/BR draft.....or it may be Gabbert and Locker and Ponder.
Call me in about 3 years and we...you/me/the world...will know something more by then.
-
Just Diggy. About every mock out there has us taking Goff or Wentz at #2.
Again.....there is a difference between making a talent evaluation....and making a mock draft. These QBs are mocked to the Browns because of their dire need for a QB....not because they are the next coming of Aaron Rodgers.
-
Where is ole Gipper?Having a life.
-
Welcome back... I guess...
No, you are right....more Blaine Gabbert/Christian Ponder/Jake Locker kind of year.
NOTHING will be proved about these guys until a few years from now......they could turn out to be the next best thing to the Eli/Rivers/BR draft.....or it may be Gabbert and Locker and Ponder.
You left "may" out of the first quote.
-
Wentz played in and WON two national championships! Mariotta LOST the only one he played in.....
Wentz may sit some next year so what! The point is this is a deeeeeep DL/LB draft! We neeeeed a QB
And #2 is where we can get one that's AFC north worthy. Unless you want Hackensack or Jones or.....
Choose another LOSER in rd 3or 4 to ride the bench for at least two years or more
(Hint: Hackenberg and Jones may actually prove out to be better pros than Wentz/Goff....it could happen)
(Hint: Hackenberg and Jones may actually prove out to be better pros than Wentz/Goff....it could happen)
It could happen!! My aunt could be my uncle...hint;but she don't have balls
-
I guess the real question is more than OLB.
Can he drop back in coverage?
Can he defend the run?
Is he durable for a 16 game season?
Can he sniff out the screen?
Can he rush the passer?
Is he a locker room guy/gym rat?
Is he smart? (lol at miktoxic btw)
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login