Skip to content

Can Bosa actually play OLB'er?

The Browns Board
164 26 6.3k
  • @gftchris said:

    He throws a mean back shoulder fade as well.

    But how big are his hands?

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #73

    @logicisforsquares said:

    But how big are his hands?

    "The guy is 6'5", 270lbs, he's blue chip, blue collar, he's built for the AFC north, comes from a great program and had great production in college"

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    But how big are his hands?

    "The guy is 6'5", 270lbs, he's blue chip, blue collar, he's built for the AFC north, comes from a great program and had great production in college"

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #74

    @gftchris said:

    "The guy is 6'5", 270lbs, he's blue chip, blue collar, he's built for the AFC north, comes from a great program and had great production in college"

    All defenses are the same and not much different from offense. Play him at QB.

  • @gftchris said:

    "The guy is 6'5", 270lbs, he's blue chip, blue collar, he's built for the AFC north, comes from a great program and had great production in college"

    All defenses are the same and not much different from offense. Play him at QB.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #75

    @logicisforsquares said:

    All defenses are the same and not much different from offense. Play him at QB.

    I bet he's a heckuva full back. Maybe he can play TE?

  • @clevfan4life said:

    at the start of the combine the guys on TV at the NFL network went out of their way to say look these guys cannot nor will not see the field next year. They didn't shit on them, but they made it clear these guys were no where near ready to step on the field under any but the most dire of circumstances. I believe one of the older guys even said that because of a need these guys might go high but, in his words, it "will" be an overreach. The panel agreed with him. They didn't say these guys were shit, just said they were not worth where they probably would get picked cause teams were desperate....ie the Browns, whose name was brought up as a distinct possibility.

    Nobody said these guys wouldn't be good NFL QB's to be clear. They just said they're not worth anywhere near top 10 picks based on just pure BPA. So i'm sorry after years of doing this shit I want BPA. I want players on this team that produce now. Bosa, Spence, Buckner...all could still be misses. But I'd rather roll the dice on guys that not just played against the best talent in the league but also showed that they're fundamentals stayed intact even under duress.

    At the start of the combine, the guys on TV said that Carson Wentz and Jared Goff would be the next Peyton Manning and Tom Brady and that Carson Wentz will finish his career with a 100% completion percentage and Jared Goff will switch to lefty halfway through his career because throwing with his right hand just isn't fair.

    This is really easy.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #76

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    At the start of the combine, the guys on TV said that Carson Wentz and Jared Goff would be the next Peyton Manning and Tom Brady...

    Respectively??? Details are important...

    @logicisforsquares said:

    But how big are his hands?

    10-1/4"... nearly as big as his nose...

  • @gftchris said:

    He throws a mean back shoulder fade as well.

    But how big are his hands?

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #77

    @logicisforsquares said:

    But how big are his hands?

    Bigger then Trumps?

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    But how big are his hands?

    Bigger then Trumps?

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #78

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Bigger then Trumps?

    Rubio patted himself on the back.

  • @the-gipper said:

    The answer is: yes.

    How about the correct answer?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #79

    @gftchris said:

    How about the correct answer?

    Yes.

  • One Post From the Truth said:

    Thanks. I guess he is the real deal then now the question....BPA or team need?

    You know, if this was Belichick evaluating carson or wentz and drafting one of them for the Browns....ok in that case i'd give Belichick the benefit of the doubt even though you know he'd want one of these defensive studs in this draft. THe Browns are like 0-40 on QB's in the last 17 years, so no I don't trust a single person in Berea that would say trust us he's "the guy" despite what you all see on tape. So yeah for me it's BPA. We've drafted for "need" too much the last couple years and that's why we have almost ZERO talent on both sides of the ball. Embarrassingly little talent on this team. I get it, they "thought' they were getting that talent in FA. But they didn't we know that now. So no more signing any players that are past their rookie deals. I'm sorry but that's how I see it. Draft BPA unless you already have some major talent at that position than draft the next best player. Get playermakers on this team or people are going to very shortly stop giving a shit about the Browns.

    mohicanM mohican wrote on last edited by
    #80

    @clevfan4life said:

    You know, if this was Belichick evaluating carson or wentz and drafting one of them for the Browns....ok in that case i'd give Belichick the benefit of the doubt even though you know he'd want one of these defensive studs in this draft. THe Browns are like 0-40 on QB's in the last 17 years, so no I don't trust a single person in Berea that would say trust us he's "the guy" despite what you all see on tape. So yeah for me it's BPA. We've drafted for "need" too much the last couple years and that's why we have almost ZERO talent on both sides of the ball. Embarrassingly little talent on this team. I get it, they "thought' they were getting that talent in FA. But they didn't we know that now. So no more signing any players that are past their rookie deals. I'm sorry but that's how I see it. Draft BPA unless you already have some major talent at that position than draft the next best player. Get playermakers on this team or people are going to very shortly stop giving a shit about the Browns.

    But now we have Sushi and Hoo and analytics to help the Browns along.

    As far as I'm concerned, if Bosa get's past Tn at #1, we should take him as BPA.

  • BrownsnMoparB BrownsnMopar wrote on last edited by
    #81

    Ok...just to play the devils advocate game....with the #2 pick in the 2016 NFL draft the Cleveland Browns select DE Joey Bosa....now how does the Bosa pick dictate the rest of our draft...I really want opinions...thanks for playing!!! GO BROWNS

  • Ok...just to play the devils advocate game....with the #2 pick in the 2016 NFL draft the Cleveland Browns select DE Joey Bosa....now how does the Bosa pick dictate the rest of our draft...I really want opinions...thanks for playing!!! GO BROWNS

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #82

    @brownsnmopar said:

    Ok...just to play the devils advocate game....with the #2 pick in the 2016 NFL draft the Cleveland Browns select DE Joey Bosa....now how does the Bosa pick dictate the rest of our draft...I really want opinions...thanks for playing!!! GO BROWNS

    If that happens, then it would be apparent that the new regime firmly believes in BPA, so it would be impossible to predict the other picks. I'm sure a QB would be a pick somewhere, but who knows when that would be.

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #83

    If it's Bosa at #2, it's McCown as the guy for the season. Nobody available at #32 will at any point be worthy of starting this year. You could look probably at WR in the early second, someone like Docston or Thomas will be around there, maybe DB in the third, it's a deep group that will have plenty to offer at that stage.

  • Ok...just to play the devils advocate game....with the #2 pick in the 2016 NFL draft the Cleveland Browns select DE Joey Bosa....now how does the Bosa pick dictate the rest of our draft...I really want opinions...thanks for playing!!! GO BROWNS

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #84

    @brownsnmopar said:

    Ok...just to play the devils advocate game....with the #2 pick in the 2016 NFL draft the Cleveland Browns select DE Joey Bosa....now how does the Bosa pick dictate the rest of our draft...I really want opinions...thanks for playing!!! GO BROWNS

    Too damn many variables right now... resigning our FAs... signing others FAs...

    I think I can create reasonably realistic BPA puddles at our picks, but wouldn't know which player to pull based upon value.

  • @brownsnmopar said:

    Ok...just to play the devils advocate game....with the #2 pick in the 2016 NFL draft the Cleveland Browns select DE Joey Bosa....now how does the Bosa pick dictate the rest of our draft...I really want opinions...thanks for playing!!! GO BROWNS

    Too damn many variables right now... resigning our FAs... signing others FAs...

    I think I can create reasonably realistic BPA puddles at our picks, but wouldn't know which player to pull based upon value.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #85

    @tour2ma said:

    Too damn many variables right now... resigning our FAs... signing others FAs...

    I think I can create reasonably realistic BPA puddles at our picks, but wouldn't know which player to pull based upon value.

    Agree.....all along I have thought we just need to go BPA. Drafting for need has historically gotten nothing we need.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #86

    We could a MLB'er potentially with the #32 pick. Would signify a solid commitment to defense and stopping that mother fucking run.

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #87

    I would like to see us sign Danny Trevathon in FA for that kind of role.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #88

    wouldn't be upset with Trevathan

  • @clevfan4life said:

    You know, if this was Belichick evaluating carson or wentz and drafting one of them for the Browns....ok in that case i'd give Belichick the benefit of the doubt even though you know he'd want one of these defensive studs in this draft. THe Browns are like 0-40 on QB's in the last 17 years, so no I don't trust a single person in Berea that would say trust us he's "the guy" despite what you all see on tape. So yeah for me it's BPA. We've drafted for "need" too much the last couple years and that's why we have almost ZERO talent on both sides of the ball. Embarrassingly little talent on this team. I get it, they "thought' they were getting that talent in FA. But they didn't we know that now. So no more signing any players that are past their rookie deals. I'm sorry but that's how I see it. Draft BPA unless you already have some major talent at that position than draft the next best player. Get playermakers on this team or people are going to very shortly stop giving a shit about the Browns.

    But now we have Sushi and Hoo and analytics to help the Browns along.

    As far as I'm concerned, if Bosa get's past Tn at #1, we should take him as BPA.

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #89

    @mohican said:

    But now we have Sushi and Hoo and analytics to help the Browns along.

    As far as I'm concerned, if Bosa get's past Tn at #1, we should take him as BPA.

    God I seriously hope Hue soaked up some AFC north know how from his time in Cincy with Lewis. Gotta have that mean ass defense first.

  • @mohican said:

    But now we have Sushi and Hoo and analytics to help the Browns along.

    As far as I'm concerned, if Bosa get's past Tn at #1, we should take him as BPA.

    God I seriously hope Hue soaked up some AFC north know how from his time in Cincy with Lewis. Gotta have that mean ass defense first.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #90

    @clevfan4life said:

    God I seriously hope Hue soaked up some AFC north know how from his time in Cincy with Lewis. Gotta have that mean ass defense first.

    And Baltimore.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #91

    Three for Tre(e)... vathan that is...

    But which ILB will be at 32 and worth that pick, Cleve?

    • Ragland hurt his stock at the Combine, but will still go in the first...
    • Brothers? Seems reach-ish at 32 even if I was a fan...
    • And while I'm admittedly not a big fan of the Day 2 "players" like Scooby and Matakevich, not sure even their fans see them at 32.

    WVU's Kwiatoski popped at the Combine, but yet to see his tape and he's a Day 3 guy.

    Of OLB convert candidates, I do like Schobert... but not at 32....

  • Three for Tre(e)... vathan that is...

    But which ILB will be at 32 and worth that pick, Cleve?

    • Ragland hurt his stock at the Combine, but will still go in the first...
    • Brothers? Seems reach-ish at 32 even if I was a fan...
    • And while I'm admittedly not a big fan of the Day 2 "players" like Scooby and Matakevich, not sure even their fans see them at 32.

    WVU's Kwiatoski popped at the Combine, but yet to see his tape and he's a Day 3 guy.

    Of OLB convert candidates, I do like Schobert... but not at 32....

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #92

    @tour2ma said:

    Three for Tre(e)... vathan that is...

    But which ILB will be at 32 and worth that pick, Cleve?

    I haven't really yet looked into whats going to be available with that 32 pick. I just have been reading that it's a deep draft for defense and that there might be a lot of guys going in the 2nd that in other years could have gone in the 1st round.