Skip to content

Mitch Schwartz

The Browns Board
99 25 3.2k
  • @tour2ma said:

    Pulled an offer??? Only way you'd do that is if another, better option had developed...

    Or they decided to blow it up after Mack and Benjamin left. Not saying I believe that, just a thought.

    @mike-h said:

    Or they decided to blow it up after Mack and Benjamin left. Not saying I believe that, just a thought.

    Yeah.. maybe... but not feeling that.

    Not being able to patch the one hole in your boat is no reason to knock another hole in it...

  • I disagree they won't be able to patch it. Greco to C, Erving to G (or Erving to C and Greco stays put), then draft RT and sign a FA.

    I'm not as extremely negative as Ghoolie, but OL play is replaceable.

  • Not what was meant... Of course there are patches. Just none named Mack.

    The point was you don't intentionally compound your issues by creating more issues... not without better alternatives or good reasons.

    Case in point of the latter... It's possible we put an increased offer on the table for Mitch to outbid Team A, and then found out the agent is using our offer to leverage Team B.

  • I agree with that, but I don't think Mack is as irreplaceable as you do, especially at this point in his career. He'll be good for another couple years, but he's reaching his peak/downward arch of his career. And they are building long-term, and starting over, it seems.

    We'll see on Schwartz. Posturing is real.

  • NFL Network guys made a good point. When you are bringing in a rookie QB you have to overpay to protect him and at this point the Browns don't seem to want to pay the price. Implied that if this is indeed what happens, then they will ruin the new QB and be starting over once again. They just cannot discern what the Browns are up to. Can't figure out their "plan".

  • I agree with that, but I don't think Mack is as irreplaceable as you do, especially at this point in his career. He'll be good for another couple years, but he's reaching his peak/downward arch of his career. And they are building long-term, and starting over, it seems.

    We'll see on Schwartz. Posturing is real.

    @mike-h said:

    I agree with that, but I don't think Mack is as irreplaceable as you do, especially at this point in his career. He'll be good for another couple years, but he's reaching his peak/downward arch of his career. And they are building long-term, and starting over, it seems.

    We'll see on Schwartz. Posturing is real.

    Then in that case you must be actively trying to get rid of Mack... 😉 I've never come close to saying Mack is "irreplaceable". I've generated multiple scenarios through FA, draft and shuffling our OL to replace him.

    I've maintained Mitchell was the far more important signing. Why our rookie FO would choose his negotiation to practice posturing is beyond me.

  • Pulled an offer??? Only way you'd do that is if another, better option had developed...

    @tour2ma said:

    Pulled an offer??? Only way you'd do that is if another, better option had developed...

    Word on Schwartz is we had the highest offer on the table and he wants to go "back" to another team(Atl?) and use our price to negotiate....and the Browns said fuck that....

  • @mike-h said:

    I agree with that, but I don't think Mack is as irreplaceable as you do, especially at this point in his career. He'll be good for another couple years, but he's reaching his peak/downward arch of his career. And they are building long-term, and starting over, it seems.

    We'll see on Schwartz. Posturing is real.

    Then in that case you must be actively trying to get rid of Mack... 😉 I've never come close to saying Mack is "irreplaceable". I've generated multiple scenarios through FA, draft and shuffling our OL to replace him.

    I've maintained Mitchell was the far more important signing. Why our rookie FO would choose his negotiation to practice posturing is beyond me.

    @tour2ma said:

    Then in that case you must be actively trying to get rid of Mack... 😉 I've never come close to saying Mack is "irreplaceable". I've generated multiple scenarios through FA, draft and shuffling our OL to replace him.

    I've maintained Mitchell was the far more important signing. Why our rookie FO would choose his negotiation to practice posturing is beyond me.

    Not necessarily, I just see that perspective and don't hate it.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Pulled an offer??? Only way you'd do that is if another, better option had developed...

    Word on Schwartz is we had the highest offer on the table and he wants to go "back" to another team(Atl?) and use our price to negotiate....and the Browns said fuck that....

    @mudfly said:

    Word on Schwartz is we had the highest offer on the table and he wants to go "back" to another team(Atl?) and use our price to negotiate....and the Browns said fuck that....

    That makes sense...

    @mike-h said:

    Not necessarily, I just see that perspective and don't hate it.

    Your sarcasm detector needs a major overhaul...

  • Doing 3 things at once, including "working" -- my bad.

  • Doing 3 things at once, including "working" -- my bad.

    @mike-h said:

    Doing 3 things at once, including "working" -- my bad.

    lol... then it's your priorities that need work... 😉

  • Cannot argue that!

    Sashi's could use some development as well.

  • I'm told the Browns had an offer on the table for RT Mitchell Schwartz... and pulled it. Source close to Schwartz.

    Michael Silver@MikeSilver
    I'm told the Browns had an offer on the table for RT Mitchell Schwartz... and pulled it. Source close to Schwartz.

    @mike-h said:

    I'm told the Browns had an offer on the table for RT Mitchell Schwartz... and pulled it. Source close to Schwartz.

    https://twitter.com/MikeSilver/status/707628610014740480

    Nothing Michael Silver says about the Browns can be trusted. He was the guy caught being completely fallacious about his "the Browns lied" over Johhny's concussion protocol situation. The Browns called him on it...and he basically had to do a non-retraction retraction of his statement. Since then...ANY bad rumor going around about the Browns will be reported by Silver.

    He is NOT a credible source for anything Browns related.

  • As far as Mack is concerned...if the Browns sign Wisniewski....it will be a possible upgrade. Mack flourished in Kyle Shanahan's system....but sucked in Flip's system. So, if they sign him, the Wiz may be a better fit.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Pulled an offer??? Only way you'd do that is if another, better option had developed...

    Word on Schwartz is we had the highest offer on the table and he wants to go "back" to another team(Atl?) and use our price to negotiate....and the Browns said fuck that....

    @mudfly said:

    Word on Schwartz is we had the highest offer on the table and he wants to go "back" to another team(Atl?) and use our price to negotiate....and the Browns said fuck that....

    If true, then I agree. This ain't like (the reverse) buying a car. Dealer A will sell for this much, can you beat it? Either you like the offer, or not. Mack took less money ot go elswhere, Schwartzie may wind up doing the same.

  • Pulling the offer is one move our FO is more than happy to leak.... gives ATL no incentive to up their offer... even to the level we supposedly had on the table.

    Might bring him back to us...

  • True, if teams are simply going to wildly overpay what we are offering, then it's

    smart to wait til we know what they are offering, and try to beat that, instead of

    the Osemele nonsense.

    When we go to auctions, so many times people want something, and they will dang good and well

    outbid others to get it. Even when you can buy the exact same item brand new... for less money.

  • Pulled an offer??? Only way you'd do that is if another, better option had developed...

    @tour2ma said:

    Pulled an offer??? Only way you'd do that is if another, better option had developed...

    That's what I was thinking. Only issue is, I can't see a better option in my short sighted moment.

  • It's obviously VERY early, but it feels like we're steamrolling up shit's creek.

  • Wisniewski is a must right now