Top 5 living Rock Icons
-
With so many deaths having happened, who are the Top 5 living Rock n Roll Icons? (Individuals, not acts):
One list:
Chuck Berry
Bob Dylan
Paul McCartney
Mick Jagger
And I can't decide between Pete Townshend, Eric Clapton and Brian Wilson
Follow up 5:
Springsteen
Page/Plant
Elton John
Neil Young
Paul Simon
-
Eddie Van Halen
James Hetfield
Lemmy Kilmister
Sting
Steve Adler... I met him one day he's cool that's why he's on my list.
-
Lemmy is not alive
-
Eric Clapton
Bob Dylan
Paul McCartney
Ozzy Ozbourne
James Hetfield
-
With so many deaths having happened, who are the Top 5 living Rock n Roll Icons? (Individuals, not acts):
One list:
Chuck Berry
Bob Dylan
Paul McCartney
Mick Jagger
And I can't decide between Pete Townshend, Eric Clapton and Brian Wilson
Follow up 5:
Springsteen
Page/Plant
Elton John
Neil Young
Paul Simon
With so many deaths having happened, who are the Top 5 living Rock n Roll Icons? (Individuals, not acts):
One list:
Chuck Berry
Bob Dylan
Paul McCartney
Mick Jagger
And I can't decide between Pete Townshend, Eric Clapton and Brian Wilson
Follow up 5:
Springsteen
Page/Plant
Elton John
Neil Young
Paul Simon
Wow, Gipper, a great question / Survey
Of course, what do you define as 'Rock'
FWIW, I am trying to add to your list. I am not saying I don't agree with your names. However there will probably be 50 worthy candidates for the Top 10
To me the most iconic R&Rer has to be Mick Jagger. Hands down.
In no particular order (and some quick brainstorming):
Smokey Robinson
Jerry Lee Lewis
Van Morrison
Greg Allman
Billy Joel
-
No love for jimmy page?
-
-
With so many deaths having happened, who are the Top 5 living Rock n Roll Icons? (Individuals, not acts):
One list:
Chuck Berry
Bob Dylan
Paul McCartney
Mick Jagger
And I can't decide between Pete Townshend, Eric Clapton and Brian Wilson
Follow up 5:
Springsteen
Page/Plant
Elton John
Neil Young
Paul Simon
Wow, Gipper, a great question / Survey
Of course, what do you define as 'Rock'
FWIW, I am trying to add to your list. I am not saying I don't agree with your names. However there will probably be 50 worthy candidates for the Top 10
To me the most iconic R&Rer has to be Mick Jagger. Hands down.
In no particular order (and some quick brainstorming):
Smokey Robinson
Jerry Lee Lewis
Van Morrison
Greg Allman
Billy Joel
Celebrate the living.... good idea...
FWIW, I am trying to add to your list. I am not saying I don't agree with your names. However there will probably be 50 worthy candidates for the Top 10
Pretty much my usual count...
Let's see...
- Mick...
- Peter Gabriel
- Rick Ray Davies
- Neil Young
- Joe Walsh
-
Ya that's right what was I thinking?Lemmy is not alive
-
Eddie Van Halen
James Hetfield
Lemmy Kilmister
Sting
Steve Adler... I met him one day he's cool that's why he's on my list.
One Post From the Truth said:
Eddie Van Halen
James Hetfield
Lemmy Kilmister
Sting
Steve Adler... I met him one day he's cool that's why he's on my list.
How can someone be a icon if a lot of us have never heard of them? As is the case with half of these guys. (Besides...isn't this Lemmy guy among The Departed?)
-
No love for jimmy page?
No love for jimmy page?
I put Page and Plant together in my second 5.
-
I think the point of this is to list who the greatest living Rock Icons are.....not who you may like the best.
I don't know who James Hetfield is. Or Rick Davies. While I may be a bit out of touch with certain genres of music....to be an icon, I think you have to have your name known by the general public pretty much.
-
I think Rick Davies is the Supertramp guy. I don't think they're iconic but they are important. Hetfield is Metallica, who I would place closer to the icons list.
WSS
-
I think Rick Davies is the Supertramp guy. I don't think they're iconic but they are important. Hetfield is Metallica, who I would place closer to the icons list.
WSS
I think Rick Davies is the Supertramp guy. I don't think they're iconic but they are important. Hetfield is Metallica, who I would place closer to the icons list.
WSS
Like I said, the fact that you have to explain who they are takes them out of Icon status...imo.
I mean....if you want a metal hair band icon....the guy from Whitesnake....David Copperhead/Cloverfield or whatever would be more iconic.
-
No, I think iconic is across the board and transgenerational. I have my own favorites but don't consider them to be iconic in the sense that Chuck Berry or Elvis Presley or the Beatles or Frank Sinatra are icons.
WSS
-
Celebrate the living.... good idea...
FWIW, I am trying to add to your list. I am not saying I don't agree with your names. However there will probably be 50 worthy candidates for the Top 10
Pretty much my usual count...
Let's see...
- Mick...
- Peter Gabriel
- Rick Ray Davies
- Neil Young
- Joe Walsh
- Rick Davies
Typo?.....possibly you mean Ray Davies?....
I think the point of this is to list who the greatest living Rock Icons are.....not who you may like the best.
I don't know who James Hetfield is. Or Rick Davies. While I may be a bit out of touch with certain genres of music....to be an icon, I think you have to have your name known by the general public pretty much.
Id say it's generational to a point......though, I agree that the top 5 should be known by just about everyone.....
Mine are....
1) McCartney - Ringo
2) Jagger - Richards
3) Page - Plant
4) Clapton
5) Elton John
Runners up: Alice Cooper, Prince, Sting, Neil Young, Paul Simon, Madonna, Springsteen, David Gilmore, Townsend and Daltrey are probably all in the conversation too....
-
I find it interesting that neither Carlos Santana nor Rod Stewart have been mentioned, including my list.
-
I find it interesting that neither Carlos Santana nor Rod Stewart have been mentioned, including my list.
I find it interesting that neither Carlos Santana nor Rod Stewart have been mentioned, including my list.
I can see Santana for sure....Rod Stewart?....not as much....
-
I find it interesting that neither Carlos Santana nor Rod Stewart have been mentioned, including my list.
I can see Santana for sure....Rod Stewart?....not as much....
-
Mick Jagger
Paul McCartney
Elton John
Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys
Eric Clapton
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login