Skip to content

How likely, now, do you'all think it is, that the Browns trade down from #2?

The Browns Board
96 28 3.4k
  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #62

    Browns won't trade down. Kaep won't take a pay cut, he won't come to Browns, and the pick will be Tunsil.

    ..Because the Titans will take Ramsey.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #63

    lynch is prob the worse QB in the draft behind connor cock.

    this regime WILL draft either wentz or goff. book it now suckers.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #64

    Lynch could be good in a few years.... if he's there at 32, I'll be shocked.

    and I think Kaep is just playing the Browns to get a good deal from Denver.

    We already have a veteran qb that wants to be here, is a great teammate and mentor,

    and threw for 451 yds in a game vs the ratbirds, I think it was.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #65

    The 2016 Gruden’s QB Camp class features:

    • Jared Goff (California),
    • Carson Wentz (North Dakota State),
    • Connor Cook (Michigan State),
    • Christian Hackenberg (Penn State),
    • Cardale Jones (Ohio State),
    • Paxton Lynch (Memphis), and
    • Dak Prescott (Mississippi State).
  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #66

    Who is taking 3 Qbs? If we pass on one of them - I don't think both Goff and Wentz and Lynch goes before the second round... who is taking all these QBs if we pass. Id wager that if the Browns pass on a QB it sets off a chain reaction and only ONE, if that, goes in the first round. What teams NEED at QB that bad that they would burn a first round pick on one of these guys over the abundance of talent available in the first round?

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #67

    Most teams have their QB from years past... or have acquired talented QBs to fit their system, this is the year to build outside the QB. There are players. Elliot, Treadwell, Bosa, Tunsil, At least a handful of D-line and a couple players in the secondary that will make the first round. There's some good WRs. There is a beast TE that will be gone by the second. There is Jack and then you have ostrich looking Goff with his skinny jeans and arms. Then you have Wentz... don't draft the young version of Brandon Weeden. Wentz in Cleveland is just too much orange. Then when the Bengals and Browns play it can be the match of the NFL's red-headed stepchildren... I'm gonna vomit.

    Bosa makes the Browns Defense Elite. Shelton and Bosa with Desmond Bryants' big ass, on the line. You put Kruger or Mingo on the other side and that QB isn't going anywhere but down.

    For the QB hungry guys, We get Lynch at the top of the bottom of the first. Who is spending a first rounder on Lynch- besides the Browns? Once you get to the 20's no team up there need a QB.

  • Most teams have their QB from years past... or have acquired talented QBs to fit their system, this is the year to build outside the QB. There are players. Elliot, Treadwell, Bosa, Tunsil, At least a handful of D-line and a couple players in the secondary that will make the first round. There's some good WRs. There is a beast TE that will be gone by the second. There is Jack and then you have ostrich looking Goff with his skinny jeans and arms. Then you have Wentz... don't draft the young version of Brandon Weeden. Wentz in Cleveland is just too much orange. Then when the Bengals and Browns play it can be the match of the NFL's red-headed stepchildren... I'm gonna vomit.

    Bosa makes the Browns Defense Elite. Shelton and Bosa with Desmond Bryants' big ass, on the line. You put Kruger or Mingo on the other side and that QB isn't going anywhere but down.

    For the QB hungry guys, We get Lynch at the top of the bottom of the first. Who is spending a first rounder on Lynch- besides the Browns? Once you get to the 20's no team up there need a QB.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #68

    @poeticg said:

    Bosa makes the Browns Defense Elite. Shelton and Bosa with Desmond Bryants' big ass, on the line. You put Kruger or Mingo on the other side and that QB isn't going anywhere down.

    For the QB hungry guys, We get Lynch at the top of the bottom of the first. Who is spending a first rounder on Lynch- besides the Browns? Once you get to the 20's no team up there need a QB.

    So...cross off Bosa and Lynch as being good NFL players. They've received the PoG seal of suckage like Richardson and Manziel.

  • The 2016 Gruden’s QB Camp class features:

    • Jared Goff (California),
    • Carson Wentz (North Dakota State),
    • Connor Cook (Michigan State),
    • Christian Hackenberg (Penn State),
    • Cardale Jones (Ohio State),
    • Paxton Lynch (Memphis), and
    • Dak Prescott (Mississippi State).
    darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
    #69

    @tour2ma said:

    The 2016 Gruden’s QB Camp class features:

    • Jared Goff (California),
    • Carson Wentz (North Dakota State),
    • Connor Cook (Michigan State),
    • Christian Hackenberg (Penn State),
    • Cardale Jones (Ohio State),
    • Paxton Lynch (Memphis), and
    • Dak Prescott (Mississippi State).

    Will Dak roll up with a 12 pack of Goose Island IPA ?

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #70

    I said NOT to draft Manziel. We could have gotten Mack and Carr like the Raiders did....

    So now, 2 years later... maybe now you'll listen to me.

    Mack and Carr

    Bosa and Lynch.

    Please note. I like Bosa more than I liked Mack but I liked Carr way, way more than Lynch.

    I don't care if they take Lynch or not. Just if we are going to take one, I hope it's in at the earliest in the second and it's Lynch and not Goff or Wentz.

  • I said NOT to draft Manziel. We could have gotten Mack and Carr like the Raiders did....

    So now, 2 years later... maybe now you'll listen to me.

    Mack and Carr

    Bosa and Lynch.

    Please note. I like Bosa more than I liked Mack but I liked Carr way, way more than Lynch.

    I don't care if they take Lynch or not. Just if we are going to take one, I hope it's in at the earliest in the second and it's Lynch and not Goff or Wentz.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #71

    @poeticg said:

    I said NOT to draft Manziel. We could have gotten Mack and Carr like the Raiders did....

    And then you spent two years sucking Manziels dick...

  • @poeticg said:

    I said NOT to draft Manziel. We could have gotten Mack and Carr like the Raiders did....

    And then you spent two years sucking Manziels dick...

    darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
    #72

    @mark-o said:

    And then you spent two years sucking Manziels dick...

    H would of tasted nothing as Manziel was wearing a Johnny

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #73

    the PoG QB kiss of death list (with a RB thrown in for the hell of it):

    colt mccoy

    trent richardson

    brandon weeden

    johnny football

    etc. etc. etc.

    yeah i liked carr too but that's like saying i liked joe montana 3 years after he was drafted.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #74

    Brandon Weeden? Colt McCoy was my choice, Weeden the 30 year old QB, no thanks.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #75

    Colt McCoy... who just resigned, what a backup QB to have! I'd still have him on the roster today.

    Richardson is making a comeback.

    Mack was selected to the probowl for 2 different positions.

    Carr is a Franchise QB.

    Mathieu is an all-pro.

    I made the best of Manziel. Hard to defend him when he's such a dumbshit, but hey, he was our QB. He's not anymore. It's sad to me because he could have been something special... and to see those fall from grace, from having the world on a string... that brings me no joy.

    I'm still behind Gilbert though, somebodies got to pan out. I think Danny will be good for a long time. I don't know about Cam Erving. Hope he has the 'want to' to fill Mack's shoes.

  • lynch is prob the worse QB in the draft behind connor cock.

    this regime WILL draft either wentz or goff. book it now suckers.

    One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #76

    @miktoxic said:

    lynch is prob the worse QB in the draft behind connor cock.

    this regime WILL draft either wentz or goff. book it now suckers.

    Lynch is no where near the worst qb in this draft.
  • @miktoxic said:

    lynch is prob the worse QB in the draft behind connor cock.

    this regime WILL draft either wentz or goff. book it now suckers.

    Lynch is no where near the worst qb in this draft.
    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #77

    One Post From the Truth said:

    Lynch is no where near the worst qb in this draft.

    yeah i didn't mean it literally, just busting someone's balls.

    if i were the browns though and he was sitting there staring at you and you hadn't picked a QB yet, just keep looking down the player list and wait until next year.

    i wouldn't touch that yokel with a 10' pole.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #78

    Don't overlook the possibility of Hue Jackson going to the EM Diggy list in the middle rounds.

    WSS

  • lynch is prob the worse QB in the draft behind connor cock.

    this regime WILL draft either wentz or goff. book it now suckers.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #79

    @miktoxic said:

    lynch is prob the worse QB in the draft behind connor cock.

    this regime WILL draft either wentz or goff. book it now suckers.

    Probably...if the Kaepernick deal doesn't happen....and it looks less and less likely that it will.

  • Lynch could be good in a few years.... if he's there at 32, I'll be shocked.

    and I think Kaep is just playing the Browns to get a good deal from Denver.

    We already have a veteran qb that wants to be here, is a great teammate and mentor,

    and threw for 451 yds in a game vs the ratbirds, I think it was.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #80

    @calfoxwc said:

    Lynch could be good in a few years.... if he's there at 32, I'll be shocked.

    and I think Kaep is just playing the Browns to get a good deal from Denver.

    We already have a veteran qb that wants to be here, is a great teammate and mentor,

    and threw for 451 yds in a game vs the ratbirds, I think it was.

    But....is Denver asking him to take a pay cut as the Browns are? Denver was not offering the pick the Browns were....which was the holdup there iirc. They want a 2d rounder out of Kaep. Too much.

    Is Kaep's agent asking for the same concession from Denver: no pay cut...as he is from the Browns?

    Come April 1 and he is released, is it all moot anyway....except for the cap hit the Niners must take?

  • Who is taking 3 Qbs? If we pass on one of them - I don't think both Goff and Wentz and Lynch goes before the second round... who is taking all these QBs if we pass. Id wager that if the Browns pass on a QB it sets off a chain reaction and only ONE, if that, goes in the first round. What teams NEED at QB that bad that they would burn a first round pick on one of these guys over the abundance of talent available in the first round?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #81

    @poeticg said:

    Who is taking 3 Qbs? If we pass on one of them - I don't think both Goff and Wentz and Lynch goes before the second round... who is taking all these QBs if we pass. Id wager that if the Browns pass on a QB it sets off a chain reaction and only ONE, if that, goes in the first round. What teams NEED at QB that bad that they would burn a first round pick on one of these guys over the abundance of talent available in the first round?

    There are about 6-8 teams whose starting QBs are in their mid 30s....any one of them could go for a young, groomable QB in the first round....ala the Packers when they had Favre and took Rodgers.