Camp Trade Down
-
.@JeffDarlington describes the #Browns as "actively shopping" No. 2, with Sashi Brown making calls inside the Top 10. Fun is just beginning.
.@JeffDarlington describes the #Browns as "actively shopping" No. 2, with Sashi Brown making calls inside the Top 10. Fun is just beginning.
Moneyball Rules!!

-
Teams trying to move up to #2: load that offer with late round picks. Browns rumored to want more picks not necessarily highest pick offered
-
Teams trying to move up to #2: load that offer with late round picks. Browns rumored to want more picks not necessarily highest pick offered
Teams trying to move up to #2: load that offer with late round picks. Browns rumored to want more picks not necessarily highest pick offered
Yep-watching NFL Net this morning they are discussing Eagles making a move with the Browns.
Edit: I'm wondering what S.F. is up to. Anyone know?
Also they are saying the Browns are not going to take a QB because shopping the pick is the "tea leaves" that tell you that.
-
If we swap places with Philly what are the chances we then trade that spot to a mid rounder for even more picks ?
-
If we swap places with Philly what are the chances we then trade that spot to a mid rounder for even more picks ?
-
If we swap places with Philly what are the chances we then trade that spot to a mid rounder for even more picks ?
-
Could happen. However, it would be cool if they stayed and picked up Zeke.
I like Zeke, but is RB really a position you want to add early in a rebuild process?
Edit: I'm wondering what S.F. is up to. Anyone know?
Trying to get Kaep to report? or traded?
-
Adam Schefter & MKC are tweeting that the Browns are currently in trade down talks with one team.
-
Adam Schefter & MKC are tweeting that the Browns are currently in trade down talks with one team.
Adam Schefter & MKC are tweeting that the Browns are currently in trade down talks with one team.
Is their implication that we would do the deal before the start of the draft?
-
Tour, unfortunately I'm at work so I can't copy and paste anything.
-
Tour, unfortunately I'm at work so I can't copy and paste anything.
Tour, unfortunately I'm at work so I can't copy and paste anything.
No problemo... found this...
Jeff Darlington Retweeted Ian Rapoport
Nothing imminent here, but yes, GM Sashi Brown has initiated the calls to gauge market for his No. 2 pick.
-
It could just be due diligence. Making sure you see what is out there to cover your bases.
-
Adam Schefter & MKC are tweeting that the Browns are currently in trade down talks with one team.
Adam Schefter & MKC are tweeting that the Browns are currently in trade down talks with one team.
I doubt that they have limited their talks to just one team.
-
I'm not sure if shopping around the #2 pick is some clear-cut sign they don't want to draft a QB like people are saying it is. I think it's due diligence to look at all your options even if you are 99.9% sure of the direction you are going.
I just get this God awful gut feeling we'll trade back, take X player instead of Goff or Wentz, watch RG3 explode 5 games into the season (let's make it fun, I'll go with torn biceps), and cry into our beers as both those guys wind up as franchise talents.
-
Seeing what the market is within the top 8... is VERY different than "accepting an offer". Clearly they want to get a full picture of what's available before making the decision to accept or not.
This is the same as being on Shark Tank and wanting to hear all the offers before countering any one of them. Doesn't mean you don't want the first one.. it just means you want to hear everything.
It's something that a competent FO would do. I realize we reflexively see every Browns FO action as "How Much Does This New Thing Suck" ... but they actually have good ideas this time.
-
Being reported Eagles had a deal to go to number 3 before the Rams/Titans trade to take the QB Cleveland passed on .....the mega trade fucked up their plans
-
Adam Schefter & MKC are tweeting that the Browns are currently in trade down talks with one team.
I doubt that they have limited their talks to just one team.
Agree, but rumor has it that they cast a line for all teams picking in the top 10 waiting for a bite.I doubt that they have limited their talks to just one team.
All it takes is one sucker.
-
Seeing what the market is within the top 8... is VERY different than "accepting an offer". Clearly they want to get a full picture of what's available before making the decision to accept or not.
This is the same as being on Shark Tank and wanting to hear all the offers before countering any one of them. Doesn't mean you don't want the first one.. it just means you want to hear everything.
It's something that a competent FO would do. I realize we reflexively see every Browns FO action as "How Much Does This New Thing Suck" ... but they actually have good ideas this time.
Seeing what the market is within the top 8... is VERY different than "accepting an offer". Clearly they want to get a full picture of what's available before making the decision to accept or not.
Schefter had actual glee in his voice when he announced on NFL Live today that we were not close to a trade.
Bit of a rivalry there with LaCanfora I'd say...
Agree, but rumor has it that they cast a line for all teams picking in the top 10 waiting for a bite.
All it takes is one sucker.
But it's better to have two...
Word is there is interest from SF and Philly.... even the Jets at 20. Both Philly and NYJ have eyes for Wentz. SF supposedly more for Goff.
-
Jets moving from 20 to 2 will cost them big .....What would be the minimum you would accept for this to happen ?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login



Jeff Darlington