Skip to content

Browns Kaepernick Rumors

The Browns Board
439 60 17.6k
  • I guess its a done deal...Denver just completed a trade for Sanchez....

    @mudfly said:

    I guess its a done deal...Denver just completed a trade for Sanchez....

    Does that really take them out of the running for Kaepernick? Perhaps.

    Who else is IN the running....besides the 49ers just keeping him (which would probably actually be their best move).

    Lets look at what teams need a QB:

    Arizona....have Palmer, Stanton, Matt Barkley. NO

    Atlanta....Ryan, Schaub NO

    Baltimore....Flacco, Jimmy Clausen, Ryan Mallet NO

    Buffalo....Tyrod Taylor, EJ Manuel NO

    Carolina...Newton, DA NO

    Chicago....Cutler, David Fales NO

    Cincy...Dalton, McCarron NO

    Browns....DOH,YES

    Dallas...Romo, Kellen Moore IMO...YES they are in the market.

    Denver...with Sanchez? Still uncertain

    Detroit....Stafford, Orlovsky NO

    Green Bay....Rodgers, Tolzein NO

    Houston...Osweiler, Hoyer...they still even have Weeden NO

    Indy...Luck, Whitehurst....NO

    JAX...Bortles, Henne NO

    Kansas City....Smith, Aaron Murray NO

    Los Angeles....Foles, Case Keenum. a Maybe

    Miami...Tannehill, Matt Moore NO

    San Diego....Rivers and Clemens NO

    Seattle...Russell and Tavaris Jackson NO

    San Francisco...Blaine Gabbert? Kaepernick? YES in one sense

    Tampa Bay...Winston and Glennon NO

    Tennessee...Mariota and Mettenberger NO

    Washington...Cousins and McCoy. NO

    Minnesota...Bridgewater NO

    New England...Brady, Garropolo NO

    New Orleans....Brees, Luke McCown NO

    NYG....Eli Manning, Ryan Nassib NO

    NYJ.....if they can keep Fitz NO (now, where else can he go?)

    Oakland...Carr, McGloin. NO

    Philly...Bradford, Chase Daniel...that would be NO

    Pittsburgh...BR, Landry Jones NO

    So, to me, only like two teams are in the running for a QB plus 2 other maybes.

    Any debate about that?

    Besides the Browns, who else now could be in competiton for Kaepernick.

  • @mudfly said:

    I guess its a done deal...Denver just completed a trade for Sanchez....

    Does that really take them out of the running for Kaepernick? Perhaps.

    Who else is IN the running....besides the 49ers just keeping him (which would probably actually be their best move).

    Lets look at what teams need a QB:

    Arizona....have Palmer, Stanton, Matt Barkley. NO

    Atlanta....Ryan, Schaub NO

    Baltimore....Flacco, Jimmy Clausen, Ryan Mallet NO

    Buffalo....Tyrod Taylor, EJ Manuel NO

    Carolina...Newton, DA NO

    Chicago....Cutler, David Fales NO

    Cincy...Dalton, McCarron NO

    Browns....DOH,YES

    Dallas...Romo, Kellen Moore IMO...YES they are in the market.

    Denver...with Sanchez? Still uncertain

    Detroit....Stafford, Orlovsky NO

    Green Bay....Rodgers, Tolzein NO

    Houston...Osweiler, Hoyer...they still even have Weeden NO

    Indy...Luck, Whitehurst....NO

    JAX...Bortles, Henne NO

    Kansas City....Smith, Aaron Murray NO

    Los Angeles....Foles, Case Keenum. a Maybe

    Miami...Tannehill, Matt Moore NO

    San Diego....Rivers and Clemens NO

    Seattle...Russell and Tavaris Jackson NO

    San Francisco...Blaine Gabbert? Kaepernick? YES in one sense

    Tampa Bay...Winston and Glennon NO

    Tennessee...Mariota and Mettenberger NO

    Washington...Cousins and McCoy. NO

    Minnesota...Bridgewater NO

    New England...Brady, Garropolo NO

    New Orleans....Brees, Luke McCown NO

    NYG....Eli Manning, Ryan Nassib NO

    NYJ.....if they can keep Fitz NO (now, where else can he go?)

    Oakland...Carr, McGloin. NO

    Philly...Bradford, Chase Daniel...that would be NO

    Pittsburgh...BR, Landry Jones NO

    So, to me, only like two teams are in the running for a QB plus 2 other maybes.

    Any debate about that?

    Besides the Browns, who else now could be in competiton for Kaepernick.

    @the-gipper said:

    Does that really take them out of the running for Kaepernick? Perhaps.

    Yeah....I would think it does.....but, I guess you never know.....

  • Sashi, be smarter: You could have grabbed another 3,4th rounder for McCown to the Broncos at this point.

    Even Elway isn't that confident in Old Butt Fumble.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Does that really take them out of the running for Kaepernick? Perhaps.

    Yeah....I would think it does.....but, I guess you never know.....

    @mudfly said:

    Yeah....I would think it does.....but, I guess you never know.....

    I hear they only gave up a 7th round pick for him. Very little really. Is that all they wished to invest in the QB position?

    Does that set the market for Kaepernick somewhat? I believe Sanchez started more games last year than Kaepernick, no?

  • We cant lose a single draft pick for anybody. Drafts are way too important now

    @clevfan4life said:

    We cant lose a single draft pick for anybody. Drafts are way too important now

    I agree on that. I'm watching Ohio State Pro Day and wishing we get one of these guys!

  • @mudfly said:

    Yeah....I would think it does.....but, I guess you never know.....

    I hear they only gave up a 7th round pick for him. Very little really. Is that all they wished to invest in the QB position?

    Does that set the market for Kaepernick somewhat? I believe Sanchez started more games last year than Kaepernick, no?

    @the-gipper said:

    I hear they only gave up a 7th round pick for him. Very little really. Is that all they wished to invest in the QB position?

    Does that set the market for Kaepernick somewhat? I believe Sanchez started more games last year than Kaepernick, no?

    I heard that Kaep is still on Denver's radar despite Sanchez. Kaep is still their chief target. Still not sure why everyone is against Kaep.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    We found a team with a worse QB situation?

    Hard one to beleive but honestly, if that defense is still hungry next year....., we could see sanchez in the sb

    @clevfan4life said:

    Hard one to beleive but honestly, if that defense is still hungry next year....., we could see sanchez in the sb

    Flash forward to Von Miller staring in horror at a Jumbotron as Mark Sanchez accidentally hands the ball off to Dont'a Hightower.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I hear they only gave up a 7th round pick for him. Very little really. Is that all they wished to invest in the QB position?

    Does that set the market for Kaepernick somewhat? I believe Sanchez started more games last year than Kaepernick, no?

    I heard that Kaep is still on Denver's radar despite Sanchez. Kaep is still their chief target. Still not sure why everyone is against Kaep.

    @dawg2fan said:

    I heard that Kaep is still on Denver's radar despite Sanchez. Kaep is still their chief target. Still not sure why everyone is against Kaep.

    They may be Ghoolie devotees and believe that he is primarily a running QB....and they don't want that.

    (But...with the loss of our OL....perhaps that is what we need?)

  • Sanchez will be backup,. Don't forget they lost both starters.

  • @dawg2fan said:

    I heard that Kaep is still on Denver's radar despite Sanchez. Kaep is still their chief target. Still not sure why everyone is against Kaep.

    They may be Ghoolie devotees and believe that he is primarily a running QB....and they don't want that.

    (But...with the loss of our OL....perhaps that is what we need?)

    @the-gipper said:

    They may be Ghoolie devotees and believe that he is primarily a running QB....and they don't want that.

    (But...with the loss of our OL....perhaps that is what we need?)

    We need Kaep and to draft all the offensive linemen we can get.

  • Absolutely. But I think Hue will wait until we get Kaep then see if they can get a few FA's for the Oline. Might be a patch work for center or RT, but we still have the draft.

  • If the browns acquire Kaep, they can go to hell and move.. He blows.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I hear they only gave up a 7th round pick for him. Very little really. Is that all they wished to invest in the QB position?

    Does that set the market for Kaepernick somewhat? I believe Sanchez started more games last year than Kaepernick, no?

    I heard that Kaep is still on Denver's radar despite Sanchez. Kaep is still their chief target. Still not sure why everyone is against Kaep.

    @dawg2fan said:

    I heard that Kaep is still on Denver's radar despite Sanchez. Kaep is still their chief target. Still not sure why everyone is against Kaep.

    Perhaps the fact that he can't read a defense any better than Johnny could?

  • @dawg2fan said:

    I heard that Kaep is still on Denver's radar despite Sanchez. Kaep is still their chief target. Still not sure why everyone is against Kaep.

    Perhaps the fact that he can't read a defense any better than Johnny could?

    @andeftw said:

    Perhaps the fact that he can't read a defense any better than Johnny could?

    Faster Cardale Jones. But if you knew how not-high I am on Cardale Jones, you'd realise that's not much of a complement.

  • If the Browns are working hard to get Kap, you can rest assured they are not sold on the prospect of drafting Goff or Wentz

  • @mudfly said:

    I guess its a done deal...Denver just completed a trade for Sanchez....

    Jets still in the running fro Kaep, no?

    Z

    Zombo said:

    Jets still in the running fro Kaep, no?

    Z

    RG3 is visiting Jets

  • If the browns acquire Kaep, they can go to hell and move.. He blows.

    @nickers said:

    If the browns acquire Kaep, they can go to hell and move.. He blows.

    Super Bowl baby.....and you want to miss that?

  • Would anyone think they would draft CARDALE Jones and Get Kaepernick?

  • If the Browns are working hard to get Kap, you can rest assured they are not sold on the prospect of drafting Goff or Wentz

    @mudfly said:

    If the Browns are working hard to get Kap, you can rest assured they are not sold on the prospect of drafting Goff or Wentz

    Precisely....and I assume that they will divert their attention elsewhere.

    If the Browns don't draft one of those guys....who will? Dallas? Rams?

    I wish the draft were in early April...(it used to be held before Tax Day) .I hate waiting so long.

  • Would anyone think they would draft CARDALE Jones and Get Kaepernick?

    @opal312 said:

    Would anyone think they would draft CARDALE Jones and Get Kaepernick?

    They would likely draft a QB in the middle rounds to develop. Whether that is Cardale or not, who knows.