Skip to content

Browns Kaepernick Rumors

The Browns Board
439 60 17.6k
  • Would anyone think they would draft CARDALE Jones and Get Kaepernick?

    @opal312 said:

    Would anyone think they would draft CARDALE Jones and Get Kaepernick?

    Neither one can read defenses worth a fuck!

  • If the Browns are working hard to get Kap, you can rest assured they are not sold on the prospect of drafting Goff or Wentz

    @mudfly said:

    If the Browns are working hard to get Kap, you can rest assured they are not sold on the prospect of drafting Goff or Wentz

    @the-gipper said:

    Precisely....and I assume that they will divert their attention elsewhere.

    If the Browns don't draft one of those guys....who will? Dallas? Rams?

    Yeah...I dont know where teams rank these guys.....after watching Rodgers drop to the bottom and Russell go #1, who knows what they'll do.....

    I do think, they wouldnt make a trade for a guy like Kap and still pick one high.....and if they were "sold" that one of those guys was a franchise QB, then this wouldnt be happening today.....

  • @opal312 said:

    Would anyone think they would draft CARDALE Jones and Get Kaepernick?

    Neither one can read defenses worth a fuck!

    @nickers said:

    Neither one can read defenses worth a fuck!

    Well, Gabbert didn't exactly light it up with the 49ers. Looked good for a short while. However, the 49ers are looking for a starting QB (Goff or Wentz). I'm hoping we end up with a good Oline, with Kaep we'll have to see. A bad Oline, then he would be a wasted FA.

  • Clearly not every rating system is the same.. Ourlads puts Braxton Miller ahead of Michael Thomas overall for WR's.. that's just silly.

  • @nickers said:

    Neither one can read defenses worth a fuck!

    Well, Gabbert didn't exactly light it up with the 49ers. Looked good for a short while. However, the 49ers are looking for a starting QB (Goff or Wentz). I'm hoping we end up with a good Oline, with Kaep we'll have to see. A bad Oline, then he would be a wasted FA.

    @dawg2fan said:

    Well, Gabbert didn't exactly light it up with the 49ers. Looked good for a short while. However, the 49ers are looking for a starting QB (Goff or Wentz). I'm hoping we end up with a good Oline, with Kaep we'll have to see. A bad Oline, then he would be a wasted FA.

    What is the status of the Wisniewski negotiations. That would be an initial help if we could land him.

  • @the-gipper said:

    There are a few us here that apparently think otherwise. No names, please.

    I am not keen on Kaep but yes, if Hue sees it as his guy then I trust him more than I trust anyone in the peanut gallery to decide what he can do.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    I am not keen on Kaep but yes, if Hue sees it as his guy then I trust him more than I trust anyone in the peanut gallery to decide what he can do.

    Maybe Kap's career could be resurrected- but I'm not counting on it.

    @kvoethe said:

    If we take Kaep I think im done and will be looking for another team to root for. TBH the NFL is almost unwatchable anyway so I may just watch occasionally.

    How to people not see how worthless this guy is?

    He had one good year, then started filling his social media with pictures of cars/rolex's and all that immature crap. He got the big contract and completely sucked. He is not a team player and only is concerned with trying to be flashy and relevant.

    He is just another Johnny in sheeps clothing. How am I the only one who sees this? RGIII is the same way.

    There is no hunger there for anything.

    If he doesn't like San Fran, how long is he gonna like Cleveland, with our FA's bailing left and right?

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Browns just got their comp picks today. An extra fourth and two fifths. So this is likely not a coincidence with their plan to trade for Kaep.

    Based on the comp picks, I can almost live with Kap for a fifth round pick, and cheap. If the Donkeys only gave up a seventh for Sanchez, that sort of sets the floor. If the 49ers want our second (which is really a first) they can go pound salt- or jump off the Golden Gate. OK, a fifth, and a conditional next year- based on how much and well he plays.

    @dawg2fan said:

    I heard that Kaep is still on Denver's radar despite Sanchez. Kaep is still their chief target. Still not sure why everyone is against Kaep.

    Please go to Denver. Please. Hurt, flawed qb, can't read defenses.

    @nickers said:

    If the browns acquire Kaep, they can go to hell and move.. He blows.

    I happen to share your opinion- I hope Hue knows what he's doing. This could be Jeff Garcia, Part II.

  • No mention of Wisniewski yet. But I do pray Hue is waiting to land Kaep first.

  • I believe the Oline by far is the most import position of the Offense. When the 49ers had it, Kaep looked great. Oline was bad the last couple years, and look at the results. As a matter of fact, I believe most QBs in the league would look much if they had a good Oline. And believe or not, Tim Couch would've been "GREAT". By far the best QB we ever drafted since '99.

  • If the Browns are working hard to get Kap, you can rest assured they are not sold on the prospect of drafting Goff or Wentz

    @mudfly said:

    If the Browns are working hard to get Kap, you can rest assured they are not sold on the prospect of drafting Goff or Wentz

    Nathan Z on CBD said some NFL insider (Schefter or Morton or whoever don't remember) said if the Browns traded for Kaep they'd still draft Goff or Wentz. Take that for what you will.

  • A scenario I read on Fan Sided. The Forty-Niners trade with Tenessee and get Jared Goff.

    It's a long way to the draft but I would never give up the second round pick at #32 Never

  • @clevfan4life said:

    but i'm with you, i'm at the point of taking some time off from football. I don't want to watch other teams, not interested in fan boying for the cowfags or whatever team is "America's team" that year. The sport has become hypercommercialized and the Browns were the only reason I give a fuck.

    Spoken like a true addict. "I'll quit. I promise!" LOL! 😆

    This feels like an elongated version of the time period between the announcement of our trade for the 2015 Drafts' 22nd pick and the announcement of Johnny Departed....

    If we do this, it just feels like this is our QB move for the year...

    @texasag1969 said:

    Spoken like a true addict. "I'll quit. I promise!" LOL! 😆

    We could make serious $$$ opening a Browns rehab facility...

    Need a good name tho... The Cleveland Clinic???

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    I am not keen on Kaep but yes, if Hue sees it as his guy then I trust him more than I trust anyone in the peanut gallery to decide what he can do.

    Maybe Kap's career could be resurrected- but I'm not counting on it.

    @kvoethe said:

    If we take Kaep I think im done and will be looking for another team to root for. TBH the NFL is almost unwatchable anyway so I may just watch occasionally.

    How to people not see how worthless this guy is?

    He had one good year, then started filling his social media with pictures of cars/rolex's and all that immature crap. He got the big contract and completely sucked. He is not a team player and only is concerned with trying to be flashy and relevant.

    He is just another Johnny in sheeps clothing. How am I the only one who sees this? RGIII is the same way.

    There is no hunger there for anything.

    If he doesn't like San Fran, how long is he gonna like Cleveland, with our FA's bailing left and right?

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Browns just got their comp picks today. An extra fourth and two fifths. So this is likely not a coincidence with their plan to trade for Kaep.

    Based on the comp picks, I can almost live with Kap for a fifth round pick, and cheap. If the Donkeys only gave up a seventh for Sanchez, that sort of sets the floor. If the 49ers want our second (which is really a first) they can go pound salt- or jump off the Golden Gate. OK, a fifth, and a conditional next year- based on how much and well he plays.

    @dawg2fan said:

    I heard that Kaep is still on Denver's radar despite Sanchez. Kaep is still their chief target. Still not sure why everyone is against Kaep.

    Please go to Denver. Please. Hurt, flawed qb, can't read defenses.

    @nickers said:

    If the browns acquire Kaep, they can go to hell and move.. He blows.

    I happen to share your opinion- I hope Hue knows what he's doing. This could be Jeff Garcia, Part II.

    @hoorta said:

    Maybe Kap's career could be resurrected- but I'm not counting on it.

    If he doesn't like San Fran, how long is he gonna like Cleveland, with our FA's bailing left and right?

    What I think he doesn't like is Chip Kelly...and he like Hue Jackson. (it could very well be a racial thing...but I don't care)

    Based on the comp picks, I can almost live with Kap for a fifth round pick, and cheap. If the Donkeys only gave up a seventh for Sanchez, that sort of sets the floor. If the 49ers want our second (which is really a first) they can go pound salt- or jump off the Golden Gate. OK, a fifth, and a conditional next year- based on how much and well he plays.

    Fair enough.

    Please go to Denver. Please. Hurt, flawed qb, can't read defenses.

    I happen to share your opinion- I hope Hue knows what he's doing. This could be Jeff Garcia, Part II.

    Kaep quite a bit younger than Garcia....and not nearly the system QB that Garcia was. He could not operate outside of the WCO. I think Kaep is certainly Kaepable of doing that. GGGG.

  • @mudfly said:

    If the Browns are working hard to get Kap, you can rest assured they are not sold on the prospect of drafting Goff or Wentz

    Nathan Z on CBD said some NFL insider (Schefter or Morton or whoever don't remember) said if the Browns traded for Kaep they'd still draft Goff or Wentz. Take that for what you will.

    @osiris said:

    Nathan Z on CBD said some NFL insider (Schefter or Morton or whoever don't remember) said if the Browns traded for Kaep they'd still draft Goff or Wentz. Take that for what you will.

    I take it to be a pile of BS. You don't get a young QB....only 28, in his prime to be your starter and immediately draft his replacement.

    You might go get someone in round 4-5 for that. Not #2 overall. If the Browns still want a QB at #2...then don't go after Kaepernik.

  • @osiris said:

    Nathan Z on CBD said some NFL insider (Schefter or Morton or whoever don't remember) said if the Browns traded for Kaep they'd still draft Goff or Wentz. Take that for what you will.

    I take it to be a pile of BS. You don't get a young QB....only 28, in his prime to be your starter and immediately draft his replacement.

    You might go get someone in round 4-5 for that. Not #2 overall. If the Browns still want a QB at #2...then don't go after Kaepernik.

    @the-gipper said:

    I take it to be a pile of BS. You don't get a young QB....only 28, in his prime to be your starter and immediately draft his replacement.

    You might go get someone in round 4-5 for that. Not #2 overall. If the Browns still want a QB at #2...then don't go after Kaepernik.

    I gotta agree with you here Gipper. Trading for Kaep and drafting a QB at 2 sounds like the ideal way to start a QB controversy.

  • If we get him, I'm not calling him Kaep.

    Too lazy to type that E every time.

    I'll go with Kap or CK.

    Z

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Why? Depending on the cost....as long as it is low, I am certainly willing to take a chance.

    Then we can all join Camp Bosa, no?

    @the-gipper said:

    Why? Depending on the cost....as long as it is low, I am certainly willing to take a chance.

    Then we can all join Camp Bosa, no?

    If the Browns were 100% not taking a QB at 2, put me in camp Ramsey

  • @osiris said:

    Nathan Z on CBD said some NFL insider (Schefter or Morton or whoever don't remember) said if the Browns traded for Kaep they'd still draft Goff or Wentz. Take that for what you will.

    I take it to be a pile of BS. You don't get a young QB....only 28, in his prime to be your starter and immediately draft his replacement.

    You might go get someone in round 4-5 for that. Not #2 overall. If the Browns still want a QB at #2...then don't go after Kaepernik.

    @the-gipper said:

    I take it to be a pile of BS. You don't get a young QB....only 28, in his prime to be your starter and immediately draft his replacement.

    You might go get someone in round 4-5 for that. Not #2 overall. If the Browns still want a QB at #2...then don't go after Kaepernik.

    I agree and I really don't want Kaep. Much prefer Goff. The fact that they are considering it suggests maybe they don't think Goff or Wentz are worth the second pick of the draft.
  • Kap isn't smart enough to play QB in the NFL, he was a gimmick QB in a zone read offense in 2012, DC's figured him out, stacked the box and forced him to throw the rock and make good reads and he's incapable of doing it consistently. His mechanics are terrible, his ability to read and diagnose a defense is terrible, his psyche is fragile, he isolated himself from the locker room in SF after he got benched. Just an immature, fragile, flawed player. The only reason he has any sort of value is because of how barren the QB landscape is in today's NFL and if you've ever won a handful of games as a starter (Kap, Osweiler, RG3, Fitzpatrick) you're all of a sudden a valuable asset. Kap is garbage and I don't want to waste time on him, he's not the answer long term. The only one of those guys who might have some long term success is Osweiler.

    giphy.gif

  • Its my understanding that the Browns and 49ers have reached an agreement on the trade.... the hangup right now are the terms of Kaps new contract....so now....its whether we can get him to agree to a realistic restructured contract amount.....stay tuned.....

  • Kap isn't smart enough to play QB in the NFL, he was a gimmick QB in a zone read offense in 2012, DC's figured him out, stacked the box and forced him to throw the rock and make good reads and he's incapable of doing it consistently. His mechanics are terrible, his ability to read and diagnose a defense is terrible, his psyche is fragile, he isolated himself from the locker room in SF after he got benched. Just an immature, fragile, flawed player. The only reason he has any sort of value is because of how barren the QB landscape is in today's NFL and if you've ever won a handful of games as a starter (Kap, Osweiler, RG3, Fitzpatrick) you're all of a sudden a valuable asset. Kap is garbage and I don't want to waste time on him, he's not the answer long term. The only one of those guys who might have some long term success is Osweiler.

    giphy.gif

    @billmurray said:

    Kap isn't smart enough to play QB in the NFL, he was a gimmick QB in a zone read offense in 2012, DC's figured him out, stacked the box and forced him to throw the rock and make good reads and he's incapable of doing it consistently. His mechanics are terrible, his ability to read and diagnose a defense is terrible, his psyche is fragile, he isolated himself from the locker room in SF after he got benched. Just an immature, fragile, flawed player. The only reason he has any sort of value is because of how barren the QB landscape is in today's NFL and if you've ever won a handful of games as a starter (Kap, Osweiler, RG3, Fitzpatrick) you're all of a sudden a valuable asset. Kap is garbage and I don't want to waste time on him, he's not the answer long term. The only one of those guys who might have some long term success is Osweiler.

    giphy.gif

    Its kinda like not your decision to make. If he comes here you will waste time on him.