Skip to content

Browns Kaepernick Rumors

The Browns Board
439 60 17.6k
  • You wouldn't like that scenario TCPO?

  • Charley Casserly just said the 49ers don't want to trade Kaepernick to Broncos because he'd be in a great situation and could win a championship... But won't in Cleveland. Other guy called it getting "traded to Siberia" -- fuck them both lol

    @mike-h said:

    Charley Casserly just said the 49ers don't want to trade Kaepernick to Broncos because he'd be in a great situation and could win a championship... But won't in Cleveland. Other guy called it getting "traded to Siberia" -- fuck them both lol

    Jeffri Chadiha is a garbage asshole, he's hated on the Browns more often than not.

  • You wouldn't like that scenario TCPO?

    @mike-h said:

    You wouldn't like that scenario TCPO?

    No. I'd much rather see us take Goff or Wentz. IMO, both are much more cerebral than Kaep, are more accurate, and are much better at going through their progressions. Kaep struggled when they tried to hem him into more of a pocket passer role.

    If we land Kaep and THEN take one of those two, I'm fine with it...but that wouldn't make sense.

  • @mike-h said:

    You wouldn't like that scenario TCPO?

    No. I'd much rather see us take Goff or Wentz. IMO, both are much more cerebral than Kaep, are more accurate, and are much better at going through their progressions. Kaep struggled when they tried to hem him into more of a pocket passer role.

    If we land Kaep and THEN take one of those two, I'm fine with it...but that wouldn't make sense.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    No. I'd much rather see us take Goff or Wentz. IMO, both are much more cerebral than Kaep, are more accurate, and are much better at going through their progressions. Kaep struggled when they tried to hem him into more of a pocket passer role.

    If we land Kaep and THEN take one of those two, I'm fine with it...but that wouldn't make sense.

    I said Broncos get Kap, 49ers get Johnny, Browns get mid round picks

    Agree on Wentz over Kap

  • I lb offer pick 32 and Manziel for Kap and their 4th.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    No. I'd much rather see us take Goff or Wentz. IMO, both are much more cerebral than Kaep, are more accurate, and are much better at going through their progressions. Kaep struggled when they tried to hem him into more of a pocket passer role.

    If we land Kaep and THEN take one of those two, I'm fine with it...but that wouldn't make sense.

    I said Broncos get Kap, 49ers get Johnny, Browns get mid round picks

    Agree on Wentz over Kap

    @mike-h said:

    I said Broncos get Kap, 49ers get Johnny, Browns get mid round picks

    Agree on Wentz over Kap

    Whoops, misread. I would love that.



  • Updated: #Browns trying to trade for #49ers QB Colin Kaepernick, along w/ #Broncos, #Jets; Have picks, cash for redo http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/03/browns_trying_to_trade_for_col.html …


  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Good Lord- what does Hue see in Kap? This is the NFL, not Nevada.

    @mike-h said:

    I said Broncos get Kap, 49ers get Johnny, Browns get mid round picks

    Agree on Wentz over Kap

    As Captain Picard would say- "make it so". 🙂

    @jcam222 said:

    I lb offer pick 32 and Manziel for Kap and their 4th.

    You must not have read the link I posted on Kap and RG III. Kap isn't worth a 5th, and he'd have to seriously restructure his contract.

  • I lb offer pick 32 and Manziel for Kap and their 4th.

    @jcam222 said:

    I lb offer pick 32 and Manziel for Kap and their 4th.

    That's why you're not an NFL GM

  • I really hope this isn't true haha. It kind of goes against the rationale behind letting players leave if you are trying to win soon with a 28 year old QB.

  • @jcam222 said:

    I lb offer pick 32 and Manziel for Kap and their 4th.

    That's why you're not an NFL GM

    @pumpkin-eater said:

    That's why you're not an NFL GM

    Reasonably abstract for you to make that comment since you are not a GM either. I can assure you there are plenty of real GM's who have made far worse trades. Giving a two for the kap and getting a 4th for JFF Wouldn't be horrible. We are going to be picking with another first or second round pick when They trade Thomas
  • @pumpkin-eater said:

    That's why you're not an NFL GM

    Reasonably abstract for you to make that comment since you are not a GM either. I can assure you there are plenty of real GM's who have made far worse trades. Giving a two for the kap and getting a 4th for JFF Wouldn't be horrible. We are going to be picking with another first or second round pick when They trade Thomas

    @jcam222 said:

    Reasonably abstract for you to make that comment since you are not a GM either. I can assure you there are plenty of real GM's who have made far worse trades. Giving a two for the kap and getting a 4th for JFF Wouldn't be horrible. We are going to be picking with another first or second round pick when They trade Thomas

    The bar shouldn't be set at "there are far worse trades".

    Kaepernick isn't worth a 2. That's setting your franchise back AND giving up a pick to do so.

  • @jcam222 said:

    Reasonably abstract for you to make that comment since you are not a GM either. I can assure you there are plenty of real GM's who have made far worse trades. Giving a two for the kap and getting a 4th for JFF Wouldn't be horrible. We are going to be picking with another first or second round pick when They trade Thomas

    The bar shouldn't be set at "there are far worse trades".

    Kaepernick isn't worth a 2. That's setting your franchise back AND giving up a pick to do so.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    The bar shouldn't be set at "there are far worse trades".

    Kaepernick isn't worth a 2. That's setting your franchise back AND giving up a pick to do so.

    I don't totally disagree. And my scenario I give a second to get Kap and a 4th. Do you believe he's also not worth that?
  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    The bar shouldn't be set at "there are far worse trades".

    Kaepernick isn't worth a 2. That's setting your franchise back AND giving up a pick to do so.

    I don't totally disagree. And my scenario I give a second to get Kap and a 4th. Do you believe he's also not worth that?

    @jcam222 said:

    I don't totally disagree. And my scenario I give a second to get Kap and a 4th. Do you believe he's also not worth that?

    In a year where we have no other recourse, maybe. But we pick at #2 and there are two QB prospects who I believe are already much better quarterbacks than Kaep.

    The guy is athletic, but has terrible anticipation, timing and is ineffective at reading defenses and going through his progressions. He's a physical guy through and through.

  • Maybe our 4th and Manziel.

  • Maybe our 4th and Manziel.

    @flyin-j said:

    Maybe our 4th and Manziel.

    bingo.

    and you draft goff or wentz let them sit behind kaep all the while telling them in their ears "this is what you DON'T do".

  • I like Kaepernick but Browns should really draft a QB and let McCown start. We now need Oline, Wide Receivers, Safety, Running back,

    I think the F.O. Is starting over. Poor Joe Thomas!

  • I like Kaepernick but Browns should really draft a QB and let McCown start. We now need Oline, Wide Receivers, Safety, Running back,

    I think the F.O. Is starting over. Poor Joe Thomas!

    @opal312 said:

    I like Kaepernick but Browns should really draft a QB and let McCown start. We now need Oline, Wide Receivers, Safety, Running back,

    I think the F.O. Is starting over. Poor Joe Thomas!

    yup- the nfl.com guys almost unanimously gave the Browns the "Biggest Loser" tag. Any way you slice it- we lost four starters that will have to be replaced- somehow. If anyone thinks that can be done in one draft- you're dreaming.

  • I like it

  • I dont even understand why the browns even threw their name in the hat. Why on earth would you take that contract, cause you know he aint gonna restructure for cleveland, for a qb that will have no one to throw to and will likely be out of the nfl by the time the browns have rebuilt. Makes zero sense. Rg makes more sense cause we can get him vastly cheaper. Give him a 2 or 3 year deal and let him run for his life for a couple years till we have a line again and have people to throw to