Browns Kaepernick Rumors
-
Reasonably abstract for you to make that comment since you are not a GM either. I can assure you there are plenty of real GM's who have made far worse trades. Giving a two for the kap and getting a 4th for JFF Wouldn't be horrible. We are going to be picking with another first or second round pick when They trade ThomasThat's why you're not an NFL GM
Reasonably abstract for you to make that comment since you are not a GM either. I can assure you there are plenty of real GM's who have made far worse trades. Giving a two for the kap and getting a 4th for JFF Wouldn't be horrible. We are going to be picking with another first or second round pick when They trade Thomas
The bar shouldn't be set at "there are far worse trades".
Kaepernick isn't worth a 2. That's setting your franchise back AND giving up a pick to do so.
-
Reasonably abstract for you to make that comment since you are not a GM either. I can assure you there are plenty of real GM's who have made far worse trades. Giving a two for the kap and getting a 4th for JFF Wouldn't be horrible. We are going to be picking with another first or second round pick when They trade Thomas
The bar shouldn't be set at "there are far worse trades".
Kaepernick isn't worth a 2. That's setting your franchise back AND giving up a pick to do so.
I don't totally disagree. And my scenario I give a second to get Kap and a 4th. Do you believe he's also not worth that?The bar shouldn't be set at "there are far worse trades".
Kaepernick isn't worth a 2. That's setting your franchise back AND giving up a pick to do so.
-
I don't totally disagree. And my scenario I give a second to get Kap and a 4th. Do you believe he's also not worth that?The bar shouldn't be set at "there are far worse trades".
Kaepernick isn't worth a 2. That's setting your franchise back AND giving up a pick to do so.
I don't totally disagree. And my scenario I give a second to get Kap and a 4th. Do you believe he's also not worth that?
In a year where we have no other recourse, maybe. But we pick at #2 and there are two QB prospects who I believe are already much better quarterbacks than Kaep.
The guy is athletic, but has terrible anticipation, timing and is ineffective at reading defenses and going through his progressions. He's a physical guy through and through.
-
-
I like Kaepernick but Browns should really draft a QB and let McCown start. We now need Oline, Wide Receivers, Safety, Running back,
I think the F.O. Is starting over. Poor Joe Thomas!
I like Kaepernick but Browns should really draft a QB and let McCown start. We now need Oline, Wide Receivers, Safety, Running back,
I think the F.O. Is starting over. Poor Joe Thomas!
yup- the nfl.com guys almost unanimously gave the Browns the "Biggest Loser" tag. Any way you slice it- we lost four starters that will have to be replaced- somehow. If anyone thinks that can be done in one draft- you're dreaming.
-
I dont even understand why the browns even threw their name in the hat. Why on earth would you take that contract, cause you know he aint gonna restructure for cleveland, for a qb that will have no one to throw to and will likely be out of the nfl by the time the browns have rebuilt. Makes zero sense. Rg makes more sense cause we can get him vastly cheaper. Give him a 2 or 3 year deal and let him run for his life for a couple years till we have a line again and have people to throw to
-
-
and to mike H yes there were plenty of people praising the ouster of the last regime and only saw rainbows and unicorns dreaming of hue and the new FO......only to see them replaced by thunderstorms and gremlins.
what's really going to take the cake is when haslam fires these guys after 2 years.
-
I like Kaepernick but Browns should really draft a QB and let McCown start. We now need Oline, Wide Receivers, Safety, Running back,
I think the F.O. Is starting over. Poor Joe Thomas!
yup- the nfl.com guys almost unanimously gave the Browns the "Biggest Loser" tag. Any way you slice it- we lost four starters that will have to be replaced- somehow. If anyone thinks that can be done in one draft- you're dreaming.
yup- the nfl.com guys almost unanimously gave the Browns the "Biggest Loser" tag. Any way you slice it- we lost four starters that will have to be replaced- somehow. If anyone thinks that can be done in one draft- you're dreaming.
It won't be. I don't think this is a one year turn around.
-
Ikr? Like it doesntb sit well with me that the new FO is doing this. But smoke and mirrors to hide what exactly?
Smoke and mirrors by Kaep's agent to make the Broncos feel there is competition.
-
Ikr? Like it doesntb sit well with me that the new FO is doing this. But smoke and mirrors to hide what exactly?
Don't care... I'll take anything...
- interest in a rookie QB...
- Day 1 of FA...
- Scheiner's affair with Dee...
Not exactly hanging by a thread here, but Kaep would be more than I can take... even if he came free...
-
A glimmer of hope???
@MikeSilver SF using Browns and Jets to gossip to leverage more from Den? Seems the "secondary sources" spreading much of the talk
-
My thought is Browns could be trying to use Manziel for Kap or to get picks to help absorb some of cap hit for Broncos if they take Kap.
If not, and Manziel has ZERO trade value like Silver tweeted, why is Manziel still on roster?
I don't buy that they're waiting for a suspension to release him.
-
yup- the nfl.com guys almost unanimously gave the Browns the "Biggest Loser" tag. Any way you slice it- we lost four starters that will have to be replaced- somehow. If anyone thinks that can be done in one draft- you're dreaming.
It won't be. I don't think this is a one year turn around.
It won't be. I don't think this is a one year turn around.
Problem is- the Natives are getting very restless. There's plenty of empty seats in the upper reaches of First Energy most Sundays. I'm down in 111, and 20% of that section has fans from other teams buying up those seats on Stub Hub.
The Browns used to have a terrific fan base, but it's inexorably eroding like the tide going out with each passing losing season. The Browns Backers of Dayton have probably lost 80% of their membership over the last 20 years. You'd have to be well on the high side of 30 to be old enough to remember when the Browns were consistently good, or over 60 to say you saw their last Championship.
-
Look what teams are paying for quarterbacks! Sam Bradford signed a deal for 36 million and Philly brought in Chase Daniels to compete! This is crazy money for guys who've done nothing! Stick with Josh McCown and draft Wentz, Michael Thomas, Noah Spence
And a running back.
They're not willing to resign their only good players tells me they're sticking to the draft this year and 2017 with the compensory picks.
Wentz or Goff; Develop a QB while McCown passes to Brian Hartline
-
It won't be. I don't think this is a one year turn around.
Problem is- the Natives are getting very restless. There's plenty of empty seats in the upper reaches of First Energy most Sundays. I'm down in 111, and 20% of that section has fans from other teams buying up those seats on Stub Hub.
The Browns used to have a terrific fan base, but it's inexorably eroding like the tide going out with each passing losing season. The Browns Backers of Dayton have probably lost 80% of their membership over the last 20 years. You'd have to be well on the high side of 30 to be old enough to remember when the Browns were consistently good, or over 60 to say you saw their last Championship.
Problem is- the Natives are getting very restless. There's plenty of empty seats in the upper reaches of First Energy most Sundays. I'm down in 111, and 20% of that section has fans from other teams buying up those seats on Stub Hub.
The Browns used to have a terrific fan base, but it's inexorably eroding like the tide going out with each passing losing season. The Browns Backers of Dayton have probably lost 80% of their membership over the last 20 years. You'd have to be well on the high side of 30 to be old enough to remember when the Browns were consistently good, or over 60 to say you saw their last Championship.
They are restless every year. The team has stunk it up for awhile. I know asking for patience is tough but it is a new group of front office folks who seem like they are trying to do it right. We shall see how it turns out but everything before has not worked.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
