Skip to content

Browns Kaepernick Rumors

The Browns Board
439 60 17.6k
  • Maybe our 4th and Manziel.

    @flyin-j said:

    Maybe our 4th and Manziel.

    bingo.

    and you draft goff or wentz let them sit behind kaep all the while telling them in their ears "this is what you DON'T do".

  • I like Kaepernick but Browns should really draft a QB and let McCown start. We now need Oline, Wide Receivers, Safety, Running back,

    I think the F.O. Is starting over. Poor Joe Thomas!

  • I like Kaepernick but Browns should really draft a QB and let McCown start. We now need Oline, Wide Receivers, Safety, Running back,

    I think the F.O. Is starting over. Poor Joe Thomas!

    @opal312 said:

    I like Kaepernick but Browns should really draft a QB and let McCown start. We now need Oline, Wide Receivers, Safety, Running back,

    I think the F.O. Is starting over. Poor Joe Thomas!

    yup- the nfl.com guys almost unanimously gave the Browns the "Biggest Loser" tag. Any way you slice it- we lost four starters that will have to be replaced- somehow. If anyone thinks that can be done in one draft- you're dreaming.

  • I like it

  • I dont even understand why the browns even threw their name in the hat. Why on earth would you take that contract, cause you know he aint gonna restructure for cleveland, for a qb that will have no one to throw to and will likely be out of the nfl by the time the browns have rebuilt. Makes zero sense. Rg makes more sense cause we can get him vastly cheaper. Give him a 2 or 3 year deal and let him run for his life for a couple years till we have a line again and have people to throw to

  • Please let this be smoke and/or mirrors...

  • Please let this be smoke and/or mirrors...

    @tour2ma said:

    Please let this be smoke and/or mirrors...

    Ikr? Like it doesntb sit well with me that the new FO is doing this. But smoke and mirrors to hide what exactly?

  • and to mike H yes there were plenty of people praising the ouster of the last regime and only saw rainbows and unicorns dreaming of hue and the new FO......only to see them replaced by thunderstorms and gremlins.

    what's really going to take the cake is when haslam fires these guys after 2 years.

  • @opal312 said:

    I like Kaepernick but Browns should really draft a QB and let McCown start. We now need Oline, Wide Receivers, Safety, Running back,

    I think the F.O. Is starting over. Poor Joe Thomas!

    yup- the nfl.com guys almost unanimously gave the Browns the "Biggest Loser" tag. Any way you slice it- we lost four starters that will have to be replaced- somehow. If anyone thinks that can be done in one draft- you're dreaming.

    @hoorta said:

    yup- the nfl.com guys almost unanimously gave the Browns the "Biggest Loser" tag. Any way you slice it- we lost four starters that will have to be replaced- somehow. If anyone thinks that can be done in one draft- you're dreaming.

    It won't be. I don't think this is a one year turn around.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Please let this be smoke and/or mirrors...

    Ikr? Like it doesntb sit well with me that the new FO is doing this. But smoke and mirrors to hide what exactly?

    @clevfan4life said:

    Ikr? Like it doesntb sit well with me that the new FO is doing this. But smoke and mirrors to hide what exactly?

    Smoke and mirrors by Kaep's agent to make the Broncos feel there is competition.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Please let this be smoke and/or mirrors...

    Ikr? Like it doesntb sit well with me that the new FO is doing this. But smoke and mirrors to hide what exactly?

    @clevfan4life said:

    Ikr? Like it doesntb sit well with me that the new FO is doing this. But smoke and mirrors to hide what exactly?

    Don't care... I'll take anything...

    • interest in a rookie QB...
    • Day 1 of FA...
    • Scheiner's affair with Dee...

    Not exactly hanging by a thread here, but Kaep would be more than I can take... even if he came free...

  • A glimmer of hope???

    Iain D. Wright ‏@iain19 1h1 hour ago
    Iain D. Wright@iain19
    @MikeSilver SF using Browns and Jets to gossip to leverage more from Den? Seems the "secondary sources" spreading much of the talk

    @MikeSilver SF using Browns and Jets to gossip to leverage more from Den? Seems the "secondary sources" spreading much of the talk

  • My thought is Browns could be trying to use Manziel for Kap or to get picks to help absorb some of cap hit for Broncos if they take Kap.

    If not, and Manziel has ZERO trade value like Silver tweeted, why is Manziel still on roster?

    I don't buy that they're waiting for a suspension to release him.

  • @hoorta said:

    yup- the nfl.com guys almost unanimously gave the Browns the "Biggest Loser" tag. Any way you slice it- we lost four starters that will have to be replaced- somehow. If anyone thinks that can be done in one draft- you're dreaming.

    It won't be. I don't think this is a one year turn around.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    It won't be. I don't think this is a one year turn around.

    Problem is- the Natives are getting very restless. There's plenty of empty seats in the upper reaches of First Energy most Sundays. I'm down in 111, and 20% of that section has fans from other teams buying up those seats on Stub Hub.

    The Browns used to have a terrific fan base, but it's inexorably eroding like the tide going out with each passing losing season. The Browns Backers of Dayton have probably lost 80% of their membership over the last 20 years. You'd have to be well on the high side of 30 to be old enough to remember when the Browns were consistently good, or over 60 to say you saw their last Championship.

  • Look what teams are paying for quarterbacks! Sam Bradford signed a deal for 36 million and Philly brought in Chase Daniels to compete! This is crazy money for guys who've done nothing! Stick with Josh McCown and draft Wentz, Michael Thomas, Noah Spence

    And a running back.

    They're not willing to resign their only good players tells me they're sticking to the draft this year and 2017 with the compensory picks.

    Wentz or Goff; Develop a QB while McCown passes to Brian Hartline

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    It won't be. I don't think this is a one year turn around.

    Problem is- the Natives are getting very restless. There's plenty of empty seats in the upper reaches of First Energy most Sundays. I'm down in 111, and 20% of that section has fans from other teams buying up those seats on Stub Hub.

    The Browns used to have a terrific fan base, but it's inexorably eroding like the tide going out with each passing losing season. The Browns Backers of Dayton have probably lost 80% of their membership over the last 20 years. You'd have to be well on the high side of 30 to be old enough to remember when the Browns were consistently good, or over 60 to say you saw their last Championship.

    @hoorta said:

    Problem is- the Natives are getting very restless. There's plenty of empty seats in the upper reaches of First Energy most Sundays. I'm down in 111, and 20% of that section has fans from other teams buying up those seats on Stub Hub.

    The Browns used to have a terrific fan base, but it's inexorably eroding like the tide going out with each passing losing season. The Browns Backers of Dayton have probably lost 80% of their membership over the last 20 years. You'd have to be well on the high side of 30 to be old enough to remember when the Browns were consistently good, or over 60 to say you saw their last Championship.

    They are restless every year. The team has stunk it up for awhile. I know asking for patience is tough but it is a new group of front office folks who seem like they are trying to do it right. We shall see how it turns out but everything before has not worked.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Ikr? Like it doesntb sit well with me that the new FO is doing this. But smoke and mirrors to hide what exactly?

    Don't care... I'll take anything...

    • interest in a rookie QB...
    • Day 1 of FA...
    • Scheiner's affair with Dee...

    Not exactly hanging by a thread here, but Kaep would be more than I can take... even if he came free...

    @tour2ma said:

    Don't care... I'll take anything...

    • interest in a rookie QB...
    • Day 1 of FA...
    • Scheiner's affair with Dee...

    Not exactly hanging by a thread here, but Kaep would be more than I can take... even if he came free..

    Wait, Scheiner had an affair with Dee?

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Why? Depending on the cost....as long as it is low, I am certainly willing to take a chance.

    Then we can all join Camp Bosa, no?

  • I just tweeted this, and have no sources, but it's possible Browns could dump Manziel to 49ers, Denver would get Kaep and Browns would get mid round picks

    @mike-h said:

    I just tweeted this, and have no sources, but it's possible Browns could dump Manziel to 49ers, Denver would get Kaep and Browns would get mid round picks

    You tweeted without a source. In other words, you just pulled it out of your ass. Your latent turds really are your best source, aren't they.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    No. I'd much rather see us take Goff or Wentz. IMO, both are much more cerebral than Kaep, are more accurate, and are much better at going through their progressions. Kaep struggled when they tried to hem him into more of a pocket passer role.

    If we land Kaep and THEN take one of those two, I'm fine with it...but that wouldn't make sense.

    I said Broncos get Kap, 49ers get Johnny, Browns get mid round picks

    Agree on Wentz over Kap

    @mike-h said:

    I said Broncos get Kap, 49ers get Johnny, Browns get mid round picks

    Agree on Wentz over Kap

    OK, whether you made that up or not....that would be an OK deal.