Browns Sign former Jet LB Demario Davis
-
Didnt kirksey have like 30 tackles ladt year and only missed a few games?
Didnt kirksey have like 30 tackles ladt year and only missed a few games?
63 tackles (3.5 sacks) in 2015.
-
-
Seems like a Robertson like-for-like.
So Davis is now a starter? With?
Was a third-round pick, so perhaps has a higher ceiling then Robertson. Stats-lines are very similar, though. Also a year younger. Solid but not spectacular signing. Hopefully he's a good run-stopper.
Was a third-round pick, so perhaps has a higher ceiling then Robertson. Stats-lines are very similar, though. Also a year younger. Solid but not spectacular signing. Hopefully he's a good run-stopper.
This is the moneyball stuff.
I am excited to see it play out.
The league may be laughing, but I think Sashi and Depo know exactly what they are doing.
I bet we are a pretty scrappy team in year one, and with the right QB ... maybe a little hard to handle.
Zombo
-
Was a third-round pick, so perhaps has a higher ceiling then Robertson. Stats-lines are very similar, though. Also a year younger. Solid but not spectacular signing. Hopefully he's a good run-stopper.
This is the moneyball stuff.
I am excited to see it play out.
The league may be laughing, but I think Sashi and Depo know exactly what they are doing.
I bet we are a pretty scrappy team in year one, and with the right QB ... maybe a little hard to handle.
Zombo
Zombo said:
This is the moneyball stuff.
I am excited to see it play out.
The league may be laughing, but I think Sashi and Depo know exactly what they are doing.
I bet we are a pretty scrappy team in year one, and with the right QB ... maybe a little hard to handle.
Zombo
Me too. Though, I'm wary of getting too excited about every unheralded signing as if they're a sure fire pro-bowler that just hasn't been used right yet and we'll get that sorted.
-
Zombo said:
This is the moneyball stuff.
I am excited to see it play out.
The league may be laughing, but I think Sashi and Depo know exactly what they are doing.
I bet we are a pretty scrappy team in year one, and with the right QB ... maybe a little hard to handle.
Zombo
Me too. Though, I'm wary of getting too excited about every unheralded signing as if they're a sure fire pro-bowler that just hasn't been used right yet and we'll get that sorted.
Me too. Though, I'm wary of getting too excited about every unheralded signing as if they're a sure fire pro-bowler that just hasn't been used right yet and we'll get that sorted.
We're not signing Pro Bowlers. But we are finding the Scott Hattebergs of the NFL, and when you add them up the whole will be greater than the sum of the parts.
Zombo
-
Didnt kirksey have like 30 tackles ladt year and only missed a few games?
63 tackles (3.5 sacks) in 2015.
63 tackles (3.5 sacks) in 2015.
Is that total tackles? I thought i just read he had 30'ish on his own. Both dansby and naitis have over 100 combined. I have zero issue with signing young lb'ers, we have to sign and draft young guys to rebuild. But we need a vet or two. This is how the steelers turn their roster over. And im in no mood to debate the merits of that approach, its tried and tested. We may hate the steelers but you have to respect the way the organization stays relevant
-
Me too. Though, I'm wary of getting too excited about every unheralded signing as if they're a sure fire pro-bowler that just hasn't been used right yet and we'll get that sorted.
We're not signing Pro Bowlers. But we are finding the Scott Hattebergs of the NFL, and when you add them up the whole will be greater than the sum of the parts.
Zombo
Zombo said:
we are finding the Scott Hattebergs of the NFL...
Zombo
I'll assume that's a good thing

I agree, a bunch of 'scrappy' hard working solid football players, sprinkled with some stardust in the form of Haden, Shelton and maybe someone like Bosa or Buckner, could make us a very competitive team.
-
I'll stick with "around" the team. Thanks for your input, though.
And I don't especially believe there's that much to be negative about, but that doesn't change that writers and media pundits "around" the team are expressing their negative beliefs.
I'll stick with "around" the team. Thanks for your input, though.
And I don't especially believe there's that much to be negative about, but that doesn't change that writers and media pundits "around" the team are expressing their negative beliefs.
To me "around the team" means the people that are inside the organization. Players/coaches/FO types. etc. Writers and media pundits are still outsiders.
I mean, the garbage collectors in Berea are "around the team". That doesn't give them any cred for what happens inside the team's walls.
-
63 tackles (3.5 sacks) in 2015.
Is that total tackles? I thought i just read he had 30'ish on his own. Both dansby and naitis have over 100 combined. I have zero issue with signing young lb'ers, we have to sign and draft young guys to rebuild. But we need a vet or two. This is how the steelers turn their roster over. And im in no mood to debate the merits of that approach, its tried and tested. We may hate the steelers but you have to respect the way the organization stays relevant
Is that total tackles? I thought i just read he had 30'ish on his own. Both dansby and naitis have over 100 combined. I have zero issue with signing young lb'ers, we have to sign and draft young guys to rebuild. But we need a vet or two. This is how the steelers turn their roster over. And im in no mood to debate the merits of that approach, its tried and tested. We may hate the steelers but you have to respect the way the organization stays relevant
Kirksey had 40 solo tackles. Dansby 62. Laurainitis 61. Robertson 34.
Bear in mind Kirksey and Robertson split reps - if anyone has total snap counts I'd be interested.
-
-
Davis joins offensive lineman Alvin Bailey and linebacker Justin Tuggle as free agent additions to the Browns roster.
OK, the Browns have signed 3 FAs....yet people say they have done nothing. That is about the average number of FA signings for teams in the NFL. No huge names, sure. Lost 4 starters, sure....but they haven' t done NOTHING.
-
Zombo said:
So, I understand Mr. Davis has already met our QB:

This needs benny hill music.
-
Sounds like this is a terrific signing - he has a pride about his play,
isn't an arrogant punk, is mature, wants to excel, really wants to be here for the coaching staff
he respects, and the excellent positive vibes from the fo.
He is the kind of guy who loves the game. I like it.
-
1-15
-
I'll stick with "around" the team. Thanks for your input, though.
And I don't especially believe there's that much to be negative about, but that doesn't change that writers and media pundits "around" the team are expressing their negative beliefs.
To me "around the team" means the people that are inside the organization. Players/coaches/FO types. etc. Writers and media pundits are still outsiders.
I mean, the garbage collectors in Berea are "around the team". That doesn't give them any cred for what happens inside the team's walls.
i can see it that way. Looking back I could have worded it more clearlyTo me "around the team" means the people that are inside the organization. Players/coaches/FO types. etc. Writers and media pundits are still outsiders.
I mean, the garbage collectors in Berea are "around the team". That doesn't give them any cred for what happens inside the team's walls.
-
Just read an article that had this to say about our new LB:
"He has no forced fumbled, lead the team in missed tackles, and struggled in pass coverage."
Yep...perfect.
-
Just read an article that had this to say about our new LB:
"He has no forced fumbled, lead the team in missed tackles, and struggled in pass coverage."
Yep...perfect.
Just read an article that had this to say about our new LB:
"He has no forced fumbled, lead the team in missed tackles, and struggled in pass coverage."
Yep...perfect.
Well, call me crazy, but the video below looks an awful lot like a forced fumble to me......and what Ive heard is that his strength is run stopping, which is what we need.....Dansby and Kirksey are both very strong in pass coverage.....
So....bottom line.....you can dig for the weakness on any player and write an article pointing that out.....cause there arent many that are great at everything.....
Zombo said:
So, I understand Mr. Davis has already met our QB:

Id point out that he has been a starter one of the leagues best D's.....and the guy he has replaced wasnt good enough to start on one of the worst.....
-
Zombo said:
So, I understand Mr. Davis has already met our QB:

This needs benny hill music.
-
I honestly don't know much about the guy, but that's what the article said. I'd also point out that he got benched at the end of the season, and split time at best with another backer. That being said, I think his skill set transfers to what we need at the right price. We need a "thumper" in the middle of the field...an enforcer type. I think this guy can do that. Will he be awesome? I doubt it, but who knows? I like Craig as a person, and from what I read, he was an incredible teammate.
-
Not sure why they sat him....but if they did, he was still the Jets #2 tackler....on a team FULL of great defensive players.....and if he did that playing part time, then Im down....
Dont expect to be spectacular. Just, hopefully, an upgrade over Robinson and an improvement to our run D.....
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login