Skip to content

Browns Sign former Jet LB Demario Davis

The Browns Board
61 19 2.3k
  • I'll stick with "around" the team. Thanks for your input, though.

    And I don't especially believe there's that much to be negative about, but that doesn't change that writers and media pundits "around" the team are expressing their negative beliefs.

    @mike-h said:

    I'll stick with "around" the team. Thanks for your input, though.

    And I don't especially believe there's that much to be negative about, but that doesn't change that writers and media pundits "around" the team are expressing their negative beliefs.

    To me "around the team" means the people that are inside the organization. Players/coaches/FO types. etc. Writers and media pundits are still outsiders.

    I mean, the garbage collectors in Berea are "around the team". That doesn't give them any cred for what happens inside the team's walls.

  • @gftchris said:

    63 tackles (3.5 sacks) in 2015.

    Is that total tackles? I thought i just read he had 30'ish on his own. Both dansby and naitis have over 100 combined. I have zero issue with signing young lb'ers, we have to sign and draft young guys to rebuild. But we need a vet or two. This is how the steelers turn their roster over. And im in no mood to debate the merits of that approach, its tried and tested. We may hate the steelers but you have to respect the way the organization stays relevant

    @clevfan4life said:

    Is that total tackles? I thought i just read he had 30'ish on his own. Both dansby and naitis have over 100 combined. I have zero issue with signing young lb'ers, we have to sign and draft young guys to rebuild. But we need a vet or two. This is how the steelers turn their roster over. And im in no mood to debate the merits of that approach, its tried and tested. We may hate the steelers but you have to respect the way the organization stays relevant

    Kirksey had 40 solo tackles. Dansby 62. Laurainitis 61. Robertson 34.

    Bear in mind Kirksey and Robertson split reps - if anyone has total snap counts I'd be interested.

  • So, I understand Mr. Davis has already met our QB:

    12035163_10153111405063202_1122309905_n.

  • Davis joins offensive lineman Alvin Bailey and linebacker Justin Tuggle as free agent additions to the Browns roster.

    OK, the Browns have signed 3 FAs....yet people say they have done nothing. That is about the average number of FA signings for teams in the NFL. No huge names, sure. Lost 4 starters, sure....but they haven' t done NOTHING.

  • So, I understand Mr. Davis has already met our QB:

    12035163_10153111405063202_1122309905_n.

    Zombo said:

    So, I understand Mr. Davis has already met our QB:

    12035163_10153111405063202_1122309905_n.

    This needs benny hill music.

  • Sounds like this is a terrific signing - he has a pride about his play,

    isn't an arrogant punk, is mature, wants to excel, really wants to be here for the coaching staff

    he respects, and the excellent positive vibes from the fo.

    He is the kind of guy who loves the game. I like it.

    http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-sign-LB-Demario-Davis/f33b56ae-9f76-4d7c-a1e3-5fd9c97ae6e6

  • 1-15

  • @mike-h said:

    I'll stick with "around" the team. Thanks for your input, though.

    And I don't especially believe there's that much to be negative about, but that doesn't change that writers and media pundits "around" the team are expressing their negative beliefs.

    To me "around the team" means the people that are inside the organization. Players/coaches/FO types. etc. Writers and media pundits are still outsiders.

    I mean, the garbage collectors in Berea are "around the team". That doesn't give them any cred for what happens inside the team's walls.

    @the-gipper said:

    To me "around the team" means the people that are inside the organization. Players/coaches/FO types. etc. Writers and media pundits are still outsiders.

    I mean, the garbage collectors in Berea are "around the team". That doesn't give them any cred for what happens inside the team's walls.

    i can see it that way. Looking back I could have worded it more clearly
  • Just read an article that had this to say about our new LB:

    "He has no forced fumbled, lead the team in missed tackles, and struggled in pass coverage."

    Yep...perfect.

  • Just read an article that had this to say about our new LB:

    "He has no forced fumbled, lead the team in missed tackles, and struggled in pass coverage."

    Yep...perfect.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Just read an article that had this to say about our new LB:

    "He has no forced fumbled, lead the team in missed tackles, and struggled in pass coverage."

    Yep...perfect.

    Well, call me crazy, but the video below looks an awful lot like a forced fumble to me......and what Ive heard is that his strength is run stopping, which is what we need.....Dansby and Kirksey are both very strong in pass coverage.....

    So....bottom line.....you can dig for the weakness on any player and write an article pointing that out.....cause there arent many that are great at everything.....

    Zombo said:

    So, I understand Mr. Davis has already met our QB:

    12035163_10153111405063202_1122309905_n.

    Id point out that he has been a starter one of the leagues best D's.....and the guy he has replaced wasnt good enough to start on one of the worst.....

  • Zombo said:

    So, I understand Mr. Davis has already met our QB:

    12035163_10153111405063202_1122309905_n.

    This needs benny hill music.

    @gftchris said:

    This needs benny hill music.

    Thst gave me a good lol

  • I honestly don't know much about the guy, but that's what the article said. I'd also point out that he got benched at the end of the season, and split time at best with another backer. That being said, I think his skill set transfers to what we need at the right price. We need a "thumper" in the middle of the field...an enforcer type. I think this guy can do that. Will he be awesome? I doubt it, but who knows? I like Craig as a person, and from what I read, he was an incredible teammate.

  • Not sure why they sat him....but if they did, he was still the Jets #2 tackler....on a team FULL of great defensive players.....and if he did that playing part time, then Im down....

    Dont expect to be spectacular. Just, hopefully, an upgrade over Robinson and an improvement to our run D.....

  • @mike-h said:

    I'll stick with "around" the team. Thanks for your input, though.

    And I don't especially believe there's that much to be negative about, but that doesn't change that writers and media pundits "around" the team are expressing their negative beliefs.

    To me "around the team" means the people that are inside the organization. Players/coaches/FO types. etc. Writers and media pundits are still outsiders.

    I mean, the garbage collectors in Berea are "around the team". That doesn't give them any cred for what happens inside the team's walls.

    @the-gipper said:

    To me "around the team" means the people that are inside the organization. Players/coaches/FO types. etc. Writers and media pundits are still outsiders.

    I mean, the garbage collectors in Berea are "around the team". That doesn't give them any cred for what happens inside the team's walls.

    And I am the fucking grammar police? lol...

  • @osiris said:

    Was a third-round pick, so perhaps has a higher ceiling then Robertson. Stats-lines are very similar, though. Also a year younger. Solid but not spectacular signing. Hopefully he's a good run-stopper.

    This is the moneyball stuff.

    I am excited to see it play out.

    The league may be laughing, but I think Sashi and Depo know exactly what they are doing.

    I bet we are a pretty scrappy team in year one, and with the right QB ... maybe a little hard to handle.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    This is the moneyball stuff.

    Bingo... and so is Dansby's release...

    @gftchris said:

    I'll assume that's a good thing 😉

    I agree, a bunch of 'scrappy' hard working solid football players, sprinkled with some stardust in the form of Haden, Shelton and maybe someone like Bosa or Buckner, could make us a very competitive team.

    No... It won't. Just stop it.... We will not be competitive in 2016... not by design... not even by accident.

    This is a complete tear down. No more straddling the fence with one foot on the rebuild side and one on the salvage some competitiveness side. All that has done is bruised our balls repeatedly...

    This is a tear-it-down, take all the pressure off of the staff because we understand they cannot win, year...

    And the tear down is not yet complete...

  • Zombo said:

    This is the moneyball stuff.

    Bingo... and so is Dansby's release...

    @gftchris said:

    I'll assume that's a good thing 😉

    I agree, a bunch of 'scrappy' hard working solid football players, sprinkled with some stardust in the form of Haden, Shelton and maybe someone like Bosa or Buckner, could make us a very competitive team.

    No... It won't. Just stop it.... We will not be competitive in 2016... not by design... not even by accident.

    This is a complete tear down. No more straddling the fence with one foot on the rebuild side and one on the salvage some competitiveness side. All that has done is bruised our balls repeatedly...

    This is a tear-it-down, take all the pressure off of the staff because we understand they cannot win, year...

    And the tear down is not yet complete...

    @tour2ma said:

    This is a complete tear down. No more straddling the fence with one foot on the rebuild side and one on the salvage some competitiveness side. All that has done is bruised our balls repeatedly...

    This is a tear-it-down, take all the pressure off of the staff because we understand they cannot win, year...

    And the tear down is not yet complete...

    Glad someone else here isn't in denial anymore. I can only hope the decisive action is a sign of both collaboration and competence. I'm completely on-board with a full rebuild(with the exception that there are a few players I'd like to be untouchable) so long as this FO is able to hit on at least 50% of their draft picks.

  • Zombo said:

    This is the moneyball stuff.

    Bingo... and so is Dansby's release...

    @gftchris said:

    I'll assume that's a good thing 😉

    I agree, a bunch of 'scrappy' hard working solid football players, sprinkled with some stardust in the form of Haden, Shelton and maybe someone like Bosa or Buckner, could make us a very competitive team.

    No... It won't. Just stop it.... We will not be competitive in 2016... not by design... not even by accident.

    This is a complete tear down. No more straddling the fence with one foot on the rebuild side and one on the salvage some competitiveness side. All that has done is bruised our balls repeatedly...

    This is a tear-it-down, take all the pressure off of the staff because we understand they cannot win, year...

    And the tear down is not yet complete...

    @tour2ma said:

    Bingo... and so is Dansby's release...

    No... It won't. Just stop it.... We will not be competitive in 2016... not by design... not even by accident.

    This is a complete tear down. No more straddling the fence with one foot on the rebuild side and one on the salvage some competitiveness side. All that has done is bruised our balls repeatedly...

    This is a tear-it-down, take all the pressure off of the staff because we understand they cannot win, year...

    And the tear down is not yet complete...

    Which means we get to add that "other" Aggie next year. The one who is the best defender since Von Miller and far more dedicated player than the 2014 overall #1.

  • It's only a complete rebuild if they drop all the players on the current team.

    Come on, it's a change in philosophy on how to build the Browns into a winner.

    there will be some major turnover, but addition by subtraction is not the case.

    Taking two steps back and one step forward is going backwards, and that's

    how I see the dumb idea of trading Joe Thomas...unless he requests a trade.

  • I hope the Browns still keep Robertson... but from what I read, he is a restricted fa... with whatever tender?

    ...and if another team signs him... the Browns have to match it, or they get no compensation pick from it?

    how the heck does that work.

    Anyways, he was signed as a fa, I guess. so... but thanks to Robertson for the interceptions.

    Note- the stinking cheapshot steeler tearing the helmet off the Browns defensive player on the return
    at the top of the screen at the end of it..... "waaaaaaaaaa, no fair, you intercepted our rapistbooger's pass,
    hey REF !!!!!! "
  • he was a RFA last year. This year just UFA.