Skip to content

Browns release Dansby.

The Browns Board
84 29 2.7k
  • Well he only was the best linebacker and defensive leader on the team the last 2 years. Idk

  • Dansby quote...."I bet the Bengals are licking their chops right now. Time for me to go get a ring"......arghhh

    I also heard some buzz that Whitner could be next.....

  • Um...right...ok...?!

  • Honestly? Y'all did not even have an inkling?

  • Why is anyone shocked? Guy is in his mid 30s and they are rebuilding. I wouldn't be shocked to hear about Whitner getting released.

  • Dansby quote...."I bet the Bengals are licking their chops right now. Time for me to go get a ring"......arghhh

    I also heard some buzz that Whitner could be next.....

    @mudfly said:

    Dansby quote...."I bet the Bengals are licking their chops right now. Time for me to go get a ring"......arghhh

    I also heard some buzz that Whitner could be next.....

    Well, I think we knew that they were talking about getting rid of their older players.

    Dansby and Whitner both fell off last year. They must think that they can do as well at MLB with the two guys they signed, Davis/Tuggle, as they could with Dansby and Robertson....and they may be right.

  • Honestly? Y'all did not even have an inkling?

    @tour2ma said:

    Honestly? Y'all did not even have an inkling?

    Yeah I don't see how anyone is shocked. The guy is in his mid 30s and the direction of the FO seems to be towards going with youth.

  • Sure. But he's a good player - we couldn't have gotten something in a trade? I'm guessing they tried, to be fair.

  • Sure. But he's a good player - we couldn't have gotten something in a trade? I'm guessing they tried, to be fair.

    @gftchris said:

    Sure. But he's a good player - we couldn't have gotten something in a trade? I'm guessing they tried, to be fair.

    What is the market for a 34 year old linebacker? And was he really that good or just good compared to the turds around him?

  • well, the status quo has to change, and come older, expensive players have

    played tough for us, but they have to have lost a step.

    If they can be replaced by a younger, faster player for a lot less money...

    it makes sense. You just have to bring in the right players, who love the game,

    and are hungry to win.

  • Honestly? Y'all did not even have an inkling?

    @tour2ma said:

    Honestly? Y'all did not even have an inkling?

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Yeah I don't see how anyone is shocked. The guy is in his mid 30s and the direction of the FO seems to be towards going with youth.

    My guess is some folks still haven't accepted/realized that we are in full rebuild mode.

    Public Service Announcement: Don't be surprised if Joe Thomas gets traded.

    My biggest hope is that the analytics department in Berea has been able to show Haslam that the players THEY (not Farmer and Pettine both who ignored the analytics) would've picked the past two years have turned out to be successful. If this is the case, I'd be more optimistic that the new FO knows how to draft.

  • Another overrated (good, but overrated) player on a bad defense. He's going to be 35 in November. Can't say I'm shocked. But I think ILB just became a huge priority in draft and there are some talented Day 2 guys.

    Plus Myles Jack.....

  • Miles Jack looks like he's going to be a top ten pick, maybe top five pick.

    But "My guess is some folks still haven't accepted/realized that we are in full rebuild mode.

    Public Service Announcement: Don't be surprised if Joe Thomas gets traded." OS

    *****************************

    I would be shocked out of my chair. It is too tough to find a solid LT in the NFL. Look at

    where Tunsil may go = #1 overall. JT is the glue that holds the locker room and the oline

    together. It's far easier to find a RT and a C. JT wants to stay here.

    You would just doom the Browns to have to spend a future higher draft pick to replace him,

    or pay dearly for a FA that everybody else wants, and the current team won't give up

    without matching.

    The only way it would happen, is if Joe Thomas gives up on the Browns and wants a trade, and in

    that case, I would probably only listen to the games and keep busy out in the garden on Sundays,

    because our qb will get injured pretty quickly, and Wentz will be too, and it will be a disaster not

    good for watching in my camo recliner with a cold root beer and a couple of grilled burgers.

    Say it ain't so, Joe !

  • Miles Jack looks like he's going to be a top ten pick, maybe top five pick.

    But "My guess is some folks still haven't accepted/realized that we are in full rebuild mode.

    Public Service Announcement: Don't be surprised if Joe Thomas gets traded." OS

    *****************************

    I would be shocked out of my chair. It is too tough to find a solid LT in the NFL. Look at

    where Tunsil may go = #1 overall. JT is the glue that holds the locker room and the oline

    together. It's far easier to find a RT and a C. JT wants to stay here.

    You would just doom the Browns to have to spend a future higher draft pick to replace him,

    or pay dearly for a FA that everybody else wants, and the current team won't give up

    without matching.

    The only way it would happen, is if Joe Thomas gives up on the Browns and wants a trade, and in

    that case, I would probably only listen to the games and keep busy out in the garden on Sundays,

    because our qb will get injured pretty quickly, and Wentz will be too, and it will be a disaster not

    good for watching in my camo recliner with a cold root beer and a couple of grilled burgers.

    Say it ain't so, Joe !

    @calfoxwc said:

    Miles Jack looks like he's going to be a top ten pick, maybe top five pick.

    But "My guess is some folks still haven't accepted/realized that we are in full rebuild mode.

    Public Service Announcement: Don't be surprised if Joe Thomas gets traded." OS

    *****************************

    I would be shocked out of my chair. It is too tough to find a solid LT in the NFL. Look at

    where Tunsil may go = #1 overall. JT is the glue that holds the locker room and the oline

    together. It's far easier to find a RT and a C. JT wants to stay here.

    The only way it would happen, is if Joe Thomas gives up on the Browns and wants a trade, and in

    that case, I would probably only listen to the games and keep busy out in the garden on Sundays,

    because our qb will get injured pretty quickly, and Wentz will be too, and it will be a disaster not

    good for watching in my camo recliner with a cold root beer and a couple of grilled burgers.

    Say it ain't so, Joe !

    I'd be disappointed, but not shocked. They almost traded him last season, and if they really are in full rebuild mode, he's the only player on the roster that would net a first-round pick in trade. I don't WANT this to happen, just think it is possible that it will.

  • Miles Jack looks like he's going to be a top ten pick, maybe top five pick.

    But "My guess is some folks still haven't accepted/realized that we are in full rebuild mode.

    Public Service Announcement: Don't be surprised if Joe Thomas gets traded." OS

    *****************************

    I would be shocked out of my chair. It is too tough to find a solid LT in the NFL. Look at

    where Tunsil may go = #1 overall. JT is the glue that holds the locker room and the oline

    together. It's far easier to find a RT and a C. JT wants to stay here.

    You would just doom the Browns to have to spend a future higher draft pick to replace him,

    or pay dearly for a FA that everybody else wants, and the current team won't give up

    without matching.

    The only way it would happen, is if Joe Thomas gives up on the Browns and wants a trade, and in

    that case, I would probably only listen to the games and keep busy out in the garden on Sundays,

    because our qb will get injured pretty quickly, and Wentz will be too, and it will be a disaster not

    good for watching in my camo recliner with a cold root beer and a couple of grilled burgers.

    Say it ain't so, Joe !

    @calfoxwc said:

    Miles Jack looks like he's going to be a top ten pick, maybe top five pick.

    But "My guess is some folks still haven't accepted/realized that we are in full rebuild mode.

    Public Service Announcement: Don't be surprised if Joe Thomas gets traded." OS

    *****************************

    I would be shocked out of my chair. It is too tough to find a solid LT in the NFL. Look at

    where Tunsil may go = #1 overall. JT is the glue that holds the locker room and the oline

    together. It's far easier to find a RT and a C. JT wants to stay here.

    You would just doom the Browns to have to spend a future higher draft pick to replace him,

    or pay dearly for a FA that everybody else wants, and the current team won't give up

    without matching.

    The only way it would happen, is if Joe Thomas gives up on the Browns and wants a trade, and in

    that case, I would probably only listen to the games and keep busy out in the garden on Sundays,

    because our qb will get injured pretty quickly, and Wentz will be too, and it will be a disaster not

    good for watching in my camo recliner with a cold root beer and a couple of grilled burgers.

    Say it ain't so, Joe !

    The Browns QBs were already taking a beating. I won't be shocked if they try to move him to get more draft picks.

  • Joe Thomas must be thinking get me the fuck out of here .......

    Haden next

  • @tour2ma said:

    Honestly? Y'all did not even have an inkling?

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Yeah I don't see how anyone is shocked. The guy is in his mid 30s and the direction of the FO seems to be towards going with youth.

    My guess is some folks still haven't accepted/realized that we are in full rebuild mode.

    Public Service Announcement: Don't be surprised if Joe Thomas gets traded.

    My biggest hope is that the analytics department in Berea has been able to show Haslam that the players THEY (not Farmer and Pettine both who ignored the analytics) would've picked the past two years have turned out to be successful. If this is the case, I'd be more optimistic that the new FO knows how to draft.

    @osiris said:

    My guess is some folks still haven't accepted/realized that we are in full rebuild mode.

    Public Service Announcement: Don't be surprised if Joe Thomas gets traded.

    You and a couple others have finally gotten thru to me... even accepted that for a decent price, Joe is gone. Maybe both Joe's...

    @mike-h said:

    Another overrated (good, but overrated) player on a bad defense. He's going to be 35 in November. Can't say I'm shocked. But I think ILB just became a huge priority in draft and there are some talented Day 2 guys..

    Disagree, Mike... at worst I think the FO believes we have just made an even swap, so any ILB need assessment is unchanged.

  • @gftchris said:

    Sure. But he's a good player - we couldn't have gotten something in a trade? I'm guessing they tried, to be fair.

    What is the market for a 34 year old linebacker? And was he really that good or just good compared to the turds around him?

    @logicisforsquares said:

    What is the market for a 34 year old linebacker? And was he really that good or just good compared to the turds around him?

    Compare his statistics to that of, say, Brian Urlachers.

    Dansby has always been an upper-echelon LBer, in my eyes.

  • Donte Whitner, Paul Kruger, Barky Mingo....COME ON DOWN BOYS you're the next contestants on who can we get the fuck out of Cleveland sooner.

  • @osiris said:

    My guess is some folks still haven't accepted/realized that we are in full rebuild mode.

    Public Service Announcement: Don't be surprised if Joe Thomas gets traded.

    You and a couple others have finally gotten thru to me... even accepted that for a decent price, Joe is gone. Maybe both Joe's...

    @mike-h said:

    Another overrated (good, but overrated) player on a bad defense. He's going to be 35 in November. Can't say I'm shocked. But I think ILB just became a huge priority in draft and there are some talented Day 2 guys..

    Disagree, Mike... at worst I think the FO believes we have just made an even swap, so any ILB need assessment is unchanged.

    @tour2ma said:

    You and a couple others have finally gotten thru to me... even accepted that for a decent price, Joe is gone. Maybe both Joe's...

    Disagree, Mike... at worst I think the FO believes we have just made an even swap, so any ILB need assessment is unchanged.

    I don't believe they are comfortable with Kirksey -- a guy they didnt pick -- Davis, and Tank Carder as their corps ILB group to build around.