Browns release Dansby.
-
Miles Jack looks like he's going to be a top ten pick, maybe top five pick.
But "My guess is some folks still haven't accepted/realized that we are in full rebuild mode.
Public Service Announcement: Don't be surprised if Joe Thomas gets traded." OS
*****************************
I would be shocked out of my chair. It is too tough to find a solid LT in the NFL. Look at
where Tunsil may go = #1 overall. JT is the glue that holds the locker room and the oline
together. It's far easier to find a RT and a C. JT wants to stay here.
You would just doom the Browns to have to spend a future higher draft pick to replace him,
or pay dearly for a FA that everybody else wants, and the current team won't give up
without matching.
The only way it would happen, is if Joe Thomas gives up on the Browns and wants a trade, and in
that case, I would probably only listen to the games and keep busy out in the garden on Sundays,
because our qb will get injured pretty quickly, and Wentz will be too, and it will be a disaster not
good for watching in my camo recliner with a cold root beer and a couple of grilled burgers.
Say it ain't so, Joe !
-
Miles Jack looks like he's going to be a top ten pick, maybe top five pick.
But "My guess is some folks still haven't accepted/realized that we are in full rebuild mode.
Public Service Announcement: Don't be surprised if Joe Thomas gets traded." OS
*****************************
I would be shocked out of my chair. It is too tough to find a solid LT in the NFL. Look at
where Tunsil may go = #1 overall. JT is the glue that holds the locker room and the oline
together. It's far easier to find a RT and a C. JT wants to stay here.
You would just doom the Browns to have to spend a future higher draft pick to replace him,
or pay dearly for a FA that everybody else wants, and the current team won't give up
without matching.
The only way it would happen, is if Joe Thomas gives up on the Browns and wants a trade, and in
that case, I would probably only listen to the games and keep busy out in the garden on Sundays,
because our qb will get injured pretty quickly, and Wentz will be too, and it will be a disaster not
good for watching in my camo recliner with a cold root beer and a couple of grilled burgers.
Say it ain't so, Joe !
Miles Jack looks like he's going to be a top ten pick, maybe top five pick.
But "My guess is some folks still haven't accepted/realized that we are in full rebuild mode.
Public Service Announcement: Don't be surprised if Joe Thomas gets traded." OS
*****************************
I would be shocked out of my chair. It is too tough to find a solid LT in the NFL. Look at
where Tunsil may go = #1 overall. JT is the glue that holds the locker room and the oline
together. It's far easier to find a RT and a C. JT wants to stay here.
The only way it would happen, is if Joe Thomas gives up on the Browns and wants a trade, and in
that case, I would probably only listen to the games and keep busy out in the garden on Sundays,
because our qb will get injured pretty quickly, and Wentz will be too, and it will be a disaster not
good for watching in my camo recliner with a cold root beer and a couple of grilled burgers.
Say it ain't so, Joe !
I'd be disappointed, but not shocked. They almost traded him last season, and if they really are in full rebuild mode, he's the only player on the roster that would net a first-round pick in trade. I don't WANT this to happen, just think it is possible that it will.
-
Miles Jack looks like he's going to be a top ten pick, maybe top five pick.
But "My guess is some folks still haven't accepted/realized that we are in full rebuild mode.
Public Service Announcement: Don't be surprised if Joe Thomas gets traded." OS
*****************************
I would be shocked out of my chair. It is too tough to find a solid LT in the NFL. Look at
where Tunsil may go = #1 overall. JT is the glue that holds the locker room and the oline
together. It's far easier to find a RT and a C. JT wants to stay here.
You would just doom the Browns to have to spend a future higher draft pick to replace him,
or pay dearly for a FA that everybody else wants, and the current team won't give up
without matching.
The only way it would happen, is if Joe Thomas gives up on the Browns and wants a trade, and in
that case, I would probably only listen to the games and keep busy out in the garden on Sundays,
because our qb will get injured pretty quickly, and Wentz will be too, and it will be a disaster not
good for watching in my camo recliner with a cold root beer and a couple of grilled burgers.
Say it ain't so, Joe !
Miles Jack looks like he's going to be a top ten pick, maybe top five pick.
But "My guess is some folks still haven't accepted/realized that we are in full rebuild mode.
Public Service Announcement: Don't be surprised if Joe Thomas gets traded." OS
*****************************
I would be shocked out of my chair. It is too tough to find a solid LT in the NFL. Look at
where Tunsil may go = #1 overall. JT is the glue that holds the locker room and the oline
together. It's far easier to find a RT and a C. JT wants to stay here.
You would just doom the Browns to have to spend a future higher draft pick to replace him,
or pay dearly for a FA that everybody else wants, and the current team won't give up
without matching.
The only way it would happen, is if Joe Thomas gives up on the Browns and wants a trade, and in
that case, I would probably only listen to the games and keep busy out in the garden on Sundays,
because our qb will get injured pretty quickly, and Wentz will be too, and it will be a disaster not
good for watching in my camo recliner with a cold root beer and a couple of grilled burgers.
Say it ain't so, Joe !
The Browns QBs were already taking a beating. I won't be shocked if they try to move him to get more draft picks.
-
Joe Thomas must be thinking get me the fuck out of here .......
Haden next
-
Honestly? Y'all did not even have an inkling?
Yeah I don't see how anyone is shocked. The guy is in his mid 30s and the direction of the FO seems to be towards going with youth.
My guess is some folks still haven't accepted/realized that we are in full rebuild mode.
Public Service Announcement: Don't be surprised if Joe Thomas gets traded.
My biggest hope is that the analytics department in Berea has been able to show Haslam that the players THEY (not Farmer and Pettine both who ignored the analytics) would've picked the past two years have turned out to be successful. If this is the case, I'd be more optimistic that the new FO knows how to draft.
My guess is some folks still haven't accepted/realized that we are in full rebuild mode.
Public Service Announcement: Don't be surprised if Joe Thomas gets traded.
You and a couple others have finally gotten thru to me... even accepted that for a decent price, Joe is gone. Maybe both Joe's...
Another overrated (good, but overrated) player on a bad defense. He's going to be 35 in November. Can't say I'm shocked. But I think ILB just became a huge priority in draft and there are some talented Day 2 guys..
Disagree, Mike... at worst I think the FO believes we have just made an even swap, so any ILB need assessment is unchanged.
-
What is the market for a 34 year old linebacker? And was he really that good or just good compared to the turds around him?
Compare his statistics to that of, say, Brian Urlachers.
Dansby has always been an upper-echelon LBer, in my eyes.
-
Donte Whitner, Paul Kruger, Barky Mingo....COME ON DOWN BOYS you're the next contestants on who can we get the fuck out of Cleveland sooner.
-
My guess is some folks still haven't accepted/realized that we are in full rebuild mode.
Public Service Announcement: Don't be surprised if Joe Thomas gets traded.
You and a couple others have finally gotten thru to me... even accepted that for a decent price, Joe is gone. Maybe both Joe's...
Another overrated (good, but overrated) player on a bad defense. He's going to be 35 in November. Can't say I'm shocked. But I think ILB just became a huge priority in draft and there are some talented Day 2 guys..
Disagree, Mike... at worst I think the FO believes we have just made an even swap, so any ILB need assessment is unchanged.
You and a couple others have finally gotten thru to me... even accepted that for a decent price, Joe is gone. Maybe both Joe's...
Disagree, Mike... at worst I think the FO believes we have just made an even swap, so any ILB need assessment is unchanged.
I don't believe they are comfortable with Kirksey -- a guy they didnt pick -- Davis, and Tank Carder as their corps ILB group to build around.
-
Donte Whitner, Paul Kruger, Barky Mingo....COME ON DOWN BOYS you're the next contestants on who can we get the fuck out of Cleveland sooner.
Donte Whitner, Paul Kruger, Barky Mingo....COME ON DOWN BOYS you're the next contestants on who can we get the fuck out of Cleveland sooner.
Add Joe Haden and then the purge will be complete. The only problem is the cap penalty for releasing him, and the fact no one would take his contract in a trade.
-
but that was over the RG position, and gaps right of center. Almost never,
because of tackle play on either side. Except for when Cam Irving went in
at LG I think it was.
-
Donte Whitner, Paul Kruger, Barky Mingo....COME ON DOWN BOYS you're the next contestants on who can we get the fuck out of Cleveland sooner.
Add Joe Haden and then the purge will be complete. The only problem is the cap penalty for releasing him, and the fact no one would take his contract in a trade.
Add Joe Haden and then the purge will be complete. The only problem is the cap penalty for releasing him, and the fact no one would take his contract in a trade.
eh not so sure. I think now is the time obviously to trade him. I think he has some value. Wait another year or so and he's another 1-2 concussions deep into the protocol than obviously no
-
You and a couple others have finally gotten thru to me... even accepted that for a decent price, Joe is gone. Maybe both Joe's...
Disagree, Mike... at worst I think the FO believes we have just made an even swap, so any ILB need assessment is unchanged.
I don't believe they are comfortable with Kirksey -- a guy they didnt pick -- Davis, and Tank Carder as their corps ILB group to build around.
I don't believe they are comfortable with Kirksey -- a guy they didnt pick -- Davis, and Tank Carder as their corps ILB group to build around.
Comfortable? No... agree they are not comfortable.
As I have said forever, a 3-4's strength has to be it's LB corps. Ours clearly was not and still is not.
Just saying the change after swapping Davis for Dansby is not significant.
-
Sure. But he's a good player - we couldn't have gotten something in a trade? I'm guessing they tried, to be fair.
-
I don't believe they are comfortable with Kirksey -- a guy they didnt pick -- Davis, and Tank Carder as their corps ILB group to build around.
Comfortable? No... agree they are not comfortable.
As I have said forever, a 3-4's strength has to be it's LB corps. Ours clearly was not and still is not.
Just saying the change after swapping Davis for Dansby is not significant.
Comfortable? No... agree they are not comfortable.
As I have said forever, a 3-4's strength has to be it's LB corps. Ours clearly was not and still is not.
Just saying the change after swapping Davis for Dansby is not significant.
Swapping Davis for Dansby still leaves a gap. I'm guessing they'll take a ILB in the first 4 rounds, and he'll be Davis' eventual replacement in two years, unless they bring him back. But I don't think the 2-year deal means they signed him with long-term in mind.
-
Can't argue with anything he said.
Good Luck, Karlos, and thanks for bringing it HARD for the the Cleveland Browns.
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Linebacker Karlos Dansby told cleveland.com Wednesday the Browns are releasing him in the wake of signing inside linebacker Demario Davis.
"Let's go get that ring,'' he told cleveland.com.
Here are other quick highlights from Dansby, 34:
* "I'm sure the Bengals are licking their chops,'' he said.
* He said the Browns called him this morning to tell he was being released.
* "I appreciated it because it gives me a chance to win. Let's go get that ring!,'' he said.
* "The Browns are in a rebuild,'' he said. "This gets me closer to my destiny.''
* He said he has 4 or 5 years left "because I take care of my body,'' he said.
* He said his only regret is that they didn't do it two months ago so he could catch on with someone right away. "But there still a lot of teams that need my services.''
* He said he believes other 30-year-old Browns will be released. "I told Donte Whitner 'you have to be ready for anything.''
* He said he believes receiver Dwayne Bowe will be released soon.
* He said he believs "the future is bright'' for third-year cornerback Justin Gilbert and that he felt he started to turn the corner last year.
* He said Johnny Manziel remains a friend and he still believes Manziel can be successful in the NFL
* "This is an opportunity to go play for a Super Bowl contender,'' said Dansby. "I'm excited. I'm getting goosebumps.''
* He said he never viewed Cleveland as place to go and get out as fast as possible: "I wanted to try to do something there that no one had done.''

-
Karlos brought it hard for the browns?
-
Thank you Mr.Dansby! An outstanding pro! You can't do it by yourself. Thanks!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

