Browns release Dansby.
-
You and a couple others have finally gotten thru to me... even accepted that for a decent price, Joe is gone. Maybe both Joe's...
Disagree, Mike... at worst I think the FO believes we have just made an even swap, so any ILB need assessment is unchanged.
I don't believe they are comfortable with Kirksey -- a guy they didnt pick -- Davis, and Tank Carder as their corps ILB group to build around.
I don't believe they are comfortable with Kirksey -- a guy they didnt pick -- Davis, and Tank Carder as their corps ILB group to build around.
Comfortable? No... agree they are not comfortable.
As I have said forever, a 3-4's strength has to be it's LB corps. Ours clearly was not and still is not.
Just saying the change after swapping Davis for Dansby is not significant.
-
Sure. But he's a good player - we couldn't have gotten something in a trade? I'm guessing they tried, to be fair.
-
I don't believe they are comfortable with Kirksey -- a guy they didnt pick -- Davis, and Tank Carder as their corps ILB group to build around.
Comfortable? No... agree they are not comfortable.
As I have said forever, a 3-4's strength has to be it's LB corps. Ours clearly was not and still is not.
Just saying the change after swapping Davis for Dansby is not significant.
Comfortable? No... agree they are not comfortable.
As I have said forever, a 3-4's strength has to be it's LB corps. Ours clearly was not and still is not.
Just saying the change after swapping Davis for Dansby is not significant.
Swapping Davis for Dansby still leaves a gap. I'm guessing they'll take a ILB in the first 4 rounds, and he'll be Davis' eventual replacement in two years, unless they bring him back. But I don't think the 2-year deal means they signed him with long-term in mind.
-
Can't argue with anything he said.
Good Luck, Karlos, and thanks for bringing it HARD for the the Cleveland Browns.
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Linebacker Karlos Dansby told cleveland.com Wednesday the Browns are releasing him in the wake of signing inside linebacker Demario Davis.
"Let's go get that ring,'' he told cleveland.com.
Here are other quick highlights from Dansby, 34:
* "I'm sure the Bengals are licking their chops,'' he said.
* He said the Browns called him this morning to tell he was being released.
* "I appreciated it because it gives me a chance to win. Let's go get that ring!,'' he said.
* "The Browns are in a rebuild,'' he said. "This gets me closer to my destiny.''
* He said he has 4 or 5 years left "because I take care of my body,'' he said.
* He said his only regret is that they didn't do it two months ago so he could catch on with someone right away. "But there still a lot of teams that need my services.''
* He said he believes other 30-year-old Browns will be released. "I told Donte Whitner 'you have to be ready for anything.''
* He said he believes receiver Dwayne Bowe will be released soon.
* He said he believs "the future is bright'' for third-year cornerback Justin Gilbert and that he felt he started to turn the corner last year.
* He said Johnny Manziel remains a friend and he still believes Manziel can be successful in the NFL
* "This is an opportunity to go play for a Super Bowl contender,'' said Dansby. "I'm excited. I'm getting goosebumps.''
* He said he never viewed Cleveland as place to go and get out as fast as possible: "I wanted to try to do something there that no one had done.''

-
Karlos brought it hard for the browns?
-
Thank you Mr.Dansby! An outstanding pro! You can't do it by yourself. Thanks!
-
Dansby quote...."I bet the Bengals are licking their chops right now. Time for me to go get a ring"......arghhh
I also heard some buzz that Whitner could be next.....
Well, I think we knew that they were talking about getting rid of their older players.
Dansby and Whitner both fell off last year. They must think that they can do as well at MLB with the two guys they signed, Davis/Tuggle, as they could with Dansby and Robertson....and they may be right.
Well, I think we knew that they were talking about getting rid of their older players.
Dansby and Whitner both fell off last year. They must think that they can do as well at MLB with the two guys they signed, Davis/Tuggle, as they could with Dansby and Robertson....and they may be right.
MLB = Major League Baseball?
-
The mystery continues
The mystery continues
No mystery- it's a full nuclear detonation of the roster.
Thing is- if it's a total rebuild, it shouldn't take 5 years to get it done.
Will the fans stand for 0-16, because it looks like that's where we're headed. I'm calling it our slogan for this year. 0-16 for 2016.
-
who knows, maybe Pettine was a bigger cocksucker than we knew. It seems like the Chud firing miffed a lot of players more than was let on.
-
The mystery continues
No mystery- it's a full nuclear detonation of the roster.
Thing is- if it's a total rebuild, it shouldn't take 5 years to get it done.
Will the fans stand for 0-16, because it looks like that's where we're headed. I'm calling it our slogan for this year. 0-16 for 2016.
No mystery- it's a full nuclear detonation of the roster.
Thing is- if it's a total rebuild, it shouldn't take 5 years to get it done.
Will the fans stand for 0-16, because it looks like that's where we're headed. I'm calling it our slogan for this year. 0-16 for 2016.
the sad thing is that even with rookies and cast offs, they could still end up winning as many games as they did this year.
-
No mystery- it's a full nuclear detonation of the roster.
Thing is- if it's a total rebuild, it shouldn't take 5 years to get it done.
Will the fans stand for 0-16, because it looks like that's where we're headed. I'm calling it our slogan for this year. 0-16 for 2016.
the sad thing is that even with rookies and cast offs, they could still end up winning as many games as they did this year.
the sad thing is that even with rookies and cast offs, they could still end up winning as many games as they did this year.
agreed..........
-
gtfo....man o man....
hey mud, there you are..wonderin where you have been on the music site....dansby...eh....i had him on my fantasy league a few yrs ago and he did well...he is getting older and really, he is not an impact hard hitting lb...we need a hard nosed lb...actually several of them... just my opinion..still a mystery why we let dq get away...
-
What is the market for a 34 year old linebacker? And was he really that good or just good compared to the turds around him?
Compare his statistics to that of, say, Brian Urlachers.
Dansby has always been an upper-echelon LBer, in my eyes.
Compare his statistics to that of, say, Brian Urlachers.
Dansby has always been an upper-echelon LBer, in my eyes.
I think our FO believes that "been" is the operative term in your statement.
-
Well, I think we knew that they were talking about getting rid of their older players.
Dansby and Whitner both fell off last year. They must think that they can do as well at MLB with the two guys they signed, Davis/Tuggle, as they could with Dansby and Robertson....and they may be right.
MLB = Major League Baseball?
MLB = Major League Baseball?
Middle Linebacker.
-
Dansby said, "A lot of teams are looking for linebackers right now. One of the best guys to ever play the game is on the market. That's the numbers saying it. Not me saying it, it's just the numbers."
Well the Browns should be commended for employing a special needs adult.
-
holy shit did he just call himself one of the best ever to play the position? Mother of god now i'm really glad this dude is out the door. I know he had a few pretty decent years but nothing that I would thought compared with Kuechly's last two or so years, and he's not the best ever. Ray Lewis is the best ever. Kuechly may one day equal him, but that's gonna take some years of consistency out of him.
Holy fuck. Yeah take him, anybody. Wanna see what 35 year old LB'er that can't read the run looks like?
-
The mystery continues
No mystery- it's a full nuclear detonation of the roster.
Thing is- if it's a total rebuild, it shouldn't take 5 years to get it done.
Will the fans stand for 0-16, because it looks like that's where we're headed. I'm calling it our slogan for this year. 0-16 for 2016.
-
holy shit did he just call himself one of the best ever to play the position? Mother of god now i'm really glad this dude is out the door. I know he had a few pretty decent years but nothing that I would thought compared with Kuechly's last two or so years, and he's not the best ever. Ray Lewis is the best ever. Kuechly may one day equal him, but that's gonna take some years of consistency out of him.
Holy fuck. Yeah take him, anybody. Wanna see what 35 year old LB'er that can't read the run looks like?
holy shit did he just call himself one of the best ever to play the position? Mother of god now i'm really glad this dude is out the door. I know he had a few pretty decent years but nothing that I would thought compared with Kuechly's last two or so years, and he's not the best ever. Ray Lewis is the best ever. Kuechly may one day equal him, but that's gonna take some years of consistency out of him.
Holy fuck. Yeah take him, anybody. Wanna see what 35 year old LB'er that can't read the run looks like?
Dick Butkus was the best ever,, I know.. I've seen both play... two different eras of ball.. its not even a foot race to Me.. Dick Butkus was a fucking machine and in our backfield every time Phipps hiked the ball.. Ray Ray was great.. but no dick butkus..They didnt record sacks back then...Im sure Butkuses numbers would be every bit as good if not more than rays.. it was a lot harder to play back in those days..
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

