Skip to content

RG3 set to be a Brown ?

Locked The Browns Board
180 47 7.0k
  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #61

    I think if they sign RG3, it will be because they don't have faith in Josh this year. They sign RG as the stop gap guy and still draft a qb in the 1st rd. I like Mcown but man o man he sure took a pounding last year and at his age, well I just think they want younger overall

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #62

    @d-bone said:

    bj_zpsynhqt77j.jpg

    LMAO.... I love it when a post requires no words...

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #63

    Word is this will be a done deal if his character references check out.

  • @poeticg said:

    Let's do it. RG3... maybe we could bring in Trent and end up with the #2 and #3 of that draft on the team. Reunited with Gordon we could have something special. DO IT!! HAHAHA

    First let's see if the Jets will take our number 32 pick for Geno Smith.

    WSS

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #64

    @westside-steve said:

    First let's see if the Jets will take our number 32 pick for Geno Smith.

    lol... I got it...

    One Post From the Truth said:

    Oh I drink diet root beer btw

    Ah.. calfox lite...

    @jcam222 said:

    Word is this will be a done deal if his character references check out.

    lol...

    Q: When you asked RG3 to sit and not be part of the team in 2015, did he do that?

    A: Yes.

  • "One said:

    Oh boy. The Browns sign RG3 Zombo will have a stroke over this one.

    At least they are addressing the position. He's affordable and wouldnt cost a draft pick.

    I wanted to trade up for him the year he came out in the draft... so maybe we will luck out and get the mature, humbled version.

    Z

    Dick MellonD Dick Mellon wrote on last edited by
    #65

    Zombo said:

    I wanted to trade up for him the year he came out in the draft... so maybe we will luck out and get the mature, humbled version.

    Yeh, I wanted CLE to trade everything to get him in the draft.

    Oh no! Wrong again!

    But now he is available on-the-cheap!

    He and McCown and maybe or maybe not a pick would be a good start.

  • Zombo said:

    I wanted to trade up for him the year he came out in the draft... so maybe we will luck out and get the mature, humbled version.

    Yeh, I wanted CLE to trade everything to get him in the draft.

    Oh no! Wrong again!

    But now he is available on-the-cheap!

    He and McCown and maybe or maybe not a pick would be a good start.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #66

    @dick-mellon said:

    Yeh, I wanted CLE to trade everything to get him in the draft.

    Oh no! Wrong again!

    But now he is available on-the-cheap!

    He and McCown and maybe or maybe not a pick would be a good start.

    I have a better idea- maybe the Steelers can sign him as a backup to Ben. 🙂

  • @dick-mellon said:

    Yeh, I wanted CLE to trade everything to get him in the draft.

    Oh no! Wrong again!

    But now he is available on-the-cheap!

    He and McCown and maybe or maybe not a pick would be a good start.

    I have a better idea- maybe the Steelers can sign him as a backup to Ben. 🙂

    Dick MellonD Dick Mellon wrote on last edited by
    #67

    @hoorta said:

    I have a better idea- maybe the Steelers can sign him as a backup to Ben. 🙂

    Yeh, that would be nice too.

    As a Leftwich & Vick fan I had mostly disappointment over those guys at PIT.

    It would be nice if RG3 would experience resurrection at PIT or CLE.

    He exciting and an amazing athlete . . .or at least he was.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #68
  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #69

    Checking out Kaepernick and RG3 points to us wanting to have a more mobile QB, which might mean we're picking Wentz over Goff. Or, it might be a smokescreen.

  • S strglzer wrote on last edited by
    #70

    ok we have Josh to start, and alot of people want RG3 or Kaep so we dont have to draft a QB, thats insane, we have been looking for a QB for 20 plus years, so Golf and Wentz go on and become starters for years to come and we are still looking.... If that would happen everybody will be calling for heads to fall again, and the Browns are the laughing stock again.... Its better to take the chance and lose than to not take the chance at all.... Nobody thought Brady was worth a pick till what the 6th. round....

  • Checking out Kaepernick and RG3 points to us wanting to have a more mobile QB, which might mean we're picking Wentz over Goff. Or, it might be a smokescreen.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #71

    @gftchris said:

    Checking out Kaepernick and RG3 points to us wanting to have a more mobile QB, which might mean we're picking Wentz over Goff. Or, it might be a smokescreen.

    Both running QBs...

    Both injured early in their careers...

    Please be a smokescreen...

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #72

    For some reason, I'd rather have RG III over Kaepernick. Couldn't really tell you why, but it's how I feel. Hue Jackson is mentioned as a QB specialist, and someone that can get the most out of his single-caller. I think RG III needs a boost of confidence and someone that believes in him. We didn't have a lot of talent to begin with, and we lost a bunch of the talent we DID HAVE. I think it's safe to say that we're probably not going to be contending this year, and maybe we don't need to take a QB at #2. Many analysts have Jalen Ramsey number 1 or 2 on their boards, so perhaps we take a physical stud like Ramsey, sign RG III, and begin the year with McCown at the helm?

    Ramsey can rush the passer, support rushing defense with an attitude, cover, AND has his shit together off the field. I can think of worse things.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #73

    The choice is easy if we are forced to take a bum with a bad attitude. Pick the bum that doesn't cost you a draft pick and a stack of cash

    WSS

  • Browns1216B Browns1216 wrote on last edited by
    #74

    maybe they're talking to RG3 to be a safety

    http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/9/13/9318623/robert-griffin-iii-rg3-washington-safety-third-string-quarterback

    i'd still rather have Colt McCoy than RG3 though 😉

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #75
  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #76

    CBS reporting that we are completely out of the Kaepernick sweepstakes, but we're still "checking out" RG III. Nobody is reporting that a deal is "imminent", but it certainly looks good. I don't have a problem with starting McCown and having RG III backing him up. Hell, what is Hue can work some magic with Griffin? Would I bet on it? Heck no, but stranger things have happened. It's time to get lucky.

  • CBS reporting that we are completely out of the Kaepernick sweepstakes, but we're still "checking out" RG III. Nobody is reporting that a deal is "imminent", but it certainly looks good. I don't have a problem with starting McCown and having RG III backing him up. Hell, what is Hue can work some magic with Griffin? Would I bet on it? Heck no, but stranger things have happened. It's time to get lucky.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #77

    @jiggins7919 said:

    CBS reporting that we are completely out of the Kaepernick sweepstakes, but we're still "checking out" RG III. Nobody is reporting that a deal is "imminent", but it certainly looks good. I don't have a problem with starting McCown and having RG III backing him up. Hell, what is Hue can work some magic with Griffin? Would I bet on it? Heck no, but stranger things have happened. It's time to get lucky.

    I'd far rather have RG III than Kap. And the moneyball guys will like him too if they negotiate a reasonable price WITHOUT losing any draft picks.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    CBS reporting that we are completely out of the Kaepernick sweepstakes, but we're still "checking out" RG III. Nobody is reporting that a deal is "imminent", but it certainly looks good. I don't have a problem with starting McCown and having RG III backing him up. Hell, what is Hue can work some magic with Griffin? Would I bet on it? Heck no, but stranger things have happened. It's time to get lucky.

    I'd far rather have RG III than Kap. And the moneyball guys will like him too if they negotiate a reasonable price WITHOUT losing any draft picks.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #78

    @texasag1969 said:

    I'd far rather have RG III than Kap. And the moneyball guys will like him too if they negotiate a reasonable price WITHOUT losing any draft picks.

    For vet min (or vet QB min which is like $3m or something going on market), I don't really care who we have as a backup. But for that value, I'd rather have RG3 than Kaepernick at his $13m contract (or whatever is it). All things being equal I'd take Kaepernick. But then, I wouldn't, and I'd take the draft pick and use it on the draft.

  • Hes looking at us with $$$$ in his eyes knowing he can fleece us for millions while underperforming. Bowe 2.0

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #79

    @kvoethe said:

    Hes looking at us with $$$$ in his eyes knowing he can fleece us for millions while underperforming. Bowe 2.0

    We don't have Ray Farmer giving out money now. These Harvard guys are skinflints.....so I doubt that he would be fleecing the Browns.

  • I really liked the last WAS QB we signed (imagine text in pink)

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #80

    @comeonman said:

    I really liked the last WAS QB we signed (imagine text in pink)

    Mark Rypien?