Camp Ramsey
-
One of the players I would be OK with taking instead of a QB... Versatile, imposing defender who plays in coverage and can tackle. Good instincts. Plus Haden is toast.
If the Browns do go with RG3 and take a later round QB, I want Ramsey to be the Pick at 2.
-
Under those circumstances, yes, I'd take Ramsey over Bosa or Buckner. If Tunsil is still there I'd take him first though (and be prepared to answer many phonecalls about JT).
-
The only issue I have with a safety is that he doesn't address the immediate deficiency of run defense. Which is why I personally want either an edge guy or an ILB'er. Basically a front 7 guy if we go defense. I love Ramsey though, wouldn't be in a rage if we took him.
-
but can we please stop with this fgt camps?
-
seriously
-
but can we please stop with this fgt camps?
but can we please stop with this fgt camps?
Yeah, we need real manly camps, with blackjack and hookers.
-
but can we please stop with this fgt camps?
Yeah, we need real manly camps, with blackjack and hookers.
-
but can we please stop with this fgt camps?
Yeah, we need real manly camps, with blackjack and hookers.
-
If we can trade Haden, yes. Time to get young.
-
The only issue I have with a safety is that he doesn't address the immediate deficiency of run defense. Which is why I personally want either an edge guy or an ILB'er. Basically a front 7 guy if we go defense. I love Ramsey though, wouldn't be in a rage if we took him.
I just wish there was a player named Camp in the draft so.... you know...
The only issue I have with a safety is that he doesn't address the immediate deficiency of run defense.
Because that would ruin our overnite path to the Super Bowl?
-
I just wish there was a player named Camp in the draft so.... you know...
The only issue I have with a safety is that he doesn't address the immediate deficiency of run defense.
Because that would ruin our overnite path to the Super Bowl?
.
Because that would ruin our overnite path to the Super Bowl?
Super bowl? wtf? Dude i just want to stop the run. I don't care if teams pass for 1000 yds a game on us, i.....just.....want.....to....stop.......therun. I'm sick of it. I want the Browns defense to be "serviceable" in at least one area. I"m tired of clowns rushing for 100+yds on the Browns. The road to building a complete defense has to start somewhere, my vote is stopping the run. I'm tired of the looming specter that on any given sunday we could see rushing records fall against the Browns. I hate that.
-
It's too bad the Browns don't have their qb.... they surely will pick Wentz... or Goff.
Had it not been for this situation.... Ramsey is amazing. I think he's the top player on the
board. He's a future all pro.
But the Browns have had a string of also-rans that weren't the qb they needed. It's just time
to stop it. It's a nice cb class - far easier to get a terrific cb later. But Ramsey is terrific.
-
Nobody mentioned scotch yet? I'll bring the 15-yr Laphroaig.
This guy may go 1 to the Tits if they don't trade
-
"It's too bad the Browns don't have their qb"
This might be the understatement of the decade.
-
Obviously, I'm an FSU guy, and I've said multiple times that I would LOVE to have Ramsey on our team. I see him as a "Troy Palumalu type", as he can cover, rush the passer, and is stout against the run. He'd basically be a new toy for Ray Horton, and he's a guy that has his crap together OFF the field as well. He's a leader, a good kid, and a hard worker. His combine numbers are mind boggling. I think he legit measured 6'1, and 209 pounds, while running a 40 in the 4.4 range. Additionally, he jumped a 40 inch vert, and had some ridiculous broad jump as well.
Note: I am NOT saying that Ramsey will BE Troy Palumalu. Troy is a hall of famer and Superbowl champion. That would be too much for ANY rookie to live up. I'm merely pointing out that I believe Ramsey could be used in a similar manner.
What we don't know, and won't know until draft day, is whether or not our talent gurus have Wentz or Goff rated high enough to take at #2. If we DON'T have them rated high enough, and we can't trade down, then Ramsey definitely fills a need. Haden is hurt yet again, and injured himself in questionable circumstances. It was obvious to me that our franchise was none too pleased about his ankle injury, and it wouldn't surprise me if he hurt himself playing basketball (the king sport of ankle injuries). Haden was banged up ALL last year, and he's starting out 2016 under the knife. Not good. We know we can't depend on Gilbert for a damn thing, and Tramon is old and might be cut soon.
Bottom line, we need so many things. What we CAN'T do is reach on a QB and completely whiff. If Goff or Wentz is rated high enough to warrant such an early selection, then by all means, snatch them up. If not, we can't reach JUST because we need a QB. Take Ramsey, suffer through yet another miserable season, and try again in 2017. Last year Winston and Mariota came out. This year, as luck would have it, there isn't that level of talent. We have so many holes, need so many things, that taking best player available makes a lot of sense. That is, of course, unless Sashi and Hue feel like Goff or Wentz has what it takes.
-
Daniel Jeremiah still has Ramsey to the Browns @ #2 overall.
-
Obviously, I'm an FSU guy, and I've said multiple times that I would LOVE to have Ramsey on our team. I see him as a "Troy Palumalu type", as he can cover, rush the passer, and is stout against the run. He'd basically be a new toy for Ray Horton, and he's a guy that has his crap together OFF the field as well. He's a leader, a good kid, and a hard worker. His combine numbers are mind boggling. I think he legit measured 6'1, and 209 pounds, while running a 40 in the 4.4 range. Additionally, he jumped a 40 inch vert, and had some ridiculous broad jump as well.
Note: I am NOT saying that Ramsey will BE Troy Palumalu. Troy is a hall of famer and Superbowl champion. That would be too much for ANY rookie to live up. I'm merely pointing out that I believe Ramsey could be used in a similar manner.
What we don't know, and won't know until draft day, is whether or not our talent gurus have Wentz or Goff rated high enough to take at #2. If we DON'T have them rated high enough, and we can't trade down, then Ramsey definitely fills a need. Haden is hurt yet again, and injured himself in questionable circumstances. It was obvious to me that our franchise was none too pleased about his ankle injury, and it wouldn't surprise me if he hurt himself playing basketball (the king sport of ankle injuries). Haden was banged up ALL last year, and he's starting out 2016 under the knife. Not good. We know we can't depend on Gilbert for a damn thing, and Tramon is old and might be cut soon.
Bottom line, we need so many things. What we CAN'T do is reach on a QB and completely whiff. If Goff or Wentz is rated high enough to warrant such an early selection, then by all means, snatch them up. If not, we can't reach JUST because we need a QB. Take Ramsey, suffer through yet another miserable season, and try again in 2017. Last year Winston and Mariota came out. This year, as luck would have it, there isn't that level of talent. We have so many holes, need so many things, that taking best player available makes a lot of sense. That is, of course, unless Sashi and Hue feel like Goff or Wentz has what it takes.
Bottom line, we need so many things. What we CAN'T do is reach on a QB and completely whiff. If Goff or Wentz is rated high enough to warrant such an early selection, then by all means, snatch them up. If not, we can't reach JUST because we need a QB. Take Ramsey, suffer through yet another miserable season, and try again in 2017. Last year Winston and Mariota came out. This year, as luck would have it, there isn't that level of talent. We have so many holes, need so many things, that taking best player available makes a lot of sense. That is, of course, unless Sashi and Hue feel like Goff or Wentz has what it takes.
but that's exactly what people want us to do. Reach every year on a QB until we find "the guy". The league has no problems with us doing that cause it means the better players in the draft fall to the teams the NFL wants to push. A month before the combine Goff/Wentz were late 1st round early 2nd round prospects. So they got coached up for the combine and now all of a sudden they're the most NFL ready QB's in years. Horseshit.
Cleveland is getting played so hard by the league.
-
Obviously, I'm an FSU guy, and I've said multiple times that I would LOVE to have Ramsey on our team. I see him as a "Troy Palumalu type", as he can cover, rush the passer, and is stout against the run. He'd basically be a new toy for Ray Horton, and he's a guy that has his crap together OFF the field as well. He's a leader, a good kid, and a hard worker. His combine numbers are mind boggling. I think he legit measured 6'1, and 209 pounds, while running a 40 in the 4.4 range. Additionally, he jumped a 40 inch vert, and had some ridiculous broad jump as well.
Note: I am NOT saying that Ramsey will BE Troy Palumalu. Troy is a hall of famer and Superbowl champion. That would be too much for ANY rookie to live up. I'm merely pointing out that I believe Ramsey could be used in a similar manner.
What we don't know, and won't know until draft day, is whether or not our talent gurus have Wentz or Goff rated high enough to take at #2. If we DON'T have them rated high enough, and we can't trade down, then Ramsey definitely fills a need. Haden is hurt yet again, and injured himself in questionable circumstances. It was obvious to me that our franchise was none too pleased about his ankle injury, and it wouldn't surprise me if he hurt himself playing basketball (the king sport of ankle injuries). Haden was banged up ALL last year, and he's starting out 2016 under the knife. Not good. We know we can't depend on Gilbert for a damn thing, and Tramon is old and might be cut soon.
Bottom line, we need so many things. What we CAN'T do is reach on a QB and completely whiff. If Goff or Wentz is rated high enough to warrant such an early selection, then by all means, snatch them up. If not, we can't reach JUST because we need a QB. Take Ramsey, suffer through yet another miserable season, and try again in 2017. Last year Winston and Mariota came out. This year, as luck would have it, there isn't that level of talent. We have so many holes, need so many things, that taking best player available makes a lot of sense. That is, of course, unless Sashi and Hue feel like Goff or Wentz has what it takes.
Bottom line, we need so many things. What we CAN'T do is reach on a QB and completely whiff. If Goff or Wentz is rated high enough to warrant such an early selection, then by all means, snatch them up.
Luckily both QBs are rated high enough...
-
Bottom line, we need so many things. What we CAN'T do is reach on a QB and completely whiff. If Goff or Wentz is rated high enough to warrant such an early selection, then by all means, snatch them up. If not, we can't reach JUST because we need a QB. Take Ramsey, suffer through yet another miserable season, and try again in 2017. Last year Winston and Mariota came out. This year, as luck would have it, there isn't that level of talent. We have so many holes, need so many things, that taking best player available makes a lot of sense. That is, of course, unless Sashi and Hue feel like Goff or Wentz has what it takes.
but that's exactly what people want us to do. Reach every year on a QB until we find "the guy". The league has no problems with us doing that cause it means the better players in the draft fall to the teams the NFL wants to push. A month before the combine Goff/Wentz were late 1st round early 2nd round prospects. So they got coached up for the combine and now all of a sudden they're the most NFL ready QB's in years. Horseshit.
Cleveland is getting played so hard by the league.
but that's exactly what people want us to do. Reach every year on a QB until we find "the guy". The league has no problems with us doing that cause it means the better players in the draft fall to the teams the NFL wants to push. A month before the combine Goff/Wentz were late 1st round early 2nd round prospects. So they got coached up for the combine and now all of a sudden they're the most NFL ready QB's in years. Horseshit.
Cleveland is getting played so hard by the league.
Not true?
Mike Mayock said Wentz was a Top10/first rounder in December. Other people are still catching up -- that's how this works. A select few individuals/groups do all the work, and others slowly gravitate towards them as the weeks inch closer to the combine, and then eventually the draft.
Then after the draft, people freak out because WalterFootball or some other hack website hasn't rated the players the same as the way their teams' scouting departments have.
It's a perpetual cycle.....
-
but that's exactly what people want us to do. Reach every year on a QB until we find "the guy". The league has no problems with us doing that cause it means the better players in the draft fall to the teams the NFL wants to push. A month before the combine Goff/Wentz were late 1st round early 2nd round prospects. So they got coached up for the combine and now all of a sudden they're the most NFL ready QB's in years. Horseshit.
Cleveland is getting played so hard by the league.
Not true?
Mike Mayock said Wentz was a Top10/first rounder in December. Other people are still catching up -- that's how this works. A select few individuals/groups do all the work, and others slowly gravitate towards them as the weeks inch closer to the combine, and then eventually the draft.
Then after the draft, people freak out because WalterFootball or some other hack website hasn't rated the players the same as the way their teams' scouting departments have.
It's a perpetual cycle.....
Not true?
Mike Mayock said Wentz was a Top10/first rounder in December. Other people are still catching up -- that's how this works. A select few individuals/groups do all the work, and others slowly gravitate towards them as the weeks inch closer to the combine, and then eventually the draft.
Then after the draft, people freak out because WalterFootball or some other hack website hasn't rated the players the same as the way their teams' scouting departments have.
It's a perpetual cycle.....
Wtf i thought it was mayock that said both were late picks along with kiper. Ill have to look this up when i get home
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login