Skip to content

Sashi is Destroying Browns Reporting in His Spare Time at the Spring Meeting

The Browns Board
86 21 3.3k
  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #29

    Well then Moe, hot diggity damn.

    Of course if everybody's already doing it then this bunch is going to need something else to set them apart from or above the pack.

    WSS

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #30

    I think analytics is just another way of saying "let's figure out what works, usually, and what

    we expect, and look at the fa and draft compreensively, rather than just a

    single game, or combine workout."

    It's a look at everthing involved, and a look at everything about a kid you draft.

    It's just a smarter approach than what dummies have done in the past, not just the Browns.

    With that approach, the Browns would have never drafted jm or Gordon or.... the list is long.

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #31

    I'm just going to go ahead and be totally honest........ I have no idea what analytics even is, and need Google's help just to spell it. I never saw Money Ball either.

  • I'm just going to go ahead and be totally honest........ I have no idea what analytics even is, and need Google's help just to spell it. I never saw Money Ball either.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @d-bone said:

    I'm just going to go ahead and be totally honest........ I have no idea what analytics even is, and need Google's help just to spell it. I never saw Money Ball either.

    It is literally just analyzing data to find trends. Every team in every sport does it, and always has.

    These guys are just looking for data points that more closely correlate with success.

  • @d-bone said:

    I'm just going to go ahead and be totally honest........ I have no idea what analytics even is, and need Google's help just to spell it. I never saw Money Ball either.

    It is literally just analyzing data to find trends. Every team in every sport does it, and always has.

    These guys are just looking for data points that more closely correlate with success.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    It is literally just analyzing data to find trends. Every team in every sport does it, and always has.

    These guys are just looking for data points that more closely correlate with success.

    Right....I mean, you don't need a Harvard education to understand analytics!

    Or...errr, maybe you do? 😊

  • Mike HM Mike H wrote on last edited by Mike H
    #34

    35467071.jpg

    ghostbusters-meme-800x361.gif

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    It is literally just analyzing data to find trends. Every team in every sport does it, and always has.

    These guys are just looking for data points that more closely correlate with success.

    Right....I mean, you don't need a Harvard education to understand analytics!

    Or...errr, maybe you do? 😊

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @the-gipper said:

    Right....I mean, you don't need a Harvard education to understand analytics!

    Or...errr, maybe you do? 😊

    Maybe it just depends on the data points you're evaluating.

    Or maybe the education helps in finding NEW, undiscovered data points.

    It's all very interesting stuff, personally. I've been working on a formula for QB's in the draft for about two years with some guys as a side project and all its continuously told me so far thoughout each revision is that both Joey Harrington and Brandon Weeden shouldn't have been drafted so high.

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers
    #36

    I'm okay with bringing in Hue.. Im not a fan of "Whore-ton" and his less than desirable hang DB's out to dry defense. And I'm definitely not a fan of Dupa and Sushi. I honestly think its a conspiracy to move the browns to vegas when the stadium lease is up 2020 I believe.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Right....I mean, you don't need a Harvard education to understand analytics!

    Or...errr, maybe you do? 😊

    Maybe it just depends on the data points you're evaluating.

    Or maybe the education helps in finding NEW, undiscovered data points.

    It's all very interesting stuff, personally. I've been working on a formula for QB's in the draft for about two years with some guys as a side project and all its continuously told me so far thoughout each revision is that both Joey Harrington and Brandon Weeden shouldn't have been drafted so high.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I've been working on a formula for QB's in the draft for about two years with some guys as a side project and all its continuously told me so far thoughout each revision is that both Joey Harrington and Brandon Weeden shouldn't have been drafted so high.

    OK... I laughed so hard that that one hurt..

    Look on the bright side... it's better than the model spitting out that they were under-drafted...

    Did the effort all start with a pile of data and a regression analysis?

  • I'm okay with bringing in Hue.. Im not a fan of "Whore-ton" and his less than desirable hang DB's out to dry defense. And I'm definitely not a fan of Dupa and Sushi. I honestly think its a conspiracy to move the browns to vegas when the stadium lease is up 2020 I believe.

    Mike HM Mike H wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @nickers said:

    I'm okay with bringing in Hue.. Im not a fan of "Whore-ton" and his less than desirable hang DB's out to dry defense. And I'm definitely not a fan of Dupa and Sushi. I honestly think its a conspiracy to move the browns to vegas when the stadium lease is up 2020 I believe.

    If you needed any more evidence.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Right....I mean, you don't need a Harvard education to understand analytics!

    Or...errr, maybe you do? 😊

    Maybe it just depends on the data points you're evaluating.

    Or maybe the education helps in finding NEW, undiscovered data points.

    It's all very interesting stuff, personally. I've been working on a formula for QB's in the draft for about two years with some guys as a side project and all its continuously told me so far thoughout each revision is that both Joey Harrington and Brandon Weeden shouldn't have been drafted so high.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Maybe it just depends on the data points you're evaluating.

    Or maybe the education helps in finding NEW, undiscovered data points.

    It's all very interesting stuff, personally. I've been working on a formula for QB's in the draft for about two years with some guys as a side project and all its continuously told me so far thoughout each revision is that both Joey Harrington and Brandon Weeden shouldn't have been drafted so high.

    That is a No Shit Sherlock statement if I ever heard one.

  • @nickers said:

    I'm okay with bringing in Hue.. Im not a fan of "Whore-ton" and his less than desirable hang DB's out to dry defense. And I'm definitely not a fan of Dupa and Sushi. I honestly think its a conspiracy to move the browns to vegas when the stadium lease is up 2020 I believe.

    If you needed any more evidence.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @mike-h said:

    If you needed any more evidence.

    Alienate the fans was rule number one in Major League. Hopefully that's fiction.

    I don't see any Cleveland Allegiance from any of these guys.

    WSS

  • I'm okay with bringing in Hue.. Im not a fan of "Whore-ton" and his less than desirable hang DB's out to dry defense. And I'm definitely not a fan of Dupa and Sushi. I honestly think its a conspiracy to move the browns to vegas when the stadium lease is up 2020 I believe.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #41

    @nickers said:

    I honestly think its a conspiracy to move the browns to vegas when the stadium lease is up 2020 I believe.

    And the bonus is we will already have a free and experienced QB waiting there for us. Forget drafting them. If you build it (in Vegas) he will come. 😆

  • @nickers said:

    I honestly think its a conspiracy to move the browns to vegas when the stadium lease is up 2020 I believe.

    And the bonus is we will already have a free and experienced QB waiting there for us. Forget drafting them. If you build it (in Vegas) he will come. 😆

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @texasag1969 said:

    And the bonus is we will already have a free and experienced QB waiting there for us. Forget drafting them. If you build it (in Vegas) he will come. 😆

    Laugh all you want but a team just cant be this inept by accident.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    And the bonus is we will already have a free and experienced QB waiting there for us. Forget drafting them. If you build it (in Vegas) he will come. 😆

    Laugh all you want but a team just cant be this inept by accident.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @nickers said:

    Laugh all you want but a team just cant be this inept by accident.

    No, but they can if you have an impatient owner and players who want to play elsewhere because of a decades long reputation as a losing team.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    And the bonus is we will already have a free and experienced QB waiting there for us. Forget drafting them. If you build it (in Vegas) he will come. 😆

    Laugh all you want but a team just cant be this inept by accident.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @nickers said:

    Laugh all you want but a team just cant be this inept by accident.

    ... but it can by accidents...

  • Mike HM Mike H wrote on last edited by Mike H
    #45

    League would never approve team to move... team still has a lease on a newish stadium... etc..... etc.... blah blah

  • League would never approve team to move... team still has a lease on a newish stadium... etc..... etc.... blah blah

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers
    #46

    @mike-h said:

    League would never approve team to move... team still has a lease on a newish stadium... etc..... etc.... blah blah

    Money talks in this league.. The signing of RG Knees proves it to me.. They signed a POS often injured QB who cant read defenses to save his own life.. FU Dee Haslam.. hope its worth the ride in bed.

  • @mike-h said:

    League would never approve team to move... team still has a lease on a newish stadium... etc..... etc.... blah blah

    Money talks in this league.. The signing of RG Knees proves it to me.. They signed a POS often injured QB who cant read defenses to save his own life.. FU Dee Haslam.. hope its worth the ride in bed.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @nickers said:

    Money talks in this league.. The signing of RG Knees proves it to me.. They signed a POS often injured QB who cant read defenses to save his own life.. FU Dee Haslam.. hope its worth the ride in bed.

    This brightens my day. Your opinion is wrong 99.9% of the time, so this points to RG3 having a great career.

  • @nickers said:

    Money talks in this league.. The signing of RG Knees proves it to me.. They signed a POS often injured QB who cant read defenses to save his own life.. FU Dee Haslam.. hope its worth the ride in bed.

    This brightens my day. Your opinion is wrong 99.9% of the time, so this points to RG3 having a great career.

    Mike HM Mike H wrote on last edited by
    #48

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    This brightens my day. Your opinion is wrong 99.9% of the time, so this points to RG3 having a great career.

    Too true