The Jets want to trade..... for McCown?!?
-
Rg3 and McCown both have 1 solid year. Except rg3 is a lot younger.
-
Mccown could teach a young qb tons of stuff, and set an outstanding
example. And, I'd want him to stay on board with the Browns as an
assistant qb coach.
RGIII, I'd be happy if we don't sign him. He isn't a mentor, apparently not
a leader in the locker room,
What's strange, is that the Jets talked to RGIII, and did NOT sign him.
And.......they want Mccown. Perhaps the Jets are better at analytics?
-
Cowboys would have made the playoffs last year with McCown on the roster.
-
I don't think McCown can teach a rook. Not saying Griffin can... but what can McCown actually teach a rookie. Yeah he has had some good games but let's be honest he's not Brett favre
I don't think McCown can teach a rook. Not saying Griffin can... but what can McCown actually teach a rookie. Yeah he has had some good games but let's be honest he's not Brett favre
It's probably better he ain't Brett. Dude just went out there and slung the football around on natural talent. 7 TDs one week, 7 INTs the next. That guy was fun to watch... Haha.
-
Why did we need a qb to mentor. We have Hue and we have qb coaches. This fantasy you guys have of anew old qb as a teacher is just a wasted roster spot. McCown has done nothing in his career. Good career back up.
-
Why did we need a qb to mentor. We have Hue and we have qb coaches. This fantasy you guys have of anew old qb as a teacher is just a wasted roster spot. McCown has done nothing in his career. Good career back up.
Why did we need a qb to mentor. We have Hue and we have qb coaches. This fantasy you guys have of anew old qb as a teacher is just a wasted roster spot. McCown has done nothing in his career. Good career back up.
and RG3 has done more?
GTFO.
-
Why did we need a qb to mentor. We have Hue and we have qb coaches. This fantasy you guys have of anew old qb as a teacher is just a wasted roster spot. McCown has done nothing in his career. Good career back up.
and RG3 has done more?
GTFO.
-
With a revamped line and getting them up to playing as a unit won't happen in a week. Meanwhile, it could be for the best if our qb is light footed and can run. Rg3 is like 10 years younger than Josh. He also had a full year to watch, learn and heal. He can also read a playbook without falling on his nose. Kinda different around here.
-
With a revamped line and getting them up to playing as a unit won't happen in a week. Meanwhile, it could be for the best if our qb is light footed and can run. Rg3 is like 10 years younger than Josh. He also had a full year to watch, learn and heal. He can also read a playbook without falling on his nose. Kinda different around here.
With a revamped line and getting them up to playing as a unit won't happen in a week. Meanwhile, it could be for the best if our qb is light footed and can run. Rg3 is like 10 years younger than Josh. He also had a full year to watch, learn and heal. He can also read a playbook without falling on his nose. Kinda different around here.
Questions are..... Is he still light footed after all the injuries? Can he still run? How many games can he survive? I'll agree that him being 10 years younger is really nice and if they could capture 85% of what he showed in his really good years they could have something and it would be great. I still think it would be a deal to go after if the money was right. If handled correctly, it is minimal risk high reward.
The problem is, if you take him, dump Josh and draft a kid that isn't ready to be put into the game year one you could have a serious problem if RGIII can't make it a full season.
There is a big difference between a rebuilding year and a throw away year. Even if you don't expect to win a bunch of games during a season, you still need a QB out there that can play otherwise nobody else on the team progresses... Your young Oline doesn't get the work it needs, your running backs lose a year of shelf life, your receivers stand around.... we have all seen what going 3 and out every series looks like.... not to mention what it does to a teams defense... Josh has shown he can play in this league and move an offense, for the return you would get on him.... I'd keep him right where he is.
I've wondered lately.... After seeing some of the really good games Josh put together last year.... if he was 26, would they be looking for another QB?
-
I guess if you only want him for 1 year to act as a bridge till the new guy gets coached up some and he passes the physical, go for it. Also keep in mind that the hc isn't too keen on Josh. He was brought in by Farmer and has less than 1 win per season average in his looooong tarnished career. I don't dislike the guy at all but the analytics say that you can easily do better
-
Why did we need a qb to mentor. We have Hue and we have qb coaches. This fantasy you guys have of anew old qb as a teacher is just a wasted roster spot. McCown has done nothing in his career. Good career back up.
and RG3 has done more?
GTFO.
and RG3 has done more?
GTFO.
Actually yes. He has done more. Rookie of the year and for the most part better numbers. I'm not a fan of rg3 but it makes sense to bring him in. Even if it is for one season. Yes he's injury prone. But so is McCown. He sat out how many games last year? We don't pick up rg3 to mentor. Why is a career backup mentoring a rookie such a great idea to you? Serious question.
-
I know people might laugh at this, but I think the BRONCOS should trade for McCown. That defense is so amazing that I believe a player like McCown will be able to win more games than he loses. Imagine McCown playing for a team that doesn't let the opposition score more than a few points. He'd also have some weapons to throw to. I think it's worth a look if I'm Elway.
-
I know people might laugh at this, but I think the BRONCOS should trade for McCown. That defense is so amazing that I believe a player like McCown will be able to win more games than he loses. Imagine McCown playing for a team that doesn't let the opposition score more than a few points. He'd also have some weapons to throw to. I think it's worth a look if I'm Elway.
I know people might laugh at this, but I think the BRONCOS should trade for McCown. That defense is so amazing that I believe a player like McCown will be able to win more games than he loses. Imagine McCown playing for a team that doesn't let the opposition score more than a few points. He'd also have some weapons to throw to. I think it's worth a look if I'm Elway.
I agree. They need to draft a qb. Maybe if Lynch is there at 31. Doubt it but that's what I would shoot for if I was Elway.
-
I know people might laugh at this, but I think the BRONCOS should trade for McCown. That defense is so amazing that I believe a player like McCown will be able to win more games than he loses. Imagine McCown playing for a team that doesn't let the opposition score more than a few points. He'd also have some weapons to throw to. I think it's worth a look if I'm Elway.
I saw reports that the broncs have already been sniffing about Mccown. As well as the Jets. My only real question is, Why do some think that Mcown is such a great QB coach when we have Hue? We hired him for his qb knowledge and people want a lifetime losing qb to teach a rookie? wow!I know people might laugh at this, but I think the BRONCOS should trade for McCown. That defense is so amazing that I believe a player like McCown will be able to win more games than he loses. Imagine McCown playing for a team that doesn't let the opposition score more than a few points. He'd also have some weapons to throw to. I think it's worth a look if I'm Elway.
-
What we already know is that the front office doesn't care about Josh McCown.
I believe he can be a solid player in the right situation but moreover a great mentor given his many years of experience in different situations in the National Football League.
I don't see Colin Kaepernick or RG3 as a mentor to anyone given their short period of success and subsequent role as team cancer and failure. (the reason I hate Terrelle Pryor less than those two is the fact that he was an Ohio State Buckeye albeit a bust)
And again don't be surprised if there will be no first round quarterback to mentor.
Hoorta might talk about Jay Gruden but I don't see any effort on his part to grab RG3.
WSS
-
Well, you make a fair point. But McCown hasn't exactly played with stellar teams, and the one time he did have good talent, he provided exceptional results (Chicago). If I was the GM of the Broncos, I'd seriously consider it. A great locker room guy with a live arm that will play with the best defense in the league? It's not the best fit in the world, but I've seen worse. Maybe we get another pick for McCown? Wouldn't that be worth it? We need picks, and if we sign RG III, we'll have enough QB's on the roster. (assuming we draft one).
-
I think the jets are looking for a backup and Josh fits that bill.
-
Well, you make a fair point. But McCown hasn't exactly played with stellar teams, and the one time he did have good talent, he provided exceptional results (Chicago). If I was the GM of the Broncos, I'd seriously consider it. A great locker room guy with a live arm that will play with the best defense in the league? It's not the best fit in the world, but I've seen worse. Maybe we get another pick for McCown? Wouldn't that be worth it? We need picks, and if we sign RG III, we'll have enough QB's on the roster. (assuming we draft one).
I don't think any steller teams really wanted him very badly. I do remember the run he had in Chicago. Flynn had 1 good game and look at the money he made. I like Josh and have lots of respect for him. The pragmatic side of me sees him going for the best draft picks they can get. And to be honest, I feel better about 2 unknown QBs going into this season than I did seeing that we were gonna start Mcown and back him up with a habit.Well, you make a fair point. But McCown hasn't exactly played with stellar teams, and the one time he did have good talent, he provided exceptional results (Chicago). If I was the GM of the Broncos, I'd seriously consider it. A great locker room guy with a live arm that will play with the best defense in the league? It's not the best fit in the world, but I've seen worse. Maybe we get another pick for McCown? Wouldn't that be worth it? We need picks, and if we sign RG III, we'll have enough QB's on the roster. (assuming we draft one).
-
I know people might laugh at this, but I think the BRONCOS should trade for McCown. That defense is so amazing that I believe a player like McCown will be able to win more games than he loses. Imagine McCown playing for a team that doesn't let the opposition score more than a few points. He'd also have some weapons to throw to. I think it's worth a look if I'm Elway.
I know people might laugh at this, but I think the BRONCOS should trade for McCown. That defense is so amazing that I believe a player like McCown will be able to win more games than he loses. Imagine McCown playing for a team that doesn't let the opposition score more than a few points. He'd also have some weapons to throw to. I think it's worth a look if I'm Elway.
I agree. They need to draft a qb. Maybe if Lynch is there at 31. Doubt it but that's what I would shoot for if I was Elway.
-
He hasn't but no one seems to be pressing to have RG3 mentor a young QB. The argument is that McCown can coach a young kid into being a good QB when he himself has never been one.
Theres absolutely things mccown can teach a new kid. Just cause he wasnt named manning doesnt mean he hasnt seen a ton of shit on the field
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login