Skip to content

Dansby to Bengals

The Browns Board
38 12 1.5k
  • @westside-steve said:

    until somebody prove that it works. My new motto: show me or blow me.

    Whose definition of "it" are you using? Yours - or Hue's?

    Hint: They're not equal.

    This is, in fact, the crux of the issue. By remaining non-specific, you can always assert that they "never showed you."

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @unsympathetic said:

    Whose definition of "it" are you using? Yours - or Hue's?

    Hint: They're not equal.

    This is, in fact, the crux of the issue. By remaining non-specific, you can always assert that they "never showed you."

    "IT" can be judged by wins & losses.
  • @westside-steve said:

    until somebody prove that it works. My new motto: show me or blow me.

    Whose definition of "it" are you using? Yours - or Hue's?

    Hint: They're not equal.

    This is, in fact, the crux of the issue. By remaining non-specific, you can always assert that they "never showed you."

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @unsympathetic said:

    Whose definition of "it" are you using? Yours - or Hue's?

    Hint: They're not equal.

    This is, in fact, the crux of the issue. By remaining non-specific, you can always assert that they "never showed you."

    "It" in this particular case would be Analytics in professional football. Didn't realize it was so unclear.

    I could be wrong, I hope I am.

    WSS

  • @unsympathetic said:

    Whose definition of "it" are you using? Yours - or Hue's?

    Hint: They're not equal.

    This is, in fact, the crux of the issue. By remaining non-specific, you can always assert that they "never showed you."

    "IT" can be judged by wins & losses.
    U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #23

    @canton-dawg said:

    "IT" can be judged by wins & losses.

    So Hue's ingame coaching choices have zero to do with an analysis of part of the process to determine the players on the roster? Good to know!

    If you'd bother to educate yourself on what actually is happening, you'd find that "analytics" is not making any decisions.. Hue, Sashi, and the rest sit in a room and talk every single thing out.

    But keep believing whatever makes you happy!

  • @canton-dawg said:

    "IT" can be judged by wins & losses.

    So Hue's ingame coaching choices have zero to do with an analysis of part of the process to determine the players on the roster? Good to know!

    If you'd bother to educate yourself on what actually is happening, you'd find that "analytics" is not making any decisions.. Hue, Sashi, and the rest sit in a room and talk every single thing out.

    But keep believing whatever makes you happy!

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by Canton Dawg
    #24

    @unsympathetic said:

    So Hue's ingame coaching choices have zero to do with an analysis of part of the process to determine the players on the roster? Good to know!

    If you'd bother to educate yourself on what actually is happening, you'd find that "analytics" is not making any decisions.. Hue, Sashi, and the rest sit in a room and talk every single thing out.

    But keep believing whatever makes you happy!

    Wins and losses are the ultimate metric, I really can't dumb it down anymore than that.

    But you keep on believing whatever nonsense you're spewing.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Dansby can suck it. He's going to Cincy as depth for when Vontaze, a real grown ass nigga, goes on suspension. Soon as Vontaze comes back, barring no one else got hurt....bet you Dansby gets cut. It's a one year deal. Not the bengals need it, but he's there primarily to tell them all about the Browns D and how they can coast even more and still beat us handily. It's a no lose for them. But yeah he ain't gonna be no big part of that defense. They're 2nd stringers are all still better than him.

    Except though, I believe Dansby never played in Ray Horton's defense. So that would be a superfluous move.

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @the-gipper said:

    Except though, I believe Dansby never played in Ray Horton's defense. So that would be a superfluous move.

    ain't mean nothin, he knows the weakness's of all our guys. He knows stuff like "hey this guy likes to use this pass rush move in this situation". I mean it's probably stuff people can watch by poring over film anyway.....but why bother when you can bring in their captain right?

  • @unsympathetic said:

    Whose definition of "it" are you using? Yours - or Hue's?

    Hint: They're not equal.

    This is, in fact, the crux of the issue. By remaining non-specific, you can always assert that they "never showed you."

    "It" in this particular case would be Analytics in professional football. Didn't realize it was so unclear.

    I could be wrong, I hope I am.

    WSS

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @westside-steve said:

    "It" in this particular case would be Analytics in professional football. Didn't realize it was so unclear.

    I could be wrong, I hope I am.

    WSS

    Putting analytics aside Hue somehow won 8 games in Oakland with Jason Campbell & Terrell Pryor at QB with not much talent anywhere else. Fast Forward to Dalton that I watched live when we beat them in 2013. Since then Dalton has done nothing but get better at the QB position & thought I'd never say it but even AJ McCarron almost survived a playoff game with a win. Analytics aside Hue gives us the best shot in 20 years to solidify the QB position..

  • @westside-steve said:

    "It" in this particular case would be Analytics in professional football. Didn't realize it was so unclear.

    I could be wrong, I hope I am.

    WSS

    Putting analytics aside Hue somehow won 8 games in Oakland with Jason Campbell & Terrell Pryor at QB with not much talent anywhere else. Fast Forward to Dalton that I watched live when we beat them in 2013. Since then Dalton has done nothing but get better at the QB position & thought I'd never say it but even AJ McCarron almost survived a playoff game with a win. Analytics aside Hue gives us the best shot in 20 years to solidify the QB position..

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @gumby73 said:

    Putting analytics aside Hue somehow won 8 games in Oakland with Jason Campbell & Terrell Pryor at QB with not much talent anywhere else. Fast Forward to Dalton that I watched live when we beat them in 2013. Since then Dalton has done nothing but get better at the QB position & thought I'd never say it but even AJ McCarron almost survived a playoff game with a win. Analytics aside Hue gives us the best shot in 20 years to solidify the QB position..

    Fair enough. Even though Jason Campbell was a first-round draft pick. So? My point is that I don't have a warm and fuzzy feeling about analytics in professional football.

    Not to mention that his success has come from building a team and not from a stellar quarterback.

  • @unsympathetic said:

    Hue loves it.

    But hey, keep laughing at things you choose not to understand.

    Personally I'm going to keep laughing until somebody prove that it works. My new motto: show me or blow me.

    WSS

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @westside-steve said:

    My new motto: show me or blow me.

    Recycling an old pick-up line?

  • @westside-steve said:

    My new motto: show me or blow me.

    Recycling an old pick-up line?

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @tour2ma said:

    Recycling an old pick-up line?

    Paraphrasing. 40 years and a hundred pounds ago as the lead singer in a rock and roll band it was show me AND blow me.

    WSS

  • @gumby73 said:

    Putting analytics aside Hue somehow won 8 games in Oakland with Jason Campbell & Terrell Pryor at QB with not much talent anywhere else. Fast Forward to Dalton that I watched live when we beat them in 2013. Since then Dalton has done nothing but get better at the QB position & thought I'd never say it but even AJ McCarron almost survived a playoff game with a win. Analytics aside Hue gives us the best shot in 20 years to solidify the QB position..

    Fair enough. Even though Jason Campbell was a first-round draft pick. So? My point is that I don't have a warm and fuzzy feeling about analytics in professional football.

    Not to mention that his success has come from building a team and not from a stellar quarterback.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #30

    @westside-steve said:

    Fair enough. Even though Jason Campbell was a first-round draft pick. So? My point is that I don't have a warm and fuzzy feeling about analytics in professional football.

    Not to mention that his success has come from building a team and not from a stellar quarterback.

    Mostly a pending opinion till we start getting a full picture of this "building thru draft with analytics" on 4-28-16. We see where all the needs are. I would think they would also involve possible FA's we may lose after next season. But one thing clearly that has not changed. Haslem & Sashi are still sitting on a pile of their cash called a 45M cap that most teams use to sprinkle in a few FA's to cover their holes before draft that they don't see filling thru draft. Sounding more like a analytic of cut players from other rosters coming in is their plan. Not a good sign yet of wanting to turn this franchise in the right direction yet, if ownership only see's it as a profit for them only.. Still time to let it play out.

  • @westside-steve said:

    Fair enough. Even though Jason Campbell was a first-round draft pick. So? My point is that I don't have a warm and fuzzy feeling about analytics in professional football.

    Not to mention that his success has come from building a team and not from a stellar quarterback.

    Mostly a pending opinion till we start getting a full picture of this "building thru draft with analytics" on 4-28-16. We see where all the needs are. I would think they would also involve possible FA's we may lose after next season. But one thing clearly that has not changed. Haslem & Sashi are still sitting on a pile of their cash called a 45M cap that most teams use to sprinkle in a few FA's to cover their holes before draft that they don't see filling thru draft. Sounding more like a analytic of cut players from other rosters coming in is their plan. Not a good sign yet of wanting to turn this franchise in the right direction yet, if ownership only see's it as a profit for them only.. Still time to let it play out.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #31

    @gumby73 said:

    Mostly a pending opinion till we start getting a full picture of this "building thru draft with analytics" on 4-28-16. We see where all the needs are. I would think they would also involve possible FA's we may lose after next season. But one thing clearly that has not changed. Haslem & Sashi are still sitting on a pile of their cash called a 45M cap that most teams use to sprinkle in a few FA's to cover their holes before draft that they don't see filling thru draft. Sounding more like a analytic of cut players from other rosters coming in is their plan. Not a good sign yet of wanting to turn this franchise in the right direction yet, if ownership only see's it as a profit for them only.. Still time to let it play out.

    I've never said I refused to give them time to let it play out. I've said analytics and professional football sounds like horseshit to me. Especially with some butt plug attorney and a baseball guy running the show . If it sounds like a brilliant scheme to you guys great. Plus I think we've kind of agreed that if it is successful it would be more in tune with picking the talents of free agents, right?

    So far it sounds to me like cutting the payroll to the Bone and understanding that the owner keeps the portion of the salary cap he doesn't spend after the league minimum at least makes me stop and think for a second about it. That's been Mike Browns Mo down in Cincinnati.

    And speaking of Analytics somebody on here said hey everybody in the league is using it! Well if that's true there goes our advantage if it's actually for real. The bronze sword was only an advantage until everybody had bronze swords.

    On the bright side a whole bunch of rookies maturing at the same time could be a great thing. So I have not given up hope.

    So what's your guess? Blue Chip quarterback at number two? Or bum in the third or fourth? round?

    WSS

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #32

    Honestly Steve, I think Hue thinks Hue can coach up any of these QB's up to Rd. 5. Goff is more ready than Wentz on field but Wentz seems like the right attitude to sit behind RG3. Goff's tude to me screams whiner. Build thru draft to me would be #2.Buckner/Jack #32 Derek Henry(done with Crow) #65 Cardale Jones (trust Hue on this one). I see RG3 as damage goods so it could go #2 Wentz/Goff #32 Spence/Henry than WR/OL in 3rd. One thing in this FO that I do like is they got everybody guessing including MKC..Perfect!!

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #33

    I feel like Hue's QB-whisperer prowess has been overblown some.

    He did some good work with raw Flacco over two years and continued Dalton's incremental development, but what else?

    • Patrick Ramsey (WSH)? Fail...
    • Carson Palmer? Never coached him in Cinci; had one of his poorer seasons under Hue in Oak.
    • Joey Harrington (ATL)? Damaged goods that he coaxed a journeyman season out of...
    • Jason Campbell (OAK)? OC'd him to a decent journeyman year, before HC'ing him to a similar one in relief of the injured Palmer.

    Looks to me like good work with good QBs on good teams that needed game managers. Maybe that's good enough?

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #34

    I don't see the Epiphany with Dalton. Incremental is a good word just as the team incrementally improved.

    The bungholes usually have a bigger window of opportunity TimeWise.

    Campbell, another guy off the Redskins scrap heap, got the hook before the end of the 8 and 8 season didn't he?

    WSS

  • I don't see the Epiphany with Dalton. Incremental is a good word just as the team incrementally improved.

    The bungholes usually have a bigger window of opportunity TimeWise.

    Campbell, another guy off the Redskins scrap heap, got the hook before the end of the 8 and 8 season didn't he?

    WSS

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @westside-steve said:

    Campbell, another guy off the Redskins scrap heap, got the hook before the end of the 8 and 8 season didn't he?

    Sort of.... I had it backwards thinking Campbell replaced an injured Palmer...

    Campbell did start the season, but in Game 6 vs. us, he was hurt (broken collarbone) and Boller came in in relief. Boller then started Game 7 vs. KC, but stunk and was pulled for Palmer who started the rest of the season.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #36

    I thought he replaced an injured Gradkowski?

    WSS

  • F Furious Styles wrote on last edited by
    #37

    "QB Whisperer" ? LMMFAO !

    in the mean time, Dansby to Bengals.

  • @westside-steve said:

    Campbell, another guy off the Redskins scrap heap, got the hook before the end of the 8 and 8 season didn't he?

    Sort of.... I had it backwards thinking Campbell replaced an injured Palmer...

    Campbell did start the season, but in Game 6 vs. us, he was hurt (broken collarbone) and Boller came in in relief. Boller then started Game 7 vs. KC, but stunk and was pulled for Palmer who started the rest of the season.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @tour2ma said:

    Sort of.... I had it backwards thinking Campbell replaced an injured Palmer...

    Campbell did start the season, but in Game 6 vs. us, he was hurt (broken collarbone) and Boller came in in relief. Boller then started Game 7 vs. KC, but stunk and was pulled for Palmer who started the rest of the season.

    They traded a first round pick for Palmer when Campbell got hurt.

    Palmer had been holding out in Cincy and Dalton was doing well as a rookie.

    Palmer was Hue's boy from USC and Cincy.

    But they were carrying three QBs all season because they had a rookie project named Terrelle Pryor

    Cambell/Boller/Pryor - Palmer/Boller/Pryor

    Zombo