Skip to content

Analytics say........ GOFF over Wentz

The Browns Board
89 28 2.9k
  • I didn't need "Anal-litticks'. to tell Me Goff was the better QB.. this is a dumb thread... I wish DepoDupa and Sushi would hire a real football man like Bill Pollian.. I dont trust these two as far as can spit.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #45

    @nickers said:

    I didn't need "Anal-litticks'. to tell Me Goff was the better QB.. this is a dumb thread...

    The role analytics play will change from round to round...

    While you shouldn't need them to spot a first round talent, you want them to confirm your board.

    By the time you get to Rnd 7 and UDFAs I'd fully expect them to have ID'd players that were not seriously on your radar prior to the findings.

    In between? More the former than the latter I'd think, but with more influence over where a player is taken than if he's taken.

    @darren15 said:

    There is a much better QB coming out of Clemson in 2017 ....take Bosa, Ramsey, Buckner or Jack at 2 a QB later in this draft ( Hogan or Prescott ) and pounce in 2017 when we have the first pick

    Sounds like a sure fire recipe for us getting an all-time trade-up offer... and missing yet another QB...

  • There is a much better QB coming out of Clemson in 2017 ....take Bosa, Ramsey, Buckner or Jack at 2 a QB later in this draft ( Hogan or Prescott ) and pounce in 2017 when we have the first pick

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @darren15 said:

    There is a much better QB coming out of Clemson in 2017 ....take Bosa, Ramsey, Buckner or Jack at 2 a QB later in this draft ( Hogan or Prescott ) and pounce in 2017 when we have the first pick

    & what if the guy blows out his knee, like Griffin did in college? There goes that plan.

    @bbedward said:

    I don't think you can really make your plans based on hoping to have the first pick next year.

    I agree- you can't make assumptions about where you're going to be drafting next year. The Browns tied for the worst record- and got bumped out of the #1 overall by strength of schedule.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I am not necessarily opposed to this. On the QBs....you know my position....I don't think these guys have the talent to warrant #2 overall selection. If you don't want to take the DE, then trade down....get multiple picks....pick up needs on defense and offense.

    Don't be surprised if they pull a deal like the one they did the year they took Phil Taylor: go down to the middle of the draft, pick up another second rounder....and a first rounder next year in a trade. This FO may in fact want some quantity over quality for this year.....and may want to accumulate assets for the future (i.e. more first round picks.)

    Don't be surprised if this happens.

    Don't be surprised if they don't trade down. ?
    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @mike-h said:

    Don't be surprised if they don't trade down.

    In other words: Don't be surprised either way.

  • @darren15 said:

    There is a much better QB coming out of Clemson in 2017 ....take Bosa, Ramsey, Buckner or Jack at 2 a QB later in this draft ( Hogan or Prescott ) and pounce in 2017 when we have the first pick

    I'm on the watson train if we don't take a QB this year.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #48

    @gftchris said:

    I'm on the watson train if we don't take a QB this year.

    I am not sure that I will board that train. A long way to go before that decision is to be made.

    Remember, last year at this time the talk was that Hackenberg and Cook could likely be the best QBs going on.

    See this: Prescott, Hackenberg, the OSU Triumvirate rated over Goff. This had Watson and Cody Kessler as the best QBs going into last season.....both are back right?

    And you don't see the name Carson Wentz in the top 25.

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #49

    Part of me hopes we pick at 2 and don't move up from 32 - the draft starts at 1am London time, the sooner we pick the sooner I go to bed!

  • Part of me hopes we pick at 2 and don't move up from 32 - the draft starts at 1am London time, the sooner we pick the sooner I go to bed!

    darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
    #50

    @gftchris said:

    Part of me hopes we pick at 2 and don't move up from 32 - the draft starts at 1am London time, the sooner we pick the sooner I go to bed!

    We will trade down out of the first round after trading down to say 25 first ....no zzzzzzz for you 🙂

  • @gftchris said:

    Part of me hopes we pick at 2 and don't move up from 32 - the draft starts at 1am London time, the sooner we pick the sooner I go to bed!

    We will trade down out of the first round after trading down to say 25 first ....no zzzzzzz for you 🙂

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #51

    @darren15 said:

    We will trade down out of the first round after trading down to say 25 first ....no zzzzzzz for you 🙂

    But look at it this way, you'll get plenty of sleep next football season on Sunday afternoons EST when the Browns go 0 + 16.

    WSS

  • @darren15 said:

    There is a much better QB coming out of Clemson in 2017 ....take Bosa, Ramsey, Buckner or Jack at 2 a QB later in this draft ( Hogan or Prescott ) and pounce in 2017 when we have the first pick

    & what if the guy blows out his knee, like Griffin did in college? There goes that plan.

    @bbedward said:

    I don't think you can really make your plans based on hoping to have the first pick next year.

    I agree- you can't make assumptions about where you're going to be drafting next year. The Browns tied for the worst record- and got bumped out of the #1 overall by strength of schedule.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #52

    @hoorta said:

    & what if the guy blows out his knee, like Griffin did in college? There goes that plan.

    I agree- you can't make assumptions about where you're going to be drafting next year. The Browns tied for the worst record- and got bumped out of the #1 overall by strength of schedule.

    He already did blow out his knee.

  • This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by nickers. View it anyway?

    Nah.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #53

    @mike-h said:

    This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by [/size]

    nickers. [/size]View it anyway?

    Nah.

    I appreciate the publicity , Pro Bono... Thank you so much..

  • BrownsnMoparB BrownsnMopar wrote on last edited by
    #54

    I'm happy either way...any pick at #2...OR

    Trade down...I say they trade with the Rams at 15 for both their #2s at 43 and 45

    We would then own picks 15 31 43 45 65 ?NICE!!!

  • I'm happy either way...any pick at #2...OR

    Trade down...I say they trade with the Rams at 15 for both their #2s at 43 and 45

    We would then own picks 15 31 43 45 65 ?NICE!!!

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #55

    @brownsnmopar said:

    I'm happy either way...any pick at #2...OR

    Trade down...I say they trade with the Rams at 15 for both their #2s at 43 and 45

    We would then own picks 15 31 43 45 65 NICE!!!

    Not enough. #2 pick is worth 2,600- #15 is worth 1,050. If I'm Sashi, I want their first, the high second, and next years first- minimum. I posted elsewhere for the Rams to jump the Browns to get to #1 overall, it will cost at least three first round picks. I doubt the Rams are going to want to pay that steep a price.

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #56

    Jimmy Donovan reported tonight that as we approach draft day, the Tits are getting phone calls from some teams that want to trade up to #1. The two teams that were mentioned was San Fran and Philly. I'm not surprised by the niners, but didn't the Eagles just sign Bradford?

  • I don't think you can really make your plans based on hoping to have the first pick next year.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @bbedward said:

    I don't think you can really make your plans based on hoping to have the first pick next year.

    You seen our team?

  • @nickers said:

    I didn't need "Anal-litticks'. to tell Me Goff was the better QB.. this is a dumb thread...

    The role analytics play will change from round to round...

    While you shouldn't need them to spot a first round talent, you want them to confirm your board.

    By the time you get to Rnd 7 and UDFAs I'd fully expect them to have ID'd players that were not seriously on your radar prior to the findings.

    In between? More the former than the latter I'd think, but with more influence over where a player is taken than if he's taken.

    @darren15 said:

    There is a much better QB coming out of Clemson in 2017 ....take Bosa, Ramsey, Buckner or Jack at 2 a QB later in this draft ( Hogan or Prescott ) and pounce in 2017 when we have the first pick

    Sounds like a sure fire recipe for us getting an all-time trade-up offer... and missing yet another QB...

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers
    #58

    @tour2ma said:

    The role analytics play will change from round to round...

    While you shouldn't need them to spot a first round talent, you want them to confirm your board.

    By the time you get to Rnd 7 and UDFAs I'd fully expect them to have ID'd players that were not seriously on your radar prior to the findings.

    In between? More the former than the latter I'd think, but with more influence over where a player is taken than if he's taken.

    Sounds like a sure fire recipe for us getting an all-time trade-up offer... and missing yet another QB...

    ..

    If this team of assholes needs "anal litticks".. were in trouble.. lol!.. It's like saying " Ok if we fuck up" we can blame this math/system because were too egg head stupid to use our eyes in the first place'.. LAME!

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #59

    Paul and Brown could work as a gm combo if they have a stat sheet for a prospect's overall love of the game. Every gm has used anal licking from day 1. I wonder what the "new" slant this duo brings to studying stat sheets? I do take a little hope in the name combo. Good omen

  • @tour2ma said:

    The role analytics play will change from round to round...

    While you shouldn't need them to spot a first round talent, you want them to confirm your board.

    By the time you get to Rnd 7 and UDFAs I'd fully expect them to have ID'd players that were not seriously on your radar prior to the findings.

    In between? More the former than the latter I'd think, but with more influence over where a player is taken than if he's taken.

    Sounds like a sure fire recipe for us getting an all-time trade-up offer... and missing yet another QB...

    ..

    If this team of assholes needs "anal litticks".. were in trouble.. lol!.. It's like saying " Ok if we fuck up" we can blame this math/system because were too egg head stupid to use our eyes in the first place'.. LAME!

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #60

    @nickers said:

    If this team of assholes needs "anal litticks".. were in trouble.. lol!.. It's like saying " Ok if we fuck up" we can blame this math/system because were too egg head stupid to use our eyes in the first place'.. LAME!

    Take a midol and come back when you are being rational.

    I hope you realize that every other team in the league uses analytics. The Browns are just now getting around to it. You act as if that is all they are going to use and none of the scouts or coaches will have input.

  • @nickers said:

    If this team of assholes needs "anal litticks".. were in trouble.. lol!.. It's like saying " Ok if we fuck up" we can blame this math/system because were too egg head stupid to use our eyes in the first place'.. LAME!

    Take a midol and come back when you are being rational.

    I hope you realize that every other team in the league uses analytics. The Browns are just now getting around to it. You act as if that is all they are going to use and none of the scouts or coaches will have input.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #61

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Take a midol and come back when you are being rational.

    I hope you realize that every other team in the league uses analytics. The Browns are just now getting around to it. You act as if that is all they are going to use and none of the scouts or coaches will have input.

    Idiots fear what they can't comprehend.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Take a midol and come back when you are being rational.

    I hope you realize that every other team in the league uses analytics. The Browns are just now getting around to it. You act as if that is all they are going to use and none of the scouts or coaches will have input.

    Idiots fear what they can't comprehend.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #62

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Idiots fear what they can't comprehend.

    Or conversely jump right on the bandwagon.

    🙂

    WSS

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #63

    "Analytics" is not a single entity with one idea. That's very much like saying All Liberals Think (xyz) in politics.

    [Pro tip: Every time you see someone say All Liberals Think, whatever follows in the XYZ is guaranteed to be 100% pure bullshit. Deal with it.]

    The OP of this thread is NOT posting the collected gathered wisdom of all QB analysts who each have their own opinion on the Goff/Wentz discussion... rather, one ESPN analysis was posted. Thus, the title of the thread was incorrect. Instead of "Analytics says", a correct title would be "One analysis says"

    "Analytics" does not say anything on "its" own. Any analytics deliverable is the product of the analysts who create it.. thus, analytics is by its very nature quite nuanced. A leader then USES those analytics to support their conclusion.

    Hue Jackson has commented many times on the importance the Browns place on his input and loves him some analytics.

    "Analytics is just a part of it. It’s not the whole thing, but it’s a piece of it. Eventually, everybody’s going to be doing what we’re doing."

  • Paul and Brown could work as a gm combo if they have a stat sheet for a prospect's overall love of the game. Every gm has used anal licking from day 1. I wonder what the "new" slant this duo brings to studying stat sheets? I do take a little hope in the name combo. Good omen

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #64

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Paul and Brown could work as a gm combo if they have a stat sheet for a prospect's overall love of the game. Every gm has used anal licking from day 1. I wonder what the "new" slant this duo brings to studying stat sheets? I do take a little hope in the name combo. Good omen

    I saw that.

    And even Paul Brown wasn't infallible. He drafted Bobby Garrett.....#1 overall....but who could not call plays because of stuttering.

    And he traded away or let go of Len Dawson, Doug Atkins, Willie Davis, Henry Jordan, Dick LeBeau....all future HOF with other teams.