Analytics say........ GOFF over Wentz
-
Jimmy Donovan reported tonight that as we approach draft day, the Tits are getting phone calls from some teams that want to trade up to #1. The two teams that were mentioned was San Fran and Philly. I'm not surprised by the niners, but didn't the Eagles just sign Bradford?
-
I don't think you can really make your plans based on hoping to have the first pick next year.
-
I didn't need "Anal-litticks'. to tell Me Goff was the better QB.. this is a dumb thread...
The role analytics play will change from round to round...
While you shouldn't need them to spot a first round talent, you want them to confirm your board.
By the time you get to Rnd 7 and UDFAs I'd fully expect them to have ID'd players that were not seriously on your radar prior to the findings.
In between? More the former than the latter I'd think, but with more influence over where a player is taken than if he's taken.
There is a much better QB coming out of Clemson in 2017 ....take Bosa, Ramsey, Buckner or Jack at 2 a QB later in this draft ( Hogan or Prescott ) and pounce in 2017 when we have the first pick
Sounds like a sure fire recipe for us getting an all-time trade-up offer... and missing yet another QB...
The role analytics play will change from round to round...
While you shouldn't need them to spot a first round talent, you want them to confirm your board.
By the time you get to Rnd 7 and UDFAs I'd fully expect them to have ID'd players that were not seriously on your radar prior to the findings.
In between? More the former than the latter I'd think, but with more influence over where a player is taken than if he's taken.
Sounds like a sure fire recipe for us getting an all-time trade-up offer... and missing yet another QB...
..
If this team of assholes needs "anal litticks".. were in trouble.. lol!.. It's like saying " Ok if we fuck up" we can blame this math/system because were too egg head stupid to use our eyes in the first place'.. LAME!
-
Paul and Brown could work as a gm combo if they have a stat sheet for a prospect's overall love of the game. Every gm has used anal licking from day 1. I wonder what the "new" slant this duo brings to studying stat sheets? I do take a little hope in the name combo. Good omen
-
The role analytics play will change from round to round...
While you shouldn't need them to spot a first round talent, you want them to confirm your board.
By the time you get to Rnd 7 and UDFAs I'd fully expect them to have ID'd players that were not seriously on your radar prior to the findings.
In between? More the former than the latter I'd think, but with more influence over where a player is taken than if he's taken.
Sounds like a sure fire recipe for us getting an all-time trade-up offer... and missing yet another QB...
..
If this team of assholes needs "anal litticks".. were in trouble.. lol!.. It's like saying " Ok if we fuck up" we can blame this math/system because were too egg head stupid to use our eyes in the first place'.. LAME!
If this team of assholes needs "anal litticks".. were in trouble.. lol!.. It's like saying " Ok if we fuck up" we can blame this math/system because were too egg head stupid to use our eyes in the first place'.. LAME!
Take a midol and come back when you are being rational.
I hope you realize that every other team in the league uses analytics. The Browns are just now getting around to it. You act as if that is all they are going to use and none of the scouts or coaches will have input.
-
If this team of assholes needs "anal litticks".. were in trouble.. lol!.. It's like saying " Ok if we fuck up" we can blame this math/system because were too egg head stupid to use our eyes in the first place'.. LAME!
Take a midol and come back when you are being rational.
I hope you realize that every other team in the league uses analytics. The Browns are just now getting around to it. You act as if that is all they are going to use and none of the scouts or coaches will have input.
Take a midol and come back when you are being rational.
I hope you realize that every other team in the league uses analytics. The Browns are just now getting around to it. You act as if that is all they are going to use and none of the scouts or coaches will have input.
Idiots fear what they can't comprehend.
-
Take a midol and come back when you are being rational.
I hope you realize that every other team in the league uses analytics. The Browns are just now getting around to it. You act as if that is all they are going to use and none of the scouts or coaches will have input.
Idiots fear what they can't comprehend.
Idiots fear what they can't comprehend.
Or conversely jump right on the bandwagon.

WSS
-
"Analytics" is not a single entity with one idea. That's very much like saying All Liberals Think (xyz) in politics.
[Pro tip: Every time you see someone say All Liberals Think, whatever follows in the XYZ is guaranteed to be 100% pure bullshit. Deal with it.]
The OP of this thread is NOT posting the collected gathered wisdom of all QB analysts who each have their own opinion on the Goff/Wentz discussion... rather, one ESPN analysis was posted. Thus, the title of the thread was incorrect. Instead of "Analytics says", a correct title would be "One analysis says"
"Analytics" does not say anything on "its" own. Any analytics deliverable is the product of the analysts who create it.. thus, analytics is by its very nature quite nuanced. A leader then USES those analytics to support their conclusion.
Hue Jackson has commented many times on the importance the Browns place on his input and loves him some analytics.
"Analytics is just a part of it. It’s not the whole thing, but it’s a piece of it. Eventually, everybody’s going to be doing what we’re doing."
-
Paul and Brown could work as a gm combo if they have a stat sheet for a prospect's overall love of the game. Every gm has used anal licking from day 1. I wonder what the "new" slant this duo brings to studying stat sheets? I do take a little hope in the name combo. Good omen
Paul and Brown could work as a gm combo if they have a stat sheet for a prospect's overall love of the game. Every gm has used anal licking from day 1. I wonder what the "new" slant this duo brings to studying stat sheets? I do take a little hope in the name combo. Good omen
I saw that.
And even Paul Brown wasn't infallible. He drafted Bobby Garrett.....#1 overall....but who could not call plays because of stuttering.
And he traded away or let go of Len Dawson, Doug Atkins, Willie Davis, Henry Jordan, Dick LeBeau....all future HOF with other teams.
-
Jimmy Donovan reported tonight that as we approach draft day, the Tits are getting phone calls from some teams that want to trade up to #1. The two teams that were mentioned was San Fran and Philly. I'm not surprised by the niners, but didn't the Eagles just sign Bradford?
Jimmy Donovan reported tonight that as we approach draft day, the Tits are getting phone calls from some teams that want to trade up to #1. The two teams that were mentioned was San Fran and Philly. I'm not surprised by the niners, but didn't the Eagles just sign Bradford?
The Iggles are counting on Bradford as much as we're counting on RG III. Continuing with the Draft value chart, for the Niners or Eagles to jump us- It's this years first & second + next year's first- minimum. There's always the first overall pick and Quarterback premium to consider. The question is would the Titans want to move down that far and how much they value top guys that fill positions of need. Adios Tunsil, Ramsey, & Bosa.
BTW, assuming we do get jumped and have both QBs rated equally- we just take the one they don't. The Browns do have the Ace in the Hole card. If they really want either Wentz or Goff, the Browns cost to move up one slot is the #32 pick. Browns get the guy they want, and the Titans can wheel & deal from #2, or take Tunsil. (I don't think Cleveland would do it, as the first pick on day two is really valuable) I really could see the Browns trading down out of #32.
-
Jimmy Donovan reported tonight that as we approach draft day, the Tits are getting phone calls from some teams that want to trade up to #1. The two teams that were mentioned was San Fran and Philly. I'm not surprised by the niners, but didn't the Eagles just sign Bradford?
The Iggles are counting on Bradford as much as we're counting on RG III. Continuing with the Draft value chart, for the Niners or Eagles to jump us- It's this years first & second + next year's first- minimum. There's always the first overall pick and Quarterback premium to consider. The question is would the Titans want to move down that far and how much they value top guys that fill positions of need. Adios Tunsil, Ramsey, & Bosa.
BTW, assuming we do get jumped and have both QBs rated equally- we just take the one they don't. The Browns do have the Ace in the Hole card. If they really want either Wentz or Goff, the Browns cost to move up one slot is the #32 pick. Browns get the guy they want, and the Titans can wheel & deal from #2, or take Tunsil. (I don't think Cleveland would do it, as the first pick on day two is really valuable) I really could see the Browns trading down out of #32.
The Iggles are counting on Bradford as much as we're counting on RG III. Continuing with the Draft value chart, for the Niners or Eagles to jump us- It's this years first & second + next year's first- minimum. There's always the first overall pick and Quarterback premium to consider. The question is would the Titans want to move down that far and how much they value top guys that fill positions of need. Adios Tunsil, Ramsey, & Bosa.
BTW, assuming we do get jumped and have both QBs rated equally- we just take the one they don't. The Browns do have the Ace in the Hole card. If they really want either Wentz or Goff, the Browns cost to move up one slot is the #32 pick. Browns get the guy they want, and the Titans can wheel & deal from #2, or take Tunsil. (I don't think Cleveland would do it, as the first pick on day two is really valuable) I really could see the Browns trading down out of #32.
I would not like to see that. That #32 spot I view as almost another first round pick (which it would be but for the NE forfeiture of their pick). So, I want to keep our "second first round pick".
-
Jimmy Donovan reported tonight that as we approach draft day, the Tits are getting phone calls from some teams that want to trade up to #1. The two teams that were mentioned was San Fran and Philly. I'm not surprised by the niners, but didn't the Eagles just sign Bradford?
The Iggles are counting on Bradford as much as we're counting on RG III. Continuing with the Draft value chart, for the Niners or Eagles to jump us- It's this years first & second + next year's first- minimum. There's always the first overall pick and Quarterback premium to consider. The question is would the Titans want to move down that far and how much they value top guys that fill positions of need. Adios Tunsil, Ramsey, & Bosa.
BTW, assuming we do get jumped and have both QBs rated equally- we just take the one they don't. The Browns do have the Ace in the Hole card. If they really want either Wentz or Goff, the Browns cost to move up one slot is the #32 pick. Browns get the guy they want, and the Titans can wheel & deal from #2, or take Tunsil. (I don't think Cleveland would do it, as the first pick on day two is really valuable) I really could see the Browns trading down out of #32.
The Iggles are counting on Bradford as much as we're counting on RG III. Continuing with the Draft value chart, for the Niners or Eagles to jump us- It's this years first & second + next year's first- minimum. There's always the first overall pick and Quarterback premium to consider. The question is would the Titans want to move down that far and how much they value top guys that fill positions of need. Adios Tunsil, Ramsey, & Bosa.
BTW, assuming we do get jumped and have both QBs rated equally- we just take the one they don't. The Browns do have the Ace in the Hole card. If they really want either Wentz or Goff, the Browns cost to move up one slot is the #32 pick. Browns get the guy they want, and the Titans can wheel & deal from #2, or take Tunsil. (I don't think Cleveland would do it, as the first pick on day two is really valuable) I really could see the Browns trading down out of #32.
Philly has no 2nd rounder this year & that HAS to be a trade up killer for them. They would literally have to give up the farm to get to #1 OR #2. Just my opinion.
Mike
-
The Iggles are counting on Bradford as much as we're counting on RG III. Continuing with the Draft value chart, for the Niners or Eagles to jump us- It's this years first & second + next year's first- minimum. There's always the first overall pick and Quarterback premium to consider. The question is would the Titans want to move down that far and how much they value top guys that fill positions of need. Adios Tunsil, Ramsey, & Bosa.
BTW, assuming we do get jumped and have both QBs rated equally- we just take the one they don't. The Browns do have the Ace in the Hole card. If they really want either Wentz or Goff, the Browns cost to move up one slot is the #32 pick. Browns get the guy they want, and the Titans can wheel & deal from #2, or take Tunsil. (I don't think Cleveland would do it, as the first pick on day two is really valuable) I really could see the Browns trading down out of #32.
Philly has no 2nd rounder this year & that HAS to be a trade up killer for them. They would literally have to give up the farm to get to #1 OR #2. Just my opinion.
Mike
Philly has no 2nd rounder this year & that HAS to be a trade up killer for them. They would literally have to give up the farm to get to #1 OR #2. Just my opinion.
Mike
Thanks Mike, didn't realize that. Yup- it would cost Philly three firsts, this years first and next years 1st & 2nd, or do a Ditka, and offer the entire 2016 draft. The other trade to #1 I've been hearing is the Rams- and their first @ #15, and both seconds isn't enough ammunition IMHO.
That leaves Dallas or the 49ers as the only realistic teams that may want to trade up for a quarterback.
-
Idiots fear what they can't comprehend.
Or conversely jump right on the bandwagon.

WSS
Or conversely jump right on the bandwagon.

WSS
Considering I've been preaching about using analytics to make more informed decisions for, oh, 7 years...I'd say that bandwagon jumped on me.
-
If this team of assholes needs "anal litticks".. were in trouble.. lol!.. It's like saying " Ok if we fuck up" we can blame this math/system because were too egg head stupid to use our eyes in the first place'.. LAME!
Take a midol and come back when you are being rational.
I hope you realize that every other team in the league uses analytics. The Browns are just now getting around to it. You act as if that is all they are going to use and none of the scouts or coaches will have input.
Take a midol and come back when you are being rational.
I hope you realize that every other team in the league uses analytics. The Browns are just now getting around to it. You act as if that is all they are going to use and none of the scouts or coaches will have input.
I don't think the Steelers use Anal-litticks.. they have a guy in Kevin Colbert who knows how to draft...
-
Take a midol and come back when you are being rational.
I hope you realize that every other team in the league uses analytics. The Browns are just now getting around to it. You act as if that is all they are going to use and none of the scouts or coaches will have input.
I don't think the Steelers use Anal-litticks.. they have a guy in Kevin Colbert who knows how to draft...
-
This is now one of the fucking dumbest things I've read.
We understand your mentally incapacitated.. If its too hard to understand.. Try reading Dr. Seuss..
-
Take a midol and come back when you are being rational.
I hope you realize that every other team in the league uses analytics. The Browns are just now getting around to it. You act as if that is all they are going to use and none of the scouts or coaches will have input.
I don't think the Steelers use Anal-litticks.. they have a guy in Kevin Colbert who knows how to draft...
-
Take a midol and come back when you are being rational.
I hope you realize that every other team in the league uses analytics. The Browns are just now getting around to it. You act as if that is all they are going to use and none of the scouts or coaches will have input.
I don't think the Steelers use Anal-litticks.. they have a guy in Kevin Colbert who knows how to draft...
-
You would be dead wrong about that, I am certain. All sports team....including NFL drafting use analytics. They just haven't pronounced it as openly as the Browns.
So it gives us absolutely zero advantage, correct?
WSS
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login