Rams trade to number 1
-
This is basically the best case scenario, and worst case scenario at the same time. If there is a QB that we had targeted, there is a good chance that we don't get him now. While on the other hand, many people I've heard discussing analytics have stated that acquiring picks is the way to go.
I think there's NO WAY we stay at number two. In fact, I don't see HOW we can. Just look at the number of impactful free agents we lost, AND the veterans that we've cut! And I'm not talking about veterans just taking up space, I'm talking about STARTERS. How in the hell do you replace that kind of loss? Well, you don't in one year, but you start by getting as many picks as possible. You DON'T stay at number two, no matter what.
We aren't going to be good this year (news flash!), and we're probably not going to be good next year. We need picks, and we need them to be GOOD picks. We're going to trade with the Eagles, and I think it's probably about a done deal.
This is basically the best case scenario, and worst case scenario at the same time. If there is a QB that we had targeted, there is a good chance that we don't get him now. While on the other hand, many people I've heard discussing analytics have stated that acquiring picks is the way to go.
I think there's NO WAY we stay at number two. In fact, I don't see HOW we can. Just look at the number of impactful free agents we lost, AND the veterans that we've cut! And I'm not talking about veterans just taking up space, I'm talking about STARTERS. How in the hell do you replace that kind of loss? Well, you don't in one year, but you start by getting as many picks as possible. You DON'T stay at number two, no matter what.
We aren't going to be good this year (news flash!), and we're probably not going to be good next year. We need picks, and we need them to be GOOD picks. We're going to trade with the Eagles, and I think it's probably about a
This would be a bad move, yes we are going to be bad, but if there is a top QB you take them. For some reason Browns fans are under the delusion that trading back is awesome and that picking a QB later is awesome. News flash, we suck at the trade back, news flash #2 no QB we have picked late has panned out. Also, there is no guarantee next year we will be in position to do grab a QB, we may suck just enough so that the good ones are gone. If you are in position to grab the guy now you take him, you don't pass over him so you can get a LB and DB instead. In fact I wouldn't mind us drafting two QBs in this draft, whover at #2 and perhaps on in the 4th.
-
If Wentz is their guy and Goff was always ours (or vice versa) then nothing has really changed for us other than the soar in value of the number 2 pick.
You can almost hear the buttons on the calculators in the FO thumping.
-
This is basically the best case scenario, and worst case scenario at the same time. If there is a QB that we had targeted, there is a good chance that we don't get him now. While on the other hand, many people I've heard discussing analytics have stated that acquiring picks is the way to go.
I think there's NO WAY we stay at number two. In fact, I don't see HOW we can. Just look at the number of impactful free agents we lost, AND the veterans that we've cut! And I'm not talking about veterans just taking up space, I'm talking about STARTERS. How in the hell do you replace that kind of loss? Well, you don't in one year, but you start by getting as many picks as possible. You DON'T stay at number two, no matter what.
We aren't going to be good this year (news flash!), and we're probably not going to be good next year. We need picks, and we need them to be GOOD picks. We're going to trade with the Eagles, and I think it's probably about a
This would be a bad move, yes we are going to be bad, but if there is a top QB you take them. For some reason Browns fans are under the delusion that trading back is awesome and that picking a QB later is awesome. News flash, we suck at the trade back, news flash #2 no QB we have picked late has panned out. Also, there is no guarantee next year we will be in position to do grab a QB, we may suck just enough so that the good ones are gone. If you are in position to grab the guy now you take him, you don't pass over him so you can get a LB and DB instead. In fact I wouldn't mind us drafting two QBs in this draft, whover at #2 and perhaps on in the 4th.
This would be a bad move, yes we are going to be bad, but if there is a top QB you take them. For some reason Browns fans are under the delusion that trading back is awesome and that picking a QB later is awesome. News flash, we suck at the trade back, news flash #2 no QB we have picked late has panned out. Also, there is no guarantee next year we will be in position to do grab a QB, we may suck just enough so that the good ones are gone. If you are in position to grab the guy now you take him, you don't pass over him so you can get a LB and DB instead. In fact I wouldn't mind us drafting two QBs in this draft, whover at #2 and perhaps on in the 4th.
But what if your draft board is not so high for the 2nd QB. Do you reach if you have him as a mid-rounder or do you trade down if you think there are 2-3 midrounders you can live with? I think Wentz is a goner and I also think that in our division Goff is not rugged enough to make it through a season without injury. That in my mind makes him a mid-rounder along with Lynch and Prescott who I think now the Broncos will take in the 1st round.
If Wentz is gone like many analysts believe, I trade down. Goff is too big a future injury risk to take at #2 overall.
-
This would be a bad move, yes we are going to be bad, but if there is a top QB you take them. For some reason Browns fans are under the delusion that trading back is awesome and that picking a QB later is awesome. News flash, we suck at the trade back, news flash #2 no QB we have picked late has panned out. Also, there is no guarantee next year we will be in position to do grab a QB, we may suck just enough so that the good ones are gone. If you are in position to grab the guy now you take him, you don't pass over him so you can get a LB and DB instead. In fact I wouldn't mind us drafting two QBs in this draft, whover at #2 and perhaps on in the 4th.
But what if your draft board is not so high for the 2nd QB. Do you reach if you have him as a mid-rounder or do you trade down if you think there are 2-3 midrounders you can live with? I think Wentz is a goner and I also think that in our division Goff is not rugged enough to make it through a season without injury. That in my mind makes him a mid-rounder along with Lynch and Prescott who I think now the Broncos will take in the 1st round.
If Wentz is gone like many analysts believe, I trade down. Goff is too big a future injury risk to take at #2 overall.
But what if your draft board is not so high for the 2nd QB. Do you reach if you have him as a mid-rounder or do you trade down if you think there are 2-3 midrounders you can live with? I think Wentz is a goner and I also think that in our division Goff is not rugged enough to make it through a season without injury. That in my mind makes him a mid-rounder along with Lynch and Prescott who I think now the Broncos will take in the 1st round.
If Wentz is gone like many analysts believe, I trade down. Goff is too big a future injury risk to take at #2 overall.
Yeah but take a guess how many games he's missed to injury in 3 years starting. Now compare that to Wentz should we choose to include what history tells us. Dan Marino's quick release in the pocket once upon a time sure kept him healthy enough to start a long time in this league. The only time I remembered him getting injured was when he tore his achilles tendon against us.
Why is Lynch a mid rounder when he's better than any QB Denver has right now? QB supply and demand rarely ever cooperates with BPA standards.
-
To quote Rocky Balboa: "Absolutely".
Didn't they film the Exorcist in Philly? If so, this franchise could really use the priest.
-
To quote Rocky Balboa: "Absolutely".
Didn't they film the Exorcist in Philly? If so, this franchise could really use the priest.
Didn't they film the Exorcist in Philly? If so, this franchise could really use the priest.
No... filmed in Georgetown, D.C. Right where the story was set.
Goff is too big a future injury risk to take at #2 overall.
lol... Well, someone had to play the injury card first...
-
I disagree with the notion that trading down is the option if Wentz is taken. I think the Browns didn't want Wentz at all.
Wentz has not been invited to Berea as one of the Browns' 30 allowed visits.
One of the following is true:
1) They ranked Wentz highest but neither invited him to Berea nor conducted private workouts with him.
2) They ranked Goff highest and have "kicked the tires" by conducting private interviews and workouts in Berea with him.
-
1. They don't need to have Wentz in, there are no questions they
would need answered.
2. Goff is an unknown off the field, so far, so they need to know him a lot
better....
http://www.profootballrumors.com/
- Cowboys personnel worked out Jared Goff on Saturday morning in Berkley, Calif. Jason Garrett and Jerry Jones were among the team’s representatives there, and Jones, per Peter King (on Twitter), loved what he saw from the Cal quarterback. The Cowboys pick fourth, and after the Rams’ trade that allowed them to vault from No. 15 to No. 1, and may not be in position to take Goff any longer.
If the Rams take Wentz, and ruin the first round, lol, look for Dallas to trade up with the Browns to get Goff.
Then the Browns can go defense with the first pick.
-
It's going to be an interesting evening. I hope the Browns tavern is open that night. I'll swing in for a bit.
-
1. They don't need to have Wentz in, there are no questions they
would need answered.
2. Goff is an unknown off the field, so far, so they need to know him a lot
better....
http://www.profootballrumors.com/
- Cowboys personnel worked out Jared Goff on Saturday morning in Berkley, Calif. Jason Garrett and Jerry Jones were among the team’s representatives there, and Jones, per Peter King (on Twitter), loved what he saw from the Cal quarterback. The Cowboys pick fourth, and after the Rams’ trade that allowed them to vault from No. 15 to No. 1, and may not be in position to take Goff any longer.
If the Rams take Wentz, and ruin the first round, lol, look for Dallas to trade up with the Browns to get Goff.
Then the Browns can go defense with the first pick.
1. They don't need to have Wentz in, there are no questions they
would need answered.
2. Goff is an unknown off the field, so far, so they need to know him a lot
better....
http://www.profootballrumors.com/
- Cowboys personnel worked out Jared Goff on Saturday morning in Berkley, Calif. Jason Garrett and Jerry Jones were among the team’s representatives there, and Jones, per Peter King (on Twitter), loved what he saw from the Cal quarterback. The Cowboys pick fourth, and after the Rams’ trade that allowed them to vault from No. 15 to No. 1, and may not be in position to take Goff any longer.
If the Rams take Wentz, and ruin the first round, lol, look for Dallas to trade up with the Browns to get Goff.
Then the Browns can go defense with the first pick.
If the Browns make that trade.....go from #2 to #4..... Under the Draft Trade Value chart it should look like this:
#2 = 2600 pts given up by Browns
Cowboys give up:
#4= 1800 pts subtotal= 1800
#34 =560 pts subtotal= 2360
#67 = 255 pts subtotal = 2615
Then maybe the Browns give back one of their 7th rounders.
Now complete this sentence: With the #4 pick in the 2016 NFL draft, the Cleveland Browns select_________
(knowing that Goff and Wentz are both gone)
-
Dropping 2 spots gives us another 2nd and a 3rd...like that scenario
-
-
Didn't they film the Exorcist in Philly? If so, this franchise could really use the priest.
No... filmed in Georgetown, D.C. Right where the story was set.
Goff is too big a future injury risk to take at #2 overall.
lol... Well, someone had to play the injury card first...
-
Now complete this sentence: With the #4 pick in the 2016 NFL draft, the Cleveland Browns select_________
Joey Bosa.
Per Fox Sports the Browns 5 biggest needs are:
A. QB......Goff/Wentz gone by #4
B. Wide Receiver....none available that warrant #4, fair to say?
C. Edge Rusher
D. Defensive Line
E. Linebacker
Now, some could say that that is redundant...and it could be unless they are saying the Browns need:
C. an edge Rusher...
D. a DT run stopper
E. an inside LB run stopper
So,
1. in our 3-4 our DEs are John Hughes The Sausage King, and Desmond Bryant, backed up by Xavier Cooper and Dylan Wynn. I think it is fair to say that an upgrade there could be in order.
2. Our OLBs are Kruger and Orchard backed up by Mingo and Armonty Bryant (whose status is sketchy). I don't know about you.....on paper this group sounds good....but does it perform up to par?
3. Our DT is Shelton, backed up by Meder. I don't see the Browns investing heavily in the DT/NT spot...perhaps a mid/late round pick
4. Our starting ILBs are Demario Davis and Christian Kirksey backed up by Tank Carder and Justin Tuggle. Davis and Tuggle were perhaps the Browns biggest FA pickups....so these guys seem set....though I can't say we couldn't do better....and also here, I don't think there is a player rated Top 5 material that we would take.
So, to me the way to go is to get the most versatile defensive player we can....and the one to make the biggest impact.
I think that is Bosa. For those of you who say silliness like "he can't play in a 3-4" I say bullcrap. What he can do is play football. He can run over people, he can run around people, he can run people down from behind. He has played inside, he has played outside, he has rushed, he has covered, he has stopped the run. He is versatile. I may not know exactly how good some others are that could be considered...like the other DE or the DB....but I know how good he is....and if they are supposed to be better, then they better measure them for their gold jackets.
-
Agreed I like Bosa even at 2
-
you take bosa at 4 then trade 32 and 34 for a mid 1st round pick and take paxton lynch.
-
you take bosa at 4 then trade 32 and 34 for a mid 1st round pick and take paxton lynch.
you take bosa at 4 then trade 32 and 34 for a mid 1st round pick and take paxton lynch.
OK, that would be fine by me. Unlike others, I still think Lynch may in fact be every bit as good or better than the other 2. (and that is NOT just because Ghoolie says so)
-
1. They don't need to have Wentz in, there are no questions they
would need answered.
2. Goff is an unknown off the field, so far, so they need to know him a lot
better....
http://www.profootballrumors.com/
- Cowboys personnel worked out Jared Goff on Saturday morning in Berkley, Calif. Jason Garrett and Jerry Jones were among the team’s representatives there, and Jones, per Peter King (on Twitter), loved what he saw from the Cal quarterback. The Cowboys pick fourth, and after the Rams’ trade that allowed them to vault from No. 15 to No. 1, and may not be in position to take Goff any longer.
If the Rams take Wentz, and ruin the first round, lol, look for Dallas to trade up with the Browns to get Goff.
Then the Browns can go defense with the first pick.
If the Browns make that trade.....go from #2 to #4..... Under the Draft Trade Value chart it should look like this:
#2 = 2600 pts given up by Browns
Cowboys give up:
#4= 1800 pts subtotal= 1800
#34 =560 pts subtotal= 2360
#67 = 255 pts subtotal = 2615
Then maybe the Browns give back one of their 7th rounders.
Now complete this sentence: With the #4 pick in the 2016 NFL draft, the Cleveland Browns select_________
(knowing that Goff and Wentz are both gone)
If the Browns make that trade.....go from #2 to #4..... Under the Draft Trade Value chart it should look like this:
#2 = 2600 pts given up by Browns
Cowboys give up:
#4= 1800 pts subtotal= 1800
#34 =560 pts subtotal= 2360
#67 = 255 pts subtotal = 2615
Then maybe the Browns give back one of their 7th rounders.
Now complete this sentence: With the #4 pick in the 2016 NFL draft, the Cleveland Browns select_________
(knowing that Goff and Wentz are both gone)
SCREW fairness & the draft value chart...If the Cowboys want our #2 bad enough, take everything we can get!
Mike
-
rams pick goff because he's their new home town favorite and will put asses in the seats.
browns take wentz.
and paxton lynch is still a bum.
-
I don't post often but I do like to read my fellow Brownie fan's thoughts and this is my favorite forum. Regarding what we do with #2 is such a no brainer it's getting difficult to stomach the thought of trading this pick. Goff is so reminiscent of Matt Ryan it's eerie, he will have a great NFL career as a starter and there will be plenty of time to fill our holes and build the team around this kid. Wentz will probably go #1, but if he doesn't, we have a QB with one of the quickest releases to come out in years. A guy with so much poise and compact throwing motion and running ability it's like creating the perfect Madden QB. He just needs time to adjust for NFL speed. Yes we have holes at WR OT CB ILB OLB SS FS RB I get it, too many damn holes to fill in one year anyway. We can trade 32 for more picks. GET THE QB!!!!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login


