Skip to content

Camp Zeke

The Browns Board
170 36 4.1k
  • I could live with anyone NOT an OL with the exception of Tunsil.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Didn't see a guy named Springsteen on the draft eligible list.

    He pulled out of the draft when he heard that the Panthers might take him.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    He pulled out of the draft when he heard that the Panthers might take him.

    WSS

    Gold, Jerry. Gold.

  • If we take Ramsey at 8 I'll burn my Browns gear.

    @tiamat63 said:

    If we take Ramsey at 8 I'll burn my Browns gear.

    I'm confused. Even if you think he's overrated, that pick would be regarded by pretty much everyone as a steal.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    If we take Ramsey at 8 I'll burn my Browns gear.

    I'm confused. Even if you think he's overrated, that pick would be regarded by pretty much everyone as a steal.

    @wargograw said:

    I'm confused. Even if you think he's overrated, that pick would be regarded by pretty much everyone as a steal.

    Who is 'everyone' ? ESPN?

  • Dude, we're not taking Zeke. We're not going to start a rebuild with a RB when the average shelf life of a RB is 3 years.

    Its not happening. What's most likely is we end up trading down again, probably to 13 with Miami.

  • This offense needs a doctor. Josh Doctson at 8 if we can't find another slight trade down offer. Then Karl Joseph at the top of the second round.

    Another intriguing combination would be Ramsey at 8 and Doctson at 32.

    Or, Ramsey at 8 and Joseph at 32.

    I would also like Bosa at 8 and Doctson/Joseph at 32.

    If we could find a way to get Bosa/Ramsey Doctson/Joseph Killebrew/Boehringer/ScoobyWright3

    Imagine if we had:

    WR- Gordon

    WR- Doctson

    WR- Boehringer

    WR- Core/Peake

    DB- Haden

    DB- Ramsey

    SS- Killebrew

    FS- Joseph

    @poeticg said:

    This offense needs a doctor. Josh Doctson at 8 if we can't find another slight trade down offer. Then Karl Joseph at the top of the second round.

    Another intriguing combination would be Ramsey at 8 and Doctson at 32.

    Or, Ramsey at 8 and Joseph at 32.

    I would also like Bosa at 8 and Doctson/Joseph at 32.

    If we could find a way to get Bosa/Ramsey Doctson/Joseph Killebrew/Boehringer/ScoobyWright3

    Imagine if we had:

    WR- Gordon

    WR- Doctson

    WR- Boehringer

    WR- Core/Peake

    DB- Haden

    DB- Ramsey

    SS- Killebrew

    FS- Josephlo

    If not Zeke, Ramsey at 8 and Joseph at 32 would be awesome. The AFC version of Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor.

  • If having potentially the best RB in football on your team is overrated, then fuck the NFL. Jim Brown would slip into the second round according to all these fucking experts.

  • Merge with his other 'we gotta take elliott' thread?

  • @wargograw said:

    I'm confused. Even if you think he's overrated, that pick would be regarded by pretty much everyone as a steal.

    Who is 'everyone' ? ESPN?

    @tiamat63 said:

    Who is 'everyone' ? ESPN?

    Pretty much every entity that's made a draft board.

  • Dude, we're not taking Zeke. We're not going to start a rebuild with a RB when the average shelf life of a RB is 3 years.

    Its not happening. What's most likely is we end up trading down again, probably to 13 with Miami.

    @spek216 said:

    Dude, we're not taking Zeke. We're not going to start a rebuild with a RB when the average shelf life of a RB is 3 years.

    Its not happening. What's most likely is we end up trading down again, probably to 13 with Miami.

    It's not 3 years for good RBs. We could get 8-9. Though I'll concede that he could easily become too expensive after his initial contract.

  • @spek216 said:

    Dude, we're not taking Zeke. We're not going to start a rebuild with a RB when the average shelf life of a RB is 3 years.

    Its not happening. What's most likely is we end up trading down again, probably to 13 with Miami.

    It's not 3 years for good RBs. We could get 8-9. Though I'll concede that he could easily become too expensive after his initial contract.

    @wargograw said:

    It's not 3 years for good RBs. We could get 8-9. Though I'll concede that he could easily become too expensive after his initial contract.

    How do you know he's gonna be good? Sure, his chances are better than most but look at Melvin Gordon, Trent Richardson.. And my point about the 3 yrs shelf life wasn't about lack of talent, it was about injury and wear and tear on the body

  • I want Zeke too but there's no way we take him at 8. He might be available in the 20s we can possibly trade up for him but I doubt it.

  • If we take Ramsey at 8 I'll burn my Browns gear.

    @tiamat63 said:

    If we take Ramsey at 8 I'll burn my Browns gear.

    And here I was planning to buy you a Ramsey jersey for Christmas...

    @texasag1969 said:

    I could live with anyone NOT an OL with the exception of Tunsil.

    Seconded...

    VesnaKociper said:

    Personally, I like this Sashi guy.

    Now... but will you come Saturday nite?

  • @wargograw said:

    It's not 3 years for good RBs. We could get 8-9. Though I'll concede that he could easily become too expensive after his initial contract.

    How do you know he's gonna be good? Sure, his chances are better than most but look at Melvin Gordon, Trent Richardson.. And my point about the 3 yrs shelf life wasn't about lack of talent, it was about injury and wear and tear on the body

    @spek216 said:

    How do you know he's gonna be good? Sure, his chances are better than most but look at Melvin Gordon, Trent Richardson.. And my point about the 3 yrs shelf life wasn't about lack of talent, it was about injury and wear and tear on the body

    We don't know if any pick is going to be good, so that's a pointless question. Gordon is far from any sort of bust.

    What talented RBs have been spent after 3 years due to wear and tear on their bodies?

  • If we take Ramsey at 8 I'll burn my Browns gear.

    @tiamat63 said:

    If we take Ramsey at 8 I'll burn my Browns gear.

    He'd be a steal at 8

  • I don't understand the reasoning behind saying taking a running back at 8 is a waste just because its a running back.

    Taking guys like Mingo and Gilbert was suppose to be a great move. They both are a complete waste.

    To me, drafting "Pass Rushers" that play 1 down a series is a waste. What's a good sack rate in the NFL? 10 a year? So 10 plays a year you record a sack. maybe 20 more you get pressure... 30 snaps a year you make an impact... .And that's worth a top ten pick, but other positions shouldn't even be considered?

    Drafting a QB at 1 or 2 from backwater state that nobody heard of before Mel Kiper talks about him in January that played against guys that are working on an oil rig now is smarter than drafting a running back that carried a team to a National Title is a great move... Really? Where is that logic coming from? How? I understand that the QB position is more important, but what makes that guy a smart pick?

    Taking a guy at 8 that makes a serious contribution to a team that is talent deficient at any position isn't a waste at any position.

    Christ, the Rams took Gurley with a messed up knee at 10 last year. That was a bad move? How? Pretty sure the Browns would send Johnny, Mingo, Gilbert, Danny and Irving over to the Rams for Gurley straight up.

    I'm not saying that Zeke will light it up. Not even saying the Browns should draft him if he is there. I just don't understand the "Can't take that guy with our pick, even if he is the best player available because he's a running back and this is the first round.... everybody will laugh at us." thinking.

  • A once a decade back should be taken @ #8 if he is there as BPA.

  • A once a decade back should be taken @ #8 if he is there as BPA.

    @texasag1969 said:

    A once a decade back should be taken @ #8 if he is there as BPA.

    From what I've read, as good as Elliott is, he's not the play Todd Gurley was coming out, and not as good as Fournette next year. Not sure he's once in a generation.

  • This offense needs a doctor. Josh Doctson at 8 if we can't find another slight trade down offer. Then Karl Joseph at the top of the second round.

    Another intriguing combination would be Ramsey at 8 and Doctson at 32.

    Or, Ramsey at 8 and Joseph at 32.

    I would also like Bosa at 8 and Doctson/Joseph at 32.

    If we could find a way to get Bosa/Ramsey Doctson/Joseph Killebrew/Boehringer/ScoobyWright3

    Imagine if we had:

    WR- Gordon

    WR- Doctson

    WR- Boehringer

    WR- Core/Peake

    DB- Haden

    DB- Ramsey

    SS- Killebrew

    FS- Joseph

    @poeticg said:

    This offense needs a doctor. Josh Doctson at 8 if we can't find another slight trade down offer. Then Karl Joseph at the top of the second round.

    Another intriguing combination would be Ramsey at 8 and Doctson at 32.

    Or, Ramsey at 8 and Joseph at 32.

    I would also like Bosa at 8 and Doctson/Joseph at 32.

    If we could find a way to get Bosa/Ramsey Doctson/Joseph Killebrew/Boehringer/ScoobyWright3

    Imagine if we had:

    WR- Gordon

    WR- Doctson

    WR- Boehringer

    WR- Core/Peake

    DB- Haden

    DB- Ramsey

    SS- Killebrew

    FS- Joseph

    Instead of engaging in this wild kind of speculation, I think I will wait to see who we do have...then assess things then.

    You have 6 of our 12 picks going to WRs and DBs. I don't think that will happen.

  • I don't understand the reasoning behind saying taking a running back at 8 is a waste just because its a running back.

    Taking guys like Mingo and Gilbert was suppose to be a great move. They both are a complete waste.

    To me, drafting "Pass Rushers" that play 1 down a series is a waste. What's a good sack rate in the NFL? 10 a year? So 10 plays a year you record a sack. maybe 20 more you get pressure... 30 snaps a year you make an impact... .And that's worth a top ten pick, but other positions shouldn't even be considered?

    Drafting a QB at 1 or 2 from backwater state that nobody heard of before Mel Kiper talks about him in January that played against guys that are working on an oil rig now is smarter than drafting a running back that carried a team to a National Title is a great move... Really? Where is that logic coming from? How? I understand that the QB position is more important, but what makes that guy a smart pick?

    Taking a guy at 8 that makes a serious contribution to a team that is talent deficient at any position isn't a waste at any position.

    Christ, the Rams took Gurley with a messed up knee at 10 last year. That was a bad move? How? Pretty sure the Browns would send Johnny, Mingo, Gilbert, Danny and Irving over to the Rams for Gurley straight up.

    I'm not saying that Zeke will light it up. Not even saying the Browns should draft him if he is there. I just don't understand the "Can't take that guy with our pick, even if he is the best player available because he's a running back and this is the first round.... everybody will laugh at us." thinking.

    @hx214 said:

    I don't understand the reasoning behind saying taking a running back at 8 is a waste just because its a running back.

    Taking guys like Mingo and Gilbert was suppose to be a great move. They both are a complete waste.

    To me, drafting "Pass Rushers" that play 1 down a series is a waste. What's a good sack rate in the NFL? 10 a year? So 10 plays a year you record a sack. maybe 20 more you get pressure... 30 snaps a year you make an impact... .And that's worth a top ten pick, but other positions shouldn't even be considered?

    Drafting a QB at 1 or 2 from backwater state that nobody heard of before Mel Kiper talks about him in January that played against guys that are working on an oil rig now is smarter than drafting a running back that carried a team to a National Title is a great move... Really? Where is that logic coming from? How? I understand that the QB position is more important, but what makes that guy a smart pick?

    Taking a guy at 8 that makes a serious contribution to a team that is talent deficient at any position isn't a waste at any position.

    Christ, the Rams took Gurley with a messed up knee at 10 last year. That was a bad move? How? Pretty sure the Browns would send Johnny, Mingo, Gilbert, Danny and Irving over to the Rams for Gurley straight up.

    I'm not saying that Zeke will light it up. Not even saying the Browns should draft him if he is there. I just don't understand the "Can't take that guy with our pick, even if he is the best player available because he's a running back and this is the first round.... everybody will laugh at us." thinking.

    Fair arguments all around.