Skip to content

Camp Zeke

The Browns Board
170 36 4.1k
  • If we take Ramsey at 8 I'll burn my Browns gear.

    @tiamat63 said:

    If we take Ramsey at 8 I'll burn my Browns gear.

    He'd be a steal at 8

  • I don't understand the reasoning behind saying taking a running back at 8 is a waste just because its a running back.

    Taking guys like Mingo and Gilbert was suppose to be a great move. They both are a complete waste.

    To me, drafting "Pass Rushers" that play 1 down a series is a waste. What's a good sack rate in the NFL? 10 a year? So 10 plays a year you record a sack. maybe 20 more you get pressure... 30 snaps a year you make an impact... .And that's worth a top ten pick, but other positions shouldn't even be considered?

    Drafting a QB at 1 or 2 from backwater state that nobody heard of before Mel Kiper talks about him in January that played against guys that are working on an oil rig now is smarter than drafting a running back that carried a team to a National Title is a great move... Really? Where is that logic coming from? How? I understand that the QB position is more important, but what makes that guy a smart pick?

    Taking a guy at 8 that makes a serious contribution to a team that is talent deficient at any position isn't a waste at any position.

    Christ, the Rams took Gurley with a messed up knee at 10 last year. That was a bad move? How? Pretty sure the Browns would send Johnny, Mingo, Gilbert, Danny and Irving over to the Rams for Gurley straight up.

    I'm not saying that Zeke will light it up. Not even saying the Browns should draft him if he is there. I just don't understand the "Can't take that guy with our pick, even if he is the best player available because he's a running back and this is the first round.... everybody will laugh at us." thinking.

  • A once a decade back should be taken @ #8 if he is there as BPA.

  • A once a decade back should be taken @ #8 if he is there as BPA.

    @texasag1969 said:

    A once a decade back should be taken @ #8 if he is there as BPA.

    From what I've read, as good as Elliott is, he's not the play Todd Gurley was coming out, and not as good as Fournette next year. Not sure he's once in a generation.

  • This offense needs a doctor. Josh Doctson at 8 if we can't find another slight trade down offer. Then Karl Joseph at the top of the second round.

    Another intriguing combination would be Ramsey at 8 and Doctson at 32.

    Or, Ramsey at 8 and Joseph at 32.

    I would also like Bosa at 8 and Doctson/Joseph at 32.

    If we could find a way to get Bosa/Ramsey Doctson/Joseph Killebrew/Boehringer/ScoobyWright3

    Imagine if we had:

    WR- Gordon

    WR- Doctson

    WR- Boehringer

    WR- Core/Peake

    DB- Haden

    DB- Ramsey

    SS- Killebrew

    FS- Joseph

    @poeticg said:

    This offense needs a doctor. Josh Doctson at 8 if we can't find another slight trade down offer. Then Karl Joseph at the top of the second round.

    Another intriguing combination would be Ramsey at 8 and Doctson at 32.

    Or, Ramsey at 8 and Joseph at 32.

    I would also like Bosa at 8 and Doctson/Joseph at 32.

    If we could find a way to get Bosa/Ramsey Doctson/Joseph Killebrew/Boehringer/ScoobyWright3

    Imagine if we had:

    WR- Gordon

    WR- Doctson

    WR- Boehringer

    WR- Core/Peake

    DB- Haden

    DB- Ramsey

    SS- Killebrew

    FS- Joseph

    Instead of engaging in this wild kind of speculation, I think I will wait to see who we do have...then assess things then.

    You have 6 of our 12 picks going to WRs and DBs. I don't think that will happen.

  • I don't understand the reasoning behind saying taking a running back at 8 is a waste just because its a running back.

    Taking guys like Mingo and Gilbert was suppose to be a great move. They both are a complete waste.

    To me, drafting "Pass Rushers" that play 1 down a series is a waste. What's a good sack rate in the NFL? 10 a year? So 10 plays a year you record a sack. maybe 20 more you get pressure... 30 snaps a year you make an impact... .And that's worth a top ten pick, but other positions shouldn't even be considered?

    Drafting a QB at 1 or 2 from backwater state that nobody heard of before Mel Kiper talks about him in January that played against guys that are working on an oil rig now is smarter than drafting a running back that carried a team to a National Title is a great move... Really? Where is that logic coming from? How? I understand that the QB position is more important, but what makes that guy a smart pick?

    Taking a guy at 8 that makes a serious contribution to a team that is talent deficient at any position isn't a waste at any position.

    Christ, the Rams took Gurley with a messed up knee at 10 last year. That was a bad move? How? Pretty sure the Browns would send Johnny, Mingo, Gilbert, Danny and Irving over to the Rams for Gurley straight up.

    I'm not saying that Zeke will light it up. Not even saying the Browns should draft him if he is there. I just don't understand the "Can't take that guy with our pick, even if he is the best player available because he's a running back and this is the first round.... everybody will laugh at us." thinking.

    @hx214 said:

    I don't understand the reasoning behind saying taking a running back at 8 is a waste just because its a running back.

    Taking guys like Mingo and Gilbert was suppose to be a great move. They both are a complete waste.

    To me, drafting "Pass Rushers" that play 1 down a series is a waste. What's a good sack rate in the NFL? 10 a year? So 10 plays a year you record a sack. maybe 20 more you get pressure... 30 snaps a year you make an impact... .And that's worth a top ten pick, but other positions shouldn't even be considered?

    Drafting a QB at 1 or 2 from backwater state that nobody heard of before Mel Kiper talks about him in January that played against guys that are working on an oil rig now is smarter than drafting a running back that carried a team to a National Title is a great move... Really? Where is that logic coming from? How? I understand that the QB position is more important, but what makes that guy a smart pick?

    Taking a guy at 8 that makes a serious contribution to a team that is talent deficient at any position isn't a waste at any position.

    Christ, the Rams took Gurley with a messed up knee at 10 last year. That was a bad move? How? Pretty sure the Browns would send Johnny, Mingo, Gilbert, Danny and Irving over to the Rams for Gurley straight up.

    I'm not saying that Zeke will light it up. Not even saying the Browns should draft him if he is there. I just don't understand the "Can't take that guy with our pick, even if he is the best player available because he's a running back and this is the first round.... everybody will laugh at us." thinking.

    Fair arguments all around.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    If we take Ramsey at 8 I'll burn my Browns gear.

    He'd be a steal at 8

    @mld-woody said:

    He'd be a steal at 8

    So you haven't watched him then...? Duly noted.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    A once a decade back should be taken @ #8 if he is there as BPA.

    From what I've read, as good as Elliott is, he's not the play Todd Gurley was coming out, and not as good as Fournette next year. Not sure he's once in a generation.

    @gftchris said:

    From what I've read, as good as Elliott is, he's not the play Todd Gurley was coming out, and not as good as Fournette next year. Not sure he's once in a generation.

    A bird in hand is worth two Fornettes in the bush, though I agree he is a great back.

  • @gftchris said:

    From what I've read, as good as Elliott is, he's not the play Todd Gurley was coming out, and not as good as Fournette next year. Not sure he's once in a generation.

    A bird in hand is worth two Fornettes in the bush, though I agree he is a great back.

    @texasag1969 said:

    A bird in hand is worth two Fornettes in the bush, though I agree he is a great back.

    Point is not that we should wait for Fournette, but that calling Elliott a generational talent is a bit off.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    A bird in hand is worth two Fornettes in the bush, though I agree he is a great back.

    Point is not that we should wait for Fournette, but that calling Elliott a generational talent is a bit off.

    @gftchris said:

    Point is not that we should wait for Fournette, but that calling Elliott a generational talent is a bit off.

    In the 70s and 80s a "generational" talent at RB was coming out just about every year:

    1975 Walter Payton

    1977 Tony Dorsett

    1978 Earl Campbell

    1980 Billy Sims

    1982 Marcus Allen

    1983 Eric Dickerson

    1986 Bo Jackson

    1989 Barry Sanders

    1990 Emmit Smith

    and somewhere in there Herschel Walker went to the USFL

    Now, this may not be the "Golden Age" of Running backs like that was....but that does not mean that great ones don't or can't come along fairly regularly.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    A once a decade back should be taken @ #8 if he is there as BPA.

    From what I've read, as good as Elliott is, he's not the play Todd Gurley was coming out, and not as good as Fournette next year. Not sure he's once in a generation.

    @gftchris said:

    From what I've read, as good as Elliott is, he's not the play Todd Gurley was coming out, and not as good as Fournette next year. Not sure he's once in a generation.

    Not to mention McCaffrey...

  • @miktoxic said:

    fixed it for you.

    Except I wasn't be sarcastic at all......that is what he says.

    And Kiper is no worse or better than any other the other draft prognosticators out there.

    @the-gipper said:

    Except I wasn't be sarcastic at all......that is what he says.

    And Kiper is no worse or better than any other the other draft prognosticators out there.

    Gip, compared to the other "experts" Mel rhymes with "smell" as in bad. I always get a chuckle when I remember the Mel-ism- "MUUUUUUSSSSTTT draft Hart Lee Dykes" Drafted #16 by the Patriots, lasted 2 years. Shades of Greg Little.

    @poeticg said:

    This offense needs a doctor. Josh Doctson at 8 if we can't find another slight trade down offer. Then Karl Joseph at the top of the second round.

    Another intriguing combination would be Ramsey at 8 and Doctson at 32.

    You imagine too much PG. Docktson isn't going that high. Thursday can't get here fast enough.

    @gftchris said:

    From what I've read, as good as Elliott is, he's not the play Todd Gurley was coming out, and not as good as Fournette next year. Not sure he's once in a generation.

    I saw Gurley play live this past year when the Browns played the Rams. MHO is Elliott is every bit as good as Gurley, and is a far more complete back. I was screaming NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to drafting Richardson, I don't feel that way at all about Zeke.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    A once a decade back should be taken @ #8 if he is there as BPA.

    From what I've read, as good as Elliott is, he's not the play Todd Gurley was coming out, and not as good as Fournette next year. Not sure he's once in a generation.

    @gftchris said:

    From what I've read, as good as Elliott is, he's not the play Todd Gurley was coming out, and not as good as Fournette next year. Not sure he's once in a generation.

    I think he is, and I love both those guys. PFF is adamant he's the best talent since Peterson.

  • @gftchris said:

    From what I've read, as good as Elliott is, he's not the play Todd Gurley was coming out, and not as good as Fournette next year. Not sure he's once in a generation.

    I think he is, and I love both those guys. PFF is adamant he's the best talent since Peterson.

    @wargograw said:

    I think he is, and I love both those guys. PFF is adamant he's the best talent since Peterson.

    If he is the in the same wheelhouse as Peterson, you take him at 8.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Except I wasn't be sarcastic at all......that is what he says.

    And Kiper is no worse or better than any other the other draft prognosticators out there.

    Gip, compared to the other "experts" Mel rhymes with "smell" as in bad. I always get a chuckle when I remember the Mel-ism- "MUUUUUUSSSSTTT draft Hart Lee Dykes" Drafted #16 by the Patriots, lasted 2 years. Shades of Greg Little.

    @poeticg said:

    This offense needs a doctor. Josh Doctson at 8 if we can't find another slight trade down offer. Then Karl Joseph at the top of the second round.

    Another intriguing combination would be Ramsey at 8 and Doctson at 32.

    You imagine too much PG. Docktson isn't going that high. Thursday can't get here fast enough.

    @gftchris said:

    From what I've read, as good as Elliott is, he's not the play Todd Gurley was coming out, and not as good as Fournette next year. Not sure he's once in a generation.

    I saw Gurley play live this past year when the Browns played the Rams. MHO is Elliott is every bit as good as Gurley, and is a far more complete back. I was screaming NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to drafting Richardson, I don't feel that way at all about Zeke.

    @hoorta said:

    Gip, compared to the other "experts" Mel rhymes with "smell" as in bad. I always get a chuckle when I remember the Mel-ism- "MUUUUUUSSSSTTT draft Hart Lee Dykes" Drafted #16 by the Patriots, lasted 2 years. Shades of Greg Little.

    Well, my point is that Mel Kiper is just as good or better than anyone else doing draft prognostications. They are all about half right, half wrong on first rounders.

    You imagine too much PG. Docktson isn't going that high. Thursday can't get here fast enough.

    I saw Gurley play live this past year when the Browns played the Rams. MHO is Elliott is every bit as good as Gurley, and is a far more complete back. I was screaming NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to drafting Richardson, I don't feel that way at all about Zeke.

    For ONE play, we thought we had something with TR. (not the TR in my avatar)

  • If we could drop down just a couple more spots, I wouldn't mind Zeke at all. Especially for a team that is going to have to rely so much on the running game and PAP.

  • Still think the Boys take him at 4th overall. Wouldnt hate the pick either way. All I care about is getting some actual playmakers and putting up some points.

  • Still think the Boys take him at 4th overall. Wouldnt hate the pick either way. All I care about is getting some actual playmakers and putting up some points.

    @cambridgeho said:

    Still think the Boys take him at 4th overall. Wouldnt hate the pick either way. All I care about is getting some actual playmakers and putting up some points.

    Cowboys will take one of the Ohio State players, that is my prediction. It could be Zeke, but perhaps more likely Bosa.

  • If we could drop down just a couple more spots, I wouldn't mind Zeke at all. Especially for a team that is going to have to rely so much on the running game and PAP.

    @tiamat63 said:

    If we could drop down just a couple more spots, I wouldn't mind Zeke at all. Especially for a team that is going to have to rely so much on the running game and PAP.

    I doubt he makes it past the Giants at 10.
  • @gftchris said:

    From what I've read, as good as Elliott is, he's not the play Todd Gurley was coming out, and not as good as Fournette next year. Not sure he's once in a generation.

    I think he is, and I love both those guys. PFF is adamant he's the best talent since Peterson.

    @wargograw said:

    I think he is, and I love both those guys. PFF is adamant he's the best talent since Peterson.

    I've said a bunch of times- my Ohio State fandom goes all the way back to Woody Hayes and the days of John Brockington. MHO is Zeke is the best running back to come out of Columbus since Eddie George.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    If he is the in the same wheelhouse as Peterson, you take him at 8.

    ^ This.

    @tiamat63 said:

    If we could drop down just a couple more spots, I wouldn't mind Zeke at all. Especially for a team that is going to have to rely so much on the running game and PAP.

    If you think you can get 7 years worth of 1,000 yard seasons (and one near miss at 939) like EG, you don't get cute- you just take him @ #8. Cripe, we got 12 picks as it is. We'll have at least 12 next year, including two firsts. Unless someone offers up something stupid- why trade down? Miami's second round pick doesn't do it for me.