Eagles Trade Confirmed
-
Makes more sense
-
McShay and Kiper double teaming the board on NFL Live seeing the following:
- Rams - Goff
- Eagles - Wentz
- Chargers - Tunsil
- Cowboys - Elliot
- Jaguars - Ramsey
- Ravens - Bosa
- 49ers - Stanley
- Browns
On the board for us:
- Jack
- Buckner
- Conklin
- Rankins
My pick? Buckner.
Their pick: Conklin... and I threw up in my mouth.
-
Side note - Sam Bradford another option now for Denver and NYJ. Or possibly the 49ers, for the comedy value of reuniting with Chip Kelly.
-
In many senses, though, this IS progress -- we have many starters who are barely NFL-caliber. Although this won't fix everything, it will improve both starters and depth.
-
McShay and Kiper double teaming the board on NFL Live seeing the following:
- Rams - Goff
- Eagles - Wentz
- Chargers - Tunsil
- Cowboys - Elliot
- Jaguars - Ramsey
- Ravens - Bosa
- 49ers - Stanley
- Browns
On the board for us:
- Jack
- Buckner
- Conklin
- Rankins
My pick? Buckner.
Their pick: Conklin... and I threw up in my mouth.
McShay and Kiper double teaming the board on NFL Live seeing the following:
- Rams - Goff
- Eagles - Wentz
- Chargers - Tunsil
- Cowboys - Elliot
- Jaguars - Ramsey
- Ravens - Bosa
- 49ers - Stanley
- Browns
- Jack
- Buckner
- Conklin
- Rankins
Their pick: Conklin... and I threw up in my mouth.
If the Ravens take Bosa and he kills us for years it would really blow.
-
It's a wise move! The Browns are Rebuilding through the draft! They won't be good this year or next and need all the draft picks they can get. RG3 buys them time to develop the quarterback of choice whether they draft this year or next.
My guess is they go defense with #8 pick if Tunsil is off the board.
-
Given that the Rams are taking Goff, I'm all for it.
-
McShay and Kiper double teaming the board on NFL Live seeing the following:
- Rams - Goff
- Eagles - Wentz
- Chargers - Tunsil
- Cowboys - Elliot
- Jaguars - Ramsey
- Ravens - Bosa
- 49ers - Stanley
- Browns
On the board for us:
- Jack
- Buckner
- Conklin
- Rankins
My pick? Buckner.
Their pick: Conklin... and I threw up in my mouth.
McShay and Kiper double teaming the board on NFL Live seeing the following:
- Rams - Goff
- Eagles - Wentz
- Chargers - Tunsil
- Cowboys - Elliot
- Jaguars - Ramsey
- Ravens - Bosa
- 49ers - Stanley
- Browns
On the board for us:
- Jack
- Buckner
- Conklin
- Rankins
My pick? Buckner.
Their pick: Conklin... and I threw up in my mouth.
Jack or Buckner could work. I don't see Conklin being taken that high....unless they Browns trade JT. Rankins is a DT....they just invested in DT last year with Shelton. I would probably agree on Buckner....if Bosa is gone.
-
So....Zeke?
So....Zeke?
He could be there.
-
What about LaQuan Treadwell at 8? Browns need playmakers.........and folks, please still do not discount the fact that they could go for Lynch.
-
Idiotic deal. This FO should be fired before the season starts.
-
Super. We're going to end up with a lineman and the third best kicker in the draft. Go browns.
-
We now have picks
#8
#32
#65
#77
#99....draft Dak Prescott
#100....draft Cardale Jones.
#138
#141
#172
#173
#176
#223
-
What about LaQuan Treadwell at 8? Browns need playmakers.........and folks, please still do not discount the fact that they could go for Lynch.
What about LaQuan Treadwell at 8? Browns need playmakers.........and folks, please still do not discount the fact that they could go for Lynch.
Treadwell was the first name that popped in my head after hearing about the trade although eight feels high for him. Maybe if we trade back to 15?
I just think if we stay at eight, it would be hard to pass up on a Jack or Buckner should they fall.
-
What about LaQuan Treadwell at 8? Browns need playmakers.........and folks, please still do not discount the fact that they could go for Lynch.
Treadwell was the first name that popped in my head after hearing about the trade although eight feels high for him. Maybe if we trade back to 15?
I just think if we stay at eight, it would be hard to pass up on a Jack or Buckner should they fall.
Treadwell was the first name that popped in my head after hearing about the trade although eight feels high for him. Maybe if we trade back to 15?
I just think if we stay at eight, it would be hard to pass up on a Jack or Buckner should they fall.
This is a legit possibility.
I suspect the Tits will wanna trade up for Stanley, presuming he's available at #8. If we could get #15 and a 2nd it would be tempting, I suspect we're definitely not done wheeling and dealing yet.
-
Treadwell was the first name that popped in my head after hearing about the trade although eight feels high for him. Maybe if we trade back to 15?
I just think if we stay at eight, it would be hard to pass up on a Jack or Buckner should they fall.
This is a legit possibility.
I suspect the Tits will wanna trade up for Stanley, presuming he's available at #8. If we could get #15 and a 2nd it would be tempting, I suspect we're definitely not done wheeling and dealing yet.
This is a legit possibility.
I suspect the Tits will wanna trade up for Stanley, presuming he's available at #8. If we could get #15 and a 2nd it would be tempting, I suspect we're definitely not done wheeling and dealing yet.
The Titans 2d rounder is #33. Draft Value chart:
#8: 1400 pts.
#15: 1050
#33: 580
Total: 1630 Trading 1400 for 1630 could do it. We would have #15, #32, #33, then #65. Would that work?
-
Tony Grossi is already being a fucking crybaby about this trade...
...so it means that this was an excellent move by the Browns
-
Me too, but forget NEXT year's stuff (a total unknown). If we made the trade as outlined above, we'd be screwed for THIS year. I'd rather we screw them than they screw us.
Mike
Screwed by picking six picks lower and having two extra day 2 picks? Eagles aren't contending this year -Giants and Skins are the team to beat in the NFC east, and they sure as hell aren't getting a wild card. That pick is top 20.
Screwed by picking six picks lower and having two extra day 2 picks? Eagles aren't contending this year -Giants and Skins are the team to beat in the NFC east, and they sure as hell aren't getting a wild card. That pick is top 20.
Which makes the trade worthwhile at least from a fairness perspective.
Its a nice haul from a trade perspective but if Wentz turns out to be a legit franchise QB it will be another chapter of the Browns ineptitude in the draft.
If Wentz and Goff turn into multiple Pro-Bowl quarterbacks, I'll be pissed beyond belief- but it's typical Browns.
On a different note, the Eagles certainly are head-scratchers at this point. They've committed $34 between their QB's and will certainly be taking one now and tying up another $20 million or so.
Not only that, but their draft cupboard is looking pretty bare right now. Are they planning on doing a George Allen, and building through FA? EDIT: that future second doesn't kick in until 2018.
... or about 750 points in future value. It's like Sashi has been playing FirstPick for a couple months.
My guess is that it is not over. Too much value in R2 to not package some picks and move up.
Shades of Costner in Draft Day- I could see that too Tour.
Future picks a key.....which is fine for 28-35 year old Harvard boys.....not so great for we in our 60s that want progress NOW!
I'm with you there, Gip.
What about LaQuan Treadwell at 8? Browns need playmakers.........and folks, please still do not discount the fact that they could go for Lynch.
You beat me to it with that thought Gip. If Lynch is still on the board @ #8, I could see us taking him- we did work him out. So getting Lynch, and bonus 1st and 2nd round picks next year would cool me off just a bit. Should that scenario come to pass Ghoolie will have an orgasm, and may even join us in Nashville.
If Zeke Elliott is still on the board there I have no problems drafting him either.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login