Skip to content

Who do you want at 8?

The Browns Board
111 37 4.2k
  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #57

    I like a Buckner/Lynch ticket.

    But I am getting the feeling Lynch won't be there at #32.

    Zombo

  • LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #58

    I know zero about Buckner. Any games that I should watch where he stands out?

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by The Cysko Kid
    #59

    Get cardale jones in the third. You have enough picks to justify it.

  • Get cardale jones in the third. You have enough picks to justify it.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #60

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Get cardale jones in the third. You have enough picks to justify it.

    Watched his Gruden Camp last nite... Have to say he was the most relaxed of all the prospects I've seen sitting in the film room with Chuckie. I was impressed with his poise.

    On the field? Little different... really basic stuff especially compared to Goff's and Wentz's episodes, and even then there were "a few" problems.

    I would not take him before Day 3.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #61

    Now, if he's not there, than I think it's time to look at Bosa...even though I REALLY don't want him. According to our radio guys, and various other news reports, Bosa is better tailored to be a 4-3 DE. This is NOT to say that he can't learn the OLB position, but for immediate impact, I believe it's safe to say that he will be a situational player, and not an immediate starter. This is normal for many college pass rushers that make the transition to OLB in the pros.

    Except for the fact that you are missing the obvious: Bosa would play DE in the 3-4, not OLB....and he would be fine doing so.

    He is not a niche player.

  • I know zero about Buckner. Any games that I should watch where he stands out?

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #62

    @logicisforsquares said:

    I know zero about Buckner. Any games that I should watch where he stands out?

    ASU may have been his most impressive against good competition, but tape is not at DraftBreakdown.

    Try the Stanford game... http://draftbreakdown.com/players/deforest-buckner/

    EDIT: Well, shit... now blocked by PAC-10 Network... rat bastards... TCU works...

  • @d-bone said:

    Why not Jack? Knee?

    It's fit and projection more than knee. I watched a good amount, and my draft nerd analyst friend has been adamantly against picking him since the season. He predicted the hype would blow up like it has too.
    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone
    #63

    @mike-h said:

    It's fit and projection more than knee. I watched a good amount, and my draft nerd analyst friend has been adamantly against picking him since the season. He predicted the hype would blow up like it has too.

    Being a SoCal guy and both USC & UCLA fan, I've seen each and every one of the kid's games, and he's the real deal. Play maker that stands out all over the field, much like E Rock or Troy Polamalu did. I knew both those guys would star in the NFL, and I have the same feeling about Jack based on several years of watching.

    ^ That being said, the knee has me a bit concerned.

  • Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #64

    Paxton Lynch, Zeke, Buckner, Jack, or Bosa. No CB (unless Ramsey falls). No Treadslow, and no OT for the love of god...

  • I know zero about Buckner. Any games that I should watch where he stands out?

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #65

    @logicisforsquares said:

    I know zero about Buckner. Any games that I should watch where he stands out?

    No. Buckner sucks.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    I know zero about Buckner. Any games that I should watch where he stands out?

    No. Buckner sucks.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #66

    @wargograw said:

    No. Buckner sucks.

    Will you get off his ass. Its been 30 years now.

  • B BrownieMan wrote on last edited by
    #67

    Here is how the first 7 picks could shake out: http://walterfootball.com/draft2016.php

    If it goes like this, we have to take Zeke IMO. Could be a dynamic running offense next year.

  • Here is how the first 7 picks could shake out: http://walterfootball.com/draft2016.php

    If it goes like this, we have to take Zeke IMO. Could be a dynamic running offense next year.

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #68

    @brownieman said:

    Here is how the first 7 picks could shake out: http://walterfootball.com/draft2016.php

    If it goes like this, we have to take Zeke IMO. Could be a dynamic running offense next year.

    That mock also has the Browns taking Braxton Miller and the German kid to fill the WR holes. Walter's blood sugar must have been low.

  • Mr. Make-BelieveM Mr. Make-Believe wrote on last edited by
    #69

    Only way I want them to take Lynch now is if they believed all along that he was the best QB in the draft.

    I've changed my opinion of this deal... I like the players that are likely to be a available at that position and the picks gained more than make up the spot. I'm more disappointed in the Rams trade up to #1, because I think that cinched the Browns not getting their guy. The consolation prize at eight I don't think will be any worse than the one they would have selected at #2.

  • @brownieman said:

    Here is how the first 7 picks could shake out: http://walterfootball.com/draft2016.php

    If it goes like this, we have to take Zeke IMO. Could be a dynamic running offense next year.

    That mock also has the Browns taking Braxton Miller and the German kid to fill the WR holes. Walter's blood sugar must have been low.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #70

    @logicisforsquares said:

    That mock also has the Browns taking Braxton Miller and the German kid to fill the WR holes. Walter's blood sugar must have been low.

    Ha- make it an OSU draft- Elliot, Decker, Miller, Jones.

    Gip would say Bosa but my bet is he'll be gone by #8.

  • Here is how the first 7 picks could shake out: http://walterfootball.com/draft2016.php

    If it goes like this, we have to take Zeke IMO. Could be a dynamic running offense next year.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #71

    @brownieman said:

    Here is how the first 7 picks could shake out: http://walterfootball.com/draft2016.php

    If it goes like this, we have to take Zeke IMO. Could be a dynamic running offense next year.

    I totally agree but I just have a hard time seeing Elliot getting past Dallas. They need him right now to go deep in the playoffs with a healthy Romo.

    He would be right up there with Smith and Dorsett as the best they ever had. Murray has proven with the Eagles that it was the OL not the RB, so think how much better that offense will be with Elliott.

  • @brownieman said:

    Here is how the first 7 picks could shake out: http://walterfootball.com/draft2016.php

    If it goes like this, we have to take Zeke IMO. Could be a dynamic running offense next year.

    I totally agree but I just have a hard time seeing Elliot getting past Dallas. They need him right now to go deep in the playoffs with a healthy Romo.

    He would be right up there with Smith and Dorsett as the best they ever had. Murray has proven with the Eagles that it was the OL not the RB, so think how much better that offense will be with Elliott.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #72

    @texasag1969 said:

    I totally agree but I just have a hard time seeing Elliot getting past Dallas. They need him right now to go deep in the playoffs with a healthy Romo.

    They can have him. Elliott is undoubtedly a talented player and will fit in pretty much any team and scheme. But we don't need that - we just need someone who can excel in our scheme.

    We can pick up an Alfred Morris type much later and address areas that are harder to fill as the draft goes on.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #73

    Need?

    Well we arguably need a blue-chip quarterback and they've decided to pass on that. Personally I think a blue-chip running back in the manner of an Adrian Peterson could be a blessing for this team.

    So I'd have no bitch with picking up Ezekiel Elliott. I don't expect it to happen but I'm fine with it.

    WSS

  • Need?

    Well we arguably need a blue-chip quarterback and they've decided to pass on that. Personally I think a blue-chip running back in the manner of an Adrian Peterson could be a blessing for this team.

    So I'd have no bitch with picking up Ezekiel Elliott. I don't expect it to happen but I'm fine with it.

    WSS

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #74

    @westside-steve said:

    Need?

    Well we arguably need a blue-chip quarterback and they've decided to pass on that. Personally I think a blue-chip running back in the manner of an Adrian Peterson could be a blessing for this team.

    So I'd have no bitch with picking up Ezekiel Elliott. I don't expect it to happen but I'm fine with it.

    WSS

    I wouldn't cry about it for sure, I just don't think it is the best use of resources. It'll certainly keep fans more engaged than, say, tunsil.
  • Need?

    Well we arguably need a blue-chip quarterback and they've decided to pass on that. Personally I think a blue-chip running back in the manner of an Adrian Peterson could be a blessing for this team.

    So I'd have no bitch with picking up Ezekiel Elliott. I don't expect it to happen but I'm fine with it.

    WSS

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #75

    @westside-steve said:

    Need?

    Well we arguably need a blue-chip quarterback and they've decided to pass on that. Personally I think a blue-chip running back in the manner of an Adrian Peterson could be a blessing for this team.

    So I'd have no bitch with picking up Ezekiel Elliott. I don't expect it to happen but I'm fine with it.

    WSS

    Charlie Casserly this morning says Dallas takes Bosa and Zeke falls to the Browns.

    Edit: Here are the rest of them on NFL.com this morning.

    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/mock-drafts

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #76

    My two absolute favorite guys are Jaylon Smith, linebacker from ND, and Myles Jack, linebacker from UCLA. Now damn our bad luck for them BOTH having severe knee injuries. Jack seems to be way better off than Smith, but can our franchise...the snake-bitten franchise from hell...really take a gamble on a bad knee? I just don't think so. Not UNLESS his medical re-check went PERFECT. We desperately need a badass, playmaking stud in the middle of our defense. Lord we need it.

    My gut tells me we simply CAN'T gamble on an injured player. Not the Browns...not now. The more I start to look at the teams in front of us, the more I honestly believe DeForest Buckner will be our pick. He just feels like he fills such a big need. We need run stopping help, and pass rushing help. Generally 3-4 DE's aren't known for their sack numbers, but a few are. This guy Buckner fills up the stat sheet in all the right ways. Just makes so much sense. I love Ramsey, but he won't get past the Ravens...who are desperately in need of secondary help. Lord, I hate the Ravens, and they will get my favorite guy. Dammit.