Skip to content

The rest of the QBs

The Browns Board
53 21 2.0k
  • Hogan end of 5th

  • Prescott with our 3rd round Comp seems about right...

    @tour2ma said:

    Prescott with our 3rd round Comp seems about right...

    We don't have a 3rd round comp. We have 2 3rd round picks...ours & the Eagles.

    Mike

  • @tour2ma said:

    Prescott with our 3rd round Comp seems about right...

    We don't have a 3rd round comp. We have 2 3rd round picks...ours & the Eagles.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    We don't have a 3rd round comp. We have 2 3rd round picks...ours & the Eagles.

    Mike

    Here are the Browns picks:

    Round 1: No. 8

    Round 2: No. 32

    Round 3: No. 65, No. 77

    Round 4: No. 99, No. 100, No. 138 (compensatory)

    Round 5: No. 141, No. 172 (compensatory), No. 173 (compensatory)

    Round 6: No. 176

    Round 7: No. 223

    And I think Denver may want him so here are theirs:

    Round 1: Pick 31

    Round 2: Pick 63

    Round 3: Pick 94

    Round 3: Pick 98 (compensatory)

    Round 4: Pick 136 (compensatory)

    Round 5: Pick 144 (from Baltimore in Gino Gradkowski trade)

    Round 6: Pick 219 (compensatory)

    Round 7: Pick 228 (from San Francisco in Vernon Davis trade)

    Round 7: Pick 235 (from Los Angeles via Houston in Chris Clark trade)

    Round 7: Pick 253

    If Denver wants him as much as I think they do they will take him @ 63.

    If we think he is that good, we had better use #32 or trade up just ahead of their #63.

  • Lynch, Cook and Cardale interest me.

    Lynch and Cardale are both naturally gifted with great size but need a lot of polish. A lot.

    Cook is a guy that really interests me lately

    I like that everyone thinks he's an asshole: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2016/04/21/connor-cook-michigan-state-nfl-draft/83337046/

    Steeler fans will hate him.

    He seemed to get better as his college career went on, I think he will have a good NFL career. But Lynch and Cardale have higher ceilings. I would not be unhappy with Lynch in the second round if he made it there.

    Zombo

  • Frankly I'm a bit tired of taking second tier QBs. I'm disappointed we don't get to pick a top tier guy this year but that's more than offset by the picks in return.

    We have a chance to really rebuild this team with young and hungry players, choose guys that fit Hue's scheme and progress. I would be perfectly content not drafting a qb at all this year, but if someone falls a long way and is objectively great value then sure. But trying to force a qb early just because it's a qb would annoy me most of all.

  • Lynch, Cook and Cardale interest me.

    Lynch and Cardale are both naturally gifted with great size but need a lot of polish. A lot.

    Cook is a guy that really interests me lately

    I like that everyone thinks he's an asshole: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2016/04/21/connor-cook-michigan-state-nfl-draft/83337046/

    Steeler fans will hate him.

    He seemed to get better as his college career went on, I think he will have a good NFL career. But Lynch and Cardale have higher ceilings. I would not be unhappy with Lynch in the second round if he made it there.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Cook is a guy that really interests me lately

    I like that everyone thinks he's an asshole:

    Zombo

    The problem is that it was his teammates who thought he was a cry baby and a jerk off.
  • Zombo said:

    Cook is a guy that really interests me lately

    I like that everyone thinks he's an asshole:

    Zombo

    The problem is that it was his teammates who thought he was a cry baby and a jerk off.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    The problem is that it was his teammates who thought he was a cry baby and a jerk off.

    Ya, I know. Still a little intrigued.

    Zombo

  • My sleeper is Joe Fabeetz...

  • I think we're taking a QB, but it won't be with our first two picks. I think we take a QB with our third round pick, or just third pick in general. If someone we really like starts to slip, I wouldn't rule out our staff trading up to grab him.

  • It's just so sad to me because to me there was Goff...Wentz....then everybody else. Huge dropoff in talent IMO.

    I have no doubt that Lynch at #8 is a huge reach....even at #32 is a reach IMO.

  • It's just so sad to me because to me there was Goff...Wentz....then everybody else. Huge dropoff in talent IMO.

    I have no doubt that Lynch at #8 is a huge reach....even at #32 is a reach IMO.

    @bbedward said:

    It's just so sad to me because to me there was Goff...Wentz....then everybody else. Huge dropoff in talent IMO.

    I have no doubt that Lynch at #8 is a huge reach....even at #32 is a reach IMO.

    There will be lots of Camp (insert QBs) next year. The Browns may draft a QB that everyone is sweet on then or try to develop a middle round from this draft.

  • It's just so sad to me because to me there was Goff...Wentz....then everybody else. Huge dropoff in talent IMO.

    I have no doubt that Lynch at #8 is a huge reach....even at #32 is a reach IMO.

    @bbedward said:

    It's just so sad to me because to me there was Goff...Wentz....then everybody else. Huge dropoff in talent IMO.

    I have no doubt that Lynch at #8 is a huge reach....even at #32 is a reach IMO.

    It took balls to walk away from Goff and Wentz.

    I am actually a little impressed.

    When RG3 exhibits his rookie form, the Eagles go 5-11 and we are holding their #4 overall next year ... I'll be real fucking impressed.

    We'll see...

    Zombo

  • Frankly I'm a bit tired of taking second tier QBs. I'm disappointed we don't get to pick a top tier guy this year but that's more than offset by the picks in return.

    We have a chance to really rebuild this team with young and hungry players, choose guys that fit Hue's scheme and progress. I would be perfectly content not drafting a qb at all this year, but if someone falls a long way and is objectively great value then sure. But trying to force a qb early just because it's a qb would annoy me most of all.

    @gftchris said:

    Frankly I'm a bit tired of taking second tier QBs. I'm disappointed we don't get to pick a top tier guy this year but that's more than offset by the picks in return.

    But.....we don't know who is or who is not going to be a "top tier" QB. Would you now consider Russell Wilson top tier? Many didn't at the time....dropped to round 3. I could list ad nauseum the QBs that people thought were not top tier, but turned out to be so, starting with ole #199.

    I could also list ad nauseum the QB people thought were top tier....but weren't.

    We have a chance to really rebuild this team with young and hungry players, choose guys that fit Hue's scheme and progress. I would be perfectly content not drafting a qb at all this year, but if someone falls a long way and is objectively great value then sure. But trying to force a qb early just because it's a qb would annoy me most of all.

  • Sure but rolling a 7 is less than 50/50.

    Rolling a 2 or a 12 is a lot less than that.

    WSS

  • @bbedward said:

    I'm OK with Prescott later on, don't like Lynch's huge wind-up and he got an 18 wunderlic which is the lowest of any starting NFL QB (or would be)

    FWIW BB, Cardale reportedly scored 25 on the wonderlic, and if true- means he's no dummy. A very raw edition of Wentz. Lord knows he has a cannon for an arm, and has a Rothlisberger physique. (6'5", 253- hand 9-3\4) Cleveland guy too. I'm back on the "Fail for Cardale" wagon. Call me crazy, I'd even take him at #32, or certainly with one of the third round picks, if he's still there (which may not be the case).

    PS to Ghoolie- anything under 20 for an NFL quarterback is considered a red flag, but there's plenty of other stuff the Draft Gurus don't like about him.

    PPS Buckner reportedly scored an 8. If so, I'm off the Buckner wagon.

    @hoorta said:

    Call me crazy, I'd even take him at #32...

    You Crazy...

    @canton-mike said:

    We don't have a 3rd round comp. We have 2 3rd round picks...ours & the Eagles.

    Oops... then our first 4th round pick...

    @texasag1969 said:

    If Denver wants him as much as I think they do they will take him @ 63.

    If we think he is that good, we had better use #32 or trade up just ahead of their #63.

    If they want him that high, then I'd let them have him... I'd go as high as #77, but you have to draw a line. I can only like a running QB so much... it's still very new to me...

    @logicisforsquares said:

    There will be lots of Camp (insert QBshttp://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=40201) next year. The Browns may draft a QB that everyone is sweet on then or try to develop a middle round from this draft.

    But to not kick the tires on one this year is wasting a year. Surely we will sign an UFA and PS him (like a Stave), but a late Day 2/ Day 3 is a reasonable investment in an educated guess late... even if it's a Sudfeld.

    In the NFL, you always have to be searching for your next QB...

  • How close to Brockweiller coming out of college is Lynch?

  • How close to Brockweiller coming out of college is Lynch?

    @tour2ma said:

    How close to Brockweiller coming out of college is Lynch?

    Was Arizona State running a goofy spread offense?

  • @tour2ma said:

    How close to Brockweiller coming out of college is Lynch?

    Was Arizona State running a goofy spread offense?

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Was Arizona State running a goofy spread offense?

    Dennis Eriskson favors the one-back spread... not sure how "goofy" it was considered in 2011.

    Likely relatively sane compared to some of today's spreads... but vs. Memphis' spread???

  • Lynch, Cook and Cardale interest me.

    Lynch and Cardale are both naturally gifted with great size but need a lot of polish. A lot.

    Cook is a guy that really interests me lately

    I like that everyone thinks he's an asshole: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2016/04/21/connor-cook-michigan-state-nfl-draft/83337046/

    Steeler fans will hate him.

    He seemed to get better as his college career went on, I think he will have a good NFL career. But Lynch and Cardale have higher ceilings. I would not be unhappy with Lynch in the second round if he made it there.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Lynch, Cook and Cardale interest me.

    Lynch and Cardale are both naturally gifted with great size but need a lot of polish. A lot.

    Cook is a guy that really interests me lately

    I like that everyone thinks he's an asshole: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2016/04/21/connor-cook-michigan-state-nfl-draft/83337046/

    Steeler fans will hate him.

    He seemed to get better as his college career went on, I think he will have a good NFL career. But Lynch and Cardale have higher ceilings. I would not be unhappy with Lynch in the second round if he made it there.

    Zombo

    I have extreme doubt Lynch will last to #32, unless every NFL scout thinks the guy is another Dan McGuire. (6'8", 240) Flacco is the only qb at 6'6". Our pal on the other board who's opinion I value highly- (Jason J) says stay away from Lynch- far away.

  • @hoorta said:

    Call me crazy, I'd even take him at #32...

    You Crazy...

    @canton-mike said:

    We don't have a 3rd round comp. We have 2 3rd round picks...ours & the Eagles.

    Oops... then our first 4th round pick...

    @texasag1969 said:

    If Denver wants him as much as I think they do they will take him @ 63.

    If we think he is that good, we had better use #32 or trade up just ahead of their #63.

    If they want him that high, then I'd let them have him... I'd go as high as #77, but you have to draw a line. I can only like a running QB so much... it's still very new to me...

    @logicisforsquares said:

    There will be lots of Camp (insert QBshttp://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=40201) next year. The Browns may draft a QB that everyone is sweet on then or try to develop a middle round from this draft.

    But to not kick the tires on one this year is wasting a year. Surely we will sign an UFA and PS him (like a Stave), but a late Day 2/ Day 3 is a reasonable investment in an educated guess late... even if it's a Sudfeld.

    In the NFL, you always have to be searching for your next QB...

    @tour2ma said:

    You Crazy...

    About Cardale? Yeah, probably. Depends what we do @ #8. If we take Elliot there, and then take the best WR left (the Bungles are almost certainly gonna draft one with their first round pick). So where would you draft him Tour? Third round? Lower? The guy has all the physical tools, but needs a LOT of polish.