Skip to content

What two players dont you want in rd 1?

The Browns Board
53 29 2.0k
  • @gftchris said:

    What I mean is, I see us going for the traditional hard-to-get positions early on - QB, tackle, pass rusher. Those guys are pretty hard to find later on, unlike RB, WR, DT, G.

    Tyler Boyd or Malcom Mitchell in the 3rd please

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @londonbrown said:

    Tyler Boyd or Malcom Mitchell in the 3rd please

    Or Sterling Shepherd, Charone Peake, or a bunch of other guys that can be had later on.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #34

    VesnaKociper said:

    Of course you jackoffs don't want Lynch. You didn't want Roethlisberger or Petersen either. God forbid the Browns pick a play maker. Let's draft more OL.

    Who the fuck are you talking to? I have more or less been on your side, saying Lynch may be the guy.

    (and from radio reports, Hue Jackson may also be on your side)

  • @killerinstinct3 said:

    I think it's easy to say WR needs to be considered in an early pick. There's no way we go in this with Hartline as our 1.

    I think be prepared for a continuation of the Ray Farmer approach to wide receivers.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @gftchris said:

    I think be prepared for a continuation of the Ray Farmer approach to wide receivers.

    I don't think so. I don't think one is in play at #8....but certainly if the Browns move down they could be....and clearly for #32 and #65 they would be.

  • What I mean is, I see us going for the traditional hard-to-get positions early on - QB, tackle, pass rusher. Those guys are pretty hard to find later on, unlike RB, WR, DT, G.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @gftchris said:

    What I mean is, I see us going for the traditional hard-to-get positions early on - QB, tackle, pass rusher. Those guys are pretty hard to find later on, unlike RB, WR, DT, G.

    sure.....but that is also because those positions are nearly just as much a need for the Browns.....and there appears to be more top flight talent available at those spots than at WR. That is why the WR spot may go 2d/3rd round, not anti-WR philosophy.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #37

    Wait until the end of next season then I can prognosticate in hindsight. That's always a sure way to look smart.

    WSS

  • Wait until the end of next season then I can prognosticate in hindsight. That's always a sure way to look smart.

    WSS

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @westside-steve said:

    Wait until the end of next season then I can prognosticate in hindsight. That's always a sure way to look smart.

    WSS

    Even then, a rookie class cannot be evaluated after just one year.

  • Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #39

    Smith and Jack

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #40

    After finding time to watch tape late last night, I'll still maintain that I don't want Ramsey - but I'll switch out Buckner for Lynch now.

  • After finding time to watch tape late last night, I'll still maintain that I don't want Ramsey - but I'll switch out Buckner for Lynch now.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @tiamat63 said:

    After finding time to watch tape late last night, I'll still maintain that I don't want Ramsey - but I'll switch out Buckner for Lynch now.

    A fellow Buckner hater?! Welcome! What do you dislike most?

  • Mike HM Mike H wrote on last edited by Mike H
    #42

    I'm upgrading to 3. Darron Lee joins Jack and Lynch.

    I'd be most happy with Buckner, Bosa, Ramsey or trade down for an OT or WR.+

  • @westside-steve said:

    Wait until the end of next season then I can prognosticate in hindsight. That's always a sure way to look smart.

    WSS

    Even then, a rookie class cannot be evaluated after just one year.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @the-gipper said:

    Even then, a rookie class cannot be evaluated after just one year.

    Oh sure they can. Is this your first visit to the Browns board?

    😁

    WSS

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #44

    I don't want a RB from Bama and I damn sure don't want pick 22

  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #45

    Treadwell in a trade down, or Jack.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    After finding time to watch tape late last night, I'll still maintain that I don't want Ramsey - but I'll switch out Buckner for Lynch now.

    A fellow Buckner hater?! Welcome! What do you dislike most?

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @wargograw said:

    A fellow Buckner hater?! Welcome! What do you dislike most?

    Slow step, plays high, very inconsistent hand usage, too often he hand fights with the lineman and doesn't try to get skinny in the gap, motor and burst question, too often because of playing high he loses his feet from under him...

    How far did you want me to go here?

  • @the-gipper said:

    Even then, a rookie class cannot be evaluated after just one year.

    Oh sure they can. Is this your first visit to the Browns board?

    😁

    WSS

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @westside-steve said:

    Oh sure they can. Is this your first visit to the Browns board?

    😁

    WSS

    Ha! Excellent.

  • J joedawg69 wrote on last edited by
    #48

    Bosa because he is a 4-3 player and Lynch because I don't think he is worth a first round pick but would not hate it if we got him in a later round.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #49

    Had no idea why Tour said no to Conklin in the first. Then I saw him across from Buckner this past season. Dialed up more film...

    I might have to say no to Lynch and Conklin now.

  • @wargograw said:

    A fellow Buckner hater?! Welcome! What do you dislike most?

    Slow step, plays high, very inconsistent hand usage, too often he hand fights with the lineman and doesn't try to get skinny in the gap, motor and burst question, too often because of playing high he loses his feet from under him...

    How far did you want me to go here?

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #50

    @tiamat63 said:

    Slow step, plays high?

    This. He's high on the mocks cause of his physical potential but his fundamentals are lacking. Any 4-3 team that takes him as DE over bosa is straight up high. I've seen nothing from his tape that ma.kes me interested in him as a 5 tech for the Browns either. Not at 8 at least. If we drop back more and pick him up later along with more picks than yeah I'm ok with that

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Slow step, plays high?

    This. He's high on the mocks cause of his physical potential but his fundamentals are lacking. Any 4-3 team that takes him as DE over bosa is straight up high. I've seen nothing from his tape that ma.kes me interested in him as a 5 tech for the Browns either. Not at 8 at least. If we drop back more and pick him up later along with more picks than yeah I'm ok with that

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #51

    @clevfan4life said:

    This. He's high on the mocks cause of his physical potential but his fundamentals are lacking. Any 4-3 team that takes him as DE over bosa is straight up high. I've seen nothing from his tape that ma.kes me interested in him as a 5 tech for the Browns either. Not at 8 at least. If we drop back more and pick him up later along with more picks than yeah I'm ok with that

    I think he's being projected inside in the 4-3 and at 5-tech in the 3-4.

    Side note - say that to 99% of my friends here, even the ones that follow the game, and they have no idea, it's like I'm talking a different language.

  • Had no idea why Tour said no to Conklin in the first. Then I saw him across from Buckner this past season. Dialed up more film...

    I might have to say no to Lynch and Conklin now.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #52

    @tiamat63 said:

    Had no idea why Tour said no to Conklin in the first. Then I saw him across from Buckner this past season. Dialed up more film...

    I might have to say no to Lynch and Conklin now.

    Took your good old time didn't ya?