Skip to content

Myles Jack has a "chondral defect" in his right knee

The Browns Board
38 15 1.5k
  • And the day of the draft it came out that Warren Sapp was a pothead. So he slid to 12.

    Smoke screens all around.

  • He's got Andre Wadsworth written all over him now.

  • No production and now no cartilage in his knee. The circle will be complete when he's drafted by Browns

  • No production and now no cartilage in his knee. The circle will be complete when he's drafted by Browns

    @mike-h said:

    No production.........

    WTF? Guess you don't watch Pac 12 football........... Past your bed time? 😉

  • I live in San Diego. His production does not match asinine projections I'm reading about him

  • yeah this is what I've been reading. Smoke screening someone as a pot head is different than having knee issues. I mean look everyone is sayng Clowneys done and he stepped in a little hole in the ground. If ur already at that point with your knee like Jack is.....I dunno. I mean I wouldn't mind having him cause his upside is nice, but if we're going defense front I don't want him over Bosa, Spence or Buckner.

  • I live in San Diego. His production does not match asinine projections I'm reading about him

    @mike-h said:

    I live in San Diego. His production does not match asinine projections I'm reading about him

    I've seen all of his games over the past few years, and production would be one of the top 3 single words I would use to describe him. The other two being play-maker and motor. Hopefully the Browns' Drs. are top notch and can decipher reality from fear.

    I'm not big on "projection", as it has no basis in reality. Men either do, or they do not, and it doesn't matter what a group of people said that he may, or may not do.

    All of that said, his knee is a concern and the last thing the Browns can afford to do at 8 is pick a player that can't stay on the field........... Glad I'm not making the pick.

  • It is reason enough for many teams to bypass him... They won't take a chance with their high draft pick. I say he does fall considerably because of this.

  • @mike-h said:

    I live in San Diego. His production does not match asinine projections I'm reading about him

    I've seen all of his games over the past few years, and production would be one of the top 3 single words I would use to describe him. The other two being play-maker and motor. Hopefully the Browns' Drs. are top notch and can decipher reality from fear.

    I'm not big on "projection", as it has no basis in reality. Men either do, or they do not, and it doesn't matter what a group of people said that he may, or may not do.

    All of that said, his knee is a concern and the last thing the Browns can afford to do at 8 is pick a player that can't stay on the field........... Glad I'm not making the pick.

    @d-bone said:

    I've seen all of his games over the past few years, and production would be one of the top 3 single words I would use to describe him. The other two being play-maker and motor. Hopefully the Browns' Drs. are top notch and can decipher reality from fear.

    I'm not big on "projection", as it has no basis in reality. Men either do, or they do not, and it doesn't matter what a group of people said that he may, or may not do.

    All of that said, his knee is a concern and the last thing the Browns can afford to do at 8 is pick a player that can't stay on the field........... Glad I'm not making the pick.

    If the Browns pick this guy- I may toss something at the screen.

    @the-gipper said:

    It is reason enough for many teams to bypass him... They won't take a chance with their high draft pick. I say he does fall considerably because of this.

    Shades of KW II. We absolutely can't be taking chances on first round guys with known injury issues.

  • His production was not elite, at least from what I want out of a 3-4 inside linebacker.

    If you wan't a cover linebacker with the 8th overall pick, even without a bum knee, then .... 😳

  • His production was not elite, at least from what I want out of a 3-4 inside linebacker.

    If you wan't a cover linebacker with the 8th overall pick, even without a bum knee, then .... 😳

    @mike-h said:

    His production was not elite, at least from what I want out of a 3-4 inside linebacker.

    If you wan't a cover linebacker with the 8th overall pick, even without a bum knee, then .... 😳

    Then what?

  • it's spence or bosa at DE/OLB'er. I lean toward Bosa because we already have a Spence type olb'er in orchard. I'd prefer a more jack type like Kruger and Armonty were. A guy that theoretically could slide inside and play the 5 tech in certain situations. But I wouldn't be upset with Spence. We're still gonna have issues against the run though. With Bosa you could at least see someone that's gonna be stiff against the run on that left side and someone they can't wash out with a TE (ie like Kruger)

  • it's spence or bosa at DE/OLB'er. I lean toward Bosa because we already have a Spence type olb'er in orchard. I'd prefer a more jack type like Kruger and Armonty were. A guy that theoretically could slide inside and play the 5 tech in certain situations. But I wouldn't be upset with Spence. We're still gonna have issues against the run though. With Bosa you could at least see someone that's gonna be stiff against the run on that left side and someone they can't wash out with a TE (ie like Kruger)

    @clevfan4life said:

    it's spence or bosa at DE/OLB'er. I lean toward Bosa because we already have a Spence type olb'er in orchard. I'd prefer a more jack type like Kruger and Armonty were. A guy that theoretically could slide inside and play the 5 tech in certain situations. But I wouldn't be upset with Spence. We're still gonna have issues against the run though. With Bosa you could at least see someone that's gonna be stiff against the run on that left side and someone they can't wash out with a TE (ie like Kruger)

    Bosa won't be there at 8, no way. I am not counting on that. I will fall over if he is. Noah Spence I doubt will go until the 20s.

    If the Browns drop down again, which they may, then they may grab him somewhere in the teens.

  • Agree... can't see Bosa getting by both the 'Boys and JAX...

  • @d-bone said:

    I've seen all of his games over the past few years, and production would be one of the top 3 single words I would use to describe him. The other two being play-maker and motor. Hopefully the Browns' Drs. are top notch and can decipher reality from fear.

    I'm not big on "projection", as it has no basis in reality. Men either do, or they do not, and it doesn't matter what a group of people said that he may, or may not do.

    All of that said, his knee is a concern and the last thing the Browns can afford to do at 8 is pick a player that can't stay on the field........... Glad I'm not making the pick.

    If the Browns pick this guy- I may toss something at the screen.

    @the-gipper said:

    It is reason enough for many teams to bypass him... They won't take a chance with their high draft pick. I say he does fall considerably because of this.

    Shades of KW II. We absolutely can't be taking chances on first round guys with known injury issues.

    @hoorta said:

    shades of KW II. We absolutely can't be taking chances on first round guys with known injury issues.

    I really was in favor of trading down and picking him but this knee thing scares me. I think we have to take a pass...sure he could turn out to be LT but he also could be out of the league in a year with a crap knee.

  • Bosa at 8

  • Bosa at 8

    @mike-h said:

    Bosa at 8

    He doesn't seem explosive/twitchy enough to me, although I admit I haven't seen him play very much.

  • I thought that too after seeing how he tested. But I watched again, and the way he plays... he's something every D needs. He can explode and sets the edge. People say this all the time, but Bosa actually does it.

    Really strong hands.

  • I thought that too after seeing how he tested. But I watched again, and the way he plays... he's something every D needs. He can explode and sets the edge. People say this all the time, but Bosa actually does it.

    Really strong hands.

    @mike-h said:

    Really strong hands.

    I'd say something, but we've been getting along so well...

    For me Bosa is still a question of scheme fit.

  • Bosa can play multiple positions in multiple fronts.

    And that's how Ray Horton plays defense.

    From the horse's mouth:

    "That's the most important thing to me – what do we look like, not what we line up in. We may be a 3-4 on one snap. We may be a 4-3 on another snap. I guarantee you we'll be a 5-2 sometimes, and we'll be a 4-4 sometimes. We are a multi-front, attacking defense, and that's the most important thing."

    "That may mean one snap being 5-2, the next snap it may be 4-4. It will be predicated by what the offense does. We have athletes that can stand up, that can put their hand in the ground, that can run, so that's why I go back to the multi-front defense."

    I don't think there's even a question other than if he'll be available at 8.